Listening to this for the first time, what can I expect?

Listening to this for the first time, what can I expect?

It's pretty good.

I like how cohesive the album is, considering it's target audience was 14~18 y.o psuedo-emo kids, It's actually an enjoyable album.

If you look at it from outside of the scope of their target audience, It's a good album.

Stop.

Listen to this instead.

Expect catchy over dramatic anthemic pop rock.

It's honestly alright but nothing special

WHEN I WAS

Some good melodies, great production.
It's a good album all in all but it has its weaker tracks. It does have one of the best album openers though.

two great tracks (Dead, title track), a few good ones (Mama, Famous Last Words), sub par filler. especially Teenagers, fuck that track and its placement
target audience is a meem

aight it's in the queue behind pic in OP. Is this the one with Helena? Think I listened to this as a teenager once

3 songs in and so far I agree, I could easily see this being some cringe scene kid's stepping stone into something like At The Drive In or Mars Volta, and the instrumentation is pretty impressive for what it was

NOW I KNOW, THERES NOTHING I COULD SAY

Has a few good songs I still listen to sometimes, but ultimately it is an mid-2000's emo-poprock album with more of a theatratical twist

Yeah.

It's a lot more mature than their previous two albums, which, in my opinion were a lot better.

If you listen to their first album right after this album, you definitely wouldn't think they were the same band, that's for sure.

P.S, Mama is the best track IMO

worth it to check out the demos/b-sides comp that released recently?

also, general update- the title track still gives me PTSD flashbacks to Hot Topic, and I Don't Love You Anymore is the epitome of hot garbage. Cancer is kinda close to giving me cancer. Wolves is a fun track, got some Danzig-esque vocal flourishes.

it's like you're surprised. stuff like phil spector or the rolling stones was also geared towards teens, essentially

you have to admit that the "scene" scene was creatively bankrupt to an extreme degree

Have you heard the shit geared towards teens these days?

NIGGA IS THIS LIZA MINELLI??????

Nah Helena is on Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Bullets is their first album which is way more post-hardcore than anything else. They really painted the canvas for early 2000's emo with the latter two albums, which is grand if it's your thing. Their first album is kinda self contained in that regard.

i don't know, panic!, brand new and enter shikari were good too.

I'd like to think Brand New wouldn't been thrown in with Scene.

agreed

just listen to it and find out

saged

say that to my face you little bitch

A YUNG BOI

A pretty good theatrical emo album, some songs (teenagers, cancer) absolutely suck but I think it's a lot better than a lot of people give it credit for

a thousand times yes, I think this is a pinkerton kind of thing where it's not really apparent how good it is on first few listens but damn did this grow on me, I think it could definitely be a lot stronger, and the vocals are kinda grating at some points but the sound is raw as fuck and the instrumentals are really intense. Demolition Lovers is a genuine 10/10 track in my opinion, it blows me away every time I hear it. Wish MCR had stayed on this path with their music because they would have been a hell of a band if they had

MY FATHER

A FORCED MEME