"Everyone has a finite number of good songs in them and I'm no exception. Paul McCartney...

"Everyone has a finite number of good songs in them and I'm no exception. Paul McCartney, one of the finest songwriters of the 20th century, has written nothing but manure for over 25 years. Rock stars over the age of 30 do not produce important material."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7sM06mPrc
scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/music/sir-paul-has-just-written-manure-for-years-1-611044
youtube.com/watch?v=jmC3553Q3Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=81Z-WRuQe2w
youtube.com/watch?v=j1SjYwMImRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which is exactly why Oasis should have fucked off after Be Here Now

POTATO

Exception--Lemmy started Motorhead when he was 30.

>gallagher

>motorhead
>important

>I don't like it therefore it is unimportant

>30 years old
>still forming bands
hell be fine

>Rock stars over the age of 30 do not produce important material
Maybe true for a lot of them, but still - bullshit

>Rolling Stones
Check
>The Who
Check
>Aerosmith
Check
>Kiss
Check
>Judas Priest
Check
>Van Halen
Check
>Metallica
Check
>Megadeth
Check
>RHCP
Check (they never did develop any really new creative ideas post-BSSM)

Also could apply to most rappers.

>Rock stars over the age of 30 do not produce important material
This is exactly how you seperate the actually talented from the pretty faces who were in the right time at the right place

>Aerosmith
>Kiss
>Van Halen
>Megadeth
>RHCP
>Ever producing anything important/influential

>Bowie
Too soon, Oasis

I didn't pass any judgement on the quality of those bands, only that they didn't develop any new creative ideas or set any trends after their 20s.

Give me one important song for each of those bands and if you can, explain their importance

I didn't mention some in the list because they did make something important but I certainly don't like them (metallica)

Didn't Aerosmith/Kiss/Van Halen pretty much set the template for 80s rock? I mean, pretty much any band that came out in the 80s cites them as an influence.

based Noel trolling plebs

says the man whose literally a one hit wonder

>or produced solid but not "important" work after that age (Descendants)
Like I mean, Aerosmith and RHCP had tons of later career hits but they pretty much developed/perfected their sound on the first 3-4 albums.

You know how I know you're American?

>implying that's paul

Nobody cares britshit

Damon was over 30 when he made Think Tank and Demon Days

>Think Tank
Blur are shit

Add Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan turned 30 just as they finished touring MCATIS and he did jack-all since.

Kiss were also the godfathers of costumecore metal. They weren't the first band to wear makeup (New York Dolls say hi) but they took it further and developed stage theatrics to a higher level than bands before them.

The stuff Scott Walker wrote in his 50s through today is just as good, if not better, than his early stuff.

Mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi

Thats what he's sayin lads
if you wanna be "influential" just keep giving the "tortures" each person think they suffer and vĂ²ila, you know how I feel sempai you're soooo coool

Little Richard did makeup first, also it can be traced all the way back to minstrel shows.

Is that why Be Here Now was a total piece of shit because Noel was 30 when he wrote it?

that and the cocaine and the fact that oasis were so popular noel figured he didn't even have to try anymore

But David Bowie made Scary Monsters when he was 33

Speak for yourself faggot, now gtfo

"All the songs are ridiculously long, there's no bass...I don't know what happened to that, and the lyrics are complete shit."

Pearl Jam.

>Eddie Vedder turned 30 at the end of 1994
>like anyone gives a shit about PJ post-Vitalogy

Christgau's Pearl Jam reviews are comical. He basically shit on all their albums except Vitalogy, which he gave an A- because he was touched by Eddie's mourning of Kurt Cobain.

Which makes it more sad about Kurt--he had another three years to produce quality material.

>rap
yeah but instead of 30, more like 25

Except Noel has released some great solo material

Eminem was in his late 20s when he made his classic albums. But after TES, when he hit 30, he did nothing anyone needs to listen to.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7sM06mPrc

Pink Floyd were in their 30s when they put out DSOTM and The Wall. That's one obvious exception.

>Rolling Stones
hey, late-70s Rolling Stones were still solid

>most rappers
Kanye, Run the Jewels

not to mention Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Mark Kozelek, PJ Harvey, Swans

What did he mean by this?

hmm

He's right
>implying

Serge Gainsbourg didn't release his first album until he was 30, didn't make his acclaimed albums until he was 40

Some Girls isn't bad but most people would say the only essential Stones are Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile on Main Street.

wow

>Miles Davis
>LCD Soundsystem

>Rock stars over the age of 30
>Rock stars

Zappa and Beefheart still made some great albums after they hit 30.

Wew

Davis isn't a "rock star" though.

Tyondai Braxton was 30 when Battles made mirrors and 32 for Central Market

>LCD Soundsystem
>Battles
>good
>important

this nigga knows too much

>he doesn't realize that Adore is the Pumpkins' best album

I totally agree, to me rockbands have an expiration date

Radiohead only got better when they were in their 30s

At 25 they die, you now, like the rockstars at 27.

waw

Definitely showing my hand as an American here, but how could anybody give a fuck about Oasis? In the US, they're Wonderwall: The Band, and that seems totally appropriate. Oasis somehow seems like a more temperamental and less important Blur, which is crazy, because Blur is a suckfest full of dickheads. Britpop is totally lost on me.

I miss Goat Head's Soup

Gallagher says inflammatory things to stay relevant with his sophomoric observations.

Pulp were well into their 30's when they dropped His N' Hers, which is regarded by many to be their real debut album, as everything they put out before was typical crappy 80's post-punk.

y'all being trolled, search for the quote and nothing comes up. he never said that

Meanwhile classical composers get better and better with age. I wonder why.

He's got a point

Everyone has an expiration date, it's just that his was like 2 weeks after the release of Morning Glory

2deep4u

Why are the press so obsessed with giving this complete has been the air of publicity? The guy hasn't released anything good in twenty years yet every time he says one of his epic funny quotes it's newsworthy. Just fuck off.

It's real alright.

scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/music/sir-paul-has-just-written-manure-for-years-1-611044

Stop talking shit Noel, are you THAT desperate for attention? you talentless fags, go suck Beatles cock. Blur is far better than you and your fag brother.

Intwesting.

"Perhaps a painter paints only two great works in his lifetime or a novelist writes only two great bestsellers. Nevertheless, he keeps going."

What about pic related? He was like 37 when bee thousand came out

Debbie Harry--33 when Parallel Lines came out

>Bowie
>good
lmao he has like one decent album and the rest is trash

Go Let It Out is a sick tune though.

Only good 2000s era oasis song imo

Liam's voice went downhill alarmingly fast.

I kind of like All Around The World. Doesn't get more 90s than that.

couldn't agree with you more

this. like holy fuck, how do you go from this

youtube.com/watch?v=jmC3553Q3Fo
to this
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8 (at 53:00 mark)

In two fucking years?

And it got so much worse after 2000

(Not him) How much of his stuff have you heard?

Here we go again

All of his "classic" albums (1969-1981 era) and Blackstar

Station to Station is great and the rest is trash, especially Ziggy-era Bowie

I respectfully disagree.

It's probably because of always singing with his head tilted up. That's not good for you.

He used to not do that in the early days, but definitely over time it became his main way of singing and the tilt of his head became more obvious as his voice deteriorated

youtube.com/watch?v=81Z-WRuQe2w

youtube.com/watch?v=j1SjYwMImRo

Yes well he has to be up there with Robert Plant as far as totally ruining his voice before he was even 30.

The only time it was ever ok to like Oasis was in the 1990s if you were a 10 year old British girl.

Figures that this pleb thinks early Radiohead is better than later Radiohead

Annoying but they did have their place in music history, specifically that they were a huge influence on pop punk.

I don't get this meme. Oasis were always more lad/football hooligan/working class man-oriented than 10 year old girls.

I'm sure tons of tween girls thought Liam was cute though.

WHAT IS MICHAEL GIRA?

Wow, if Oasis is what blue collar truck driver types were into, that says something about the average British "male".

I'm pretty sure in the 90s, the American equivalent of that demographic was listening to Pantera.

Obviously, but you could say that about every indie band at the time who were in the public eye

>over 30
*serj tankian*

that's not true though. Only little girls and gays and nu-males like whiney acoustic pop ballads like Oasis. They aren't even rock.

kek

Yeah i don't think any little girls were listening to Pantera, in fact I don't think any females period listened to them unless they were bulldyke lesbians.

oh dear

kill yourself

ziggy verges on perfection at

wew lad

>implying 70s dylan isn't just as important as 60s dylan