Why isn't he bigger in the mainstream?

Why isn't he bigger in the mainstream?

Is his voice really too abrasive for normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=spfsdpuvUyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nU4OIAYwo5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

DUDE XANAX LMAO

I've shown his music to my normie friends and they all hate his voice

wtf i love his voice, they probably listen to drake and eminem

The Mainstream would drown him

But mostly because he's black and can't swim

>Why isn't he bigger in the mainstream?

>wtf i love his voice, they probably listen to drake and eminem

>mainstream
> listen to drake and eminem

no fucking shit, do you post these threads so you can state the obvious?

not op

(You) obviously didn't read my post ya blind fuck

Voice and he's too weird, He got dropped from G-unit cause 50 Cent didn't like how he dressed.

I'm just glad that music is big enough that Danny found a place I love that nigga.

Holy shit is this true? Not liking how somebody dresses?

that's as bad as racism desu

LEAK WHEN

it was his skinny jeans iirc

Danny Brown is a well-known figure. He's done collaborations with like everyone except Kendrick.

>like everyone except Kendrick

>He came out with a song last week ft. Kendrick

Think b4 you say things

Hopefully by Tuesday night, that's what I've heard

Well to be fair 50 Cent was kinda right, he was a music taste maker and at the time skinny jeans on dudes was a big no no.

>He's done collaborations with like everyone except Kendrick

youtube.com/watch?v=nU4OIAYwo5g

Danny's been around for a while.

Danny referenced the G-Unit thing on Blunt After Blunt.

>Rest in peace wack niggas with your oversized clothes
>Complain about my jeans cause I'm taking all they hoes

He's well respected by most everyone that's big in hip hop, but that hasn't translated to the fans.

Yes it's the voice, I have shown his music to a bunch of people and they all confirmed it to me after I asked them about it.
Fucking pumped for dat album tho.

Even if it wasn't his voice, his music is still just too experimental for normies. It's not catchy, it's loud, it has messy beats. It's amazing, but it's too much for people who think J Cole is a god tier rapper. Smoking and Drinking is the one exception—give that song to Kendrick and it's everywhere.

But yes, his voice is a big problem too. You'll always have big fans and big haters if you're unique.

Danny brown is ass

Of course Cred Forums would like him

lil Wayne has just as bad as a voice as he does. Danny is just too patrish for em.

foh with that his music is too experimental shyt

no yeah you're right, Pneumonia would go #1 if he did it in a regular voice

danny brown isn't expermiental u fucking goof

He isn't mainstream because of his voice and non glorification of the drugs he does.
also hes an old guy who buys drugs off twitter. people can't self insert themselves into him as a role model to talk about how WOKE they're

it's not experimental just weird

this

Yeah maybe experimental isn't the right word, but I definitely think it's too different for a mainstream audience

What's the G-Unit dress code, wife beaters and 4XL jeans?
>music taste maker
That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.

think that guy meant
50 cent knew how to make hits. and Danny wasn't gonna be able to do that for him

>MOO M=D

I thought he was in the mainstream
all of my normie friends listen to him

Same reason Mick Jenkins isnt main stream... too real

>He came out with a song last week ft. Kendrick
he was on a song with kendrick like 4 years ago

LMAO, underrated as fuck

>DUDE WATER LMAO
yeah, wonder why normies don't like him

You're cool

Danny Brown as a person and a persona are amazing. I want to love the guy so badly. But most of his raps fall flat for me. Attak, XXX, 30, and a couple others are fire though.

Well now he's done collabs with literally everyone

*annoying not abrasive

if you listen to some of his earlier datpiff stuff like the Hybrid, it's pretty clear he was trying to appeal to the masses. I try to turn everyone on to Danny Brown; he's kind of a love/hate artist, but one thing no one denies is that he has bars and can nail any flow.
But if you listen to XXX in comparison to The Hybrid, the difference is insane. XXX was met with such mixed reviews, and people wanted him to go back to his old style.
Hence, Old. The album purposefully had a Side A full of introspective old school style rap songs, and Side B was your typical crazy party rap.

But now if you listen to the new singles for Atrocity Exhibition, he talks about how he's too old to care about what others think about him, and he's gonna do whatever the fuck he wants.

TL;DR: he tried to rap like mainstream rappers but then he was like nah fuck that, and now he's bout to drop AOTY

XXX is his best he will not top it

Same thing to plebs tbqh

Mate, if you can't like Pac Blood you're an idiot that needs cleansing

as of now, yes. but all of his singles for Atrocity Exhibition have absolutely blown me away. we'll have to see when it drops.