What does Cred Forums think about Jigga?

What does Cred Forums think about Jigga?

He's overrated, in my opinion.

Maybe I don't like him because I'm not into East Coast hip-hop.

talentless hack

i thank him for kanye and that's about it

Fuck the kids, dude is dope. Single handedly got me out of my rap metal phase in junior high school.

Its shit OP

He's not even a top 5 90's rapper and his only too consistently good projects (RD & Blueprint) don't stack up to the other classics

he's the greatest of all time no one in the 90's has had the level of popularity for this long, at least top 5

Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, and The Black Album are some of the best hip hop albums ever

He does have some lows tho, but even then he gets hits and has gone multi plat on every album

ignore the R Kelly collab tho lol

I like some of his songs but I can't handle a whole album of his. And he was the weak link in almost every Kanye song imo.

One of you is wrong

I can't take him seriously because of his retarded face, he looks like a wierd, tall, awkward cousin or whatever idk lol

>his only too consistently good projects (RD & Blueprint) don't stack up to the other classics
tsk tsk tsk. You have short memory.

He invented swag

nah that's big daddy kane

nah that's Rakim

Lil B invented swag

Top 10 of all time. could argue that he's top 5.

rakim didn't have hoes and shit the way BDK did, Rakim was about how he is the best, BDK was about look at all this clothes and money.

At least I think, it's been a minute since I listened to either of em

>not into East Coast hip-hop
Seriously, a good chunk of the all time best emcees are east coast, writing off the entire east side is just..... damn dude

>level of popularity
irrelevant

how many illmatic threads do you see vs blueprint or reasonable doubt? in the long run he didn't even have the staying power of his rival

reminder Takeover>Ether

Proof you can be ugly af and still make it to the top of the game

Name THREE bands

Wu-tang
Three six mafia
kanye

Illmatic > anything Jay-Z has ever done in his life

i would certainly not put jay z in the top 5 rappers

scarface
biggie
ghostface
schooly d
kool keith
sadat x
prodigy
killer mike
and yeah, nas

I'd say popularity does count, underground dudes (usually) aren't the ones influencing the kids who are gonna grow up to rap, it's the dudes all over the radio who influence who is coming next.

Look at Wayne and this new school of rappers who were all in middle school(ish) when he was everywhere.

Nas is influential but mainly to people who give a shit about 90's east coast hip hop which isn't too many anymore, Jay isn't influencing anyone anymore either but he still is hell of a lot more common than Nas

I think your post is idiotic on several levels.
>underground dudes (usually) aren't the ones influencing the kids who are gonna grow up to rap
Every rapper who has ever talked about their influences will name dudes you haven't heard of. Every single fucking one. Musicians are music nerds and they tend to know their shit.

>it's the dudes all over the radio who influence who is coming next.
I'm sorry, the fucking "radio"? There hasn't been any such thing for like 15 years at this point. But let's assume you mean "automatically generated spotify/pandora playlists". The thing is, these playlists (and digital media in general) tend to favor underground artists. Even general music fans are niche geeks now LET ALONE the next generation of actual musicians.

>Look at Wayne and this new school of rappers who were all in middle school(ish) when he was everywhere.
As I suspected you're a fucking dinosaur, Wayne is extinct

>Nas and Jigga no longer being influential
You have got to be fucking kidding me, they are titanic figures / touchstones and the reason a lot of people get into hip hop in the first place. If people are still obsessed with Biggie and Pac how the fuck are you going to say that Jay Z and Naz are irrelevant?