Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqDjTfpzguk
mega.nz/#F!z0lggZ5D!tVZlG-cAGaNmwVcB37Fh2Q!fp00gbpB
davidbowie.com/news/who-can-i-be-now-1974-1976-details-55996
mega.nz/#F!bxxUxZjC!cdHKmx2oRpKkMwkIjOx0ig
davidbowie.com/news/lazarus-cast-album-pre-order-live-now-56266
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=NqDjTfpzguk

>tfw bowie didn't record the kickass early version of Fame from his dick cavett performance

wow this first track fuckin slaps

how is Cred Forums not literally shitting their pants over this

it's a new fucking bowie album

his death sticky lasted for days

This is fuckin lit

trips of truth
tell me about it man. I wanna get down to this. I'm so tempted to skip down to the bottom to Young Americans.

>he would've gone back to this funky ass sound if the Kendrick collaboration ever went past purely introductory stages before his death

fuck the world

Don't tell me this.
It depresses me too much.

I'LL CUM FOR YOU, DAVID!!!

>dubs confirm I'm doing it

So is this better than Young Americans???

I NEED A DOWNLOAD HELP

As a gift, I'll give you the rest of his work.

mega.nz/#F!z0lggZ5D!tVZlG-cAGaNmwVcB37Fh2Q!fp00gbpB

I'd say so

John I'm Only Dancing (Again) is Fame-tier, if only because the dream of a James Brown-style Bowie song is now fulfilled. Its pretty damn close and this shit sounds soooooo good

Update- worth it, this version of Young Americans is dope as hell

Fuck, I have to leave for work but I can't stop listening to this.

>not on RYM
does literally nobody care?

Holy shit.

Just made an alt. cover. Thoughts?

sleepin hard, they are.

Jesus this is amazing.

I'm so hype I'm seriously contemplating dropping $300 for the box set.

its fine I guess but how could you think this is better or even comparable

link?

It is on RYM. It's part of a new box set and wasn't released separately as a formal album.

its the second post in this thread

Please do, David's family is in dire straights right now.

i want a download ding dong

Literally just released in an expensive box set. Expect it in a few days or just listen to the stream rip.

I like it, but honestly.

This fucking album cover, tho. This could have been one of the ones worshiped.

there ain't one lest u wanna use youtubetomp3 :^)

u a rich bish or a cheap hoe? Because the box set looks fucking amazing davidbowie.com/news/who-can-i-be-now-1974-1976-details-55996

had no idea, thanks
cheap hoe

damn we gotta wait then :/

Lets hunt, boys. It's gotta be SOMEWHERE.

Not in the archive, just checked.

God this album is fucking perfect. I'm half way through and I can't believe this was withheld from the public.

This is amazing. How many other goodies do you think Bowie has hidden for all these years?

I know they said that Prince has hundreds of tracks in his vault so that they could release an album per year for the next like 50 years or something. I wouldn't doubt Bowie has at least another few albums of material.

This was already available as a bootleg

And it's not a new record per se, it's part of a compilation. So if anything, you are the ones who are sleeping hard and have been missing out for so long.

How exactly do bootlegs get made? How do these people get a hold of demos and other songs?

I feel like if Bowie had a significant vault collection we would have heard about it by now. Prince has like 500 hours of music left, Bowie probably just has alternate mixes :( Maybe his lost album for the 90s though???

Greedy engineers

>The same Uncut piece also reports that Bowie references the Boards of Canada cut “Alpha and Omega” on a song entitled “Somewhere”. - CoS

Yeah, his lost 90's album is Toy. I wouldn't be surprised for that to be officially released in a box set in the coming years.

The box set this comes with says there is an extra album of live cuts and non-album b-sides that was never officially released in addition to all of the other 1974-76 material, heard any of that?

It's pretty great so someone with access to it was annoyed people didn't get to hear it so he made a crappy coppy and bootlegged it.

Bootlegs are not always sold btw, so don't have to be greedy people. In fact is much more common in the bootleg world to share it (in the old times by trading and now via internet) or trade than to sell, unless the bootleg is issued by a record label itself without the approval of an artist.

I'm the only one who finds his voice REALLY different from 70s Bowie? It kind of feels... older, more similar to the tone he had in Blackstar

Probably because he's pretty blatantly tipping his hat to the RnB/soul musicians and styles that influenced him.

So he really has that much control over his voice? Damn, I considered him a good musician but as a singer he was kinda there but never considered.

I guess I should've seen this before

the original is dope though?

Composition is off, also why try and top this??

What I don't get is if it's part of a compilation why they give it its own cover? They should've released it as an album of its own imo but thn they would've been seen as milking his death and they didn't want that

I think it's kind of appropriate to incorporate it into something that reflects their intentions to distribute his legacy without whoring it out.

Yet another way to look at it: Would you want this collection *without* The Gouster, then have to buy it separately? No.

meant for this post

This is better than any funk/soul album I've heard, literally.

Only thing that comes close to being as good is Let's Get It On.

Give me more raw & good like funk like Right pls and i'll love u

bumping for this pls

Because it's apart of a compilation of albums, not songs. And this is the official album art for the album that was never released.

literally all of the album except for a few songs are already bonus tracks on Young Americans. Still cool though I guess, just a bit misleading to say it's a "new" bowie album. Just an official release of old rarities. Nice trips btw

John, I'm Only Dancing (Again) has always been one of my favorites, i'm digging this version of it a lot.

This made me cum

mega.nz/#F!bxxUxZjC!cdHKmx2oRpKkMwkIjOx0ig
Here you go friend

This is so comfy

Toy was leaked years ago.

>released AOTY
>dies
>releases second AOTY

What a legend

BASED user

Only Bowie.

It was released in the 70s...

Do people even put albums in their context or even read about it? ffs

>Exclusive to the box sets is The Gouster, a previously unreleased album that eventually became Young Americans

>previously officially unreleased album

That's what it should read. It's how they wrote it to sell it better, it's actually an album of its own (way different from YA, not a underdeveloped version of it) that was realeased as a bootleg before, only that it never got an official release.

Here, fags, you're welcome.

All but 3 songs were bonus tracks or just tracks on Young Americans.

It's mixed differently though

yeah, i've hall all these tracks for years. the remastering, or whatever new work was put in, sounds really damn good, though. i had them as lesser quality recordings. while i find this album majestic, i still think Bowie made the right call to rerecord some of it, add a few tracks, and release it as Young Americans. boggles my mind how he omitted It's Gonna Be Me from it, though. word is it hit too close to home b/c Bowie was going through a divorce at the time. i may be wrong and would appreciate correction on any of this.

I mean yeah it's a different mix but it's hella misleading with the media and everyone making it sound like a brand new album.

Mixed differently, and also different versions of the tracks....

That it has the same tracks played differently is enough to make it WAY different. NOT the same album as YA.

Also why does my copy I got from slsk only has like 7 tracks :c

Whatever happened to Prince's unreleased stuff? He has an entire vault full of dozens of unreleased albums. Are they going to ever release those?

>why only 7 tracks
that's the original track list. the spotify ones adds extra songs.

No clue. Don't hold your breath tho
Could be a while.

No you're totally right. Addition to that, he was having problems with his manager because they've spent all of his money. He was probably trying to release something more commercial to make his money back. That's what him and John Lennon talked about when writing fame together.

That's just the download from the link the person poster earlier, the one released on the boxset is the actual release.

Is the Fame cut the same or better?

I uploaded a version with all of tracks if you want it. Not great quality tho

And a lot of the songs are the same mix like John Im Only Dancing Again, Its Gonna Be Me, and Who Can I Be Now

The Fame cut has a flute added and sounds even better to be honest
Also has a fast punchier version called Footstompin

----> now apologize

he looks so cute in this picture ;__;

jeeeeesus this is so bad lol
I hate his "plastic soul" era so much

isn't it past your bed time grandpa

amazing album that just got better with the inclusion of Win, Fascination, and Fame. sucks he had a falling out with Visconti over it, but that harkened the Eno/Berlin era, so no big loss, really.

It's not new.

Fortunately 3 unreleased songs from the Blackstar sessions are getting released next month.

I think it was a good call to release Young Americans instead of this. I like this album a lot after just hearing it once, but it sounds too copycat of it's source inspiration than YA did.

>Kendrick collaboration
ew

yeah? first i've heard of this. as singles, EP, or as part of a collection like The Gouster?

indeed. i'd say the only poor song on YA, possibly in both The Gouster and YA sessions, was the Across the Universe cover. every time i listen to it i feel it's a misguided effort. the music doesn't elevate the lyrics any. good experiment, but somewhat of a miss.

So it's just 2 song that were released as bonus tracks 25 years ago mixed in with some Young Americans tracks?

you can put it that way. same way you can say Bob Dylan's Bootleg series is just old songs he recorded but didn't like enough to release, plus some b-sides. or you can say, The Gourster's a majestic remixed and remastered release of an album Bowie discarded only to return to a short while later with another producer and added new material with John Fucking Lennon and Luthor Fucking Vandross.

i thought this guy died

thin white dukes never die!

They're on the Lazarus cast soundtrack:

"Standing alongside the Lazarus cast’s interpretations of classics from his canon are the three final David Bowie studio recordings. Co-produced by Bowie and Tony Visconti and recorded with Donny McCaslin and his quartet, the same band that played on Bowie’s album, these last three songs — “No Plan,” “Killing A Little Time,” “When I Met You”— bring completely new dimensions to their cast counterparts. The original version of “Lazarus” is also included on the cast album.

davidbowie.com/news/lazarus-cast-album-pre-order-live-now-56266

Interesting they're calling them the final recordings, according to Visconti and band members there were like 6 more songs recorded for Blackstar, not to mention the demos for his planned follow up album.

thanks for the info, man. did anyone catch the play while it ran? i wonder if it was filmed or how avant garde it was. can't wait for this album. as for the "final recordings" bit, seems they're using it as a selling point. in a year or so, those other songs will be released with similar pr stunt.

Johnny Cash released an album 2 years ago

they're gonna be flogging bowie for years, better get used to it

since his death we've already had a pointless reissue of a 1976 compilation album, the """complete""" TMWFTE soundtrack and now this gouster """lost album""" ripoff business along with his """FINAL""" songs on the lazarus disc. i think i read something about a special edition blackstar for the holidays too

Excuse me, this is a pleb free zone

I think the more rock-oriented tracks from YA don't fit as well with the soul-oriented tracks, while The Gouster has a much better coherence and flow.

>it's not new
Has this exact tracklist been previously issued in one package? If not, then it's not new. They're not new songs, but the album release is new.

i agree. The Gouster flows a lot better. Across the Universe and Fame don't really fit in YA. however, you can't deny Fame is a doozy. i think if The Gouster included Win and Fascination, omitted Universe and Fame, it would have made a fantastic album, better than either as they are.

>it's not new
Three of the songs are previously unreleased alternate taxes/mixes.

Okay, this is neat and all but I really hope they don't whore Bowie out and release every half-baked idea he left on the cutting room floor

This.
This is like the third time I'm re-downloading all this shit.

How can it be a new album if it conrains old songs? I even own 7" of the first song from 70ies

see and