Went to a concert and didn;t wear ear plugs

>went to a concert and didn;t wear ear plugs
>made my tinnitus slightly worse
>doctor says my hearing is damaged and that I should stop going to concerts for the time being
>may take years for hearing to possibly get back to normal, and that's not even guaranteed

How are you tinnitus bros holding up?

I saw Mogwai at a reasonably small indoor venue without earplugs one time. I have not been to show without earplugs since then.

If you have tinnitus or bad hearing, always wear ear plugs. This goes out to anyone who cares. Yo're going to regret it if you don't

I have been to several really loud concert and also been playing in loud bands for years. The only thing I notice is that sometimes when its super quiet I hear a tiny ringing. Why is that? Cause I wear earplugs ya dips.

Just always wear earplugs at concerts, its not worth getting tinnitus.

>tfw used to have tinnitus but it got better
Life of being a guitar player

Also, never listen to those fags who call you a pussy for using ear plugs. You can laugh at them when they're contemplating suicide when their ears are busted and battered.

I go to a lot of gigs and also play music quite often, honestly, my secret is tissue paper. Rip off a little bit, roll it a ball and stuff it in your ears. Doesn't muffle the sound/cut out the highs as badly as those foam earplugs, in fact I find for whatever reason the consistency of it is actually perfect and makes a lot of really loud/piercing gigs sound way better - but it takes it down enough that you wont get hearing damage.
I do have slight tinnitus from going to shows with nothing in my ears especially when I was younger, however honestly though yes you should absolutely protect your ears, one or two shows shouldn't fuck your shit up permanently, and even if you do have slight tinnitus you can't even notice it unless you are in complete silence or really focus to try and hear it, and even then personally I don't find it to be that distressing.

didn't you post this because you went to see death grips yesterday at the warfield?

dude that concert wasn't that loud
i had earplugs on me and put them on but realized it wasn't even needed

No, but seeing that thread made me want to post this one.

Loudness is subjective.
People with hearing loss perceive sounds louder than normal hearing people.

>People with hearing loss perceive sounds louder than normal hearing people

??????

It's called loudness recruitment
>Recruitment causes your perception of sound to be exaggerated. Even though there is only a small increase in the noise levels, sound may seem much louder and it can distort and cause discomfort. Someone with recruitment can have problems only with specific sounds and frequencies or may have problems with all sound in general. The theory of recruitment is that as the hair cells in your cochlea become ineffective, they "recruit" their (still working) neighbor hair cells to "hear" the frequency the damaged hair cell was supposed to hear, in addition to the frequency the still working hair cell was supposed to hear. This increases the signal from the still working hair cells. The sounds reaching our brains appear to be much louder that normal. This is because the recruited hair cells still function in their original critical bands and also in the adjacent one(s) they have been recruited into. The net effect is that people who have recruitment along with their hearing loss will experience an increasingly narrow range between the softest sound they can hear (caused by the hearing loss) and the loudest sound they can comfortably tolerate (caused by the recruitment).

Hearing loss comes will many more problems than just a lower volume, it completely fucks your shit up senpai.
There is a cliche in comedy films where the old man yells "What?" in response to something someone said, which is then repeated at a louder level, where the old man replies "All right, there is no need to yell!"
It's not just a meme, that's literally the fate of people with hearing loss

someone should start a group lawsuit against apple or something, for allowing a generation of young people to fuck their hearing with a dangerously loud product.

>get back to normal

boy do I have news for you

>going to the doctor because he went to a loud concert

These threads are always made up of the most fucking paranoid retards on Cred Forums. Wearing ear plugs is great and all but just because you've had a slight ringing in your ears for a week doesn't mean your garbage life is over

I'm planning to die before anything catches upto me so whatever. If I become seriously ill I'll just off myself.

> thinking that 80dB is dangerously bad

>he doesn't know that we're at most 10 years away from hair cell regeneration
kek
just fuck your hearing up senpai if you're not poor you won't have to worry in the future

Knowing that their might be a treatment in the near future puts me at ease, even if I have to delude myself

I wore earplugs for an entire Mogwai show, took them out at the end when it was just feedback from My Father My King and my ears still rang afterwards

Tinnitus is a meme.

You might have it for 1-2 days after a concert but you'll be fine afterwards. Unless you're going to a show more than once a week or you're seeing a metal band or MBV or something, you really don't need ear plugs.

>thinking that I'd buy anything apple related

>tinnitus is a meme
>"it goes away bruh!!!!!!"
hasn't gone away and it's been 10 years user...

>studying to be a otorhinolaryngologist
>have been doing lots of hearing testing at school lately
>have been going to noise shows, electro-acoustic music, improvised music shows etc. for years without ear plugs
>have been playing myself for years without ear plugs
>definitely expect some mechanical hearing loss
>mfw perfect hearing

>my ears sometimes rings when it's really quiet
>It's been 10 years but I'm still too autistic to get ignore it

>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

memes get old and vanish while this is like a fucking curse

It's God punishing you all for musical idolatry.

>god
just look at your shitty ass life and say it´s planned according to a higher plan. god doesnt fucking exist or give any shits about your or anyone else´s existence. If a baby can shoot its mother with a glock in the age of 6 months it will not coz god planned that but coz what happens just happens and you´re alive since you can be and nothing has gone dramatically wrong.
That´s why species go extinct god doesnt give a fuck if everyone stop having sex and get eaten by predators the predator becomes the new main race and no god is gonna be like lol sorry for ur bloodline i kinda fucked this one up my bad XDDD

you have no idea what you´re talking about

>Satan's followers try to argue their way out of eternal damnation
It's not gonna fly on Judgement Day bruv.

just fine. doesn't bother me at all

End times scoffers gonna scoff! Enjoy your time in Hell!

Do doctors have a way to know if someone has tinnitus?

I started wearing earplugs at all shows concerts in my early 20's after reading interviews by old rock stars talking about their hearing loss. I worked as a sound tech for years and many concerts and clubs are unnecessarily loud, to the point that the sound quality actually suffers, it's just stupid "so loud" touch guy bullshit. If i didn't have ear plugs just just roll up toilet paper and stick it in my ears.

I'm glad I did this cause 35 now and no major hearing issues. Just seems like common sense.

>went to a concert and didn;t wear ear plugs

And you already had tinnitus. I'm sorry but you're in no place to complain. Protect your fucking ears goddamnit. Be like All these tards trying to convene the lie that tinnitus is non-permanent and you don't need earplugs at 80+ dB, have fun not hearing a thing after your 40th. Hair cell replacement is gonna cost fortunes for at least decades after it's been accomplished, which could also be decades away.