Discuss and recommend music
Guess how people behave in social gatherings
Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h7KJCns5v3g
youtu.be/wp2Hwi9qM48
youtu.be/p4LtcagNWGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Indestructible and Attica Blues are fire
I know how you behave in social gatherings, we're in these threads all the time so it ain't very fair
...these threads DO count as social gatherings, right?
...right?

Of course, of course
Of course
Ever heard Max Roach's M'Boom? It's a jazz album with percussion only
There's also a band called M'Boom witch Roach was in along a bunch of other percussionists
But I couldn't find a download for it

haven't heard any record from here, but I have heard some of the artists. That said:
+Zappa, McLaughlin, Tobacco
Maybe you'll like Acid Mothers Temple..
+Kraftwerk
maybe you'd like Nicolas Jaar

any recs are more than welcome

Haven't heard anything there, but have heard only one Blakey album. Do you recommend that one?
Same

Recs/rates would be swell

hello there fine young gentlemen

what do you think of American Primitivism

that sounds fun
do you think the king crimson drum improv "B'Boom" could be named referring to it?

Nicolas Jaar's in Darkside, right? I liked their record a lot

check out IF by Paul de Jong, and A Short Album About Love by The Divine Comedy

which one? Moanin'? I'd personally recommend Free for All the most

how's that Mykki Blanco album? I saw him on french tv a few hours ago and he seemed like an interesting guy

can't say I've heard much of it, but I like what I've heard of Basho and Sir Richard Bishop. I can't seem to into Fahey though. and I know a lot of guitar improvisers I love cite american primitivism as a huge influence.

favorite track off The Long Goodbye?
favorite Ink Spots track?
I've only heard Visions of the Country from Basho but it's very good. Haven't heard anything from Sir Richard Bishop but he's been on my backlog for a while. As for Fahey, he's my favorite American primitivst desu. What exactly don't you like about him?

Paul de Jong is the other guy from the Books right? Been meaning to dig into their solo stuff for a while now, thanks for reminding me.

Btw, Nicolas Jaar is the guy from Darkside but I personally think his solo records are much more engaging

I like some AMT alright...
I rec Bruce Haack, he has this album called The Electric Lucifer which is a fun, psychedelic journey through the land of old syntheziser music
It's pretty christian tho so I hope you can get over the religious talk
Part 2 is not as good
Yeah, indestructible is a good album, I mean, I haven't paid much attention to it desu but you can't go wrong with Art
Gonna be that guy here tho and say I prefer his older material more so try Live at Birdland vol 1 too
sup pinoy
I'm not really a fan of AP but idk I never listened to much of it
idk but I think that's a common drummer therm

also a common terrorist term

Bonn Ist Supreme is good Basho I like and Rose Room, despite being less than 2min, should give you a very good reason to bump Bishop up your priority list yeah?
I don't know, there's something not clicking between Fahey and me. I listened to The Yellow Princess and while it did flow well, there were no emotional peaks anywhere

yeah he is, IF is great cello and sample high strung pop music, good jams

I'll check out Jaar's solo stuff, thanks

I heard Rootd and Herbs a long time ago, I only remember enjoying it. Cool, I'll give that a listen.
Someone here reccd me it. It's an interesting album, very personal (some songs show more than others), but overall some very good tracks. He has various rap and singing styles and they mix well with the spacey, ambient-like beats.

I don't have one favorite, 3 is even hard to limit. They're a great group, many of their originals still carry on. They have a young Ella in "I'm Making Believe" and it's so feelsy.
My Prayer
youtu.be/h7KJCns5v3g
Maybe
youtu.be/wp2Hwi9qM48
Don't Get Around Much Anymore
youtu.be/p4LtcagNWGk

in the corner on phone
in the corner on tablet with keyboard
in the corner on drugs
leaving party after 15 mins with friends to smoke a blunt
makes small talk about school, hates self for it

suprised americans can be musicians
23 Skidoo
has a fire within
pleasure in flowers and in insects, in observing birds or tracking animals
governed by biscuits and cake and the rod
can trace, in the long, winding rivers, the loss of faith and courage, the slipping away from grace, the slow, gradual attrition of the soul

>leaving party after 15 mins with friends to smoke a blunt
>going to a party now, plan on smoking down, then heading out not too long after
Most accurate thing I've come across in these kind of threads

>tablet

pls don't insult me user :(

probably true

sup Brazil

what are your thoughts on Brazilian primitivism tho
Yee I'll bump those up my music priority list

As for The Yellow Princess, I've not heard it. The Fahey stuff I've heard are Fare Forward Voyagers and The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death
Eh I don't really like small talk so I don't really do it.
This is my first time hearing the expression 23 Skidoo actually.

just using it to let you know how i feel

it's time to feel

ITT

fav track is probably the first track
I have Bruce Haack on my library for a while now, I've been meaning to listen to it, but I never seem to be in the mood.
disturbingly spot-on

There's a bunch of artists that fuse trad styles with modern music and I love it but idk if that's primitivism
It's a pretty short album, I think it's like 34 minutes
That's what the ancient hawaiians would say
yes

woops missed this post

My Prayer and Don't Get Around Much Anymore are very good tracks. This is my first time hearing Maybe. Good track.
Good pick. My picks are any of the first 3 desu.
I was memeing don't worry. Would ya mind reccing me one of those artists?

delete this

Straight gin
Straight vodka
Heroin between the toes

What do you guys use to make charts? I'm sorry I've never used a computer