Chart rate and rec thread

Chart rate and rec thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/juma_sultans_aboriginal_music_society/whispers_from_the_archive/
rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
last.fm/user/obiwankoekepan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba

Essendon Airport - Palimpsest

You might like One Bedroom - The Sea and Cake

whoops i forgot to hog my blog post with my OBNOXIOUS TRIP PERSONALITY

:)

>two chart threads
alright

anything like The Microphones?

Handsomeboy Technique - Adelie Land

Type O Negative - Slow Deep and Hard

Butthole Surfers - Psychic Powerless... Another Man's Sac

Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance

Diamond Terrifier - Kill the Self that Wants to Kill Yourself
Body Sculptures - A Body Turns to Eden

Guilty Simpson - Ode to the Ghetto
Bilal - 1st Born Second

guessing personalities

Wears a LOT of black

has a hard time concentrating

leads a nutty life

doesn't talk to many people

department of eagles - in ear park
metal urbain
eyeless in gaza
siglo xx
minny pops
asmus tietchens
ian dury - do it

(op) true

4/4

besombes rizet - pole

Anyone have some dark melancholic noise rock stuff? All other recs are still welcome.

Jorge Ben- A Tabua de Esmeralda
Blockhead- Music By Cavelight
Onra- Chinoiseries
Home- Oddessy
Cunninlynguists- Will Rap For Food

>Home- Oddessy
randy is a fucking cuck, don't buy his music

Still feeling like kind of a newfag, and really looking for some recs

>openly admits to viraling his music on Cred Forums
>tags his albums as vaporwave on bandcamp and soundcloud, yet gets pissy when HOME is referred to as vaporwave
o i am laffin

I feel like you would enjoy the gories user, they remind me of the stooges/iggy pop and if you havent listened to them check out your pretty face is going to hell or shake appeal by iggy pop and you make it move by the gories. Although, this may be a complete misjudgment of character on my part and you may not enjoy either of these artists. also great fucking chart dude. a lot of it is really good shit, kudos for johnny cash.

Hey whats the album second bottom row far left?

trips gget outt

Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Quintet - Flutter

I'm guessing you mean this one, if not tell me.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/juma_sultans_aboriginal_music_society/whispers_from_the_archive/

electric hippies - play fast or die
feedtime - s/t

I used to listen to real estate all the time now I don't at all and I'm not too sure why
trespassers william - different stars
courtney barnett - sometimes i sit and think...
smog - red apple falls
the head and the heart - s/t

such a rude mouth for such a nice chart user

besides slint and have a nice life?

gett outttt pls

and listen to Pity Sex - White Hot Moon while you are at it

Lol funnily enough my mom absolutely loves Courtney Barnett, so I hear her plenty haha. But thanks for the recs man!
And thanks for all the kind words, I really do appreciate it man, and I did dig the gories, but I've never been a huge fan of iggy pop. Maybe I'll give him another shot

well your mum has great taste tell her to hit me up

man everyone has better taste than me here
u probably already heard it but if u havent try
boris - flood

I can't contribute anything except for this.

do it urself ya lazy cunt

i do listen to boris but thanks anyway. don't put yourseld down my dude. here's some recs for you:
wild ivy - wild ivy league
ulver - bergtatt
porcupine tree - in absentia
midori - hello everyone i am midori...

ive gone too far

I just want to let you know I appreciate the colour sort because clearly it took you a while

i still dont think it looks good

It's a mess just like me. :c

recc me

get a new font, then try again, literally cant read anything

I don't know which thread we're using so I'll just post in both.
Assault me, Cred Forums.

It's a mess just like me.

I'm too new to rate. Please let me know if I'm missing something imperative to my life.

Check out some Beach Fossils - Clash the Truth, Real Estate - Days, Joyce Manor - Self Titled, TWIABP - Harmlessness, and lastly, Tricot - AND

Also good job taking my advice, best of luck to you ;)

Oh and of course American Football, but I always rec that if I see any pop-punk groups in someone's list because I think they capture the vibe of the genre perfectly

++Advaitic Songs
+Candlemass, Monolord

+ Bridge Over Troubled Water, Salad Days, Thelonious Monk, Houdini, Endtroducing
good list, would smoke pot with and discuss music

+ In Raindbows, recently rediscovered the album,

>dat climax in All I Need

+Amnesiac, OK Computer, Exmil, Typo 0 Negative

+ BB 0, Ty Segall,

Try the band Fuzz

+ Sabbath, Dopesmoker, NLDW, Dopethrone my boi

+Crack the Skye, Kid A, Sunbather, Leviathan, Naked City, QOTSA, Swans, Converge, Moonlover, Dillinger Escape fucking Plan, Exmil, FMTS, Nails, Blood Mountain, Moving Pictures, Catch-33, Neurosis, Waits, Amnesiac

I demand your last fm or your dick right fucking now

Also, check out Steak Number Eight and Raketkanon immediately
rate deez 12 months bois

is this a rearanged Cred Forumscore chart?

Holy shit, nice taste friendo. I don't have a last.fm sadly. Only RYM. I can see about sharing this dick though.

gimme dat rym anyway then famalam

W E W
E
W
Haven't heard that before.
You'd be surprised how many essentials I tend to find mediocre/average.
rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns

Here's dis lastfm boi

last.fm/user/obiwankoekepan

Thank you!

embarrassing
you're still a Cred Forumsdrone after listening to 2000 albums?
do you have a working critical thinking faculty?

I love Devin Townsend too. I'm going to get to see him and BTBAM live on my birthday. So hyped.

Devin Townsend has been one of my all0time fav artists.
Such a shame his recent string of albums sounded so same-y and muh choir.
Ocean Machine up until Epicloud was just 10/10 desu familio

Seen him about three times, the only setting I still would want to see him an an eyeblink is him doing one of those acoustic shows in a UK chapel or some shit, I'd go see that in a heartbeat, idc if I have to book a flightticket

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Just because my chart isn't filled with bandcamp lo-fi indie projects, obscure 40 year old blues recordings with less than 100 ratings, and NME's newest "underground" flavour of the week doesn't mean I'm contrived. There's a lot of shit that I love/hate that people would condemn me for on here. I also like to prioritise myself to listening to whatever is considered "essential listening;" sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don't.

What he's saying is that your chart is the same fucking chart that people post to newbies to find new music to listen too. It's boring, and has no personality to it. You just have what's Cred Forums approved.

That's cool. Half the stuff on my chart is stuff I loved before even knowing anything about Cred Forums (BTBAM, Mastodon, Weezer, Kanye West, Death Grips, Radiohead, Sunn O))), Tim Hecker, Silversun Pickups, Smashing Pumpkins, Naked City, Deftones, The Contortionist, The Cars, Queens of the Stone Age, Alcest, Gojira, Rush, Fleetwood Mac, Earth, Behemoth, Cattle Decapitation, Meshuggah, Liturgy, The Beatles, Dillinger Escape Plan, Ahab, Protest the Hero, Interpol, Neurosis, Opeth, etc). I know it's SOO hard to believe, but not everyone's taste is melded by this fucking board.

Doesn't change the facts bud, if you post your chart, be prepared to take the piss. Get off the little high horse you're riding while you're at it

bo en - pale machine

>Googoosh
Haven't listened yet, but definitely looking forward

>Cobra and Phases
nice, how's Unholy Soul?

Bola Sete was pretty good, fell asleep to it

I am taking the piss and am always prepared to, but I haven't even received any criticism on any of my select albums. All I'm getting is hollow bullshit accusations of droning. I'm sorry I don't hate 80% of the music you're supposed to like on this backwards ass contrarian board for its blind self-indulgent userbase.

A cliché is a cliché for a reason.
Just like how 'Cred Forums-core albums' are considered Cred Forumscore for a reason, mostly, or traditionally, Cred Forums likes these albums or they discuss it a lot. That doesn't mean that anyone who sincerely likes the albums lacks any sort of ability to discover for themselves or to get out of their comfort zone. The same for people who can't help but see a band like Death Grips as a meme constantly, instead of treating it as actual music and discuss it accordingly.

This.

>says he's taking the piss
>continues to freak like a child because of a particular criticism about his list, insulting the board he posts on collectively

Do you know what taking the piss means?

Pale Machine is one of my most played albums... How in tf did I miss that?

what's the album with the qt asian girl?

boris at last feedbacker

forest qt
Spirit of Eden is better tho
i kek'd at the Amelie soundtrack
neat taste, i wish Grouper released some new stuff, Ruins was fucking phenomenal
You dig Alex G? Trick fits perfectly in your chart
Chris Cohen - Overgrown Path
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
Black Tambourine