Is this their best early album?

Is this their best early album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bV-dWhYklqE
youtube.com/watch?v=S8UhSK42OzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I Get Around and Little Honda are pretty essential, but the filler on this album is worse than the filler on Surfin USA. Our Favorite Recording Sessions, especially, is awful.

Not to be a contrarian, but I think that's the worst early album.

Surfer Girl is my favorite.

If you mean pre-Pet Sounds then that would be Today. But if you mean pre-Today then you might be right. It's a personal favorite. Great for background music and summer lounging.

Surfer Girl is my favorite early BB, of course. The ballads are beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=bV-dWhYklqE

In My Room is probably the most overrated of their songs, in my opinion. I've never really been able to get into Surfer Girl the album, either. Title song is another one that I've never really loved.

How about this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=S8UhSK42OzU

>the most overrated of their songs

nah that's not california girls

This is the best "summer, surfing, girls, and cars" album.

is the best pre Pet Sounds album.

Thread over.

Today > All Summer Long > Summer Days and Summer Nights > Surfer Girl > Shut Down Volume 2 > Surfin' USA > Little Deuce Coupe > Surfin' Safari > The Beach Boys Party

would put summer days and summer nights above all summer long but otherwise a pretty spot on list

those aren't help me rhonda

goddamn, love when I hear a beautiful song by them I haven't heard yet- it's happened so many times I shouldn't be so surprised but it's still crazy how many great songs they created

I feel the same bro, now I'm just waiting for the bedroom tapes to get an official release

Brian himself said they'd be out by the end of the year

Anyone else here wish brian would have made some loopey psychedelic remixes of old surfer material during his SMiLE days? It would have been meta as fuck and maybe could have even re arranged some ideas.

brian also said he was never on full house... :/

which ever one has brian and mike arguing

but really the pre Today albums are only filled with sparks of greatness rather than being consistent. I get around has some transcendentally good harmony.

help me ronda > help me rhonda

Explain

i just like it better is all
kinda like the weird volume changes (i forget the actual word for it) at the end