This is Real Pop

why does Cred Forums not now what pop music is?

Pop = Popular Is it that hard to understand?

Your shitty artists are not pop

(you)

pop = not classical or traditional folk

this is some professional bait i have to admit

he's right you know

Slayer is pop?

It's not like any of us actually likes shit like Grimes bro

yes

>The term popular music belongs to a number of musical genres "having wide appeal"[1][2][3] and typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry. These forms and styles can be enjoyed and performed by people with little or no musical training.[1] It stands in contrast to both art music[4][5][6]

Well I guess it's generally enjoyed by a lot of metal fans so it could count there

Where did you get this particular definition? Wikepedia seems to have a number of different ones.

I'm not sure a lot of a small group would necessarily count as wide appeal.

Why is Charli in the picture twice?

>comparing that old hag to supreme Charli

What did you say about Marina?

was annoyed 6/10

Harsh noise is pop?

>Hating on Charli

Charli>>>>>>Marina

Yeah you know that it's true

Why are Charli and Lana under "Actual pop"?

Now THIS is good quality bait.

because they are succesfull

You're right

Cred Forums is full of poseurs who can only enjoy music that has a thin veneer of "experimentalism". They're retards. That's why they think that Grimes is better than Taylor, or that the Beatles are better than the Rolling Stones.

beatles fans are obviously clueless and should be ignored whenever they show their ass here

This.

I'M SO FANSAY

Oh how long have you been studying music theory?

U ALREADY KNO

IN THE FAS LANE

FROM LA TO WEST HAMPSHIRE

>Marina
>not pop
shes at the same level as Charli
Primadonna was on the radio all the time here

sky ferriera has literally been in the top 100 uk singles tho

It didn't chart in America though, Marina never charted in America, she's not pop. Just because she was successfull in europe doesn't mean she's popular

So has lots of old crap. UK charts are basically memes at this point.

It kinda does though because america doesn't exist anymore due to trannies, feminists and hillary winning the election.

wew

still, she only had 2 hits in europe and never had a top 10 song, Also her last album Froot didn't have a single top 100 single in the entire world, making it a failure

Adele has sold more than all of them.

but Marina is a tranny and a "feminist"

Free Jazz is pop?
Harsh Noise is pop?
Dark Ambient is pop?
Free Improvisation is pop?
Drone Metal is pop?

Wow, its almost like your making over generalizations to get reactions from people on an anonymous image board...

this

music = sales
its all about that moolah

Some artists fall under categories such as "Art Pop" "Chamber Pop," taht are similar to mainstream pop music, but are generally more complex/better written. These are the types of pop that Cred Forums generally likes.

fascinating, i wouldn't know, i don't bombard my life with shit

Yes, Google it you retard

>arguement is "google it"

Its almost like... You can't actually defend you're points...

Everyone with 3 brain cells knows the difference between pop, art music and traditional folk.

>argument is "everyone" else knows this so you're stupid for not beliveing me

Man I could swear that what you're saying is nothing but bullshit...

Why do you keep showing everyone how dumb you are?

Technically yes. The term pop is just leftover from the first half of the century when there wasn't any experimentation within pop music. Now that harsh noise has developed as a subgenre within that sphere it seems silly to call it pop but that's just what it's called.

Grimes is electronic, you idiot. Your chart sucks.

You're full of shit. Grimes is actually better than Taylor. Not only according to me, but also to everyone with good taste in music (not you!) and to most critics (who are supposed to know about music).

This