/grimes/

Discuss about the most entertaining artist, Claire Boucher. Don't forget: be nice to Grimes!

dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicbeats.net/the-visions-the-voice-an-interview-with-grimes/
youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
idolator.com/7645260/lady-gaga-joanne-carly-rae-jepsen-beyonce-taylor
youtube.com/watch?v=x2AXhYKEpcI
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67678837#p67691629
Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I
rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-on-art-angels-follow-up-why-she-loves-tool-20160412
youtube.com/watch?v=XyDNOudNUcw
youtube.com/watch?v=aIoGNxntYO4&feature=youtu.be
causes.com/causes/378231-support-the-non-profit-les-kapital-industrea-lki/about
dazeddigital.com/music/article/19961/1/grimes-ready-to-fly
youtube.com/watch?v=kk6lCWEbK0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=36kLhQyjrLg
youtube.com/watch?v=MEa52L2qGvE
mtv.com/videos/misc/789347/genesis-live.jhtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anyone else burned out on her? used to be a dedicated grimes fan now i can take her or leave her 2bh

>> 68071275 #

After the Suicude Squad soundtrack, gladly

Focus too much attention on any one thing for a long time and you WILL burn out on it desu.

pretentious and untalented. bad combo.

Y r u describing yourself, user?

i'm claire though.

Grimes is not for sexual.

SAVAGE

>devon in the back

Ive never seen her so happy
james probably dosnt come close to sastifying her sexual energy

she's fully clothed and just standing there!

Grimes is shit

CFNM

What a mean thing to say.

what a strange fetish

What particular trauma was ‘Be A Body’ about?

That’s one of the only happy songs on the album. It’s about physical existence, and sex, and being alive. I’m really opposed to phones, I’m opposed to checking my email. I just think it’s really unflattering that everyone’s always on their computer. ‘Be A Body’ is about physical, sensual existence and about having physical pain and pleasure. It’s about existence. As pretentious as it is, it’s based on a Thomas Aquinas quote where he was trying to talk about how in Medieval Christian thought everyone was super into ‘fuck my life, my physical body is a horrible thing and a representation of sin’, and there’s a passage where Aquinas said “Be a body” and i just thought it was so sick, so bad-ass that he would just say that, just give that straight-up imperative. He was a hip guy.

So it’s a celebratory song.

Yes, but it’s also an assault. It’s me being aggressive.

Do you think that’s going to be more of a fixture in your music from here on?

I think my music is becoming a lot more aggressive. I’m going more in that direction. This was the second-to-last song I wrote on the album, and it also was one of the only songs on the album that I didn’t write in a single day. I think that’s a good thing, to not just make something and let it go.

electronicbeats.net/the-visions-the-voice-an-interview-with-grimes/

I would feel sorry for her and guilty myself for watching

I think it was just a phase to you. You overestimated how big fan you were.

I'm gonna need some information about her Gambang.

before one of you less informed /grimes/ posters report me:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY

for all the waifufags out there who think grimes is ok with your waifufaggotry

just look at how she treats KST, who's arguably the least harmful waifufag.

grimes is trash

die already

>the least harmful
Really?

wasn't it just about becoming disconnected from technology?

do you have evidence to the contrary?

>KST, who's arguably the least harmful waifufag
kek
i'm pretty sure he is the exact reson why she disabled comments on her instagram

anime james

Who is KST?

same

poor dude he doesn't seem that bad, if u look at his vk it shows he works in a farm or something like that, i'd go a little crazy there too

So you don't like her music anymore?

Why do you post a thread a day about this cunt? There are far more interesting and cute musicians who you could be talking about.
Every fucking day. Just the fuck up.

you don't love me anymore...

then again we don't know the whole story

she might have told him to chill out or even flatly leave her alone and he might have completely disregarded that.

she hasn't blocked actually.claire who to the public perception is just as bad, so there's probably a reason why she blocked kst.

that girl filthy

Why do you post your failed meme on every thread, are you really that pathetic and autistic?

qt

no she isnt

does grimes play video games with james or does he make her sit back and watch

pathetic and autistic sums up Grimes fans after her last album.

>failed meme
>thinking a hierarchy of memes matter
>thinking memes matter

Hey pathetic dumbass, if you don't like this thread, filter it or go fuck yourself.

Hey Grimey, write a tumblr post about it.

we got a semirgetahi right here people

come and see if for yourself in person! see the autistic and rare nonesense monster!

her music is not my taste but dude in this video she looks like a 80's girly peter pan, it's fuckin trippy, dayum she is 10/10 in that video

>whining like a bitch
Grow the fuck up.

Realiti, demo-mix was her last good song.

Vanessa, Realiti, Oblivion, Nightmusic are her only good videos.

Every other video is some retarded furry/anime/fantasy cringe shit.

It is pure cinematic autism/aspergers. Grimes is too gangly and awkward for any of her dance moves to look as cool as she wants them to, they end up looking fucking stupid and weird and laughable.

Sorry you guys have no taste.

Honestly, you should try to get into her music. It's very rewarding.

i still like it i've just kind of lost the ability to give a shit about her work
visions is still a good album i just don't enjoy it as much as i once did

Stop accusing others of having no taste when you actually have no taste.

>Realiti, demo-mix was her last good song.
(You)

>Vanessa, Realiti, Oblivion, Nightmusic are her only good videos.
(You)

>Every other video is some retarded furry/anime/fantasy cringe shit.
Wrong.

>It is pure cinematic autism/aspergers. Grimes is too gangly and awkward for any of her dance moves to look as cool as she wants them to, they end up looking fucking stupid and weird and laughable.
You don't get her appeal. Her awkwardness and weirdness makes her relatable and likeable. Grimes is not like those perfect robotic popstars (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and so on). And speaking of her dance moves: these moves are actually very cool. She did ballet for 11 years.

You like her as she is, or you don't. She is not going to change her style to please you.

So, your attraction to her music is fading. No big surprise here: people are fickle. What is your new music attraction?

i'm listening the live atm, i'm a bit surprised seeing i'm liking her music which is pop music

Watch the whole thing. Her music is much more than plain pop. Watch her KEXP perf. too: youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

This live version of Symphonia IX got me into her music: youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM

getting into ambient a lot lately
think biosphere is my favourite at the moment on the strength of substrata but i like basinski and stars of the lid as well

i was in my fuckign phase with goa/minimal/psytrance and i fucking like her music, i dunno why ahah

...because we clearly DO think she's interesting. Is your brain functionality as bad as your manners?

ok now i'm tired of her music, still love how she looks

Her first 3 albums (Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions) and the EP Darkbloom have a very strong trance/psychedelic vibe. Listen to them loud on your headphones and experience bliss.

I already liked Biosphere & SOTL for years before getting into her music...

yeah i just got it rec'd to me by a friend, pretty good stuff. any chance of a rec?

I'm one of the most ardent pop music avoiders you will probably ever interact with. It surprises music me no end how much I genuinely love her music (especially her more recent works) which imo are pure genius.

this page is so cute

Try Global Communication, Pete Namlook, Echospace, Deathprod, Steve Roach, GAS, FSOL, The Orb.

I kinda wish that i was that person.They seem happy, doing their thing and having their little light hearted twitter on the side.

some retarded stan who unironically thinks that claire is related to masons and satanic shit and posts incoherent annoying bullshit on all her social network accounts

>we have apocalyptic technosphere
haha sounds rather fun desu.

which twitter? :0

Oh Facebook. Sorry.

I want to rape her so hard but im scared of the smell after

that reads like something someone would say, pretending to be somebody shitposting.

Her shit straight doodoo nasty sun

u be trippin mon. now y u dont go find some other ting to do n stop harrasing dem nice ppl.

bump

Food for thought:

>Maybe Katy Perry burning her wig was the beginning of the end of this “weird” phase. Or maybe it was Miley’s Dead Petz debacle. But what’s clear is performative strangeness is on the wane. (Don’t get me wrong, we still have plenty of oddballs doing unconventional stuff — FKA twigs, Melanie Martinez, Young Thug, Grimes — they’re just not at the superstar tier, and they seem to be riding their own waves rather than just offering histrionics.)
idolator.com/7645260/lady-gaga-joanne-carly-rae-jepsen-beyonce-taylor

Grimes isn't being weird just to be weird though.

She's just following her gut. A true artisan. A leader for post-ironic internet boys and girls to follow and covet.

Yeah. Grimes isn't (or pretend to be) weird for the sake of it. This is just the way she is. Any other popstars fail at this game.

i like grimes. she's cool and her music is good. do you guys know if she's releasing any new music soon?

Look at this troll:

No plans for new music too soon. Just a bunch of music videos for some Art Angels songs.

mite b cool, I noticed the album "california" and the video "california" have different instrumentation.

when are they coming out?

these haters are so pic related it feels like it was created specifically for them.

>when are they coming out?
They were supposed to be out this month.

And speaking of her music, she has tons of unreleased music. Hopefully she will release at least an Art Angels deluxe edition with extra tracks.

grimes must be so irritated right now because of the debate, she's rting a lot of things

cute

damn shes so sexy, u think she does anal?

no, she is pure

Don't think the article writer was calling that into question (hence the "riding their own waves" bit.) What I'm curious about is - with this apparent shift of the "pop superstars" away from unconventionality - where will that leave the characters like Grimes whose traversing of those realms is actually genuine? Could be that there will be more fertile hunting grounds moving forward (eg. if Lady Gaga really does go "normal" where are all of her Little Monsters gonna go to get their fix for weirdness?

Don't think the article writer was calling that into question (hence the "riding their own waves" bit.) What I'm curious about is - with this apparent shift of the "pop superstars" away from unconventionality - where will that leave the characters like Grimes whose traversing of those realms is actually genuine? Could it be that there will be more fertile hunting grounds for them in terms of fans and success going forward? (eg. if Lady Gaga really does go "normal" where are all of her Little Monsters gonna go to get their fix for weirdness?

That Poppy

I wanna do good things to Claire and make her happy.

Bump

respectful things I hope.

what's your favorite grimes.

this one
youtube.com/watch?v=x2AXhYKEpcI

>worst grimes
hmm....

u mean best grimes haaa

it was a highly problematic time.

yes it was, not that i want her to have problems or something like that
it's just that she seems more genuine there, not being famous makes her don't care much about what she says or how she looks like

Yep. This is a sign to jump off the grimes bandwagon and then pretend you never liked her anyway cause you were always with the cool crowd.

You really think she isn't aware of and is deliberately weird and 'grimes' like? Bruh, she is her own brand. She is marketing herself. She is selling it and you're buying it without question. Both her and you are sellouts for that reason.

At the time this was recorded she had release Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, got past her phase of breaking into tears and running off stage in the middle of her set and was preparing to go on tour with Doldrums. The infamous tour that undoubtedly set her trajectory in stone for a multitude of reasons.

She was hardly a rosy cheeked newbie at this point, disregarding her literal rosy cheeks.

Worst grimes songs are belly of the beat and easily. Those songs are so bad that it makes me forgive the crap that was geidi primes.

stupid numale hipster

yes but she was still unknown, 'unknown' is relative but i think u get my point

Grimes!

>Just the fuck up.

just

>if Lady Gaga really does go "normal" where are all of her Little Monsters gonna go to get their fix for weirdness?
I searched on their forums GagaDaily and it seems many of them love Grimes.

easily isn't a bad song

can she vote? she is not even amerigan

>ywn irritate grimes into retweeting a bunch of shit

Bruh, you can't support your claims with actual arguments. Grimes is on the music scene for over 6 years and she was under close scrutiny since at least 2012. Who could pretend to be weird for such a long time? You're dealing with this kind of person: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67678837#p67691629

>you're buying it
I am pirating tbbqh
argh

Oh literal Jim!

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

Grimes should change her name to Grease.

None of that is true, except the adhd part. Stop projecting, bruh.

idk why I laughed so hard

add:
>Restless legs
>inspiring music
>can do whatever she wants with her body
>mental illness, if present, is nothing to laugh at or mock

Grimes should keep her name as Grimes, and you need to be nice.

user, just because someone is selling something - that doesn't automatically make the thing itself not genuine. It's called capitalizing on your God-given abilities, and it's something that smart successful people do.

She's awful and I cannot stand that stupid girl that's been piggybacking on her fame.

umm, yes it is. stop lying.

Why does she care so much. She is a Canadian. Her opinions and feelings have no importance. You didn't see me caring if Trudeau or Harper won. Now shut the fuck up.

Not to mention she's a total and absolute weeb

she said in an interview she has to make herself more normal and palatable to people so it's rather the opposite

>tour with Doldrums. The infamous tour that undoubtedly set her trajectory in stone for a multitude of reasons.

what reasons? Is that when she got kicked out of uni and decided to go for it 100% or was that before?

everyones a sellout, everyone

But she lives in the USA. Who will become president will affect not only her life but the whole world. So, you should shut up pronto.

And that is supposed to be a bad thing?

Btw - because I've seen the question raised multiple times over the past months and no one seems to be up to doing their own research on the matter - here's the totally unfiltered Grimes opinion on old-school Lady Gaga (which is to say circa May 2012):
>Grimes understands the Lady Gaga comparisons. “I don’t love Lady Gaga,” she clarifies. “Her image is 80% of what the music is about. In another context it could be very banal pop radio. It doesn’t do anything for me. Then I watch the videos and think, ‘Holy fuck’ – this is such an iconic thing.”

Imo it's worth noting that she has since apparently warmed her opinion on the "loving Gaga" part (someone asked her on twitter pretty recently whether she "loves" Gaga, and her response was pretty strongly in the affirmative.) However the observation regarding LG never really having been about the music is very apt, given what's currently going on on that front (Gaga attempting - very possibly unsuccessfully - to become a music-oriented act.)

Where does she live? I didn't know she lived in the U.S. Regardless:

>Who will become president will affect not only her life but the whole world

You'r really falling for that? The president is not actually as important as most think. The president is very important but they all just play the game of politics, which Trump will be forced to do. Only if they are going to run our civilization off a cliff, which Trump will not do, then it's a problem. He's a puppet for the Republicans: they'll suspend him upon the office, restrain him, and push him where they want to him go, do, and say. Nothing will change.

Yes, they're naive and annoying as hell. Japan is not really like that. I actually lived there and that whole culture kills me. If you stay out of the tourist areas like Shibuya, Roppongi, Shinjuku then you're fine. Kichijōji is a much better area for nightlife. Anyways, weebs are essentially similar to the kids who travel to LA thinking they'll become a model or actor just to find how malicious and fake the place really is.

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

Leave her be, user. She's just as entitled to spewing wacky political opinions on the Internet as you or I, even if those opinions are objectively meaningless (given her current nationalist tendencies.)

Stop the spamming, you greasy unibrow autistic adhd fuck, with disgusting hair. Suck a pen15.

I hear this poor sentiment all the time. When did I say she was not entitled to her opinion? By saying she should shut her mouth I mean I don't want to hear her. She has a right to air her opinions and feelings and I have just as much of a right to criticize those opinions.

hana?

And why you're here then? What is the purpose of your post? Shitposting? Announcing the world you don't like her?

Yes, not to mention her own music, which is bleh, bleh, bleh.

You could ask the opposite of that about this whole thread.

>You could ask the opposite of that about this whole thread

liking grimes is part of my identity.

We are talking about a cool artist and her rad music you stupid numale hipster.

what if you lost your identity

What's your pin number?

then i would have to form a new one.

shimokitazawa

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

>When did I say she was not entitled to her opinion?
"Shutting up" in a spoken conversation is synonymous with not typing in a written one.

>She has a right to air her opinions
So then what's up with the "shutting up" bit?

>I have just as much of a right to criticize those opinions.
Yes, but discouraging her from expressing those opinions in the first place isn't gonna make that any easier for you, now is it?

Personally I don't believe in taking partisan political opinions from non-natives of any country/city/municipality seriously, and imo neither should you.

Good food

disgusting greasy goblin

>"Shutting up" in a spoken conversation is synonymous with not typing in a written one.
No, shutting up is to stop spouting bullshit, not to stop conversation.

>So then what's up with the "shutting up" bit?
^

>Yes, but discouraging her from expressing those opinions in the first place isn't gonna make that any easier for you, now is it?
If you take "shutting up" to mean to stop conversation.

>Personally I don't believe in taking partisan political opinions from non-natives of any country/city/municipality seriously, and imo neither should you.
I guess so

Also, it depends on how you say "shut up," which I suppose is lost through digital communication.

what if you didn't want another

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

>You could ask the opposite of that about this whole thread.
It's not like that. This thread is specifically about the artist Grimes. Discussing about an artist is totally one of the purposes of a music board. Your shitposting is not, it doesn't add anything valuable to this thread.

You broke the rule #6:
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

Cred Forums.org/rules

get a load of the Cred Forums hall monitor over here

you broke the rule of not being a dumb pleb by enjoying grimes you fag

>mental illness, if present, is nothing to laugh at or mock
oh my god you guys are such faggots

>imbecile saying crap
Next!

>bragging about being such a psychopath jerk

>It's not like that. This thread is specifically about the artist Grimes. Discussing about an artist is totally one of the purposes of a music board. Your shitposting is not, it doesn't add anything valuable to this thread.
Not what I was saying. I was responding to this:

>And why you're here then? What is the purpose of your post? Shitposting? Announcing the world you don't like her?

I was saying that you could ask what the point of making a thread like this is. You and I both know these threads are never about the music, so stop bullshitting.

You're bullshitting here pal. No one invited you here to post crap ITT.

>You and I both know these threads are never about the music
Seriously? These threads are about the artist Grimes, and that includes discussion about her music AND her life. Deal with it or get the fuck out of here.

>being a huge fucking faggot whining about cyberbullying
BACK

TO

TUMBLR

>You're bullshitting here pal. No one invited you here to post crap ITT.
edgy

>Seriously? These threads are about the artist Grimes, and that includes discussion about her music AND her life. Deal with it or get the fuck out of here.
They may intend to but they always end up being about her life and her appearance

>grimes fan
kill yourself please

We're talking about basic human decency. If you're on Cred Forums it doesn't mean you have to be a psycho, you psycho.

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

Grimes should change her name to Grease

>They may intend to but they always end up being about her life and her appearance
And what is your problem? Why don't you contribute to music discussion it that annoys you?

is that even english you dumb grimesfan

It's English, dumbass. Learn to read.

I don't really care for her music but I do enjoy some and I would be willing to discuss it critically but every time I have entered a single of one of these threads I find only 15% of thread is actually about the music.

>will never hatefuck the retardation out of her

What is stopping you from initiating a music conversation instead whining about the lack of it?

>Why don't you contribute to music discussion it that annoys you?
sure doesn't fucking seem like it you retarded grimesfag

btfo

Not whining, I'm answering your question.

Favorite Halfaxa song? I love the vocals on Sagrad.

You must be mad, honey.

Hard to choose between Devon, Weregild and My Sister Says the Saddest Things. They're all freaking great.

>My only friend
>This is the end.

You should find yourself some better spam.

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

Grimes should change her name to Grease

Hillary did well: she kept composure as she called Trump out on his lies, which in turn, he defended very poorly. She still appeared a little dull at times though, but imo she's gotten a lot better now and it's evident that she's taken a few cues from Obama, and overall she obliterated Trump.

Trump on the other hand did the usual fearmongering routine and lied so much that one begins to wonder if it will water out as the debates go on.
Fortunately for Hillary it seems as if the establishment media is on her side, and Holter did a good job of putting Trump on the defensive which in turn will help Hillary immensely.
It's good - if you care about the planet - but still a psycological trick often used to pester good people into submission who have otherwise proven themselves to make the right choices and can sometimes give people the illusion that someone is more deserving of scrutiny than they really are i.e. Bernie Sanders for example.

If Trump can become more effective at utilizing Hillaries scandals though and can attain keeping the focus on her, no one can really say which way it might will go and the poles may shift...

In the end, it's the usual dog and pony where no one knows with certainty what they're voting for and where it's easy to get lost in the rhetoric as the players compete for the top position of ”omnipotent” king monkey of the "free" world. Blargh! Interesting nonetheless.. And frightening.

You're just stating opinion though, proving nothing that you say but your own bias.

Be the change that you want to see, user. Create ripples and more will follow.

guys, I got a warning for posting very very very rude and lewd things about grimes here.

am I welcome back here again?

Wrong board, user.

Even the janitors are sickened by her.

youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

her voice is magical in this, almost angelic.

can anybody tell me what she does to prepare her voice and maintain her pitch?

i know she gets nervous a lot and suffers from nearly crippling anxiety, but when she really hits those notes, it's truly something else.

only if you don't do it again.

the mods are gods and seek to prevent you from devolving into a creepy waifufag. thank them, that warning may have saved you...

she smokes a bong and has james massage her throat while she sings the "la fi di" scale.

these threads have brought more OC and interesting discussion than the entirety of Cred Forums combined as of lately, so i kindly suggest that you go to one of the other gazillion threads where you can find the "post chanology-summer-shitposting" that you love, oh, SO MUCH!

why does she look filthy, it makes me think that she stinks, disgusting. Anyways, I love her music.
Also,

STOP MAKING THREADS OF GRIMES I DON'T WANT HER TO BE MAINSTREAM.

fuck of hipster - let her spread her wings!

youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I
her music is otherworldly... i love to think that she draws inspiration from another dimension or that she's guided by some higher power.

Based on watching/reading interviews and having seen her live, before shows she does the usual vocalizes as well as a lot of physical calisthenics (like jumping rope and basic stretches - remember that she studied ballet for 11 years prior to her musical career) as well as a steam inhaler when sick.

On stage she uses a three-part regimen of hot tea, cold water, and a vocal throat spray in between songs (especially the ones that involve screaming.) She may be relatively untrained as a vocalist in terms of time spent with a teacher in a practice room, but - pedagogically speaking - her vocal work is incredibly on point.

rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-on-art-angels-follow-up-why-she-loves-tool-20160412

>Art Angels uses rock sounds in a really different context. Do you have thoughts on how rock can work in 2016?
I personally really love [British bands] like Bring Me the Horizon and Foals. There's definitely a future in rock, but it will probably be more fusion-oriented, like rock that uses 808s. Twenty One Pilots is kind of like that – it's sort of rock, but the sound is hip-hop. You know all those songs on [the Smashing Pumpkins'] Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness that almost sound like Lorde or something? I feel like that vibe has not been explored.

Exploring new vibes like a true fucking avantgarde!

Her voice on that Ave Maria cover is really magical as you said. That's pure beauty, my friend.

wow what a routine! and i agree. i can't imagine having to go through all of that just to perform and it makes me appreciate her so much more for it.

>steam inhaler
she takes a fat rip from a huge ass bong. toned down from her fat ass dabs she'd do before shows in 2012.

doesn't it increase her anxiety?

just sounds like saw + dream pop or something

user, you're talking out your ass again - you may want to see to that.

>why does she look filthy, it makes me think that she stinks, disgusting.
Are you an autist? She looks fine and clean, dumbass. I bet she's way cleaner than you.

Who else did that combination before her?

not if she washes down the scoobie snacks with 6 shots of moonshine.

I'm telling you. Bong. Huge clouds getting puffed in the dressing room.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyDNOudNUcw

not much here, just a few shots of devon looking his usual depressed self

They call it a bong but it's an oral humidifier or something

grims

why is devon such a qt?

why doesn't grimes adopt duffy so he can make los angelistani cuisine with bloodpop and james and whatever other motley crew of rejects they run with in LA?

>throw it at pedestrians passing by or plebs
was duffy our man on the inside the whole time?

are you trying to make Grimes lose fans with that glastonbury vid

>terrible outfit
>singing badly, good singing parts are obviously pre-recorded
>that ugly nigga dancer that's way too fucking happy
>look at me playing guitar (cause you sure can't hear it)

imagine having paid money to see this

imagine the crushing disappointment your parents feel when they realize what a huge loser piece of shit you are.

i wonder how duffy makes a living

oh boy

he's still grimes' muse, but it's mostly over skype now.

james is in charge of sending money to his account the first of every month.

youtube.com/watch?v=aIoGNxntYO4&feature=youtu.be

oh shit kst

fuck

why is kst such a raging faggot?

You're thinking of Annie clark

I SWEAR I saw this episode before today, but it says it was uploaded an hour ago.

he made a trailer to it, 2 minutes long, but it's deleted now

I feel less crazy now.

thanks user.

post yfw the videos grimes was referring to coming out this month was that duffy video and she played everybody like a fiddle

>terrible outfit
(You)

>singing badly, good singing parts are obviously pre-recorded
She sings very well, very close to the recorded version. Only occassionaly she missed some notes (like on WP2). But that is to be expected from her, she's primarily a songwriter/producer.

>that ugly nigga dancer that's way too fucking happy
>look at me playing guitar (cause you sure can't hear it)
She's an entertainer dude. Go to your boring Autechre or Swans shows, Grimes isn't for you. I pity you if you can't find that performance enjoyable.

Her proper new videos aren't out yet. Be more patient.

>imagine having paid money to see this
I have. It was fucking awesome.

You attended her Glastonbury gig? I envy you.

Thoughts on this artwork? (not mine btw)

No. 'Twas a different Art Angels concert. But the point still stands.

the person who made it probably does a lot of r34

woah this is really good

props to the artist.

I know some of you will hate me for this, but I need more of her hairy legs and pits. I only have a few & I know you fuckers are holding out

leave, creep

She models for attention, shes getting it

not for this kind of attention
nobody wants to hear about your weird fetishes. this is Cred Forums, not /d/.

The fall of Lady Gaga is one of the most delicious things to have happened this year.

we're all here, its not just me

>(given her current nationalist tendencies.)

What are you talking about?

I wanna see that.

I'd be entertained by a vid of nothing more than Grimes taking a rip tbqh myself. I'd imagine she can fit a lot of smoke in her lungs thanks to her singing while running around constantly and it'd look comical compared to her actual physical size when she breathed it all out.

How rich is Claire?

'Hate' isn't the right word, user - completely off-topic for this board and creepy is more like it.

Wtf... How is she so hairy? Are women actually this hairy? I'm gay so I wouldn't know.

In declared assets she's upper-middle middle class.

In undeclared assets (mostly her collection of high-profile criminal syndicates) she's got enough cash to dwarf most Wall Street investment firms.

causes.com/causes/378231-support-the-non-profit-les-kapital-industrea-lki/about
>4. donations can be made, via PayPal account [email protected]
>life.in.the.vivid.dream
grimes albums confirmed for DEEPEST LORE

She's Canadian, and actively votes in Canadian elections.

>Cause Leaders
>Matthew E. Duffy
Is that Grimes weirdo friend?

>(mostly her collection of high-profile criminal syndicates)

Tell me more

What's nationalistic about that?

i love her

Canada is a nation.

kraft punk

GET OUTTA HERE

check out my new hidden camera show
kraft punk'd

get the fuck out of here kraft punk

>phase of breaking into tears and running off stage in the middle of her set

source?

fuck off kraft punk

I love Medieval Warfare

Apparently there's California (Hana remix) on the new NBA 2K17 soundtrack.

>“After playing a show in front of 4,000 people, which is pretty much the worst thing I can possibly imagine, it totally broke down all my inhibitions. Before I made music I had really bad social anxiety disorders, I had panic attacks all the time. I was really not a happy person. Since I’ve started making music it’s the first time in my life that I’ve been a happy person.”
>Not that happy equates to easy. Boucher has battled, and beaten, intense stage fright to get where she is now: “The first year I couldn’t finish a show, I’d be crying after every show. That was a big mental thing – every night this horrible looming thing of having to play this show. But there’s something so alive about that. I’m really living a real life.” The pain/pleasure thing? “Yeah, and everything being such a risk all the time. And everything being so unstable. It’s like, what are we going to do tomorrow? It’s very day-by-day. I think that makes time go really slow, which is really nice. When I think about things that happened a couple of months ago, it feels like years ago. I am so afraid of dying that I really want to live as much as possible.” She laughs, but she’s not joking.
dazeddigital.com/music/article/19961/1/grimes-ready-to-fly

you need to leave

You must watch this (Grimes @ Toronto Danforth Music Hall 22.11.2015):
youtube.com/watch?v=kk6lCWEbK0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=36kLhQyjrLg
youtube.com/watch?v=MEa52L2qGvE

So entertaining!

yes

anyone have the claire comment about letting her demons out or something

lauren

you mean this one?

yea thanks

Bump

mtv.com/videos/misc/789347/genesis-live.jhtml
I love the juxtaposition between the harsh industrial lights and walls versus the soothing quality of the music in this live performance - someone should load it onto youtube before mtv.com accidentally does away with it (seen it happen before.)

did shit go down in the duffy vid with a kst comment?
it says it has 10 comments but i can't see any of them, and it now has 2 dislikes

he was talking shit in russian so i called him a "waifujerk" and told him to fuck off to 2ch and stay there.

he made a bunch of stupid middle finger emoticons, followed by saying that duffy is a drug addict, so i said it's better than being an internet stalker

then he made more middle fingers and called himself a philospher and used some stupid "flies on a shitwagon" analogy, so said he was both the flies and the shit.

idk why you can't see the comments anymore. i hope i didn't piss duffy off. honestly im so sick and tired of that dumbass shitposting everywhere, idgaf I'm gonna start calling him out every time he rears his head.

She is the source of Life.
It all started with Grimes 5 billion years ago.

Bump

>told him to fuck off to 2ch and stay there
he never posted on 2ch

did it ever come out what happened that caused her to walk off stage at barclays?

grimey

No (fwiw I was in the audience that day.) Imo for her to bring it up now - truly resolved or not - would be a mistake since it would just end up triggering another round of click-bait media feeding frenzy around Claire Boucher the celebrity victim - not Grimes the musical powerhouse. And as much as it would relieve me to know that the proper people have already been kneecapped, she really doesn't need to have any more of that type of drama.

how do I make her fall in love with me so that we could marry

Pretty sure that ANY answer offered on Cred Forums to a question like that is automatically going to be worse than nothing.

Geidi primes is her best album you tasteless pleb

It says she is inspired by medieval music, does anyone have any examples of that?

I've read that Halfaxa has medieval elements in it.

I'm listening to it now, the sounds she created in this are amazing. I wish she continued this style.

I can somewhat hear the medieval influences I think

whole geidi primes I think

It feels medieval at times but I'm not a expert on music so it could be the power of suggestion. She's said that a medieval composer, Hildegarde von Bingen was an influence on how she wanted to sound.

damn shes actually pretty thick for how skinny she is

faggot......

is that like call of dutys new game or something?

She makes good music to you know.

I only know a song when she was inspired by medieval warfare

Didn't it have something to do with Plebbit?

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

Somebody post the sleeping art angel image.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Is this supposed to be a lewd pic of her or something?

No, Grimes is never lewd. It proves she has curves though, which for some reason is an argument for why she's not good.

she perfect

neg her

Why does /mu become obsessed with shitty artists like Grimes or St. Vincent or Taylor Swift, because they think they're attractive?

by being confident but vulnerable at the same time

lol wall street investment firms dont have cash

Because they make good music and they're all actually attractive. Btw why do you single out female artists? Why don't you mention Frank Ocean, Kanye and Thom Yorke? Huh?

because I have no clue who Frank Ocean is, I've never actually heard a Kanye West song and Thom Yorke had that one good song back in the 90s...

This is either great b8 or you actually should kill yourself

true story, some guy in the audience was holding up a sign that said "I wonder what your feet smell like"

I should kill myself because I don't listen to flavor-of-the-month pop music? sure

i heard it said "i masturbate thinking about u in my car"

she is fucking perfect

>in my car
Are you fucking serious right now?

>in my car
goddamnit

>in my car
here we go again

Do you listen to grimes?

she read a thread here earlier that day saying she is reddit with lots of consensus. She couldnt deal

no, but i've heard her music

trips wouldn't lie

but seriously though I wonder what her feet smell like

ok

What would you say to Grimesy if she were reading this thread right now

I know you'll be there, with your soft mountain eyes, and secrets... that I can't stand

I'm gay and as such I have no part on the rampant waifufagging that goes on in here.

Grimes;

I am truly sorry for the appalling behavior that is taking place in this thread. Cred Forums is supposed to be a place where people can congregate and discuss music but more often than not these types of threads appear to demean female artists by focusing on their looks instead of their work.

It's a shame because there are a lot of very talent female musicians, from yourself, to St. Vincent, to Kate Bush, to Bjork (the list goes on...), that deserved to be discussed here in terms of talent instead of appearance.

I am ashamed to call myself a male after reading some of the vile filth posted in this particular thread, and other similar threads that have been posted.

From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely apologize. I hope you will not paint all of denizens of Cred Forums as infantile misogynistic perverts. There are a few of us here who love you for your art, milady.

Sincerely,

Me.

>uni-brow
>skinny as fuck
>greasy
>autistic
>adhd
>disgusting hair
>shit music

pussy smell like cool ranch doritos

>Discuss about
holy fuck stop saying this it's redundant and it sounds retarded

We should dialogue together to discuss about our wording of words

hi devon

>in my car
Get the fuck off my board.

You sexy. I want to kiss all completely and unite in a wild ecstasy

i'm not him, i do though want her to go back with him and leave mr slob with daddy issues

>this is a 10 in leafland

damn she really can't sing

James has daddy issues?

>this is a 10 in Americuckland

rare one for ya lads

Maybe in liberal states/cities but in decent-sized cities in conservative states we have a much higher standard

as someone who lived in red states most of my life, you're completely full of shit

PUFFY

NIPPLES

brb downloading her entire discography

New thread