Since when did it become cool to not have fun at shows...

Since when did it become cool to not have fun at shows? I was at one last night and everyone was so stuck up and did nothing but scoff at people trying to enjoy themselves

don't even care if you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters

Cause everybody is a music snobb who must be impressed be for they even hear you.....

What kind of show user?

depends on where u go
punk/hardcore shows are still legit
anything else is just idiots with their phones bragging about being their

It certainly depends on the type of show/band playing, but if they were actually there to just listen intently and enjoy the music, then good on them. Some people just don't want to have a bunch of sweaty fuckers ramming into them and jumping about like idiots.

Not sure if the picture you posted is related, it's tiny as fuck, but if it is, it looks like it was a much more intimate performance. If you want to mosh and jump around do so at a stadium show or some grungy bar/club.

They are enjoying themselves by bolstering their egos.

Make your scene great yourself!

Tiger army, so a punk/psychobilly show. The opening bands no one really did anything and I wanted to show them that I liked it by headbanging etc without being too much of a goober.

That aside, I waited 12 years to see them live and it was so worth it. Sang my ass off and was surprised how crazy shit got over a poppy psychobilly band.

Punk/hc are hit or miss some nights.

Everybody is either throwing down or standing still
Esp with a shitty diy local scene.
I am thankful for my local scene :D

Probably because the music sucked and they were scoffing at those who found that shitty music to be good. Kek, even the people that came to the concert knew it was bad.

>if you're not flailing around like a spastic you're not enjoying the show

Why would people be at a show they don't like? That doesn't make too much sense,
That's not what I'm saying at all, it's just when they stand completely still, arms crossed, check their phones and not seeming to enjoy it is what gets me. I had a fucking blast.

Story time.

Saw Ariel Pink a couple years ago at the 930 club in DC. For the unfamiliar, it's pretty much the premier venue for cool music in DC but in the last few years the demographics have aged/changed to the point where, for instance at this particular show it was just a bunch of up-tight young professionals on a fun night out.

The vibe was fucked, but I was there alone so I was like "fuck it, imma jam extra hard bc fuck these niggas (imblack)" I had so much fun. The ppl around me reaked of "ugh. this drugged up kid. calm down" with their scowls. I was stone sober.

At one point towards the end of the show Ariel just starts trashing the crowd talking shit like "WE SMOKE WEED! OOOOH! SHOCKER" and "The 930 club is dead."

9/10 show. Just do you. Fuck these lames, life's short.

>it's pretty much the premier venue for cool music in DC
lmao, no it's not

I've ever been to the 930 club (but have been to dc). This was at shaka's in va beach. Really cool place, really intimate and small so the bands like right there in your face.

ok? what does this have to do with what I said

Are you 17? Because that's some teenage bullshit. Anyone 21+ should be wasted and not giving a fuck

the 930 club stopped being cool when you walked in it

I just said never been there. There was a typo. I almost saw black moth super rainbow there but I couldn't to DC at the time.

Get to DC at the time I meant, fuck.

like everyone else said some people are like that or you were wasted and didn't realize how you were acting. i saw your facebook post brandon

i live in ny and musicians outside of dc look at it like they would look at strange matter or the camel in richmond. thats cool enough from an outsider perspective.

going to phish shows has taught me this

Go to an EDM show. Seriously. I'm not even THAT big a fan of the music, but people who go to raves still know how to get lit and have fun.

i only go to gigs these days so i can say i go to gigs

How possible would it be to ban phones at a small gig your hosting? Could you potentially farraday cage the venue or something?