/daily/ - Cindy Lee Edition

It's fucking fall already, what the fuck is up with that shit?

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to, and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org
come here to make charts!

plug.djsdc-room-3-the-sequel
come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

synctube.orgrSome_dumb_synctube_channel
come here for he same thing as plug but with emotes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com
go there for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.ggs5Rv7zJ
come here to get bullied

Only those who make a pilgrimage to the domain of Brother Rockadopolis may ever hope to see entry to the Skype group.

Our last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys#Friends_and_20.2F20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Wilson#1968.E2.80.9369:_Manson_episode
youtube.com/watch?v=P-WVIpoDuxU
m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/art/70243038/
kickstarter.com/projects/ozmarecords/voyager-golden-record-40th-anniversary-edition
youtube.com/watch?v=MExfaB-emH0
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/marxman/33_revolutions_per_minute/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/hamlet-gonashvili/hamlet-gonashvili/
youtube.com/watch?v=cSLI0HYj_i0
mangedisc.blogspot.de/2011/01/monomono-give-beggar-chance.html
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pleasure_model/kendo_dynamics/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/the_coneheads/canadian_cone/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/siah_and_yeshua_dapo_ed/siah_and_yeshua_dapo_ed/
sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.com.au/
wmwc.umwblogs.org/listen
rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/jeff-mills/live-at-the-liquid-room-tokyo/
youtu.be/SV2G9Cvm4a4?t=30s
vocaroo.com/i/s0mblJskwbyB
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bh9n5N24r4
vocaroo.com/i/s1V8s8tYTLOo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

succ me
+58 4145991969

sent ;)

oh
that was thhe wrong number
poor las
lad

who else /drunk/ here???????????

o well

me

only oldfag /daily/posters will get this

i like the beach boys

me too

Yea boi

How you doin?

I feel loike texting a certain person but i'm not nealy THAT drunk

how are you

their ties with charles manson was pretty crazy.

explain, I know nothing

cite your sources

It's on the wikipedia page.

In spring 1968, Dennis began a strained relationship with musician Charles Manson, which persisted for several months afterward. Dennis bought him time at Brian's home studio where recording sessions were attempted while Brian stayed in his room. Dennis then proposed that Manson be signed to Brother Records. Brian reportedly disliked Charlie, and so a deal was never made. Without Manson's involvement, the Beach Boys did record one song penned by Manson: "Cease to Exist", rewritten as "Never Learn Not to Love". The idea of the Beach Boys recording one of his songs reportedly thrilled Manson, and it was released as a Beach Boys single. After accruing a large monetary debt to the group, Dennis deliberately omitted Manson's credit on its release while also altering the song's arrangement and lyrics. This greatly angered Manson. Growing fearful, Dennis gradually distanced himself from Manson, whose family had taken over his home. He was eventually convicted for murder conspiracy; from there on, Dennis was too afraid of the Manson family to ever speak publicly on his relationship, let alone testify against him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys#Friends_and_20.2F20

Yeah? May as well
Im feeling pretty good/fucked

Also this if you want far more details.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Wilson#1968.E2.80.9369:_Manson_episode

Good Morning /daily/!

A bit hungover, but very happy regardless about yesterday. Gonna listen to something dank now. Probably something Shamepai reced yesterday.

What's up with you guys?

neat, listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=P-WVIpoDuxU

wow that's spooky and actually rather ride on behalf of manson and his family, I hope they apologized

week's highlight: Gun. epic uplifting psych-tinged hard rock with some horns strings and keys, some early traces of prog, kind of
shouts out to Kanz cuz Die Goldenen Zitronen were really good too

anyone else listened to Street Sects? thoughts?

now not so much

i like smile sesh and sunflower

Oh my god Sigur Ros is nice
I'm so comfy

Yo whoever posted that stoopid ass picture of that tent on the beach last thread, that pic is dumb af

your shit will get all wet, even if you don't wake up under two feet of water

Source: camped near a lake, mist is the silent killer

these rym jan pics always give me a laugh
nah, I went to two parties last night, I'm good for the weekend

Listen to Valtari!
That album is weapons-grade comfy

OK
I'm in two hoodies and two layers of socks and one pair of sweatpants and I'm so SNUG and I'm just collapsing into my ikea bed couch

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Pls post high level ikea-sponsored Valtari thoughts
I want to be comfy vicariously Through you

Its-a me

m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/art/70243038/ I have it in the leather option it's nice

was fucking nattered 2 nights ago, should have posted in dischord

PAGING FISH

kickstarter.com/projects/ozmarecords/voyager-golden-record-40th-anniversary-edition
^^^
Have you heard about this dude??

I'm so sad right now
Agætis Byrjun is over

listen to Julianna Barwick now

>David Thomas Broughton - Crippling Lack
After hearing the first few songs of this i thought there was no way that this could be stretched out for the few 15 minute songs in the middle, but it did way better than i thought it would. At its core it's a guy singing and playing guitar, but the other instrumentation around this is where it really shines. Really pretty strings and a bunch of random other instruments pop up all over the album. I originally didn't like his voice, but over the course of this very lengthy thing is gradually won me over. The problem i have is that it meanders a lot towards the middle and end and loses a lot of its energy. Also the songs start to sound very repetitive and samey after a while even with the change of sound. 6/10

>Mukaizake - Mapping the Static
This album is amazingly comfy and also sad. An amazing blend of twinkly math rock/midwest emo guitars with a singer who sounds exactly like the guy from Bluetile Lounge. It's brooding and anxious, but also has some more upbeat and happy moments too. I just love everything about this. 9/10

thoughts?

>thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=MExfaB-emH0
Letov this song fuckin great dud, thanks for the tourney rec

>thoughts?

DGZ are my meme band and not Kanzler's.

So I'm bored and feel like writing about something I listened to lately. Will probably do this more in the future instead of following charts or calendars because I can't do that stuff properly. Anyway, here it goes.

(1/2)

Sir Richard Bishop - Salvador Kali

Let's say you're in a desert on your way to a city in some foreign land. It is a desert far away from whatever place you would normally be in right now at this very moment. The sun's rays take a rest on your skin as you walk through this desert with a modicum of water and no vehicle or animal to support you. Suddenly, as you continue your journey a strange band of multiracial musician thieves in a caravan appear behind you. They're dressed in turbans, ponchos, gypsy garments and many more kinds of exotic clothing you can find in different places around the world. Some of them laugh as they ride, some of them cry and some of them just stare out into the desert as they wait for arrival at their destination. Though they're not all in the same mood, they're all playing the same tunes on their instruments as they travel to the city. What are they playing you might ask? Well, none other than the music from Sir Richard Bishop's Salvador Kali.

On this release, Bishop continues to work with the abnormal rock meets foreign unfamiliar music style of his cult band Sun City Girls. However, not only does he incorporate elements of the unique American rock band but also takes from the wonderful equally foreign music influenced but not nearly as weird genre of American primitivism. The result of this experiment was a very solid album with a successful mingling of the two similar musical styles.

"What kind of styles does this nerd even mix?" you might ask. Well other than American primitivism, you've got elements of Spanish music, Mexican music, Middle Eastern music, gypsy jazz and drone. If that doesn't sound like top tier fun to you then I have to ask what happened to you that allows you to find this concept boring. Well, I get that these styles of music aren't really for everyone but the way Bishop so delightfully combines them with American primitivism is so nicely done that I think the experience is certainly worth it for everyone. It's got lovely moments of fun, mysterious feelings of the unknown and times where it's really just beautiful, peaceful music.

Now Bishop had already proved his skill at integration and amalgamation to me after I'd listened to the Sun City Girls' album Torch of the Mystics around a month or two ago. He proves it yet again here but with more polish and less weirdness. To me this blend of American primitivism and SCG style influence fusion worked better than the stuff he worked on in Torch of the Mystics. This release to me was more consistent, much cleaner and felt a lot less whacky but still managed to have a good sense of humour which I really enjoyed.

While I don't think this record is a favorite just yet, it was without a doubt a very enjoyable one to listen to. It did not disappoint me at all but I don't think I can say it really amazed me at the moment. Still, the album is a fun ride that doesn't ever reach a point where I can safely say I find it boring.

Anthony Braxton (et al.) - Compositions no. 10 and no. 16 (+101)
I kept trying to find the punchline (not in a hahaha funny way but in a more point of it all way) but it eluded me
I >>>Think I have some Idea of what I was supposed to think, like it had to have been based off of timbre right... RIGHT GUYS
Is it "good": probably, don't fuckin ask me because it feels like you need to dedicate your undergraduate years to the study of music, study arcane and esoteric tomes, immerse yourself fully in some form of tribal culture (the more obscure, the better!) return to society and spend a good decade wandering aimlessly among the grey faces on the streets of some European city (maybe St Petersburg, Warsaw, Glasgow, Dublin, somewhere cold and miserable, soak in the snow and the cold air, is good for you, make you humble), then meet someone and settling down, maybe somwhere warm (Perth of course, the most isolated major city in the world, to remind you of those years spent wandering), then maybe you might be able to understand it
Can I enjoy it: not on your life brother

Various Artists - not even gonna try
is good, some tracks are more impressive certainly than others, really liked the transylvania smile track(s), they were great
My russiophilia is taking over, Лeтoв вы нe бyдeтe, дaйтe мнe peкoмeндoвaл
(letov you won, give me recommend)

Лeтoв ты выигpaл, дaй мнe peкoмeндaцию*

I swear to god that Google translate sentence doesn't make any sense lmao

that's why it's a funny joke
have some free time this week will read that one Russian book I own

lol @ the fact that the rating for 33 Revolutions per Minute is 3.33
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/marxman/33_revolutions_per_minute/

I'm starting a meme tourney. Post memes. I'll drone the memetaste of the winner.

mem
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/hamlet-gonashvili/hamlet-gonashvili/

Not these auditory memes, I'm not gonna listen to those.

I honestly don't know what I expected

vintage

_________LISTENALONG__________
Monomono - Give the Beggar a Chance: The Lightning Power of Awareness
>Highlife, Afro-Funk
YT: youtube.com/watch?v=cSLI0HYj_i0
Download: mangedisc.blogspot.de/2011/01/monomono-give-beggar-chance.html

Plug listenalong in one (1) hour!

meme

lot's of rando stuff, becuase I listened to that Spotify weekly mix thing
and RH as always
Cool you liked Zitronen
what about Wardruna? new album in october h y p e

pls

does it have to be OC or not

if not this is my rec ty

you

Honestly though, reading infinite jest becomes nothing but full of distractions since I often have to look up the meaning of words. But that is V funyy

Stale.

Stale.

Animem.

Stale.

Avant.

Audio.

Semi fresh.

Dreadful memery. Just dreadful.

On one hand I am a p fresh meme but on the other hand saying I'm a meme is stale af. I'm conflicted.

You know what's stale

is the meme I posted related to Infinite Jest or is this from Infinite Jest

that's what I'd imagine Infinite Jest to look like though I've never actually read it
>Semi fresh
good enough

also, why is your trip different

>why is your trip different
Different from what?

>what about Wardruna? new album in october h y p e
i liked it too. i've a feeling there might be hundreds of new agey fake folk albums that sound just like it for all i care, or a few ethnographic trve folk ones, no idea. have you heard Skuggsjá?

Other than the "cunt" I'm p sure the other letters are different. Any particular reason for the change or are you a vile sdc impersonator?

>Stale.
your loaf is stale you meme

How peculiar.

No, just that often infinite jest is full of ridiculous amounts of trivia (am only halfway done with it but unlike that picture it genuinely tries to convey it's setting and characters with proper dialogue and narration)

:o

Oh ok. I think I might wanna try reading it sometime but damn I don't think I really have the time nor the dedication to do it yet.

Motifs are really cute but 27 tracks of quiet cutesy twee is hard to sit through. I fell asleep about halfway in i think.
Cigarettes After Sex is dreamy as fuck.
THC isn't as instantly gripping as Jenkins' earlier stuff but i feel like i need to give it a couple more listens.
Oxbow are neato, especially the long track.
Clipping.'s really cool, but there's only 3-4 tracks that can really stand on their own. As a concept album it's terrific.
Craw is raw af.
Da Art of Storytellin' 1&2 are two of the best hiphop tracks ever.

listened to a couple of tracks off Street Sects but it didn't do a lot for me.
thanks yet another time for making me check out Teens of Denial

hm, haven't really found anything that sounds like them, not that I would have searched much
>have you heard Skuggsjá?
only one track I think, it's good I suppose?

I like your numbers.

Thanks, I don't like yours, sorry
np, glad you like it as much, still one of AOTYs

I like these new numbers you just got.

psst

post genres based on last 100 ratings now

guess trips

Me too :)

Sdc

This number is not good.

good guess

natkingcole?

Gfr?

Darklands

PLUGALONG

no

Terminus?
Co?
yamir?
>natkingcole
nope
Jangle?
>Gfr
nope

nope but it's fun because on my compatibility list yamir is at the first place

I'm not gonna cheat and look at his list but I'll guess again

Fish?

yee me neither it's just a feeling. i guess the instrumentation on garden variety nu age albums is noticeably cheaper
>only one track I think, it's good I suppose?
im listening to it atm, put it off for a while. it's not that similar, there's a pretty strong metal component but it's not the kinda "basically just power metal with a few folky melodies here and there" fare. basically sounds like Tyr

C'mon, join us
free drinks and lots of qts

Yo shes coming to my town. Is she worth checking out?
t. Benji

>basically sounds like Tyr
convinced me to check it out

thanks for this pic

nah

hmm

herb?

hell no

it is from a book called House of Grass, it's a big ol' meme

September Backlog Chart finally done \o/

Good stuff I'd recommend:
>Orchestre Poly-Rythmo De Cotonou - The Skeletal Essences Of Afro Funk 1969-1980
Truly amazing. They were touring in my city last year, but too poor to buy a ticked ;__;

>Belarisk - (2016) Moments In Shapeshifting
good UK/grime/Uk Bass whatever this genre is called

>Terre Thaemlitz - (2006) Terre Thaemlitz Presents… You? Again!
70-minutes compilation of Deep House tracks by Terre under her several aliases. On par with 120 Midtown Blues.

>Yage - (2008) The Woodlands Of Old
What Flaming Lips's The Terror could have sound if it was entirely instrumental & recorded in the deep Amazonian forest.

>Amara Touré - (2015) Amara Touré (1973 - 1980)
Good compilation. Guinean music (Soukous?).

>Bruce Haack - (1970) The Electric Lucifer
Def. his best release

>Orwell - (2009) Nouvelles d'hier
French indie-pop. Best-of with demos, live. Great songwriting.

*House of Leaves*
apologies
despite the fact that it does it's best to be pretentious, it's actually not that difficult to get through, there's a load of whitespace on the pages, plus I guess it has a point to it

Oh yeah I know about this book. I hear it is p mem. Might wanna read this sometime too but it's rep isn't that good from what I know.

poor herb

I give up

who is it?

@Terminus
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pleasure_model/kendo_dynamics/

I'm currently reading this. I'm still at the beginning but god is it pretentious sometimes. The bulk of the book is pretty interesting but I find most of the footnotes about the MC boring as hell. I still have to reach the point from where he starts to mess with the layout.

Dats me

yes

Tell us how it goes when the book gets weird.

I'm guessing co

darklands? mark and?

rudi

It sort of doesn't.

Read the book in college, it was a pretty fun experience but only because of the explorations of the "room". The way the text is written isn't all that quirky.

Works wonderfully with Soundtracks For The Bilnd btw. Definitely recommend that because the companion album by Danilewski's sister is boring as shit.

Though reading it to SFTB sounds interesting, I don't know if I'd be able to concentrate as well on the book since SFTB has lyrics I understand. Should probably try it anyway.

oh, and quick note. Most of the book's ideas are all presented in The Poetics of Space from Bachelard. I think Danilewski even wrote the opening note for it in the newer editions. Read this meme instead.

not co

I'm guessing you're natkingcole

:^)

Hmm a book on architecture? I'm not that into architecture (though good architecture is lovely to view) but that seems interesting. Will check out sometime.

oh hey I missed this post

hi Vinter

guess me

nah i'm sdc

(i'm blaming that on mobile)

drat

sdc strikes again

>Merzbow – Solonoise (1982)

The first track starts with 11 minutes of pure industrial noise chaos: electronic tones are accompanied by a lot of sounds, like a prepared guitar (I think), a radio being manipulated, a static drone, feedbacks, what I believe are tape loops, and more. The soundscape is full, chaotic, overcrowded with a lot of different audio sources, but it never gets stale or boring, it instead is pretty hypnotizing. 11 minutes in, and the track changes style completely: now the main protagonists are a bowed instrument, a piano, a distorted guitar, a synth (maybe) and some other analogue noise that I couldn’t identify, but it sounds like someone breathing heavily in the microphone. Those instruments combine together to create a drony sound that slowly evolves until the end of the track; honorable mention to the guitar, that sounds awesome.

Track 2 is more focused on static drones and other abrasive noises: it starts with an aggressive guitar improvisation (that sounds amazing once again) on top of a static soundscape; this soundscape slowly evolves into more industrial territories, with the static bouncing in and out. The guitar fades out only to return later in the track. The rest of this side continues to slowly evolve and change without any major surprises, except for some very interesting electronic tones near the end.

[1/2]

[2/2]

Part 3 starts off in a fantastic way, with amazing tribal drums that sound way cooler than what I expected; they are accompanied by various electronic tones, that are really high pitched and also really painful, that quickly become the focus of the track. Masami starts to experiment with them, adding more percussions later and strange static that gets more and more prominent as everything goes on. This continues until half of the track, where everything stops and a wind instrument is introduced, that basically sounds like some lo-fi recordings of someone crying and screaming; it is incredibly unsettling and eerie, definitely the best moment of this disc. Metallic percussions are introduced, and the track continues to evolve while adding some tones and static, until it finally ends.

All of these three songs have different breaking points, where the main focus shifts to something else, and I found this very interesting and intriguing. Track 2 is the most complicated, but not necessarily the most interesting (Track 1 takes the cake). The main problem I have with this it’s that every section doesn’t seem to have a clear focus, and instead it sounds like Masami is simply exploring the soundscapes that he created. The soundscapes are really great though, with their ugly and cheap sounds.
I also need more Merzwind performances.

7.5/10

Do you think the box so far has been rewarding in terms of an overall experience?

totally yes, i only gave two 5/10 by far. It is very interesting to see how Masami is experimenting with its personal sound and how he got there in the first place. I didn't found anything that mindblowing yet, but i'm digging the long sound collages and i'm really hyped for the rest of the box

would explaining Negativland kill Negativland?
this is a question because I might write an article

nice ifunny watermark

thanks man, thought you'd like it!

I just downloaded the entire CAN discography. No spoilers pls

haleleleleleleleleleleleleleleleleluwah

t. Michael Gira??

oh shit, have fun man

Ya'll cowards don't even get post-sincerety

>post-sincerity
but thats just irony

not really. i mean, negativland has never been a mysterious group, that tries to hide informations and meaning behind their art. Yes, they did that too, but on average their intent is very clear.

Oh boy

yeah p cool

Modest Mouse - Interstate 8 (1996)
>indie rock

The missing link between the lethargic, spaced-out This Is a Long Drive and the raw, heavy The Lonesome Crowded West, and it's fucking awesome. It's split halfway between studio recordings and live demo recordings, and each side represents the two different facets of what makes me love early Modest Mouse so damn much. The studio recordings are shockingly wistful and pretty, but still kick up the noise and the aggression at points, like when "Tundra / Desert" explodes and just the fucking entirety of "Edit the Sad Parts", which is probably one of Modest Mouse's best songs. "All Night Diner" and "Sleepwalking (Couples Only Dance Prom Night)" aren't as good as these tracks, but they're still really well-done, and show that this band can do slower, more melodic songs really well too. The live recordings are raw as fuck, and while they don't really add much to their studio counterparts, they're still a blast to listen to, and great songs like "Broke" and "Edit the Sad Parts" (again) show how well in-sync this band was live in their best years. Modest Mouse's career trajectory is depressing, because if they kept in this style they'd be one of the best bands ever, no doubt.

3.5-

me btw

think about it... take it easy...

the bug next!

CAN more like CAN'T

hey man, have fun, keep your Vitamin C levels High though
drink orange juice, stave off scurvy

starting up alec empire rn, but after that, sure!

that is also good

Is this like the time Aqam forgot to bring water and food when he listened to that 10 cd album? But okay sure thing man, thanks for the heads up/spoiler

Yep it was me

Eruditey or smurm

Ok I'm too late nvm

>Listen to exactly two modern classical meme recordings and one pop rock album
>They appear in this anyway

Yo why do those loli animes always have a girl with an eyepatch?
Damo

Are you going through chronologically?
Damo Suzuki is my spirit animal btw.
I haven't listened to much post-Suzuki Can so I'd love to hear your opinions on that!

Rudi

Chances are the other genres you have there are listened to too much so it'd have two empty slots that are actually the pop and classical genres.

If you take a look at what RYM recommends you can guess their algorithms arent really good....

It's pretty weak when Damo isn't there, t b h
:'(

as if the screenshot resolution doesn't already narrow it down

Well the lads in discoid recommended I go through it chronologically so yes. Mind filling a bear on what that is, exactly? One of the main bandmates left at some point?

First singer was Malcom Mooney. He literally went insane and left.

Then there was Damo. He sung on their most famous albums, then he became a Jehovah's Witness and left.

After that was a bunch of different people who I can't remember.

Damo Suzuki = crazy japanese street performer that joined after the original vocalist left (Malcolm Mooney)
Monster Movie - Malcolm
Soundtracks - Malcolm/Suzuki
Tago Mago/Ege Bamyasi/Future Days - Damo Suzuki
^These 3 are some of the best music ever recorded so get HYPE

Intradesting...

I guess I'll just see which era I like most then. I got a sneak peak of their debut just now and actually was digging the vocalist so this is a HUGE SPOILER DUDE THANKS KMYS

how do i check this?

Click on automatic recommendations.

Blue Orchids - The Greatest Hit (Money Mountain)
There are some pretty cool cuts here, like Sun Connection (what is it with me liking things with the word sun in it, Sun City Girls, Vision Creation Newsun, Sun Kil Moon, recently Hideous Demon Sun ect. ect.) and Mad as the Mist and Snow
Ultimately I thought it was good, but it doesn't quite reach the heights of something from say, Hex Induction Hour round-about-there The Fall (which is apt perhaps because one of the dudes from that band, dunno, one of them, is in this band) or Pink Flag, it's good, but it doesn't do enough for me

The Dentists - Some People Are on the Pitch, They Think it's all Over
It's pretty ok, it's kind of your standard psychadelia poppy stuff with a slightly scuzzy edge on everything, there are some damn fine melodies here, ultimately same criticism as it's competitor

Need an ep from bot Darklands and CO

thank

are you Bear?

>rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/the_coneheads/canadian_cone/
or
>rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/siah_and_yeshua_dapo_ed/siah_and_yeshua_dapo_ed/

Are you tuco?

Transilvania Smile is apparently some sort of ultra-obscure Ukrainian arthouse movie that nobody can find.

Listen to Cukor Bila Smert' - Manirna Muzyka next.

noted, added
how'd you guess?

No, unfortunately my taste is p basic (more basic than that, anyways)

Are you Vinter?

Lisa?!

Nice write up, natty light! Really well put- HOWEVER

SLEEPWALKIN IS PERFECT

Hoooo boi he bout do it

Btw, did you like the modest mouse cover album sun kil moon did?

f-father???

it's a good song! i just like punky, raw, Jeremiah Green-basically-being-Jaki-Liebezeit Modest Mouse more than subdued, pretty, poppy Modest Mouse, y'know?

how/where do you find new music ?

October Backlog Chart done \o/

This month, each rows have one unique theme/genre:
>indie-pop
>French music
>hip-hop
>Japanese music
>"art pop"
>soulR&B/funk
>'70s folk-rock
>EDM
>orchestral (avant-garde, scores...)
>IDM

hoo boy i hope you love White Light/White Heat and Songs of Pain as much as i do

And I hope you learn to love the Dark Side of the Moon you big bully ;_;

Dark Side is overrated af, nerd

no one answers me anywhere i'm sade :'(

I listen to every song ever recorded in chronological order.

RYM genre lists
Spotify recs
YT recs
/daily/ recs
record stores

RYM is excellent for this purpose, takes a bit of work in filling out a catalog of stuff that you like and that you don't, but they give you a list of recommendations (a load of them) based around some algorithm I don't fully understand

also they have a recently released thingy, and genre charts that you can refine in various ways (to a particular country, repp'd by people in a particular country)

also there is this one really great emo/twee/post-hardcore blogspot named sophie's floorboard that has a good backcatalog of downloads if you're into that... I'm sure there's a bunch more blogs on different genres I'm yet to find

you can always try the chart threads, make a chart of your top 100 or so and exchange recommendations with actual people

then there's the critics, p4k (no matter your opinion), Tiny Mixtapes, The Wire, NME, scaruffi (check out the best of decade and genre lists), christgau (ignored by the vast majority of people on mu, but still has some relevant opinions, he's also wildly entertaining to read), fantano
although be careful not to just get new music through one source exclusively, it's a slippery slope

well, I really like Nico in the 1st VU album, so i'm not sure if their 2nd album will have the same appeal for me.
About Daniel Johnston: his songs are hit or miss with me: few makes me cry, but most of them are just too lofi/autistic to move me...

no i mean how do you find NEW music like the latest releases etc etc. how do you know if an artist just released an album ? everytime i see the aoty 2016 thread i feel sad and left out.

i'm supposed to be good at this.

also do not underestimate record stores and face to face communication, if you can find IRL friends to talk about music with music becomes so much more enjoyable to seek out

i mostly get my recs from people, mostly online
>i'm supposed to be good at this.
You work for p4k or something?

RYM is 100% the greatest resource for music out there

piper 4 life

WL/WH is a shitton noisier than & Nico, so don't expect anything like Sunday Morning or Femme Fatale.

I get what you're saying about Daniel, but I think Songs of Pain is his most moving album, this was before he had his breakdown and it's pretty coherent.

k thanks pal ppreciate it

RYM charts
RYM coming-up recs
follow lables you already like other stuff from
also blogs like A Closer Listen or something, depending on your tastes

>/daily/ recs
KEK

>You work for p4k or something?
no but this is the field i should be good at, that distincts me from other people.

>going out
yeah no thanks

>this was before he had his breakdown and it's pretty coherent.

why?

specialized blogs
or – like everyone else – hip professional websites (p4k, tinytinymixtapes, factmag, residentadvisor etc.)

because inferiority complex, no self esteem, etc etc same old story

>specialized blogs
i only know one good punk blog. it's hard to find a good blog, like really good blogs because they're often very hidden

well, before his terrible breakdown during the recording of Hi, How Are You, at least. i don't think his more manic, schizophrenic tendencies started to become really prominent until after that breakdown.

thats fair, honestly
yo rec me some good blogs. I rarely find any that have posted recently or are any good--then again, I don't seek them out.

which genre besides punk (I don't listen to teenageangrycore)?

Literally anything

>I don't listen to teenageangrycore
>lists punk before

I'm sorry but punk IS teenageangrycore, and I love punk and its other subgenres but man, it's just angry youths making music... (nothing bad about it btw, i just got mad at your need to look down to other music naming it 'teenageangrycore')

droning myself

>I don't listen to teenageangrycore
what are you gay?

few blogs:

>obscure African old shit
ethio-pain-music.blogspot.nl
awesometapes.com

>bleep bloop
all-they-say-is-na-na-na.tumblr.com (idm, etc)
hadtocallitsomething.blogspot.nl (dub techno)
notonlylossless.blogs.sapo.pt/ (just go there to download fresh AOTY releases)

>jazz
rpmoop.blogspot.nl

>other
blogthehum.wordpress.com (avantgarde)
calmintrees.blogspot.nl (bandcamp, cassettes, etc)
electronicorgy.blogspot.nl (early electronic pionners)

the list goes on

i was joking; but i prefer screamo/emo to punk

Alec Empire - The Destroyer (1996)
>breakcore, digital hardcore

A nice, heavy, fast-paced sound, but good lord is it repetitive. Empire mixes the sound and the breaks of breakcore with the aggression of hardcore punk, and does make something really cool out of it, most of the songs achieve the aggression they're going for and the pace keeps up throughout the album's whole runtime, but every single song sounds basically exactly the same, there's no variation whatsoever. After 70 minutes it gets /really/ fucking old. I don't really enjoy the album as a whole, I like the basic sound and I like certain tracks, but as a whole cohesive album it's overlong and incredibly monotonous, to the point where the things I like about it become less appealing.

2.0+

Dope, thanks

sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.com.au/
Twee, post hardcore, emo, teenage girl music
NYARL YOU OUGHTA LIKE THIS

My life has a meaning now

holyshitI'mjealousAF

Frank Ocean - Blond
There are a couple of nice beats, the introduction starts off so promising, the song Nights is a banger, but it's pretty much just really boring RnB, plus there are a lot of stodgy ass lyrics, can't really understand why this is so popular, it's dated as fuck, sorry Rudi, couldn't vibe

Jacks - Vacant World
Kind of standard psych rock esp. for the time, not privileging this because it's from Japan, it's competent and does it's job well

Why is my name illurminate?
My next rec is Keith Hudson- Nuh Skin Up
Make sure it's the 2007 version with the 2 bonus tracks and Ire Ire as the first song

53 euros for that lineup? Fuck you, why do Spain always get expensive fests ; _;

My radio show starts in half an hour
It will actually be gud this time I promise
wmwc.umwblogs.org/listen

>Arca
>Swans
>Amnesia Scanner
>Elysia Crampton
>53 Euro
you lucky bitch

>Autechre

i did and i'm still right and you're still a faggot
probably just chuuni culture

wtf, in the US I'd have to pay $60 to see one of those big names in NYC

still need a rec from Torts and Post-Feelist, and an EP from Darklands

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
[1969]
>pop rock

With John Cale gone, the feedback and distortion erased from existence, Lou Reed going for a more conventional/poppy style of singing, this record has almost nothing in common with the ones that came before it. My favourite feature, the indian influence that scaruffi creamed himself so much about and that gave the guitars an irresistible solemn feel (Venus in Furs is the best example of this), is gone too, and all that's left is some sweet calm tunes that remain easy on the ears even in the most complex moments (The Murder Mistery). The record is still ahead of its time, featuring songs like After Hours that predate by 15 years the twee movement.

+

I hope you like good vibes & positive energy.

Next time you listen, listen for the heavenly combo of "Beginning to See the Light" and "I'm Set Free"

While the closer is one of the best tracks there, those two together are amazing. Also Murder Mystery is a failure of an experimental track on an otherwise soft and pop rock-oriented album. Even if it was fine, it'd be way out of place.

Good opinions tho

>Nikos Veliotis & Klaus Filip - Slugabed (co) vs Catherine Christer Hennix - Live at Issue Project Room (s)
Two one-song drone albums paired against each other, what fun. One clearly was better than the other one, though. Slugabed went down the electronic line, but spiced things up with a droning cello that seems almost fused with the electronica, whereas the C.C. Hennix album was basically hindustani classical music taken to its logical conclusion: 80 minutes of droning oud and pretty chants. Slugabed definitely came out on top though, for it was more dynamic and unique than the Hennix album and unlike the latter didn't outstay its welcome too early. The Hennix piece, all things considered, is really nice and pleasant, but did we really need 80 minutes of this? I wouldn't say so.

co, gimme the best techno rec you can think of.

heh, weird. those were some of my least fav songs.
talking about velvets in general, are you more of a tvu&n guy or a wl/wh guy?

woowee

>rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/jeff-mills/live-at-the-liquid-room-tokyo/
This is the obvious answer, but tell me if you've already heard it or whatever

Also Nikos' droning cello is that album's secret sauce, it's basically why everyone likes it above most other drone albums

That's a really difficult question. I think maybe possibly wl/wh, but I also love the variety that nico brings to the table. VU&N has a few lame songs tho, but its high points are so strikingly original, while wl/wh has been outdated by its influencees a bit--it's important and all, but there's been harder-hitting noise rock since. Both are an easy 9/10 for me though, so it really is difficult to pick one over the other.

The Bug - London Zoo (2008)
>dancehall, dubstep

An hour of buildups that never really amount to anything, a massive tease of an album. It's dirty and grimy, but it always seems like it should pick up into something much heavier and more energetic rather than just staying with this dubstep/ragga/dancehall sound. This is mainly because the percussion packs absolutely no punch, it just kinda putters along in the background while the synths and the sometimes really awful vocalists take center stage. Bassier tracks like "Skeng" and "Freak Freak" are pretty great, but more tracks here need to pack the power that these tracks have, rather than just meandering along with no power or purpose.

2.0+

my favorite TVU album! it's really light and pretty but also really fucking intense and passionate, Lou's delivery of "what in the woooooorld has happened to me?" on "I'm Set Free" is incredible, and that's already probably my favorite TVU track.

>my favorite TVU album!
You mean your favourite Lou Reed solo album?

you're not wrong though

That's not true though

Considering how different his proper solo material sounds from the self-titled

In case ya'll were curious, on the new Caretaker album (surprise-dropped a few days ago), Kirby is still doing the same ol' shit and it still sounds so beautiful. It's just swell--he's got that bittersweet, melancholic, cozy depression thing down pat by now (yeah it's still the same deal with the crackly, fuzzy old jazz samples).

Supposedly this is a part of a larger 8-part series about dementia, so he's still got the same obsessions. I'm interested to see how the project pans out, but I have pretty tame expectations that it won't be groundbreaking territory for Leyland.

So check it out if you liked Stairway, or Empty Bliss, or really anything else released under the Caretaker name.

He had complete creative control over the album, and it was singer-songwriter (Lou) focused. Once he gave up trying to be ridiculously famous, his later solo work would return to a similar sound.

>Supposedly this is a part of a larger 8-part series about dementia, so he's still got the same obsessions.
oh jesus haven't you heard?

>it's a "another dude read wrong an article and now thinks Leyland has dementia" episode again
Yeah, that's why I understand calling it solo Lou.
But he never really returned to it didn't he? I kinda hear it in Berlin but that's it

wait he doesn't?

Goddamn is the first disc of Unjust Malaise inadequate

Evidently not
Thought Berlin was close enough, New York more so
Stay On It is goat, If You're So Smart is admittedly lacking, Prelude is actually great

Stay on it does save it but both So Smart and Prelude do not nearly have enough ideas to justify their length imo, later discs save it pretty hard though.

No, man. He "gave" dementia to the alias, so it's like The Caretaker has dementia but not himself. It's like a concept album but applied to 8 albums, you know.

It's the moniker that figuratively has dementia, Leyland is fine and healthy irl.

>tfw played this for my grandma
>she starts singing along with the words
:')

:^)

Post-rave crisis. Rec any good techno.

Do you mean techno specifically, or dance music?

Techno specifically

yes

Discounting house et al seems pretty misinformed, but w/e
>Jeff Mills - Live at the Liquid Room, Tokyo
for the best live set hands down, also

>Jeff Mills - Waveform Transmission Vol.1
>Anthony Shake Shakir - Frictionalism 1994-2009
>Rhythim Is Rhythim - It Is What It Is
>Drexciya - Deep Sea Dweller
>Pelon - No Stunts
>Ü - Great Dose of Monotonous Techno
>Tzusing - A Name Out of Place Pt. II
>Roy of the Ravers - 2 Late 4 Love
>Murat - Moments

and for minimal techno
>Jeremy - So Peaceful
>Basic Channel - Quadrant Dub
and basically all of BCD-2, BCD-1 is a good intro for beginners, but BCD-2 is far superior
>Maurizio - M4.5
and the M-Series as a whole really
>Gas - Oktember
>Ricardo Villalobos - Fizheuer Zieheuer
>Robert Hood - Minimal Nation

I still haven't really gotten into Detroit Techno, so that's underrepresented here probably

no

Thanks a lot! Will make a chart out of it tomorrow

>Love, Claire - Love, Claire
I really liked how this album wasn't afraid to get loud. With a lot of slowcore releases the whole thing is very subdued and quiet, which i like, but it was cool to see a build of intensity from the quiet. Lots of very pretty guitar lines with just enough lo-fi sound to make it feel nostalgic. 7/10

>Aphrodite's Child - 666
This was amazing. Lot's of times for me prog albums with a concept feel extremely cheesy and dated and this detracts form my enjoyment of it. For this one though, i thought the theme was executed extremely well and helped to tie the whole thing together. The mix of weird chanting and apocalyptic biblical references made it an engaging listen. The songs were also pretty varied with long drawn out instrumental stuff to upbeat funkier tracks. What was up with the cheering that was at the beginning of the some of the tracks? I don't know if it was a live performance or what, but it felt pretty out of place. 8/10

Letov moves on

Sick i didn't know about this release, adding to my backlog.

It's faux live, studio edited with crowd cheering.
I highly recommend listening to the greek version; it has noticeably different mixes and better longer versions of some songs.
Check out how nuts the crowd goes in the greek version.
youtu.be/SV2G9Cvm4a4?t=30s

Huh, i'll have to give this version a listen when i feel like hearing the album again. I still don't really see the point of the fake crowd cheering though.

I like it, it gives it kind of a gladiatorial arena feel which fits well with the context of the album.
I've spent HOURS searching for a high quality download of the greek version to avail, so save your time there. I might try to rip my vinyl copy one of these days but I don't know how well that'd turn out.

Yeah it was pretty low-key. I don't think he realized he had to be more popular to pull off a successful surprise release. I only heard about it because I liked his page of fb

oh nice, I got a 9
did you write something?
anyways next rec is Kent - Isola (Swedish Version)

shamepai you don't need to tell me i have shit taste i already know it

Brainbombs - Burning Hell (1992)
>noise rock, garage rock

/So/ much better than Obey, mainly because the vocalist isn't trying so hard. The psych elements are also turned up a lot, the guitars are fuzzy as hell and the instrumentals get pretty close to early Stooges territory at times, they're pretty awesome. They're not quite as out-there and noisy as Obey, they're a lot more grounded and more typical of garage, but they still fucking rip. The vocals still kinda suck, the humor falls flat and he has absolutely no power. It is also slightly samey, but it's still a badass garage record.

3.0+

Vangelis - Spiral (1977)
>progressive electronic

The cover alone pretty much tells you what this album's gonna be all about, and that's pure '70s prog electronic cheese. When it focuses just on electronics and goes more towards ambient it's pretty nice, like on the frenetic opener, but whenever other instruments get brought in and it adopts more of a poppy, rocky style, it's pretty excruciating. The only song I can kinda get into with this style is "To the Unknown Man", because it's so overblown it becomes really enjoyable, but the other three tracks are just an overblown slog. I can't get into this, really at all.

>This album is amazingly comfy and also sad. An amazing blend of twinkly math rock/midwest emo guitars with a singer who sounds exactly like the guy from Bluetile Lounge. It's brooding and anxious, but also has some more upbeat and happy moments too. I just love everything about this. 9/10

That's a pretty shit review i guess. The album combines a ton of my favorite musical aspects into a neat package. Thanks for the rec it's definitely a new favorite.

oops this is me

>with a singer who sounds exactly like the guy from Bluetile Lounge
Probably because he is

>Hoooo boi he bout do it
I did it
>Btw, did you like the modest mouse cover album sun kil moon did?
I still haven't heard that! I'll amend that RIGHT NOW

I like both aspects of mm equally, I think
And who is that?

I can't wait for Shamepai to lose his shit at your scores.

I found that album to be a grower. And yeah, it could be heavier in parts, but the fact that it isn't makes it easier to listen to loud for a long time. Poison Dart is always on my skateboarding playlist.
You should check out angels and devils sometime, it has a bit more weight (and a death grips feature).

>Don Caballero - What Burns Never Returns

Still not the biggest fan of math rock, from the little that I've heard. The guys seem like technically proficient musicians, with a lot of signature changes and unusual rhythms and stuff. I'm not usually the best at telling rhythm but it always sounded a bit unusual.

There's some nice moments on here but ultimately ends up feeling too repetitive and mechanical. I can see why people enjoy this style so much but it doesn't do much for me. I feel like I could've written the same review for guys like Battles, and to some extent, Mouse on The Keys. Hopefully Yank Crime proves to be an exception.

>Tomita - Snowflakes Are Dancing

What a bizarre, interesting listen. In a broad sense, this can be categorized as "electronic" or "progressive electronic" but it seems to fit into a few other categories as well. There's obvious influences from classical, as most (if not all, I'm not big into the genre) are his own interpretations from Debussy. There's also more ambient influences and it even seems like proto-synthpop at a few moments. The moog is such a cool sound, I've been feeling it a lot recently between this and Plantasia.

Not something I was expecting to enjoy so much but I can easily see myself bumping it to a 10. Whole thing is just gorgeous and serene. Pretty fucking wild that this was released in '74 imo.

this hurts
a lot
did you listen to the USA release of The Destroyer or the European one

also
fuck you
dumbass

Cloud Rat - Cloud Rat (2010)
>grindcore

At its best at its fastest and heaviest, but the long, drawn-out spoken word portions leave a lot to be desired, both because they break up the really awesome sonic assault the band has going on and because they're just not interesting on their own. Madison Marshall is a great vocalist, her screams are perfectly guttural and earth-shattering (what more could you want in an extreme metal vocalist), but like I said her spoken word isn't the greatest. Around "Yama" the album starts to take a turn to a more sludge metal style that I'm not really into, it's still decent but they do grind /so/ much better, and the whole first half is pretty much just kickass grind. The second half does have some nice heavy moments, and it has my favorite track here ("Faint Hearted") but it pales massively in comparison. Still, pretty good stuff.

2.5+

jaki liebezeit? he's the drummer for can. him and jeremiah green both have the same kick-ass grooves.

as soon as i posted my thoughts on those albums i just took a deep breath and anticipated the angry responses

shamepai where r u

i could see it growing on me, and i'll definitely check out angels and devils. btw, are you a God fan?

oh hey there you are

i listened to the European release.

and just to clarify, i really do dig most of your taste based on what I've already listened to, i'm just not really into what i've listened to on the chart so far.

cool but uh
the european release is bad
it's missing the best songs and it's too long
are you stupid or mentally handicapped?
fuck offffff

well i'll check out the US release if i get a chance. it is definitely too long, 70 minutes is way too much.

>are you stupid or mentally handicapped?
both, actually.

I'll have to revisit can
Eventually

London zoo might polarize you for a while, it's quite inconsistent. But songs will click from time to time. I heard it like a year ago, and I still regularly enjoy much of it. Murder We is the recent jam.
And yeah, I heard Posession once, I remember thinking it was real good but I haven't revisited it since.

i'll add it into my morning bus rotation!

and man, you really do need to revisit can and possession.

yeah i can tell, with you fucking replying to my post twice lmao
P.D. Why don't you
grab
that fucking mememe rating system
and stick it up your ass
tou fucking faggot

maybe focus on my thoughts instead of the rating system

Yeah I only heard tago mago, and that was like 2+ years ago. Some guy told me in person that I should hear ege bamyasi, and he was quite cool, so I'll do that at some point.
I'll probably revisit God sooner though

whatever fuck face
P.S. I'm just messing with you mate ;) ur shit taste only makes me mildly mad but yeah that meme rating is dumb. Hope you like Atami and Cukor Bila Smert

ege bamyasi is fucking great, super groovy to the point of almost being funk rock. liebezeit is on top form there.

>Cukor Bila Smert
that does seem right up my alley, I hope i like it too! and if you just realize that my rating system is just for the purpose of me cataloging stuff it gets a lot less memey and stupid, i think.

Coltrane - Olé (May 25, 1961)

One of Coltrane’s greatest musical statements, and absolutely pushing the limits of modal jazz and bop. Sporting Coltrane’s strongest studio lineup to date, this set also includes some of his best compositions. The title track, Olé, plunges listeners into an incredible exploratory journey, exhausting every creative direction before coming to an end. As an opener, this track sets the mood of the album in a much more exploratory nature than past blues-fuelled releases. Despite being 18 mins long, Olé maintains an exceptionally high level of excellence and demands your full attention, more than vindicating the run time.

Coltrane’s evolving style is showcased in the next two tracks as well, though not as boldly. The 10 minute Dahomey Dance draws from his bop repertoire, nodding his past while looking to the future. The last track written by Tyner, Aisha, falls in this same category. While fantastic in it’s own right, it feels a little unsure of it’s direction. The straight modal and bop delivery mixed with unconventional ideas and style leaves a little to be desired. The rhythm in the second half of the album lacks the raw improvisational expression present on Ole and takes a back seat to Coltrane and Tyner. After going to the moon with Olé, it’s suddenly less exciting to just orbit earth in a shuttle.

Coltrane and Tyner compliment each other beautifully on this set, and the addition of Dolphy creates some of the best musician interplay of the era. Hubbard is fantastic as always, and fills his role on this album flawlessly. The bonus track, To Her Ladyship, is highly recommended and has Coltrane and Dolphy sharing a conversation over Tyner’s ballad-esque playing. The musicianship here is absolutely top notch, and this album must be experienced by any and all fans of jazz.

8.5 / 10

Radio station started giving away the cds so I managed to snag these

>Gang Starr
>E&A
>Stereolab
>The Mollusk

Niiiice, I really like these pickups

Good shit

I've had that fahey tribute on vinyl for a while, guess I should check it out.

nice haul btw

me btw

I was surprised they had it
Also one of the only cds they didn't write all over

Darklands EP

Feelist Album

>the doctor came at dawn

my blooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

i sent you a rec a few threads back
it's Deity Guns - Trans Lines Appointment

aye

>Deity Guns - Trans Lines Appointment
ok
bump page 10 wew

daily gay trans lies apartment

im listening to some funk i'll probably not do a Nothing But Black Music November because i don't have the persistence for this bullshit but wouldnz that be cool?

I'll do that shit

interesting idea
blues, jazz, soul, hip-hop, some bleeps, some trad
anything else?

funk & disco
from Africa (afro-funk, afrobeat & more traditional stuff)

There is an October theme btw?

Well Black ppl are kinda spooky

it would be pretty cool

i've only listened to the whitest of white music today. Kate & Anna McGarrigle, The Feelies, Judee Sill and now i'm listening to Bridget St. John's Songs for the Gentle Man. I like it quite a lot.

vocaroo.com/i/s0mblJskwbyB

guess who i am

shamepai

can it be nat
Also were you loading a gun at the beginning

>You will never be part of a comfy elitist underground avant-garde art scene before the age of the internet

Music for this feel?

just find some comfy elitists to hang out with now, i'm sure they're out there

It's not the same though, it's too easy to be elitist nowadays because you can find every notable underground release ever made on soulseek. Plus you can't really be tight knit and super underground because the internet exists.

born in le wrong generation

>Plus you can't really be tight knit and super underground because the internet exists.
of course you can

>calypso, etc. anything from Caraibbean isles
>reggae, dub… anything from Jamaica
BTW, any suggestions for essential old-school roots reggae? like the congos, dadawah?

>Nothing But Black Music
So, pretty much my normal routine?

Red Uhuru is pretty great if you haven't checked em out already.

thx, i added _Black_ Uruhu to my list

This sounds fun
you're Shamepai

WHO ME
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bh9n5N24r4

you sound kinda eastern european but you're not misha. i don't recognize the song but i have a feeling it might be cohen since others guessed shame, hmm

it's Coil (p sure), so could be a lot of people.

Yeah it's Coil's Tattooed Man

Guess me

don't really recognize the song, but I guess ur one of the amerifags?

tuco / jangle / benny profane?

Lisa Germano - My Secret Reason

One guess ya goof

If you guess me
vocaroo.com/i/s1V8s8tYTLOo
(I'm actually surprised this is still up, i thought vocaroo links expired sooner)

not me
not me
not me

>not me
(not true, btw)

Shamepai

Shamepai

Shamepai

i dont know the song, but you have a deep voice

triangle?

Shit
uhh
canine?

le shitposte

Sdc

xD

Yes thank you.

sdc with two different voice filters

I owe you something for that laugh

Post your freshest meme and we're even.

That's the only meme I own, take it and leave me alive please.

P fresh, I'll take it, thanks.

Reggae?
Cedric Im Brooks- From Mento to Reggae to Third World Music
Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana
Junior Murvin- Police and Thieves
The Melodians- Rivers of Babylon
Burning Spear- Marcus Garvey
The Abyssians- Satta Massagana
Junior Delahaye- Reggae Showcase
Yabby You- Conquering Lion
Horace Andy - Skylarking
Barrington Levy - Shaolin Temple