Why haven't they given out a single 10 to a new album since MBDTF? are they pussies?

why haven't they given out a single 10 to a new album since MBDTF? are they pussies?

There hasn't been another 10 since MBDTF

The closest so far is Yeezus or possibly the new Bon Iver

White guilt phase in America's not over yet

Rating Kanye so high is so fucking cringe worthy

He's better than your favorite artist/band

It still amazes me how they think its a 10

I've listened to it at least 50 times and I think its a 7 at least

You think they hand out 10s like candy? MBDTF is the only new album to get a 10 since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in 2002

Ok Kanye

No

this

>i dont listen to music unless it is pitchfork approved
>i think yeezus was a worthwhile album
plenty of 10 worthy albums since MBDTF (all more 10 worthy than MBDTF)
-coin coin chapter 1
-omnicron girls
-tamayodo
-kindred (although its an ep)
-midcity
-ensemble by death blues
-government plates
-notm
-La demeure; Il y a péril en la demeure
-Commissions I (ep)
-Leaves of Grass (ep)
-Hueboy (ep)

yeah but they gave out 2 in 2002 and 1 in 2000, probably gone and given out some retroactive ones in the 2000s by now as well

All not 10s. And

>government plates
kys

>death grips is the only one i have heard of because i dont know very much about music, but i know this album is bad because pitchfork only gave it an 8!!

>kys

Faggot

Real Answer coming through

At this point there is more money in them giving tons of 8.0+ to trap and neo-R&B artists than to openly give out 9.0+ and the occasional 10/10.

That plus it gives them the option to change their opinions w/ time, so that way they can still retain the loyal p4k-heads that have been visiting the site since the mid-oughts, rather than staying a product of the times.

P4k is an image-based company and that will surely not change. Soon as it's more acceptable (Financially) for them to inflate their ratings a bit. I'm sure you will see a change.

seeing that your list had two death grips albums instantly made me disregard it regardless of whatever else in the list that association alone makes it worthless

Also not a 10

those two death grips albums have more artistic merit than anything to ever receive a 10 bnm

At least 7
At most 10

I'll give you NOTM but GP is average. Even the cancerous death grips fanbase will tell you it's one of their weaker projects

I kinda agree, but fuck you anyways

ten out of ten

i dont give a fuck what the death grips fanbase thinks of government plates, of course the death grips fanbase would not like the biggest outlier of their discography. they are death grips fans, so they like the ones that sound the most like death grips albums.

eh not everybody head over heels for Botomless Pit and that is literally the core sound of Death Grips

true

>taking p4k 10s seriously

MBDTF, the bends, Kid A, and yankee hotel foxtrot are all 10. Let that speak volumes of P4K

Only problem with that is that they gave the bends a 10 instead of OKC

>the bends
that was a reissue, they always inflate their scores on those
also the other 3 albums you mentioned are 10/10

OKC does have a 10 though, I don't think it deserves it but it's better than those 4 albums I posted so I didn't include it

not to mention five 10/10 to Kiss

It's crazy that pitchfork actually think MBDTF is anywhere near the level of YHF

what makes you think that Grischa Lichtenberger is a 10? I remember thinking it was cool and all but didn't really strike me, what did I miss?

The real question is why do people give a fuck about Pitchfork? Their reviews are awful.

yeah YHF are pretty shit now looking back

They're saving it because they know that the next 10 will cause Cred Forums to explode and make that album and artist instantly classic

Also no album since MBDTF has been over a 7/10 tbqh

Kindred isnt an ep

actually false 95% of the time

only if your favorite is Kanye

>Comissions I
Tru

kek

>ensemble by death blues
My MAN

And it's definitely not a 10

>to pimp a butterfly
>not better than MBDTF

they did

it's great, but NO WAY is that a 10. it runs out of ideas like 4 tracks in and then just rips off GY!BE

Wow you're taste is trash.

>bunch of no names
>included with death grips

kill yourself pretentious faggot

kys tedy

Since YFH there's only been two 10-worthy albums

Keith Rowe – The Room
Deafheaven – Sunbather

No one has given them the right $$$

>falling for memes

This will be the next 10

pitchfork is a fucking joke and so is kanye west