My Artificial Intelligence Made A Mixtape

I trained a deep neural network on lil' b. It takes all the lines from the whole album and puts them in a new order -- it studied a bunch of rap first and learned patterns between rhymes and syllables that exist in all rap songs, so i just paste a shit ton of lil' b lyrics into a text file and it turns them into a song - and it performs it on a beat. In it's first album, it has one song for three of lil' b's "flame" albums, where each song is the result of training it on the entire album (so "imagining red flame" is the result of training it on lil b's album "red flame").

soundcloud.com/user-858260650-791809969/sets/imagining-the-flames

If you ignore the steven hawking voice it rhymes and flows fairly well - any suggestions or criticisms?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-858260650-791809969/sets/imagining-the-flames
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm thinking about maybe getting a better voice and doing a sort of artsy project where i have an album with a bunch of songs - and each song will be the result of training my neural network on a dead rapper's entire discography.
so there will be one song for tupac, biggie smalls, etc. I'd only do dead rappers for the album though, it'd be like a neural network resurrection of them. Should I do this next or make some more songs for the lil' b album i posted above.

Really interesting concept desu

aaa thank you! I really appreciate it.

normally I would say fuck off to the soundcloud thread but this is actually really interesting

thank you holy shit i'm so glad i'm getting positive feedback - i'm just a high school student (in a very rural area), so it's not too often i get to talk to anyone about this stuff or get actual feedback.

sorry if that's weird

I've wanted to do this for a while, but lack the willpower, albeit not the knowledge. Definitely do this, but you have to really make sure the NN gits gud to make something like that (that is, if you want a bunch of attention and buzz) to make it really really good.

wholeheartedly think you should do it, ESPECIALLY if you enjoyed doing the lil b one.

really cool that youre just a high school student in a rural area. keep doing what youre good at and strive to make it better and better and you'll go far in life man. gl.

also protip, dont post this shit on reddit or other places. not yet anyway. work on it more and more and if you wanna share clips and stuff or ask for feedback, do it here like you've done with your OP (with details and background behind it all). You'll be able to get good criticism without a bunch of circlejerking.

once youre almost done or completely done, then share it on reddit and other avenues of self-promotion. Obviously try to get it on youtube and soundcloud (not monetized or anything to avoid most issues).

I'd love to hear it when youre done user

really cool OP

wow thank you dude - i'll post it here when i'm done, but it might be a little while (a month or three probably). I've got a lot of work to do and i'm pretty busy with school atm.

Your advice is great and i thank you again.

"30 on my dick"
"bitch suck my dick"

perfect

no prob. and hey do me favor, make sure you include "deep neural network" and "dead rappers" in your ultimate post so its easy to find on the archive if I miss it. I'm sure you will, but on the off chance you wont haha

this'll be a really great thing to put on your resume for projects for goddamn sure

i definitely will -- thank you again user

>soundcloud.com/user-858260650-791809969/sets/imagining-the-flames
Pretty interesting, dude. Get a better voice for sure.

i kind of think that the robot voice adds to it.

it shows that i'm not *trying* to get my neural network to imitate a human rapper, but rather produce it's own interpretation of rap. Maybe I'm just full of myself and it's not artsy at all and it's just painful to listen to, but idk. i might get a better voice in future projects...

>I'm not artsy at all and it's just painful to listen to
If you get a better voice it won't be.

This honestly might be the most interesting and original idea i've ever seen on mu

if you can tune the voice to make it a little bit more understandable you can pretty much leave it alone if thats your vision. Certainly getting something very similar to an actual human voice (let alone similar to each respective dead rapper youll be doing this with) would take a significant amount of time and work that I don't think a single high school student would be able to accomplish (nothing against you, btw, just thinking generally it probably wont happen).

so if you can get a computer/robotic voice thats more understandable and you specifically dont want it to emulate an actual human voice, then thats not only loyal to your artistic vision, its also easier and more achievable.

I had to read the lyrics for the lil b stuff to actually make sure I heard everything correctly - you wanna avoid that in the future

ily thank you
yeah i'll try and get a slightly better voice, but not a total human voice. thank you

Really interesting concept, will for sure check it out later when I have more time

any ideas on how i could get more attention to this? anywhere else i could post it?

you already posted it on g

maybe try tweeting anthony fantano and lil b