Brian Breakdown

Reminder, Brian was under Landy TWICE. He was checked out from Landy, and then relapsed again, and that's when the shit started to kill him and Landy became his overlord.

Here in 1976 on a talk show. He was undergoing his FIRST bout with Eugene Landy. Still coherent and lively,
youtube.com/watch?v=2gQD2g6F7y8

Another late 70s Brian
youtube.com/watch?v=h3J7YT9oiHY

Here he was after a few months Landy, looking weak and worn. That little smile he gets when he messes up is adorable though
youtube.com/watch?v=2nG5lujg3E8

Him in 1980, losing a bit of weight, right when he started his SECOND time with landy
youtube.com/watch?v=sLvi9pspSD4

By 1983, he was mostly a dormant vegetable
youtube.com/watch?v=G-K-n5op9nI

And in 1984, almost checked out mentally :(
youtube.com/watch?v=tr6_SAM1GRQ

On the Letterman Show in 1988, thin and starting to get his energy back, but still nowhere near what he was like 10 years earlier
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp2iACbAsbA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnVyCuc9_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=dxjGOM9w0wo
youtube.com/watch?v=GJA1KLdEMWw
youtube.com/watch?v=bF3HPqfW5ZU
youtube.com/watch?v=KnPL5OXSBNE
youtube.com/watch?v=xYc4DT18EJg
youtube.com/watch?v=nLPTNumhyAY
youtube.com/watch?v=FKGjv1Y6Zsg&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=YzqHxQ9SrvY
youtube.com/watch?v=GDNM7dy2WjI
youtube.com/watch?v=q1vpFmRtb3c
youtube.com/watch?v=oZSAQX2uuUY
youtube.com/watch?v=NbxD7hAybLk
youtube.com/watch?v=xfilXmU4ReM
youtube.com/watch?v=EQywGu9irR0&feature=relmfu
youtube.com/watch?v=ru75rcwmbP4.
youtube.com/watch?v=A64-t1Y6uzY
youtube.com/watch?v=appVBqRGoAc
arkhonia.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/smile-my-first-25-years-sanity-madness-and-an-american-family/
theguardian.com/music/2004/jul/24/popandrock
youtube.com/watch?v=rm__3mT1qyU
youtube.com/watch?v=n3a8aZvt73Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ScYWsKgL5Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's crazy to hear him not hear that slur in his voice
>that tangent about phil specter in the 1984 video
punished brian

Poor baby... I can't believe there are Landy sympathizers out there.
I wonder what he would've been like if he'd always had proper care.

1976 brian was the last "real" brian

i really believe landy's first treatment was fine, but the second time is where he crossed the line. He may have helped Brian physically, but mentally he ruined him

Sorry, what do you mean by "first" and "second" treatment?
Also Landy misdiagnosed him (I think he said he was schizophrenic when he's really schizoaffective) so I don't know if I'd call it "fine"

Brian saw landy the first time in 76 or so, until the early 80s. Brian was released from care but relapsted, so he was sent back to Landy for the second time, and Landy went heavy duty meds on Brian and ruined him

"He hears voices," she explains. "I can tell if it's good voices or bad voices by the look that comes over his face. For us it's hard to understand, but for him they're very real. I have to bring him back down to reality and say, 'They're not going to hurt you.' And then he'll say, "Yeah, yeah, I got it.'"
;_;

Anyone else watched Love and Mercy?

it's a classic

youtube.com/watch?v=CnVyCuc9_P8

the last 20 seconds are just amazing. George Martin goes to meet with Brian and Brian gives him access to the original multi-track to God Only Knows so George can re-mix it. Brian is overjoyed at how well George did and tells him its better that he did back in 1966. so heartwarming

Wow, I've never actually seen Brian coherent like that in the first videos and he's pretty well spoken. He's like a child in those 80s videos.

I love the first 15 seconds of this video.
"Beautifuldreamerwake- BDW- BriandouglaswilsonthAT'S ME!"
The way he talks is so cute and innocent, but sometimes I wonder if his illness/drug use affected his speech.
youtube.com/watch?v=dxjGOM9w0wo

Yeah, it's amazing

I can't think of many other biopics, even for more "well known" stars, that are as good as Love and Mercy was

>that dumb blond joke
damn it really was a different time

I wonder if it would've helped if Dennis had been around longer :(

post em

post what

nice trips, brian

thanks

I remember on youtube there was an interview with him from maybe the early 80s where he was talking about something and then he kind of just stops making sense and talks pure gibberish. I cant fucking find it though ugh

This is a face of a broken man.

if your talking about the one where he was talking about the theremin, im pretty sure it got deleted from youtube :(

Good Vibrations was the best scene, most others were shit.

I liked the God Only Knows scene

yeah thats the one. Sucks it was taken down, it was fucked

best video

i really want to see it now
tried looking it up but all articles lead to the same deleted video

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=GJA1KLdEMWw

top kek at mike's intro

I kinda was bothered by how crazy they made Brian during Smile, particularly taking the ending of DYLW and making it a delusional rant.

walk hard was the brian wilson biopic we REALLY deserved
youtube.com/watch?v=bF3HPqfW5ZU

Is it just me, or are you Brian Wilson and old Alec Baldwin the same person?

brian has a more delicate, beautifully egg shaped face

young brian wilson is like old alec baldwin, and young alec baldwin is like... OH MY GOD

youtube.com/watch?v=KnPL5OXSBNE

I'm just going to post this because it's my favorite Beach Boys video and no one else has posted it yet

jesus christ mike love has absolutely no stage presence...
dennis and brian are cute as always though

try again hotshot, this is the real audio
youtube.com/watch?v=xYc4DT18EJg

Fucking Kek. Thank you

>brian shaking his hands/making driving motion at 1:26
brian a cute!!! CUTE!!!

>she said your just like mike love but you want to be brian wilson, brian wilson
panic at the disco confirmed for based mike love haters
youtube.com/watch?v=nLPTNumhyAY

this ones more direct
youtube.com/watch?v=FKGjv1Y6Zsg&t=0s

wtf? is mike love bashing its own musical genre?
youtube.com/watch?v=YzqHxQ9SrvY

>if Mike Love were a fish, he'd be a plastic bag wrapped around the neck of a beautiful sea lion.
kek

and that
>beautiful sea lion
is named brian

>"Who wants to hear about Brian's mental problems anyway? I mean, to call a record "Sweet Insanity", imagine that. A whole album of Brian's madness that no one wants to release and still everyone says he's a genius! I make "Kokomo", it goes to number one in the charts and I'm still the dumb, know-nothing, talentless Mike Love".
He deserves it

>All the vids and pics of Mike looking at people's hair.
kek

lol they even got Van Dyke Parks himself to write that music

Anyone else watched these?
youtube.com/watch?v=GDNM7dy2WjI

that joe jackson part seemed slightly... racist

>Interviewer asks Brian about groupies and being single
>He brings up Phil Spector and records

im fuckin dyin

which video/what part is that in?

1984 one.

he mind was gone

she deserved it, she was brash and outspoken and would throw insults at people all the time. she should be able to handle the bants

oh shit

youtube.com/watch?v=q1vpFmRtb3c

>All I wanna do is getting drunk and listen to Dennis Wilson

pond confirmed for dennis lovers

:3

Kill yourself. I bet this is a muslim.

Cred Forums is for faggots

People are forgetting that If mike love wasn't in the beech boys, there would be NO beach boys.

Is Brian assburgers?

just schizoaffective with a mind ravaged by drugs

Such a tragic story, being surrounding by all these people manipulating him. I saw him a few months back and it was great and everything hearing pet sounds live but he really is just a shadow of what he once was.

Til I Die was the best scene desu

None of them were bad, movie was great. I'm not sure why the saleslady stuck with Brian after that first date, though.

i would say "money", but she seems to genuinely love and care for him irl
both his wives seem so nice

>tell me what you had for breakfast...
>"i had uh... two donuts. and a diet coke for breakfast!"
>muffled laughter
>...breakfast of champions
kek

>brian slowly but surely reading his speech w/his coke bottle glasses
>mike grabs the mic and rearranges it, interupting and jarring brian
>brian starts stumbling over his words
h-hold me Cred Forums ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=oZSAQX2uuUY

care to enlighten a newfag?

is this about some kind of abusive relation ship between two band members?

i love it, makes him seem so innocent...
someone asks brian about girls, he talks about music
anyone else seen this video of mike love? he can't stop talking about girls, makes him seem like a douchenozzle
youtube.com/watch?v=NbxD7hAybLk

basically, brian wilson has always been reclusive and creative when it comes to music, while mike love is very outgoing and just wants to make whatever music will get him the most cash
he berated brian over the unusual music of pet sounds, which is now a classic and inspired the beatles to write sgt pepper, and might of been part of the reason why brian didn't release smile earlier
he's actually sued brian over the beach boys music (twice i think) for not giving him credit, even though he did give him credit. besides, brian was the real mind behind the beach boys, mike love just wrote a couple lines of lyrics

Friendly reminder that Landy did nothing wrong

Find me a picture of Brian where he looks as genuinely happy as he does here with his dear friend Gene

psh, you guys don't think mike love was a good muscians?
just listen TO THIS!!
youtube.com/watch?v=xfilXmU4ReM

>when your psychiatrist sits on you but your too drugged up to care

They're so CUTE

:)

Just watch the Summer of Love video. Particularly for this moment.

So what song is this?

kek

Anti-Psychotic drugs gave him Tardive Dyskensia

be true to your school
youtube.com/watch?v=EQywGu9irR0&feature=relmfu

hell be fine

I'll be honest. I'd want him to go now. I'd hate to see him deteriorate further. God knows he has a hard life already.

i see what you mean, but I don't want to make it sound like i want him to die because hes not as good at making music now
i remember reading an article where it said that all he read thinks/talks about is music
then i read somewhere else that in concert he cant even actually play piano anymore, they just have it there as a prop
just seems like a sad existence
at least he's got a truly nice family though, that's what makes me less depressed about his life

Brian is too pure for this world

>ywn see Brian in his prime completely unrestrained creatively

Well I just read a review of a performance he gave on the 20th, apparently he was fantastic, very energetic, sweary. He sounded quite happy. I think sometimes the voices overwhelm him.

Saw a concert with him recently (State Fair in Syracuse, NY) and he mentally checked out for almost the entire performance. It was supposed to be a Brian Wilson concert but it ended up being mostly just his new backup singers, some of his brothers and some random dude with whacky hair that jammed on guitar for like 4/5 songs. That, combined with people complaining while the band was playing pet sounds that it wasn't real beach boys music, made it all a pretty depressing experience.

>I think sometimes the voices overwhelm him
I don't know much about about his mental issues.
I wonder if his hallucinations are constant or if he'll go days without them and then have a bad day.
Either way, he's an inspiration to anyone that struggles with mental illness.

Holy shit, even all these years later there are still people not on board with Pet Sounds
Brian doesn't deserve this

Yeah he seems to go up and down. I do wonder why he is still performing.

Yeah, most of the people saying it were fat tasteless flyovers so I didn't take much consideration, you usually get that at state fairs. But the combination with what else I mentioned killed the mood for me. Pissed me off because I was looking forward to it for a long time and knew they were playing pet sounds for it.

honestly pet sounds has some pretty great pop songs
its not like if paul mccartney decided to play only sgt pepper
i wouldnt be willing to bet that more young people have heard "wouldn't it be nice" than "california girls"

Saw it him in philly on friday, seems I caught him on an "on" night. he seemed happy and energetic and introduced like every song on pet sounds

I cried during in my room and i just wasn't made for these times desu

I don't cry to Beach Boys music at home, but I'm honestly afraid I'd start sobbing if I went to one of his concerts

why would he be so rude to him bros

>in concert he cant even actually play piano anymore, they just have it there as a prop
this is true, when I saw him at Boston symphony hall he was literally doing almost nothing, messed up lyrics, and the band had to pick it up for him an infuriating amount of times

I know it's not his fault, but it was still disappointing all around, the only thing that I really liked was that the Boston pops played the Pet Sounds instrumentals incredibly, the bridge to here today was just jaw-dropping with the full orchestra

Poor guy. He really is lost in his own head.

i love the 2004 performance of full pet sounds
they even added improv jam sections after the regular end of the instrumental pieces, very interesting, and on Caroline No he sounded so tender and sensitive.

why did he have to call out paul and ringo on their lawsuit business and then proceed to insult them? mike love is literally satan and brian is an actual angel

Dennis was the best

>Handsome as fuck
>Beat the shit out of Charles Manson
>Fucked and married Mike's daughter
>Made a fucking great solo album

>Fucked and married Mike's daughter

That's kind of messed up actually

I mean think of it, he probably knew her as a baby.

also, mike was his cousin, which means he was related to her
i still hate mike love more tho desu

>some random dude with whacky hair that jammed on guitar for like 4/5 songs.
This, I saw him in Florida a few weeks back and the one thing that took me by surprise is that they were doing a song from Sunflower and out of nowhere this guy starts shredding on a guitar for like 5 minutes
I actually thought Brian did alright, he seemed reasonably into it and while he didn't have the lungs to sing the way he used to and it resulted in the lyrics to some songs being somewhat sparse and truncated, he did seem like he was into the performance
He also had the crowd sing "Row, row, row your boat" while he played piano for a little bit after an intermission which made me smile

that sounds so cute... i think even if brian isn't perfect musically, his concerts can still be good for the fans just so they can sort of see/interact with him

how the fuck do you guys not know who Blondie Chaplin is?

>over and over the crow cries uncovers the cornfield

what did he mean by this?

Nice filename

To be fair, he wasn't part of the Beach Boys for too long, and it was mostly during a period that a lot of people aren't familiar with. Can't hate em for not knowing the fella.

SAIL
ON
SAIL
ON
SAILOR

Ask Van Dyke Parks instead, since he wrote those lyrics.

Lol that vein in young Brian's forehead is extreme, you can tell he was losing it even then.

are any of the later van dyke and brian collabs worth it?

I know if Dennis were around he would've kicked the shit out of Landy when he realized what was going on. He really loved Brian and wouldn't have waited around for lawyers to get him out of there. He would've taken it into his own hands.

He looks like Nick from MDE

He wasn't the one who brought them to fame. He should be thankful for the "manipulative" people for letting him use their million to make his albums

I like Orange Crate Art well enough. It's more like a Van Dyke Parks album with Brian singing over it, I feel, and has sort of an easy listening vibe to it, but it's good stuff imo.

Mike Love is truly the worst Beach Boy.

I've always felt so connected to Brian, really. And I hope that there is a God and a Heaven, because then maybe Brian can be reunited with Carl and Dennis again.

I think you meant to say "best".

When Brian dies I actually don't know how I'm going to get over it. I will be an emotional wreck for at least a week or two.

he would fit right in the 2000s with that hair/glasses

I found it funny that Beach Boys/early Beatles hair cuts became so popular again just a few years ago

>He also had the crowd sing "Row, row, row your boat" while he played piano for a little bit after an intermission which made me smile
He did that when I saw him. If you didn't know, he was referencing something he did while producing The Honeys youtube.com/watch?v=ru75rcwmbP4. I thought it was awesome that he still remembered that small piece of his past and still found it cool enough to do in concert.

Mike Love's autism is a lot like Trumpcuck autism so I see why you think that.

In My Room and Surfer Girl were honestly incredible. They got the harmonies just perfect, and it was one of the most impressive moments I've heard at a concert

doesnt mike love like trump? i feel like i heard something about that

>Paul Dano's Secret to Playing Brian Wilson "I Wish I Could've Protected Him"
me too paul... me too....
youtube.com/watch?v=A64-t1Y6uzY

If you haven't listened to this yet, you should.
It's the cutest thing ever.

fuck, i didn't even paste the link lol
youtube.com/watch?v=appVBqRGoAc

that's a pretty interesting assessment on dano's part actually

Source?

there's a few more on the smile sessions box

like 'brian's trapped in the microphone'

This always makes me smile

here it says its from a magazine in the 90s

arkhonia.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/smile-my-first-25-years-sanity-madness-and-an-american-family/

theguardian.com/music/2004/jul/24/popandrock

>How often do you have sex?
>Twice a day, every day.
the absolute madman

>you are now picturing brian wilson having sex

>Which living person do you most despise?
>I can't answer that - I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

What a pure soul holy shit

i love it.... it's so cute how everyone plays along
for those who want to hear it:
youtube.com/watch?v=rm__3mT1qyU

Good, I hope it's a loud, happy, healthy sex life. He deserves it, the magnificent bastard.

I think the article was before Landy's death...
I wonder if it would've been him Brian chose if he'd answered.

So I told Brian to eat his shoe and he actually did it! The absolute madman!

I told him to eat something that wouldn't make him gain weight and he actually did it!
The absolute madman!

he seems pretty at peace with landy in this interview...
such a foregiving soul
youtube.com/watch?v=n3a8aZvt73Q

young brian was so qt
youtube.com/watch?v=ScYWsKgL5Qo

this was the first year with Landy and before he was on medications

THIS is what happened to him after the second time he lapsed

>favorite book: the bible
>do you believe in life after death: no

I guess he likes it for its morals then?...

Same senpai

that is weird...
lol maybe he just doesnt read much

He does that's why I posted When Mike Love supports your candidate, you know he's absolute shit.

john cusack did a damn good job with his voice in love & mercy.

he's brian fucking wilson also the movie made him seem fairly charming but stuck in a very bad situation

yea, he seemed very endearing in the movie
i can't think of anything he did that would have made the lady dislike him, just think hes odd

that probably consisted of him overeating in nothing but his underwear with drugs involved