What is the musical equivalent of this picture?

What is the musical equivalent of this picture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysKvDwseKRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nE40tEh-x1k
youtube.com/watch?v=CbCA78XBoDA
youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k
youtube.com/watch?v=B-He6EzP5zY
youtube.com/watch?v=dDRHx4cPgbE
youtube.com/watch?v=0lWrkxzWA5M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_76uz-JZDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death grips
Xavier wulf
Bones

4'33''

Dream Theater

mlp soundtrack.

Apator

anime soundtracks

Meatloaf :^)

op is obviously just looking to hate circle-jerk metal as a genre.

so before that happens, let me remind all of you that "edginess" is not inherently bad in art. there are plenty of dark pieces of art that are considered to be a masterpieces today. look at The Death of Marat, or the works of Goya, or Francis Bacon. Edgar alan poe, basically any Shakespeare.

There is nothing inherently wrong with making art that has dark themes.

the reason why most people today are so opposed to it is because back in the early 2000's (when most of you were growing up) the music industry tried to cash out on the angsty/angry stereotype and they made a bunch of distasteful edgy shit like nu-metal and evanescence. that left a bad taste in everyone's mouths and people got sick of it really quickly. now people here are quick to dismiss anything metal-related because the only metal bands they know are system of a down or linkin park.

you can tell the industry even knows they fucked up because a few years ago they went the complete opposite direction and started churning out cheesy, feel-good, kumbaya crap like mumford and sons and the lumineers.

TLDR: dismissing something as "edgy" is lazy and retarded.

inb4
>edgy

Prog

U talkin shit?

Metal

Upon reading this post, yep: metal

>Upon reading this post, yep: metal
>no counterargument
nice

he doesnt need a counterargument

theres nothing to argue because of how evident it is

>insecurity: the post

The mental gymnastics metalheads will do to defend their genre never ceases to amaze me. Look, I've listened to a fair amount of metal, and some of it is quite good, but it's ok to admit that the metal community has a disproportionate share of neckbeards and autists with delusions of grandeur about how amazing and sophisticated metal is, and pretending that the edginess makes it special somehow.

Outside Cred Forums=prog metal
Cred Forums=death grips

:tips fedora:
Well said friendo

Oh, and by the way: Shakespeare wrote some dark stuff, taking inspiration from Greek tragedy, but was far from the bulk of his work. Even most of his tragedies generally weren't all that edgy.

And Poe was a shitty poet and even shittier fiction writer, by the way, so I wouldn't point to him as an example of great art being dark.

talk shit post fit

Prog Metal
Nu-Metal
or Industrial

yeah with the exception of titus andronicus none of shakespeare's plays are edgy
the dark edges to his plays only show up when absolutely necessary

darkness =/= edge
absurdly over the top and constant darkness = edge

>it's ok to admit that the metal community has a disproportionate share of neckbeards and autists with delusions of grandeur about how amazing and sophisticated metal is, and pretending that the edginess makes it special somehow.
that's fine, i'm not a metalhead, i listen to everything. my post wasn't trying to defend the reputation of the metal community, it was just trying to defend the reputation of metal itself. a reputation that has been tarnished on this board by shitposters flinging around buzzwords like edgy and neckbeard.

Came here to post this

Post hardcore emo fuck faggs

Came here to post this

You are the closest

easily these, sometimes classical fags are just the fucking worst

Swans

Entry level classical and video game soundtracks. Also whatever is on the radio.

>Shakespeare wrote some dark stuff, taking inspiration from Greek tragedy, but was far from the bulk of his work. Even most of his tragedies generally weren't all that edgy.
fair enough. i only ever read the works of his that were required for school. but i'm sure someone who knows more about literature could name ten other acclaimed authors who focused on dark themes.

>And Poe was a shitty poet and even shittier fiction writer
that's a matter of opinion, and one that's going against the common consensus

This

this

AAH FRANKIE SINATRA

Ghost
Amon Amarth
Dragonforce

Muse
Tool
Foo Fighters
anime soundtracks
Linkin Park

this
youtube.com/watch?v=ysKvDwseKRQ

also,
steampunk music and electroswing

or this
youtube.com/watch?v=nE40tEh-x1k

opeth

Disturbed

>electroswing
/thread

power metal

Cred Forums.

linkin park is incredibly normie. maybe hybrid theory/metora would be OP's pic but they been super normie for over a decade now.

anyone saying something cool like Swans or Death Grips is incorrect

fedora implies being aesthetically lame/clueless and liking stuff like mlp and electroswing. its the opposite of liking Swans/Death Grips

ok let's be real.
These types of people are really into anime
but mainly the fighting ones (dont remember the names)
=OVA= Breaking Benjamin type shit

Death/black/sludge metal is way more edgy than power metal

death grips is lame tho. sounds like butt. death grips is a fashion choice for middle class suburban white internet memers which allows them to feel like they're punks and avant garde. no one actually enjoys the bands music.

fedoras ARE normies in a way. they're just socially-challenged ones.

that's the irony, they think they're distinguished and elite because they never go to parties and only watch anime and play vidya all day (as if that's so sophisticated), and they don't understand that actual, like, artists and other interesting people have lives.

and fedoras have shit taste. lame, basic, entry-level shit like superhero films and Tarantino.

this is a fedora opinion.

you probably like Nirvana or some lame shit.

fedoras are not normies.

by normies I mean plebs. ordinary, basic people from the suburbs with predictable, underdeveloped taste.

just because they don't develop themselves enough to get out and date doesn't make them special or sophisticated.

wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=CbCA78XBoDA

okay but pleb and normies aren't the same thing. fedoras are plebs but they're not normies.

anyway, linkin park is mostly radio pop music now. they're non-fedora normie music. long gone are the days of ONE STEP CLOSE TO THE EDGE IM ABOUT TO BREAK

youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k

youtube.com/watch?v=B-He6EzP5zY

hit it nail in the head
I have a classmate who, non ironically wears a pocket watch, fedora and suit to school. Everyday (except for the fedora because he got bullied too hard for that one.) The kid wants to buy a katana and life revolves around anime (and trying to get to first base with the ugliest two chicks in the grade).

His taste in music is very limited. From the one time he showed me his music library it consisted of breaking Benjamin and similar type bands.

(We're in last year of high school btw so 17-19 y/o)

man. I just feel bad for the guy.

and exactly, he's not getting a chance to develop very much because he doesn't have a lot of experience with people and doesn't get exposed to much.

that said, I wish the kid the best. one really shouldn't feel contempt for such people. I'll mock their taste sometimes, but, nah, good luck to them.

>mfw I unironically like Breakling Benjamin

youtube.com/watch?v=dDRHx4cPgbE

man stuff like that is just beyond the pale for me

Outside of school he never interacts with people except for skype. He does have friends but even they can recognize the cringe and some just hang around him to see what shit he does. Having loosely known him for 5 years now, im pretty sure he has some issue socializing. I can never talk to him about things that are not vidya game related. the best I can describe him is as a 12 y/o that never really grew past that stage.

>i listen to everything

what's your favorite traditional Japanese harsh noise-wave album?

Japan X, galneryus or dir en grey. Trust me, I've stared deep into the abyss.

>beyond the pale
what

was for

U provin my point wit ur pic?

facts, b

Avenged Sevenfold

anything described as 'Cred Forums-core'.
Anything described by retards on this board as 'patrician'
e.g. that shit coconut record. Crimson King. All of Radiohead after OK Computer. etc. etc.

My Little Pony theme

Fedoras may like it, but sword fedoras? Definitely not

>no one actually enjoys the bands music.
how could you be this narcissistic? believe it or not, people actually have different opinions than you

>that shit coconut record
it's a crosssection of a tree numbnuts

>being this insecure about your music taste

>being insecure about your music taste at all

nice meme. i listen to everything excluding fringe avant-garde subgenres. although i listen to some of those too. to answer your question, pic related.

it's not a matter of being insecure. i don't give a fuck what you think about me personally. idk why you guys are all so quick to relate this to ego. i made that post because the majority of Cred Forums shits on metal for no good reason and it severely limits the discussion that we're able to have about it.

Evanescence is wangsty at times but they have good stuff.

Literally what. Most of DT's stuff isn't "edgy", it's just Train of Thought and even then the album is dark and not """"""edgy""""".

Does Cred Forums know what "edgy" means?

youtube.com/watch?v=0lWrkxzWA5M

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_76uz-JZDw