What happend to him? Why is he witch house now?

What happend to him? Why is he witch house now?
youtube.com/watch?v=cN0IuqgC3N8

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Witch House/
youtube.com/watch?v=13dpFrFw8gM
thefader.com/2016/06/16/yung-lean-warlord-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=1wGwUvFdEHs
youtube.com/watch?v=zJo8u-JxbYk
youtube.com/watch?v=-03Vr0QsFdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He started hanging out with a bad group of people

why arent more people witch house is what you should be asking yourself.

Motherfucker's dresed like Fatman.

>
One thing's for sure, YL has never done a single day of manual labor in his entire life. He's digging holes and chopping wood like a woman or child would.

Gotta stay relevant somehow when you rely more on image than talent

>witch house
>relevant
Not that I dislike the genre, but this is a weird desision.

At least it's an ok song, I guess.

I was assuming that was some sort of deliberate thing, but now that you mention it he probably hasn't done either of those things before.

He took too many drugs in America, had a psychotic break, and was hospitalized. When he called his manager to come get him, his manager was fucked up on Xan and crashed on the way to hospital and died along with the other passenger. Then Lean's dad took him back to Sweden to recover or some shit.

Because witch house is fucking great

Wow ok, I thought you were joking but I guess not.

Yup, its unfortunately true. I feel bad for Lean, shit is gonna haunt him for years.

At least when I had my own a psychotic drug freakout the worst thing that happened was getting taken to the emergency room buck ass naked, and the subsequent hospital bills lol

YUNG BRENDAN FRASER ON SOME REAL JUST SHIT

Is that witchhouse? That just sounds like trap to me. What characterizes witchhouse, really?

>witch house and trap beats are incompatible
>what is King Night, Wander Wonder, Amnesty (I), etc

>What characterizes witchhouse, really?
synths, I guess
this song is clearly influenced by witch house

God damn, I just don't you young people and your internet music. Is witchhouse really a genre or is it a buzzword? If it is a musical genre, then what are its characteristics?

Or is it more like vaporwave where you have a bunch of different musical genres connected by a visual aesthetic and the collective effort to act as if it exists as a musical genre, so that the idea of a genre itself becomes the work of art that defines the scene?

how did the yung lean meme get this out of hand

witchhouse is a genre

stop calling anything you don't understand a buzzword

The wikipedia article doesn't make it seem like a genre, just like gay millenial industrial...
If only there were a wise man around who could enlighten as to what characterizes it as a distinct musical genre and not just a childish internet phenomenon.........

>Is witchhouse really a genre or is it a buzzword? If it is a musical genre, then what are its characteristics?
It's like shoegaze with synths and mostly hip-hop/trap beats

>Or is it more like vaporwave where you have a bunch of different musical genres connected by a visual aesthetic
this is actually true at some point, the name came from joke, but this genre became too substantive when people started to put lots of effort in this very seriously, now it's really hard to confuse this genre with anything else now

yung lean has no idea how to use a shovel

It's like the evil version of chillwave.
Distorted, warped synths. Pitched-down vocals. 80's-ish samples, mixed sometimes with hiphop beats and 808s and of course lots of reverb.

The imagery was a huge part of it too: fucked up band and song names that are almost impossible to google, satanic stuff, triangles, pentagrams, etc.

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Witch House/

wtf I consider this song his best now

I've never delved into Yung Lean's body of work until this point. I like this track, thanks for sharing, OP. Vaporwave and witch house are both genres that emerged in the internet. It shouldn't be surprising that there's a remarkable overlap between the audiences.

Because of all the drug use his mental growth has stunted.
Watch this video and you'll know what I mean:
youtube.com/watch?v=13dpFrFw8gM

How do YL manage to stay semi-relevant longer than Lil B?
They were both god-awful ironic gimmicks Cred Forums circle-jerked over.

Because that unique 'sad' feeling you get listening to him is actual fucking good

>is actual fucking good
it's actual not

thefader.com/2016/06/16/yung-lean-warlord-interview

I just read the article this was from, I thought you were joking but holy shit

all of this witch house talk is just what cloud rap actually is. when witch house kicked the bucket a lot of it's elements made its way into cloud rap styles. educate yourselves

youtube.com/watch?v=1wGwUvFdEHs

youtube.com/watch?v=zJo8u-JxbYk

Lil B is still relevant in that he's inspired a lot of these young trap rappers coming up.

Honestly not really
lil b did a song with lil wayne during his prime
lean is only popular around tumblr rejects who just discovered it

Yung Lean was bringing vaporware aesthetic into hip-hop, not witch house

he's foreign, not stunted.

>Amnesty (I),
No faggot, that's not witch house.

Elaborate.

I know him personally and he works in a factory when he's not on tour or doing music

I don't give a fuck, I just don't do
Pill poppin' in the club with my whole crew
Billionaire Boys Club, sweater is brand new
Like everything I do is brand new
Now I'm trippin' on that cash flow
Still the same dude with a nice flow
Flex that ass, shawty drop it real low
Shawty goes to pick up dollars all on the flo'
Lean Doer with these bitches and hoes
I'm a nice guy and it really goes to prove

youtube.com/watch?v=-03Vr0QsFdw

This is too good.