Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

guitarcenter.com/Rogue/RA-090-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Natural-1416325129132.gc
clyp.it/vfhmm5xt
youtube.com/watch?v=47zLR5PDuks
youtube.com/watch?v=fijXHclxxTA
youtube.com/watch?v=oBWUgP1g7z8
youtube.com/watch?v=VUwPB6bHpF8
youtube.com/watch?v=o-EJk5gEmkY
youtube.com/watch?v=IsFha8P3XNY
youtube.com/watch?v=QdNLaWKjyLw
youtube.com/watch?v=qfc5efQBDpY
youtube.com/watch?v=yELpVTsWmpI
themusiczoo.com/products/used-1956-gibson-es-295-archtop-electric-guitar-gold?mc_cid=2791fa5035&mc_eid=48335e50de
youtube.com/watch?v=vpWXgolkUYI
clyp.it/jxmjaqnc
clyp.it/ujpkxtsy
clyp.it/4l5qew4i
www47.zippyshare.com/v/cACwGVWj/file.html
clyp.it/5uxu0y0p
clyp.it/fsoke0ia
youtube.com/watch?v=pmz-L0NOuCE
clyp.it/nys2qyh3
youtube.com/watch?v=pb8BiQR9RTI
vocaroo.com/i/s1dulRdxFOro)
forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77438
youtu.be/vN1wJJrYhKc
this1smyne.com/shop/mbl-mini-blender-pedal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>/gg/ will never be Cred Forums again
It's a sad existence.

tasteful relicing

Finally. Sup /gg/. I posted the other day about the Craigslist dude that bailed on selling me an amp. Well, that eventually devolved into me hurling insults at him via email. Needless to say I didn't reconnect with him.

I was pissed about the whole thing and determined to get the amp I wanted, so I found one similar online at Music Go Round. Bought it right away. Only issue is I feel like I overpaid, since shipping was a beast. Plus the craigslist amp was a great deal ($150 vs the $250) I paid. Hate I missed out on that though.

All in all though I feel like I got good value. The amp is a teal stripe Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 with Scorpion speakers. Essentially a Roland JC for $250. What do you think /gg/?

lets bring it back

>purposefully shitting up a guitar because 'MUH VINTAGE LOOKS'

Wow no one is even shitposting... Where is everyone?

Probably shitposting on Cred Forums about the tard-fight tonight.

I picked up an Ibanez 7 string over the weekend:

Stiiiiiill waiting on the guitar shop to finish with my guitar

cant wait to get rocking and rolling. should hve it back by wednesday

What kind of guitar? What are they doing to it?

please be troll :(

what would be a decent 10" guitar speaker for a very small box, i'm building some dumb shit out of old combos to sell to hipsters on etsy

My collection grows.

Picked up a Squier Bronco bass with no wear whatsoever at the thrift store for serious cheap money this past Saturday. Lovin playin some bass. Really fun instrument.

seagull s6 dreadnought

getting it set up. action lowered, string change, intonation fixed, etc. i bought it used and it's my first guitar

I wish Ibanez would make a Prestige 7-string ARZ, pic related is close enough. ESP already has some 7-string Eclipses but I prefer the ARZ's feel more.

I fuckin love u guys

That would be amazing. I'm very happy with the way mine feels, especially considering I got it for $160. A prestige model would be awesome.

Y tho? :(

Great guitar, I have one myself. Good call on the action. I swapped to the lightest gauge strings I could find and still want to shave the saddle

This is what a real 50 real old guitar looks like. As long as fender or Gibson don't make it, the finish should last.

I want to buy a cheap classical guitar, so I'll probably buy used. Anything in particular I should watch out for or keep in mind when buying a classical? I just know my way around electric guitars and basses honestly.
Like, should the intonation already be correct or can I adjust that after the fact easily? What about string height?

Also, any recommendation for classical strings?

What would you recommend as a first electric guitar for under 1000$? I've got an acoustic/electric I've been using but I want something completely electric.

give me nudes of the girl and i'll tell you

I don't think you should spend anywhere near $100, $300 - $400 is about right.

$1000*

Is this a good starting guitar for someone looking to start learning how to play?

guitarcenter.com/Rogue/RA-090-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Natural-1416325129132.gc

If you've never played guitar before, sure. He has played guitar. Also, if you have the money, why not?

What kind of music are you into?

How good are vox amps?
I've been needing to upgrade from a headphone amp and I want the most true-no effects sound I can get and with their current 100 dollar model have just that I am very intrigued.

AC10, AC15, AC30. These are the only Vox amps. Anything else with the Vox label is garbage created to make money off of poor kids and morons who think modeling is cool. Source: I was a poor kid who bought a modeling Vox amp.

But if you pick one of those 3 real Vox's, then yeah they are great. The AC15 has a great clean sound. AC30 drives very well.

For under $100 I think you should look at pawn shops.

Yah don't need to spend $1000 on a guitar for all you need these days, that's why. I would recommend getting something that plays great for that price, worrying about pickups later when you get electric experience.

Either you've never played a nice guitar or you have been playing guitar a total of 3 months. If you can't appreciate an american strat over a mexican or a $2000 les paul over a $400 epiphone, you need to consider that you don't understand musical instruments.

If you want a true clean sound, you want something full range and definitely solid state such as a keyboard amp. Look for a cheap keyboard amp or some such. Certain bass amps can do the job right as well.

Between those guitars there's a huge difference, but not every $400 guitar is alike. Many guitars for that price will have perfect fretwork and setup. When you compare squier or epiphone to their parent companies, whom they have a vested interest in creating inferior products to, you will find a huge gulf. Ya look elsewhere, bamalamadingdong there's the real competition.

The day I find a $400 guitar built as well as my american PRS is the day I switch to a sock only diet.

I've got a $600 Epiphone Les Paul custom that plays just as well as any Gibson studio or standard I've come across. Perfect weight at 8lbs, and it nails that warm midrange I've always associated with the good Les Pauls.

Don't think anyone is arguing that a sub-$1000 can't be good. The argument is that there is/isn't any point in spending more than $400 on an electric guitar... which is stupid. If there was no point in a $2000 or $5000 guitar people wouldn't buy them.

Any brands I should check out? Anything I should avoid?

I'm into shoegaze, indie stuff, dream pop, etc. Reverby stuff desu. I have played a bit of guitar but honestly I'm just looking for something with a great price:sound ratio, something near 1:1.

Good sound, but not great, and a good price but not cheap. Know what I mean?

sure have fun ;)

tfw no AC50? no Super Beatle?

Under $1000 (new) I would look at the 60's MIM strat... it's a noticeable step above the standard in quality in my opinion. If you aren't into strats, look at some of the PRS SE line, it's their korean made stuff but it's still great for the money.

I just listed the meme vox amps, but sure why not. If it's "AC___" or nothing on it is digital, go for it.

>girl

Let me fug the girl and I'll buy you a guitar under $1000

are mim teles any good?

Was somebody in this thread trying to buy one of these?

Does anyone have experience with pic related? I just ordered mine and i want to know what to expect

Honestly never played one. I've played an american standard tele but I'm not really a telecaster guy. Too much twang.

I've been wanting to buy a new guitar and amp for a while and have 1600 dollars to buy both, let's say 800 for a guitar and 800 for an amp.

I've been leaning towards a mexican Fender strat and the VOX AC15 C2. I adore them to bits and would love to own them.

Strats and Fenders in general get huge flack from /gg/ and I'm guessing VOX amps aren't really up there aswell. Stop me from buying these if you think there's a better alternative for a vintage n dirty sounding pair. All suggestions appreciated.

Used Fender American Standard for $650 and a Used Deluxe Reverb, AC30, Music Man, or a head and cab combo

Get a classic series 50s or 60s Strat with a cranked Deluxe Reverb

I own a mexican tele and the exact same vox amp, you can go wrong, memes aside

>MIM strats
Truly the moat expensive way to get $100 worth of guitar

Tell me more. Do you have a foot switch for the amp? Can you put the drive on with it, not just tremolo or reverb?

Do you recommend some kind of taco and the vox? I've been drooling over this combo for ages.

Not really, like many MiM Fenders you'll want to replace everything at some point starting with the pickups. I'd suggest assembling your own. My projects average around $400-500 and it's everything I want in a guitar

>MIM strat
Bootiful

by the power of this spoon let Cred Forums leave

SPOON

DELETE THIS BITCH

clyp.it/vfhmm5xt

kill yourself. there is literally a minimal difference between mim and american made strats and paying double for them is one of the stupidest financial decisions you could ever make

Standard MIMs suck shit, if youre talking the classic player and above series I agree with you .

Calling MIM strats nearly as good as american strats is pretty accurate. There's very little difference between them. However I stand by that you're getting around $100 worth of guitar. You aren't doing much better with MIA.

poor fag detected.

Let me know when you've played a custom shop Nocaster before you speak about MIA quality.

I've played a 2011 Fender MIM Strat which only had the neck pickup changed to some kind of darker single coil. It played and sounded fantastic on every level, looked the part aswell. What are some concrete observations you can make on why an American is better than a Mexican?

name 5 technical reasons that american strats are worth double the price

what brands do you think are better and why

oh, i remember you. sucks that the seller was such an impatient asswad, but you probably shouldnt lose your composure like that.
anyhow, as long as you enjoy your purchase and you feel it sounds good and possibly makes you more creative then i wish you all the best.

Concerning all the talk between MIA guitars and their cheaper counter-parts, you aren't just paying for quality, you're paying for quality control.

It's perfectly possible you'll find a MIM guitar that feels as good as an MIA guitar, the quality of MIA guitars will probably be more consistent compared to their counter-parts.

If you're ordering online, this matters more. If you found a guitar you like in a local store, then whatever.

1. Better bridges made of SOLID STEEL
2. Better Nickel Tuners not made out Ping Chrome Vanadium bullshit
3. USA Handwound pickups
4. Thin Nitrocellulose Finish that isn't half an inch thick
5. Perfect fretwork not done by Chinese Child Slaves
6. COW BONE NUT vs piece of shit Chinese Plastic
7.SOLID STEEL hardware (screws etc) vs chromed pieces of shit

I would definitely pay double for all of that.

Mexican strats/rondo: ceramic pups and inconsistent fretwork, high nut/basic setup
American strats: basic alnico pups and consistent fretwork, low nut/good setup

all minor things that don't warrant an 100% increase in price

see:
youtube.com/watch?v=47zLR5PDuks

Anyone has a working link for Hal Leonard's Bass Method? mediafire fucked up

Those aren't minor things, they're what makes the guitar a reliable instrument. I have a couple high end MIMs and I like them but they're in no way comparable to a nice MIA guitar. With my MIMs I always have to upgrade, my MIA Fenders are perfect out of the box.

You're paying for the convenience of a perfect instrument. By the time you've upgraded all of your hardware and electronics you're spending just as much as an MIA.

>Chinese child slaves
Guys, China has better working conditions than american factories by far. Get used to this fact. America has worse conditions than China and even Mexico, and almost always older equipment and smaller production. Shrinking american manufacturing cannot afford renovations required to meet modern standards of safety. Lawmakers don't want to kill what little production we have by raising safety standards.

In China, there's one political party. They have a very firm control on businesses, and they've decided they should have strict labor laws, so they do. In China there's competition for manufacturing jobs and possibility for advancement in a growing industry. In america, it's a dead end job reserved for highschool dropouts.

Those who still hold on to Chinese manufacturing stereotypes clearly haven't been reading the news in the last 10 years.

I don't support the politics of China by any means, nor do I support their weak policies on pollution. But the plain reality is that China is a better place to work in manufacturing than america.

dude how do solid steel bridges and nickel tuners and nitrocellulose finishes and fretwork really affect your tone that much? that's all playability stuff, which, like the guy in the video said, isn't too important.

pickups and stuff i can totally understand, but obviously those can be changed out pretty easily for a smaller sum of money

The screws on cheap bridges strip easily, the gears on cheap tuners also slip easily compared to quality metal. I build my own guitars and the only place I don't try to cut costs on is the metal hardware.

my 2001 MIM tele is awesome.

>screws on cheap bridges strip easily
that's the most irrelevant thing i've ever heard, just replace the screws

>gears on cheap tuners also slip easily
who cares? again, a minor play-ability thing. not something you should pay double the price for in hopes that it will somehow make your tone better

yes, the MIA fenders are made with more care and with better hardware. many professional musicians use them.

but, they are not worth the premium you will have to pay for them. i absolutely do not believe that a gigging musician needs a MIA strat over a MIM at all. the difference between squier and MIM is much much greater than the difference between MIM and MIA

gee
just how much of a chinaboo are you bud

It shouldn't shock anyone that fender doesn't make a better alternative to american strats to run themselves out if business. People need to stop pointing at fenders, squiers, and other fender-owned companies as a way to measure worth.

The most advertised guitars are not the best value. Your guitar center is not a good place to judge how much you can get for $300 when they work hand in hand with fender.

what are you even talking about? what guitar is a better value than a used MIM strat for ~$300?

not him

bridges and nuts change timbre and sustain
tuners are obviously important if you dont have a locking nut.
even tapered fretwork is good for playability, if you have notched, uneven frets, some fretted notes will buzz more than others and it will be impossible to get uniformity in the action/playability

finish is a meme, but sometimes a good lookin sexy guitar makes you WANT to play it... (eg more practice)

so what are /gg/ approved guitars? it seems everything is a meme guitar?

staying within the same company, i got a jackson for 300 which has emgs (100 each)

>it seems everything is a meme guitar?
if you see somebody describe something as a meme then you should know to avoid their opinion.
They're called meme-agers

>just replace the screws

Normally when the screws become stripped on cheap guitars so do the threads on the saddles. I've had a couple of low end MIMS and even MIJs that i've had to replace the saddles with because of stripped screws.

It's never been a problem with MIA guitars. Sure you could just change them, or you could just buy a quality guitar from the start and never need to change anything.

>bridges and nuts change timbre and sustain
the QUALITY of the build of the bridge affects timbre and sustain, not the material it's made out of. the craftsmanship of mim fenders aren't so far from mia that they warrant the price

>tuners are obviously important if you dont have a locking nut
not a ton

>even tapered fretwork is good for playability
exactly what i said, good for playability, not for tone or sound. it will feel better but not necessarily sound better.

>finish is a meme, but sometimes a good lookin sexy guitar makes you WANT to play it... (eg more practice)

this basically sums it up, finish IS a meme, as are mia fenders, build for looking "sexy" and not for actual sound

Why do people get so butt-flustered over Hawaiian pizza?

>and never need to change anything

how often do you really unscrew the saddles? is it really worth as much as a MIA costs?

>used
Similarly to how a $600 MIM strats devalues, every used instrument devalues.

Hell, as much as I'd like to spend a few hours trolling Craigslist to find what you can get for $300 used, I don't need to. You can get a better guitar than MIM brand spankin' new.
Yamaha and Agile both make superior instruments for $300 or less, and used ibanez often beats out Mexican fenders if you're willing to give some credit to the better pickups offered in models found at that price range used.

If you take one of those guitars that are better value than a used MIM brand new for $300, $400, and $500, and apply the depreciation you expect, MIM can't nearly compete.

>Yamaha and Agile both make superior instruments for $300 or less, and used ibanez often beats out Mexican fenders if you're willing to give some credit to the better pickups offered in models found at that price range used
oh come on. name some instruments specifically that beat out a used MIM

if you don't post your pedalboard in this thread your will never have a nice shoegaze gf who sits accross you looking at you play and going oooh at your noise and glitchy sounds

righto buddy, youre probably correct about mia being a rip

but tuners help your guitar stay in tune
bridge and nut material (ultimately density) definitley affect timbre, ive noticed differences replacing them in my own guitars
playability affects tone man, if your 12 fret is uneven, your lows might sound fine but your high string might buzz, regardless of how adaptable your technique is. You need durable and even fret setup.

just to refute you even more for shitsngiggles, some would argue that visual waves are just as important as aural waves and that the visual art can inspire the musician and his audience, reflecting light in certain ways, changing your mood. some people are as into visuals as we are into sound...

as for the technical side of the finish, it can prove to be resistant to certain elements like soda and foodstuffs which depending on your venue, could be a hazard. Also, certain finishes allow wood to breath over the span of decades, so as the wood changes, the sound slightly changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=fijXHclxxTA

New:
Yamaha PAC120H, PAC112V
Agile AL-3010SE
Used:
Any Ibanez Artcore
Any Agile ST or AL-3000+ model

Just let him be. If he's convinced his $250 squire is just as good as a custom shop then there is no point in trying to reason with him.

You know why everyone's second guitar costs more than their first, I know why, and most of the people reading this thread know why.

He will come to that realization eventually. He is probably the same kid who argued for hours a couple threads ago that PRS guitars are all made of bondo.

Some of us take longer than others to grow out of the "line 6 spyder and EMGs" phase.

How you going to say all that and then end it with something as stupid as implying EMG makes bad pickups.

That's like going on a huge fucking rant about government corruption, getting everyone's attention then your last sentence is "Also, fuck women and niggers."

Nice Rat settings m80

nah, theres one in my guitar center but I never tried it out. Looks cool though

rat muff club where we at

wtf is shoegaze somebody plz explain this meme to me

how is it even pronounced? like shoegahzi or shoegays?

Its not EMGs fault 15 year olds everywhere give them a bad name.

chuu-gays

its not a meme its a genre of music

ok it is a meme

>just to refute you even more for shitsngiggles, some would argue that visual waves are just as important as aural waves and that the visual art can inspire the musician and his audience, reflecting light in certain ways, changing your mood. some people are as into visuals as we are into sound...
holy shit this has to be bait

>but tuners help your guitar stay in tune
wow that's absolutely crazy

>playability affects tone man, if your 12 fret is uneven, your lows might sound fine but your high string might buzz, regardless of how adaptable your technique is.
my whole point was that no mim fender will be noticeably worse in those categories than an mia. again, i'm not talking about a squier

>If he's convinced his $250 squire is just as good as a custom shop then there is no point in trying to reason with him.
that's exactly what i'm not saying.
i don't get why it's so hard to believe that i can think a made in mexico guitar is almost as good as an american made one. it's not even a rare opinion. and i definitely appreciate good gear

it's a genre that's 50-60% about playing pedals, the rest is guitar

>shoegaze
More like shitgaze haha

>3 digital reverbs
Wtf

More like poopgays ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

would taking out a loan for a guitar be stupid?

I like delays and reverbs

the white box is a delay too

Got a fresh pic here lad, I'm about to buy another Sparrow and maybe an OCD soon if I like it better than my Mini OD pedal

Fucking iPhone photos

what do you need another sparrow for user asks the man with 3 RV-3s

yes
just buy from sweetwater and pay monthly if you need it that bad

One for gigging and one for home. The one I have is losing its paint and light is pushed in, knobs are getting scratchy too but I'll clean em. It's my favorite fuzz pedal as well and they're hard to come by since the company disappeared. Super versatile goes from a clean boost, OD, light garage rock fuzz, Stoner style fuzz and with a tap gives a soft dirt tone like a cranked low wattage amp.

Sh-shut up

youtube.com/watch?v=oBWUgP1g7z8

good info

>ive studied him a lot and he's been nothing but gold.

check it out:
watch all 10 or so parts to this bekrlee clinic (continuum era)
youtube.com/watch?v=VUwPB6bHpF8

audio eqs a little messy here (born and raised era)
youtube.com/watch?v=o-EJk5gEmkY

oxford interview, good marketing info here (paradise valley era)
youtube.com/watch?v=IsFha8P3XNY

some blues lessons, check his other periscope stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=QdNLaWKjyLw

very early comedy, making fun of the music business and his celebrity persona
youtube.com/watch?v=qfc5efQBDpY

>RAT and Big Muff
Explain

Rat = distortion
BMPi = fuzz

>boss pedals
>shoegaze

more like poorfag

Just a question, do you use your bmp with or without your overdrive going through it?

I mean I feel sad for you if you think Kevin Shields used super expensive custom shit when they recorded YMMR., Isn't Anything and Loveless.

I also don't play shoegaze, I use cheap delays to make them glitch out and do infinite stutters like Agata does.

go to a real place like kekcenter to figure out what fit for you

Without, the BMPi is the first pedal in the chain after my tuner

Just one of these but I'm hoping to pick up a nice chorus sometime in the future.

expect an ugly guitar to arrive at your home shortly, thought I expect you've received it and realized this by now

ok, its not made in a dirty cave factory by dirty damn spicks. hb that playboi

a lot, on the guitars mentioned, because their lower quality metal parts have a harder time keeping their position, and you lose intonation and go out of tune more easily, as well as having a different resonance than solid metal, which causes them to rattle loose and created buzzing.... cant believe i typed all that.. ugh

yeaaaaa, soooo... you really arent using at least 3 of those... so fuckin no

Idk if this is bait but cheap tuners mean having to tune your guitar more/going out of tune while playing it which sucks especially when recording tracks. If you actually ever do work on your guitar stripped screws are a real pain to deal with(i just happened to have done work on a mim stat that had a few screws in the pickguard rust from hand sweat that stripped really bad when I was changing pickups on it and took a while to get off.) but ya idk about the price point but they are important things to have nonetheless

>painted fretboard

No pics of full board atm but here's my 86' rat, got it for 20 bucks off Craig's list :D

Does anyone have old MXR Phase 100 script logo? How does it sound comparing to the recent block logo? I've acquired a block one not so long ago and did not like the sound at all. It sounded as the sound was running through a metallic pipe or something like that so I just sold it and switched back to the 90 one.

>tfw the sound guy made fun of me for having a bunch of Bossâ„¢ pedals

Help me identify my mustang, lads.
MIJ, possibly 95-96. That's as much as I can gather.

Nice settings, man. I would lower the distortion to have more of a simple overdrive, though.

What is that? Gibson Es-125? Why does the body look so fat? Those guitars are awesome though

nothing wrong with boss, but its good to mix pedal brands for a unique sound.

also, soundguys are fucking retarded, smile and get along, but discard all of their opinions

Is there really anything else to know?

Yes

Any recommendations for ways to learn theory without dying of boredom first?

I suggest using the serial to try and date it

Yo my MS paint skills kick ass

I honesty use it as a fuzz for the must part, usually crank the dist to almost full for nice doomy thickness

Good starter board. Just add a decent delay unit and you'll be fine.

Enjoy music?

Oh, and buy patch cables. There's normally sets of 6 for like 8 bucks on amazon.

Also a noise gate might be a good investment

Oops wrong post fml

Yeah, a good delay and a noise gate are probably next on my list, the 6505MH can be a bit noisy when boosted.
No Amazon in the Netherlands as far as I know

How do I get sound like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=yELpVTsWmpI

Reminder that G&L makes the best budget priced guitars out there. I bought pic related for about 430 euros and it beats my Gibson Sg (cost about 1000€) in every single way. The pickups are absolutely beast, it got the Tele twang, the bridge is the most solid i have ever used. Can we get some G&L love in here please?

yeah but they fucking ugly

Whats ugly about it?

Man I bought a guitar and only played for a month. I think i moved through my learning stuff too quickly and got bored of it. I should try again but maybe theres something else to it

the hardware and the headstock

what picks do you use?

Take it slow, incorporate it into your normal routine

Hardware looks ok, but that headstock looks like fender one with downs.

Tortex Jazz III 1.14 mm

can anyone help me work out a song??

Anyone?

Does anyone use these?

intonation probably needs to be very close really, its quite difficult to fix it on acoustic

I once heard an user say if you buy a cheap classical guitar you should at least make sure it has a solid top. Although I don't personally know anything about that

What the hell is string cleaner?

>start learning guitar
>practice really hard for about a week
>develop hard white callouses on my fingers
>wash dishes one day
>callouses fall off
How do I keep my callouses from disappearing?

Unless you're Santana, fuck off. We can't all afford that shit and my korean PRS plays just fine.

That happens a few times when the calluses are still new, just relax and keep playing. In no time your fingertips will become permanently hard and flat, it won't go away even if you spend a few months without playing. You'll love it.

Tortex Sharp 1mm and Tortex triangles 1.14mm

There's plenty of MIA PRS models that don't cost as much as a car. It's not all Santana and double neck dragon inlay memes.

Use rubbing alcohol it will toughen the skin.

The cleaners and polishes for the body and fingerboard are good, but the string cleaner just leaves them feeling greasy and gross.

I just use wood polisher for the wood, neutral detergent for the plastic and WD-40 for the strings.
If the guitar can't take it it wasn't made to be played by a man.

I'm surprised I never see any mention of Gretsch in these threads. I'm negotiating with a cl guy right for pic related (G5125) listed for $350. I know these are all effectively Korean trash but those DeArmonds are so good.

themusiczoo.com/products/used-1956-gibson-es-295-archtop-electric-guitar-gold?mc_cid=2791fa5035&mc_eid=48335e50de

Some rich fuck please cop this so we can see you posting about it

that's a good call too

bumpy wumpy?

Just post it, either someone helps you or they don't

You don't need to bump in a mu general

fair enough, i just wanna learn the acoustic rhythm between .47 and .59 on this song youtube.com/watch?v=vpWXgolkUYI

What bass amps does Cred Forums like? Looking to upgrade from my mediocre 30W Ibanez.

>true bypass

Lets play a game /gg/

You post a guitar or bass track, and I will put a drumtrack on it using reaper and and electronic kit. Then maybe someone else can add other instrument parts or even vocals.

Get one with a solid top, it's the best sound for your money generally.
Intonation really ends up being more of a function of compensation already built in the guitar, can't really be too concerned with it unless it's just atrocious above the 12th fret.

Also, string height will be quite a bit higher, it shouldn't look like a suspension bridge, but the height could be as high as .12inch~ on the bass side and .10 on the treble side. I've played guitars higher than that, but this height was the most comfortable.

clyp.it/jxmjaqnc

Got this bad boy yesterday

clyp.it/ujpkxtsy

Ok I'll get on it now. I had to save the whole webpage to get the audio clips.

>clyp.it/ujpkxtsy
damn sorry dude, i should have put downloads on

Same. Sorry, had no idea how this service works.

I have a little instrumental I made a bit ago by sampling my classical guitar. It would be perfect for a dance beat or something under it. 126 bpm

clyp.it/4l5qew4i
www47.zippyshare.com/v/cACwGVWj/file.html
(zippyshare for downloading)

Decent colour, I'm not a fan of most Gibson finishes

i'm 18 at this point in my life, should i be expecting to write songs i genuinely like or can i be content in continuing to learn and develop? i've been playing for 2 years

Write as you learn, you'll improve yourself on two fronts then.

that's exactly what i'm doing haha, i probably write as much as i learn, and i learn a lot by writing so i guess waiting seems like a good shout

Ok I had them recorded but fucked up converting them, accidently deleted them, had to rerecord and then put them into audacity to make the mp3.
Its a little rough but here you are

clyp.it/5uxu0y0p

clyp.it/fsoke0ia

I'll try this one now

>clyp.it/5uxu0y0p
Well, that sounds pretty cool. Thank you!

Tidy up your boards friends. Didn't your grandma tell you? No one wants to marry a guy with a filthy unorganized pedalboard.

>Old Blood
>Caroline
My brother of African descent. How are those btw, both on my list.

Nobody sees any flaw in my plan? Seems simple enough.

Ampeg. Pricey but very worth it. If you're not looking to spend that kind of money, Fender makes decent amps at an affordable price.

>dude from Red Fang plays on a 5 string butchered Fender Mustang
youtube.com/watch?v=pmz-L0NOuCE
I love it

I wanted to buy the Old Blood Noise Dark Star but I already own three Reverb/Delays so.

Its a little rough around the edges but it was a lot of fun to do

clyp.it/nys2qyh3

I'd make fun of you if you were using like an HM-2 or a DS-1, but Boss honestly consistently makes some of the best fucking pedals ever.

hey what's wrong with the HM-2, how else are you going to make stupid swedish death metal sound good ?

I'm sorry I meant the MT-2

my mistake

Anybody else want to throw some drums down on a track?

isn't it a pain in the ass to move that board around? or are you just a bedroom autist?
nice stuff btw, mirin at that jazzie

>Dean
>Neon green
This has to be bait

I just picked up my first Fender Start
It's a MIM I got it used for 3 bills and some old crappy pedals I don't use anymore
I'll tell you this, nothing sounds like a Strat
This 5hing plays great, and sounds even better . I had a Les Paul but it just didn't feel right to me.

Not my 2015 MIM standard

I love the color

youtube.com/watch?v=pb8BiQR9RTI

*Strat

copped this over the weekend
MIM J Bass with Seymour Ducan Vintage pups
$300, sounds great

I'm the guy you raged at... I paid $890 for my american PRS second hand. They have many models under $2k brand new.

But for someone to get mad at someone else for being able to afford something more expensive than they have is truly some liberal obama phone insanity.

But I do all that myself anyway

Signal drop in a pedal chain is a thing, my dude

holy shit user that's great, good price too

how's it play?

give me your fav backing tracks /gg/

Super smooth, but I'm still trying to get the action how I like it. The guy I bought it from is an electrical engineer who works on amps, and had a house full of old and super expensive gear he was repairing and selling. He was selling the bass for cheap because he couldn't play anymore after he had a stroke and figured it would be best used in someone else's hands. He put in the pu's himself and completely rewired it with new pots and cap. Sounds exactly like a j bass should imo.

how do you like the Arpanoid, user? Been looking at getting one myself some day.

Nice, I would swap out the bridge for a Badass Bridge (Omega Bridge, now that they're not making those Badasses) for dat added sustain and harder bridge sound.

It's pretty sweet, but honestly the only thing I could imagine doing with it in a musical context is some weird background noise between songs.

>sex

Anybody of you doing homerecording? I use a Tascam IUR2 interface and i always get some kind of repeating noise when recording with anything else then adobe audition.
(example: vocaroo.com/i/s1dulRdxFOro)

Had the same problem with different mics and different laptops. If using adobe audition, this noise isnt on the recording, but can be heared when listening to the track in audition while the interface is connected. if disconnected, the noise goes away.

anybody know what this is or how to fix

>inb4 buy better interface

thats fucking ugly

Your Mom's ugly.

Honestly I've never heard that sound before. Maybe you could ask /prod/ about it?
>>inb4 buy a better interface
that's probably your issue if I had to guess

>that's probably your issue if I had to guess
Yea, i would by something better if i just had the money. I'm just curios, why the noise isnt on the recording when recording with audition, it's like freaking black magic

I think he lost this guitar on tour?

Is your regular DAW configured the same way as audition ? It might have to do with this

I usualy only use audition, the snippet is recorded with audacity (got a new pc and I havent installed audition yet).. Only thing i changed in Audition is that it should use the ASIO4ALL driver. but i configured audacity the same way so i dont know whats wrong at all

>audacity
get a proper DAW

Use Reaper as your DAW instead of Audacity or Audition

I play bass and here's my experience
Owned a MiM P Bass for 2 years and then got an American Standard P bass
>much more sustain
>easier to setup
>better looking finish
>better feeling neck (satin finish + better carve)
>better tuning stability
>better sounding (fuller range, sustain, etc)
>overall easier to play and because of the quality I want to play more

If someone doesn't want to pay the full price of an American instrument just buy used but I will tell you it's worth it

nevermind. i just have to learn how to use google properly. Found the solution here: forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77438

Just had to change from 41000Hz to 48000 Hz in the windows recording devices settings.

I own an MIM Jazz Bass and I love it to death, but I must secede that they do have poopoo tuning stability.

are you me? i have the same rat, black russian big muff, and rv-3
also when/how do you use your muff?

Glorious

Maybe I am.

If I'm playing alone I use it all the time, I just can't stand not to play loud as fug.

When playing with my peeps I just cascade it on top of the Rat for whatever riffage or leads I may need that need to stand out in the song.

>Single cut 7-string

Who thought this was a good idea?

Gibson has even worse, a 24.75" 7 string LP.

opinion on godin electric guitars?

their strat has a humbucker for a bridge pickup, could be pretty sweet

Yes it is.

>Floyd rose
>dat color

>their strat has a humbucker for a bridge pickup, could be pretty sweet
oh wow, how uncommon and never seen before

Posted this elsewhere, figured I'd post it here too

I want to be able to plug all my instruments (keyboards, piano, guitar, etc) into the same speakers. To do this I'm thinking about just getting a mixer like pic related

My question is, would I be better off spending a little more and getting something with eq and stuff? I'm not really sure if I'd need it, but are the extra bells and whistles worth another $20-30?

Also if there are any other better options, let me know

>tfw my gf doesn't do that
>tfw pedals in the practice space so I can't post em
God damnit all I want to do is marry Alex Gehring is that so much to ask for

kek

Yeah, two amazing things in one package.

Just get a real mixer. Also, plugging everything into the same speakers is a really stupid idea unless you mean putting mics in front of your amps.

>middle school sarcasm

not in my /gg/

>stupid idea
Ok well I play everything on my own and just loop it all. How would I be able to get multiple instruments into a loop and have them all playing at the same time?

To get a decent mix, get a mixer with 6-8 tracks (just in case). Guitars should generally go through an amp to a microphone and then into the mixer. Most keyboards can plug straight in. Piano obviously needs mics (ideally at least two, though I doubt you mean an actual physical piano).

Or you could, you know, just get friends who'll play some of the instruments for you :^)

yea I try not to play guitar when my
>gf
is around cause I'd rather give her attention or have us go eat or to the movies or something, but whenever she arrives and I'm playing she justs sits down on my computer desk looking at me tap dance on my pedals. She'll never understand my obsession with repetition, stutters and making laser sounds with the PS-5.

Her favorite band is Oasis though, goddamn me man.

Yo brethren, are there any other (maybe cheaper) guitars with two outputs out there? Rickenbacker is quite out of the ballpark, though I've been looking at the Italia Mondial lately and it might be an option.

>gfs fav band is Placebo
It hurto. At least she goes crazy when we play concerts, but at home straight up no fucks given.. But hey, you can impress yours easily so that's good

buy an A/B-Y box, dummy

Today's reminder that you're shit :
Paco de Lucia had better alternate picking than you, and he had no pick.
Get back to work.
youtu.be/vN1wJJrYhKc

do you guys have any good backing tracks you can suggest?

i want to start jamming along to them instead of just poking around on my guitar alone

the greatest backing track you can get is finding a bass player and a drummer in your area and starting a fucking band

>line 6 releases a new version of the spider
>there's a 240W version
pure, raw, unfiltered fizz

The boss looper pedal and any cheap keyboard has lots of them, there are tons of torrent packs too

That is gorgeous

Is there a discord chat for players/writers? I'm part of the /prog/ discord, but they are more along the lines of digital so they can't always answer my questions regarding guitar/ass recording, playing, and writing.

also,

Oscar Schmidt OE-20 (main)
Big Baby Taylor
Washburn Rover
Ibanez IJX30
Fender Squire P-Bass

Peavey Bandit 112
Spider 4 15w
Four Fource 1
Honeytone fucker
Ibanez 10w puppy
Amped BA110

Fulltone GT-500
Tubescreamer
MXR Fullbore
Ditto Looper fucker

Lexicon Alpha-1
Line6 Podstudio UX2
PDMIC78
Nady SP-1

Jazz III for life

Why?

>playing, and writing.
/gg/ ain't gonna help you on that side either that's for sure
also holy shit that's a good ton of cheap crap you got there

Been wanting to play a G&L. Found pic related on craigslist but it's a bit pricey

welcome to the world of a tiny income and getting by. I love my amp and guitars, they get the job done. I am starting to save for a new guitar with richer pickups but that will be a while.

small income doesn't mean you're forced to buy the first thing you can

You guys rec'd me the bandit and I love it, all that stuff work great for me, and honestly some of the cheaper stuff was bought back in highschool when I was on $30 a month

>Falling for the classical guitar meme

Ayy I rec'd that, great tube sound for a SS. Reminds me of old mic preamps.

You could probably trade all that crap in for something nice.

Nah one way or another i end up using all of it for something, that lexicon as a preamp for a lot of non-gig/prod stuff. The amps I've let friends borrow or just used as speakers. The pedals I don't need as much as I did before the 112 but they still offer a lot of flexibility

guitarbackingtrack.com

Toronado master race reporting.

tfw you suddenly shit out a couple of nice riffs

man the Toronado is so fucking goofy why is it so thick its like a pancake.

heavy as fuck, not much of a hassle to carry it to a car though

What kind of pedal do I need to blend my clean signal with effects? Like, having my entire effects loop do its thing and then mix it together with some clean sound. Pure distorted bass sounds like ass so I want to split the signal and then blend them together.

Get a dirt pedal with a "blend" knob.

Wounded Paw makes signal blenders in a couple different varieties. They ain't cheap though.

But I also want to blend my wah effect and combinations of effects.
I'll check them out, thanks.

This
Any good effects pedal should have a blend

this1smyne.com/shop/mbl-mini-blender-pedal/

tfw getting new guitar amp tomorrow, after playing guitar on a bass amp for half a year or so

>gibshit

Ew

>tfw I've been playing my guitar and bass through a guitar head + bass speakers for 4 years now

I should buy an actual guitar amp some day.

>Not using a cheap interface and pirated modelling software

The fuck is wrong with you people?

240 watt, stereo, 2x12, that should go over well with the neighbors.

>cheap interface
Hell no.

So I'm a lefty who has played right handed guitar for all of his life.

I'm struggling to improve my picking speed for the past year or so. I've only gone up from 150 bpm to 160 in my tremolo.

I'm only 20, and I seem to be doing rhythmical patterns with my left hand when listening to music. Should I swtich to lefty?

Any other lefties who play right handed?

Better than a fucking bass amp.

Which way feels more comfortable? Do that one.

Shit, I've been practicing my ass off for years now. If I think of music and guitar playing I always strum the chords with the right. But if I listen to music it's always the left hand that tries to follow the rhythm patterns.

>not playing through a bass head/cabinet with high fuzz
>not going for that kyuss sound
pity

Ew what are you a fag?

No I just like feminine penises.

Starting to play guitar as a 21 yo, is really late?

Also, which techniques do you think were the ones who helped you the most?

are you retarded

Is that a Stagg pedal case? I have the same one

I use the 01/02 fretboard stuff. Works really well for me. Pic related before use

After. Cheap and pretty easy to do when changing strings. Only need to do it like twice a year to keep rosewood boards nice'n'healthy. Haven't tried it on the LPC yet, not sure if it's meant for ebony. We shall find out

I've been trying to learn the guitar seriously for a month or two. Some days I can practice for hours and it feels really good, but on other days (like today) I don't feel much like playing and everything I try ends up pretty shitty. Do you fellow anons have similar experiences? Should I just force myself to play using my autismo determination?

If you get tired of it but still force yourself to play, you might end up hating it. If you started to learn to play because you liked the idea and enjoy it when it goes well, I would try to keep it that way. Try to play every day, but if you really struggle for hours on end, maybe put it down for a day or so. I sometimes find that I push hard to learn something and I don't really get anywhere, then the next time I try to play I can do it with ease.

So play when you can and when you want to, and you'll improve. It just takes a while. Use your determination if you really feel inclined to get through something you're stuck on, just don't do it to the point that picking up the guitar feels like a chore and not a fun thing to do

Yea that happens to me as well. Some people might prefer to play anyway (maybe they have a routine) but personally I tend to not play as much on those days. I feel that playing something new and interesting can help though, but I don't stress it because I know that the next day, or the day after, I might suddenly play a lot.
I'd say: Do what you find best, as long as you don't start postponing to tomorrow over and over again, then you might want to consider a routine or something.

Anyone else have this problem where you don't want to play your guitar because the strings get dirty and wear out faster? I record too so it's important the tone is sharp but I may be retarded. I buy new strings once a month

now imagine being a bassist and having to spend 25 bucks on strings every month

fucking shoot me

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. There is virtually no differences between mim and american sounds. Go watch a comparison video.

Diligently scheduling practice, and diligently following that schedule.

>wireless guitar amp