loveless

loveless

Souvlaki

loveless because i'm not retarded

Neither, because I have good taste

souvlaki because loveless is secretly pretty boring

Loveless because Souvlaki is literally worse than Hitler

What do you mean "secretly"

Also you're wrong it's absolutely amazing.

they are both really good and some of my favourites, but Loveless is an aesthetic masterpiece

i mean everybody says it's amazing and then halfway through you wish you were listening to something else instead

neither of them god fucking dammit.

loveless is noise pop while souvlaki is fucking dream pop, i can't choose which one is better if they aren't from the same fucking genre.

Obviously Loveless

>splitting hairs
They're both classics of the shoegaze genre.

Weird I feel this way about Souvlaki

I still enjoy it but listening to it all the way thru is a chore

and this is what i meant man.

they are both classics along with nowhere so there's no need to fucking choose which is better.

Souvlaki.

Loveless doesn't do anything for me, I prefer Isn't Anything.

Loveless and it's not even close

Pygmalion

>Isn't Anything
My nigga

>not preferring ecstasy and wine

loveless

The one that doesn't sound like it was made vacuum cleaner

both records are tremendously boring

fact: souvlaki > loveless

Never could get into Souvlaki, but Loveless is amazing.

how often does this question get reposted

Only correct answer

inb4: lmao that is just fucking britpop shit

yeah if that's why is bad enjoy being a pleb

I still remember the first time I listened to Loveless. It only took a few seconds of Only Shallow's screaming guitar followed by the whispery vocals and I knew it was going to be one of my favorite albums.

>enjoying britpop
You are the pleb, my friend.

This question is easy to me because Loveless is harsh shoegaze and Souvlaki is far more dream-poppier, like Beach House, it sounds almost like 80s synthpop at times. The better comparison would be Souvlaki and Depression Cherry. Obviously mBV is the better album.

I love both, but Souvlaki, no question.

Better songwriting and more range. It's not a coincidence that Slowdive's next album was bordering on Talk Talk-style post-rock whereas MBV came back 20 years later with essentially the same album.

One is a 10/10 and another one is an 8/10 so you tell me

Song for song, Loveless is the better album.

Souvlaki Space Station is a better track than every other track by either band. By quite a gap.

funny, because this is the opposite of what any other person every thinks when listening to any other shoegaze album.

>Souvlaki Space Station is a better track than every other track by either band. By quite a gap.
This

Souvlaki, Loveless is a great album though, it's just not as appealing to me as Souvlaki is.

>not posting their masterpiece

Kek it was Richey Edwards who said that in a interview iirc

I don't even like Loveless.
Souvlaki has some good songs. I don't care for the last few tracks tho.

>essentially the same album
Its plebs like you who don't get the nuances in mbv that say it was a weak comeback album.

Finally someone who understands. There is a clear stylistic progression between Loveless and mbv.

Souvlaki has a couple really fucking good songs but is pretty disappointing outside of them in my honest opinion

Loveless is more consistent but doesn't have as many highlights probably

Pretty based desu, that it still shows up on google search.

>Man, how can I tell people I like shoegaze but not look like I'm only in it for Loveless.
>Oh, I know, I'll be a contrarian!!

I can't get into Slowdive, just sounds boring to me, whereas Loveless had me from practically the first minute.

Don't like Beach House either - their popularity kinda perplexes me. Maybe the genre's just not for me.

ooooohhh yaaasss

leave

ooooooh yaaaaaaasss

leave

I wanna say Souvlaki because it's the one I'm more likely to want to listen to, but they're both great imo

youtube.com/watch?v=J7JcLNXorRA

I don't think it's weak at all, it's amongst my favourite albums of the decade, but the Souvlaki>Pygmalion transition is so much more drastic it's not even comparable.

superior to both

>the first non MBV/Slowdive/Ride album I lisetned to is the best xD