Do album covers make anyone else feel autistic?

Do album covers make anyone else feel autistic?

I don't get this shit, it's literally a picture of a crab. What gives you the desire to make this the album cover for your pop punk album?

There's absolutely no relation. Do musicians think they're too cool for albums that look nice, are interesting or convey something? What gives

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8
youtube.com/watch?v=noZZMtP6LQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hands up he's obviously ready to party

try to think of an original album cover right now

if you can't, then you should understand why they went "fuck it, let's use the party crab"

This isn't pop punk lmao

Is it just me or has this year been horrible for album covers?

>pop punk

i kinda like that cover tho

Awful, yeah

I don't know if people explicitly go out of their way to make their album covers look ugly or if they just don't care that much but there really is no way to construe a lot of pitchfork-core album covers as looking appealing

Exhibit A: Literally just the name of the album, no subjective signalization choices. It looks like they just wanted to make it as ugly as possible

I don't know if I'm supposed to be missing something but musicians just seem to think they're too cool for things that look appealing

Every cover from that label is shit so

the crab is raving

I dunno I only started listening to prodigy after their terrible singles

I just know it as nostalgic crab album

Hee hee party crab
He's partying out of the ocean to get to the fat of the land haha

give me a genre and the name of the album

well yeah its my photo cover of the year 2015

this is my illustrated cover of the year 2015

I mean there have been ok covers but nothing this year seems like a good contender for COTY 2016

I'm just posting random examples

I know music is about feelings but I don't know what this is supposed to convey. Niggas not even blond, his hair is green

Another one. Looks like a graphic design student had writers block and was dicking around in illustrator during a lecture, looks like tacky bullshit and nothing like the music

The band's actually good too

>I don't know if I'm supposed to be missing something
I think its possible this is referencing christianity's connection with saturn worship. Afterall the album is called cardinal

how the fuck do you know that that crab has no relation for all you know thats the bands spirit animal you fucking goof

>pop punk

I like this cover

>spirit animal
tumblr pls

>the bands spirit animal
lol

I just thought of one that I guess would be my cotysf 2016

> Do album covers make anyone else feel autistic?

What?

>What is art
>What is aesthetic
>Why have interesting weird images that convey a vibe instead of just a picture of the band smiling nicely and saying "listen to our cool record please"

You are right in that you sound a little autistic. Musicians want a cover that a) they personally like the look of b) is distinctive and easily recognizable c) conveys a feeling that they feel somehow relates to the album or at least will sell it

>Niggas not even blond, his hair is green
thats why he's sad

this crab is dead now.

>Musicians want a cover that a) they personally like the look of b) is distinctive and easily recognizable c) conveys a feeling that they feel somehow relates to the album or at least will sell it
And what, a picture of a crab fits the bill there?

What is frank ocean trying to convey with a picture of himself in the shower with green hair?

>that jpg artifacting
make it a little better desu

see

damn...

its hard to put it into words but i love this cover and feel like it fits the sound of the album very well.

Well okay lets take those 2 examples and go through it then

>a) they personally like the look of it
Well yeah, presumably. Personally I think the Frank Ocean one is an interesting picture I think it looks kinda cool. The crab idk I got nothing against crabs, I don't like this one as much but yknow whatver it's cool.

>b) is distinctive and easily recognizable
I'd say this is the case for both album covers. With the crab one I'd say this is the main motivation as it's a strange thing to have on a cover for such a band, so yeah maybe it was a bit of a case of deliberately having something that kinda didn't fit to make it grab your attention a bit more?

>c) conveys a feeling they feel somehow related to the album or at least will sell it
I'd say this is very obviously the case for Frank Ocean, after all it's just a picture of himself having what looks like a personal/emotional moment but also is slightly mysterious i.e the face being covered. The fact that he is shirtless/potentially in the shower makes it seem intimate like you are in his personal world, the bandage on his finger conveys vulnerability/that he is a human, not hiding his scars or whatever that kind of shit. The green hair is presumably to show that he is also alternative and a bit different. Overall I think it relates to the album alot

The Prodigy one is obviously a bit more random, I think with this one it was more a case of picking something that was deliberately a little bit unexpected. However the blurry effect I'd say acts a little bit of "action", implying there's going to be something somewhat intense inside, and I'd maybe the crab raising it's claws is meant to be invoking the inherent violence of nature or something. Btw this is not a pop punk album as you said, I'm not 100% sure how to describe their genre it's kinda like aggressive late 90s UK EDM with rapping and shit

An album cover is meant to grab your attention at a music store. If you see it and stop even for a second to look at it and wonder what's going on there, it's doing its job.

Doesn't really apply now though, since music stores don't exist.

the simple answer is that people think they're deeper and more artistic than they actually are.

crabcore interlude

youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8

he might not be. i hear that crabs live a long time

good point although I think only hermit crabs which seem to actually be lobsters which also live a very long time

also horseshoe crabs which again don't seem to be true crabs

Cheers user, that was a very accurate analysis in the perception of aesthetics

what about those freaky spider crabs how long do they live, crab man?

LSD is a helluva drug.

oh good call, about a century

eating shellfish seems particularly immoral now

What did they mean by these?

it looks like one of those blur memes you see on instagram of mr krabs honestly

>pop punk

>pop punk

That's actually pretty funny

hardcore punk - fuck trump

>Not understanding Abstract Art

it's just complex and abstract, like the music

by The CTR Shills

1 good song on that album. hated it.

How many times have you heard it? I hated it at first too but I like it more every time. Still biggest disappointment of the year though.

>It's literally a picture of a crab

ma nigga

yeah i agree. a lot of people really like wildflowers album but i honestly think it looks really ugly. looks like it was done in paint in 5 minutes.

That crab looks like it's ready to rip shit up. If I didn't already know The Prodigy and I saw that on a shelf somewhere, I'd be thinking, "damn, what's making this crab wanna rip shit up like this?" Then I'd buy the album and listen to it and suddenly I wanna fucking rip shit up, and I'll know then that no other being on Earth has felt this particular desire to rip shit up, no one except this crab. And then I'll understand.

Honestly this crab could probably level cities because of The Prodigy. He looks powerful.

>pop punk

this is the only good album cover thats been released this year. blackstar is alright.

about to start it again actually

I thought it was gonna knock of Cross Record for laotysf but I think they're safe. Next match up is Street Sects vs Carrie Rodriguez

I don't like it either. Pretty hideous really.

I don't know what's up with the drought we're having but it's happened before. Someone pointed out 2003 and I think they were spot on.

not only 2003, but it was from 2003 to 2005. barely any good covers from those 3 years. only ones that came close was madvilliany and demon days

>pop punk

yeah looking back I think you nailed it with those years as well. I initially disagreed with 2004 because I liked MF Doom and Deathspell Omega but that shouldn't change the fact and I don't think I looked at 2005 till now.

>The band's actually good too

Kek, underrated

This is a good looking cover

with the rest of the memers

>looks...nothing like the music
dude what

>literally OP
youtube.com/watch?v=noZZMtP6LQM

based

this reminds me of that hippie who lived on john lennon's lawn for couple of days cuz he was a freak fan and thought some of lennon's lyrics spoke directly to his soul and there was some kind of destiny- like connection between them.
John finally let him in the house and said he just writes universally relatable lyrics about love and shit, and hippie looked so devastatingly dissapointed. Then he gave him a soup to comfort him.
fuckin' hippies.

I saw a similar video (maybe the same one in fact) where a hippy who was outside his house was gushing about the same stuff.
So he is busy praising Lennon and to paraphrase it goes like this

>when you sang boy you gonna carry that weight a long time it really hit me intensely
>that was one of Paul's

gave me a good laff

>aggressive late 90s UK EDM with rapping and shit

Americans are genuinely musically illiterate

There is like 1 song with legitimate rapping. Wtf are you going on about.
Seem like someone who reads too far into shit or you are good at baiting. Either way you're on the spectrum

/thread

I fucking love the theme no this ablum cover and the track covers.
Shame it shares a semblance with that Blink 182 atrocity.

>Have we started the fire?

we didn't start the fire, user

>since the world's been turning
I beg to differ Billy

come on, the cover was the best thing about California

The style of the photography at least keenly suggests to me that the album came out close to the year 2000.

I really like this cover

>it objectectly subject unian

Wut.

That cover fucking sucks

You want a good cover that sounds like the music? Here

Damn...

i like it, but it bugs me that the avalanches arent from the states, theyre australians ffs why did they chose that cover

hum it perfectly
an object or subject
mancunian courts

Crabcore

"Crab Bag"

underrated

i am wholly convinced that either sean or rob have synesthesia
confield and draft are both frames from videos that autechre made.

this. OP are u republican

me too. all parquet courts' covers are really good imo. the singer a. savage makes them all i believe

This crab is dead now.

visual artists make album covers. if you have no interest in or understanding of visual art then of course you wouldn't understand an album cover.

autechre's album art may be "boring" but it's good album art nonetheless, for example

wtf I hate time now?

thats not from this year

top post

> pop punk

fucking WHAT, you can't be this retarded

literally looks like the wallpapers that come with autistic gaming computers

>the prodigy
>pop punk
What

that cover represents the music perfectly

That looks fucking great though