What album do you listen to as your life crumbles around you and everything you thought was going good is crushed?

What album do you listen to as your life crumbles around you and everything you thought was going good is crushed?
Something to get you through something is just soul-crushing, be it a sad album to help your emotions flow, or a happy album to begin healing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEZ0hRlF4
youtube.com/watch?v=GHe8kKO8uds
youtube.com/watch?v=AwqLWGibwDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Endtroducing by DJ Shadow helps me a lot.

Giving it a listen now. Seems breddy gud.

The Fragile(Nine Inch Nails) and The Wall(Pink Floyd) are what got me through teenage years and I still come back to them sometimes.
Alles Wieder Offen(Einstürzende Neubauten) is just so filled with german idealism I believe there's no crushed dream it can't salvage, for better or worse.

I second The Fragile

Jason Molina's project Songs: Ohia. Pic related is a very powerful album. The emotions flow even stronger if you know how Jason Molina ended up.

youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEZ0hRlF4

HOLY SHIT THIS! My favorite Drinking Album

But i gotta say my favorite for "the blues" is

Tim Hecker: Virgins
The Cure - Disintegration
Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom

Funny you posted Bowie

Low is a god tier falling down album

Three hours of emotion painted in it's broadest most melodramatic strokes. presented in chunks averaging 2:45.

I always though 'Hours...' was his go-to sadness/reflection/healing album? It's pretty emotional.

youtube.com/watch?v=GHe8kKO8uds

Not an album, bu the song "Float On" by Modest Mouse

Obvious answer is suoivbO

dude what, the only good coldplay records are the first two

This.

Also, Blood on the Motorway always makes me feel like I'm on drugs.

My men.

I love Jason. Was lucky enough to see him live once before he died. Amazing guy.

Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go is also amazing.

When the fuck did /r/music raid Cred Forums

this

When you came.

This is my vote. LMG full blast is amazing. Listened to it all day the other day.

The Fragile is actually the first thing that came to my mind and I don't even listen to music very often in the way that OP's describing. It seems to be a good fit for the question though.

It's so simple and happy.

That fade-in fade-out drum machine on It Costs You Nothing is just trance educing. The guitar is beautiful, too. One of the best songs I've ever heard.

I think I read he wrote and recorded that album in a day. I might have conflated it with something else, though.

Sorry, the song I meant was Let Me Go... I mixed it up.

It Costs you Nothing is also amazing, though.

>on Cred Forums
>thread asks what music i listen to when shit goes sideways
>give opinion based answer
>get blasted for an opinion on a subject thats entirely opinionated.

Good job, Cred Forums

came here to post this
been having a real rough month and listening to this album just really connects to me
>I could not get through September without a battle

this!!!!

Why is Pinkerton on there?
I get the whole "muh no qt girlfriend" but the album minus Butterfly is pretty optimistic

Good luck with shit, user

Hope things pick up

LA dispute-Wild Life, Turnover-Peripheral Vision, Seahaven-winter forever

These

i listen to Disintegration and just drown myself in my emotions

I listen to The Seer, the final track "Apostate" elevates me briefly to a higher plain and when the drums hit at the end with Gira's scream i'm like yeah i'm okay now.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwqLWGibwDY

embarrassing

Fix You is the only good song on this

The descendents-Milo Goes To College is a great albumto listen to whenever but especially when you are sad

Glam Rock should definitely push way the emotions, in sadness you might as well be glamorous. Put on some make up and listen to "Low" due to its very, well, low tone of glam. For Bowie in general it doesnt feel right, so it works. I recommend S & V with Be My Wife.

"Heroes" was that album for me. Got me through some tough fucking times, dude.

Oh I "came" iykwim