What is your opinion of this album, Cred Forums?

What is your opinion of this album, Cred Forums?

Only version of Across The Universe I can stand

WORDS ARE FLOWING

It's pretty good. I really think it's cool of Bowie to make a Soul album despite being successful as a Glam Rock artist. A pretty ballsy move, but it worked out well and earned him a hit song in Fame. Also, his foray into this paved the way for Station To Station.

For real? I like this album but that track is probably my least favorite on it.

everyone says that, which confuses me. But yeah I love it

One of my favs

True. Lennon's version is such a cartoon opening piece of shit

The Gouster is better.

this guy gets it

Only 8 songs and half of it manages to be filler, but the title song and Fascination are up there with his greatest tracks.
Plus it was the first step towards the infinitely better Station to Station, so it's worth listening to just to witness his transition from the full-on Glam Rock of Diamond Dogs to a more funk/soul infused sound.

This desu
Diamond Dogs wasn't glam rock though. More like protopunk.

>Diamond Dogs wasn't glam rock though. More like protopunk.

I quite like the more basic version that's on Let It Be Naked.

I mean it's basically Bowie taking Ziggy behind a shed and shooting him to death. Rebel Rebel kind of feels like glam, but it's got a more Stones kind of sound. And 1984 felt more like funk or disco.

I get you. Didn't mean to jump the gun, I just like any excuse to post a picture of the man. But it definitely was a precursor to punk, more so in theme than sound.
Here's a quote:
>[The Diamond Dogs were] all little Johnny Rottens and Sid Viciouses really. And, in my mind, there was no means of transport, so they were all rolling around on these roller-skates with huge wheels on them, and they squeaked because they hadn't been oiled properly. So there were these gangs of squeaking, roller-skating, vicious hoods, with Bowie knives and furs on, and they were all skinny because they hadn't eaten enough, and they all had funny-coloured hair. In a way it was a precursor to the punk thing.

>I just like any excuse to post a picture of the man.
I know exactly how you feel.

I'm glad people are giving it the time of day now because of the new box set

My favorite is Somebody Up There, its acually the song that got me into Bowie, I listened to it in a game one and got hooked

Right > Win > Fame > Can You Hear Me? > Young Americans > Somebody Up There
[ [POWER GAP] ]
Across the Universe > literal dog shit > Fascination

Post rare Bowies

What? Fascination is good, better than Win and Across the Universe.

Fascination is pure sex

Win is the single most underrated song in the entire Bowie canon
>those swelling, ethereal saxophones

>better than Win
No

Plebs

title track is goat,and I´m not just saying that because I´m biased towards Dogville

his first good album

I like Young Americans more than Station to Station. Fight me Christfags

Eh I can see it. I love both but Young Americans is a bit more focused.

Underrated, love Young Americans. I listened to The Gouster and honestly, Young Americans is slightly better. With songs like "Fascination" and "Fame" it just wins by a hair. Granted "Across The Universe" is fascinating. I feel like the 1970 Phil version isn't as good as the Naked version hence why I'm kinda fond of Bowie's take on it.

Great, most underrated of the 70s Bowie albums.