What does Cred Forums think of Modest Mouse?

What does Cred Forums think of Modest Mouse?

They're fantastic. Older work was better than newer, but newer is still pretty fuckin good.

I feel like Isaac Brock is my old drunk uncle who has seen some shit. He's always fun to hang out, he's super funny and charismatic. Despite the bad decisions he's made, I see him as a role model of sorts just because of how much wisdom he has. Obviously it's not good to idolize people like this, but fuck, I can't help it. He's too cool.

my favorite music to rape to

Top tier Indie Rock

Ugly Casanova is pretty damn good too.

I like exactly 1 of their songs, Float on.

The rest are meh

>I like the most commercial, entry level mm song in their catalog

holy shit full plebian

The song they literally only made to become more famous. Seriously, I hate that that's the only MM song every normie has heard.

Pretty good

Its a fucking good song dudes, whats the problem?

For me it's mostly the fact you described the rest of their songs as "meh"

Wtf do you even listen to that you like their most generic song?

My favourite album is Fragile by Yes, another band where i only enjoy one of their songs or albums.

the early to middle stuff has some of the most clever fun poetic songwriting ever written. i'm not exaggerating or shitposting. the music was fantastic too. then they got rich with float on and haven't been the same. which is fine. they deserve wealth.

isaac is a mystick masquerading as a fat dumb drunk

>my brains the burger and my hearts the coal

>Working on livin
>I'm working on leaving
>I'm working on leaving the living
>I loved you more than everything
>Loved it more than anything
>Loved everything more than anything

How can you like Fragile but not Close To The Edge or The Yes Album?

he's clearly got shit taste there's no need to argue with these people user

Pavement and Built To Spill are light years better than them.

i dunno man, i just don't

i think theyre pretty good
can't decide if i like lonesome crowded west or the moon and antarctica though

You wouldn't be saying this if those bands had made it big the way Modest Mouse did and you know it

>has opinions about writing
>can't spell mystic

And I don't know why you post with confidence on a music board with such a limited knowledge of even the most basic popular music.

Yet here we are.

Modest mouse probably made it bigger than built to spill ever did

Ya that's what he's saying. You're just being contrarian against MMs fame

>limited knowledge
It's not that i don't know about the music, it's just that i don't like it, and i also cant quantify why i don't like it.

it's easier to say why we don't like things than why we do. if you can't do the simplest of tasks of critique/review why are you even here trying to participate?

>it's just that i don't like it, and i also cant quantify why i don't like it
An inability to articulate analytic thought is a sign of limited knowledge about a subject matter.

Which has nothing to do with enjoying or not enjoying music, and has everything to do with posting about finding value only in a band's most accessible song and in the same breath dismissing the rest of their work.

In this situation, it's best not to say anything at all.

No, I'm saying that because crooked rain, crooked rain and perfect from now on are better than anything modest mouse has ever put out.

>Caring this much about someones opinions on music

I just don't like it you Autists, Christ.

Pavements are pretty average desu

I care only because you posted. If you hadn't posted, there would've been nothing to care about.

What I'm saying is, for future reference, don't post if you have nothing of value to contribute. Simple.

>Things just are
>Nothing needs a reason, it all just is, just accept it come on
>Stop drawing my attention to my limited awareness... just stop being autistic!

It's a matter of you having no respect for yourself or for others on this board

You ruined a perfectly good thread on Modest Mouse. Thanks a lot asshole.

my god i fucking hate you

no problem, friend

damn I've never heard of Ugly Cassanova didn't know Brock was in another band, gonna have to listen to their album

Early MM is superb. Long Drive is my favorite.

The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon and Antarctica and Good News For People Who Love Bad News are great albums. Everything else is pretty mediocre for me.

Overall a great, genre defying band. It's fanbase is kind of annoying though. Lot of 2deep4m3 types.

>Lot of 2deep4m3 types.
Or maybe you're just pretentious.

Bad b8 m8

u took the bait you redditor go back to
> reddit.com
got off my mu

i really love the first two albums and don't really care for the rest

Second this.