Talentless hack general

Is anyone else here the talentless hack of their band? Everyone else jams really well together and I feel really extraneous and useless

so what instrument do you actually play now

My jamming is eh, but my songwriting kicks ass.

synthesizer

>tfw solo

whats your style, try doing interesting things with it. stereolab did church organs and even limp bizkit had a dj that did a bunch of interesting effects

Have you tried wearing a cape?

the talentless hack is 99% of the time the singer. Most singers in band sound like shit and put in almost no effort.?

How do i know if im a hack?

this

>tfw despite being a solo artist I'm still the talentless hack

In my personal experience I never thought of talent as a from of genetics.

I just feel you didn't practice hard enough and or it's not dedicated.

Maybe what you should do is find yourself and try to understand what you're really good at.

Michael Jackson.

This.

This hits me home a bit, and it may just not have anything to do with my songwriting, but my own esteem(maybe). I have a hard time agreeing to do something in a group, and it just takes me forever to write stuff, especially lyrics and vocal melodies. It feels insincere a lot. I get really insecure in that aspect.

The singer of the band(so-called, since he just sorta put himself there) I was in wasn't a crazy good songwriter, but had more experience with more instruments and was a lot looser with lyrics. Half the time I felt that he was a hack and the other half I felt like I was the hack in the band

I'm not in a band anymore, and I've been writing stuff since january on my own every now and then. Definitely get more work done on my own, but as someone of age 22, looking at people younger than me getting shit done makes me feel like I'm slacking. Mostly instrumentals. Still intimidated as fuck about lyrics and finishing those songs.

I'd think that but deep down I know I come up with the best melodies of the group

That would be the bass player.

Name ONE band where the bass player is the talentless hack

I honestly feel like I'm the only one who actually thinks about stuff like structure and accessibility in songwriting in the band I'm in, but everyone's so much more experienced than me. I generally obssess over every little thing while they're perfectly happy to just throw shit onto a song with no regard to the actual listener. I end up feeling like I'm more of a hack than they are, despite the fact that (let's be honest) we're pretty much all hacks. Might be self-esteem issues though, to be fair.

sure kiddo

As part of a two piece noise band I can happily say we're both talentless hacks.

here again

Oh God, yes.

It's a joke, come on.

i'm loose part of an internet-mediated collective/band in formation and pretty much that. we have three seriously fantastic songwriters, two of them already got solo projects out meanwhile i struggle getting relatively simple drum parts done (i've been playing for just three years) or just fuck around with production/composition snippet-wise and aimlessly. what's worst is i live on another continent which just makes it way harder to eventually move into one place, like they're setting up to do

i hope i'll get the chance to meet other people just to jam with when i start university but i'm not confident in my skills musically or socially

>as someone of age 22, looking at people younger than me getting shit done makes me feel like I'm slacking.
also holy shit this. i was thinking i should just get a low-effort bullshit project out to at least get the sense of having some kinda thing. i don't even care about "making it" i just feel, idk, unhappy with myself because of it

Neutral milk hotel

I feel you man. I've got a friend only half a year older than me (we're both 19) and he's in 2 of the best bands in my local scene. Makes me really salty.

underrated

but user, he does sounds with a saw!!?

Dats tru

ohhhh I get it now

dont diss my husbando

itt: Imposter Syndrome