What's your opinion on The Bee Gees?

What's your opinion on The Bee Gees?

youtube.com/watch?v=fcI9Ee5KKdw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTQiT58AbE0
youtube.com/watch?v=8pUa91AaXGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Odessa was their best album

Jive Talkin' And Night Fever are bangers, real nice funky boogie vibes. Love Jive Talkin' especially - fuckin funky as shit bass throughout pairs super nicely with the strummed guitar, I love the sound of really soft almost whispered vocals especially when the creamy harmonies come in in the chorus, and that 7/4 synth hook that kicks in rocks my shit every time.

You're right about that.

I'm disappointed they let the anti-disco people get to their head, they released a boring adult contemporary album instead of making repackaged disco music like they should have.

They're good but I have to admit, my childhood perception of them was ruined a bit when I learned they weren't black female singers, but rather falsetto white men in tight cock-revealing suits.

I also thought that song was made by black women, kek

side note, I hear the Bee Gees had enormous dicks. Robin especially was packing heat.

Really good. Disco period is of course best. Ballads are great too.

is ballads their 71-74 output?

Is "disco" an arbitrary term to an extent? There are a lot of songs from after 1979 that sound like disco but they wouldn't be labeled as disco most of the time

get raped you white guilt bitch. stare deeply into their cock indentations.

not him but I would happily stare at their cock indentations

My nigga, I love you right now
melody fair, black diamond, Odessa is the shit

Perfect pop songwriting

youtube.com/watch?v=pTQiT58AbE0

But I like the disco ballads too. How Deep Is Your Love, Too Much Heaven, Emotion etc.

More than a Woman, How Deep is Your Love, Too Much Heaven are great! I'm not sure if they really count as disco though, aside from the first one.

I fucking hate them.

>Barry Gibb, the oldest of the Gibb brothers, is the only one alive
youtube.com/watch?v=8pUa91AaXGg

stop reminding me ;_;

They were never really about disco in the first place. MOR mush was always their real game.

Spirits Having Flown [RSO, 1979]

I admire the perverse riskiness of this music, which abandons disco bounce in favor of demented falsetto abstractions--less love man than newborn kitten. And I also admit that I'm genuinely found of the many small moments of madness such as how three multitracked voices echo the phrase "Living together". But obsessive ornamentation can't transform a curiosity into inhabitable music, and there's not one song on here that equals any on the first side of "Saturday Night Fever". C+

You don't need anything after Main Corse. Disco sucked then and will always suck! Give me Massachusetts Holiday or New York Mining Disaster and Lonely Days/Nights over bullshit like Jive Talkin' Nights on Broadway or the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack any day. That shit can't even compare to the genius that was Odessa!

My mom liked HCYMABH back in the day, but she doesn't like any of the disco era stuff.

You Should Be Dancin' wasn't originally supposed to be in SNF, as it had been released on Main Course a year and a half earlier, but John Travolta practiced his dance moves to the song and so he insisted they include it in the movie.

It is. Disco didn't really die in 1980, it just turned into new music styles. Plenty of 80s dance music still sounds very disco-like.

Best Australian group