Need good break up songs, just got out of a 2 year relationship

Need good break up songs, just got out of a 2 year relationship.
Already gone through Slowdive, that's always the best first choice, fuck me up senpai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIL6QUYoUes
youtube.com/watch?v=X9imazpK1wU
youtube.com/watch?v=EzoazPPC7b8
youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6PIW9iRw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in this order:

giles corey
down colorful hill
velocity:design:comfort

and then cut yourself

First few seconds and I could tell it was Dan Barrett. Good choice though i'll go through these thanks

That picture is sexist garbage, and you should feel bad for posting it. Come on dude, I know this shit hurts bad, but theres no reason to use it as fuel to come up with conspiracy theories about half the damn population. For fuck's sake.

giles corey sucks fucking dick

nice bait

FUCKING TAKE IT BACK

OK So ive been apart from my ex since February, so this is my experience:

>First Day
Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness
>2 weeks later
Avalanches - Since I Left You
>2 months later
Avalanches - Wildflower
>2 months after that
>user, wanna meet up and hang? it's been a while since we've seen each other.
>Meet up
>Play Wildflower w/ her, because she always liked asking about and had me play the music I enjoyed.
>Tells me she loves me still and thinks about me everyday.
I say I love her too, but I won't be waiting for you forever
>She say's: My heart hasn't given me a true answer, but never doubt how much I love you.
>1-2 month later
Not really sure what's ging on between us, but I'm listening to all types of different music again because I am no longer caught up with the split.
However she still listens to Wildflower all the time and cries to Kaleidoscope Lovers

Idk how to feel, guys

>conspiracy theories
wdhmbt??

you suck fucking dick

Why are women are so superior to men?

>I'M GOOOOOOOOING TO KIIIIIIIL MYSEEEEEEELF

>not LAGWAFIS

>japanese breakfast - psychopomp
>tangible rays - grow house
>the klf - chill out
>neon indian - era extrana
a mix of some "listen to heavy guitars and cry" music and some poppy "reminds you of your girlfriend but also makes you hopeful to meet a girl in the future" music

nice arteezy face

They're exes for a reason man, I would tread lightly

It's only been a day so I'm still deep in. But poppy, hopeful music
should do the trick within a week, thanks famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIL6QUYoUes

Listen to some cocteau twins it's kind of in the vein of Slowdive.
youtube.com/watch?v=X9imazpK1wU
I haven't had anything even close to a girlfriend in so long I kind of miss feeling like that desu. Now that I look back I wish I could reach that kind of musical catharsis with music that I used to have.
Enjoy it while you can I guess, music takes a new level of meaning when you're really sad.

Not bait at all.

lying trips

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I personally love Giles Corey but I probably hate a band that you love.

No hard feeling user, it's called taste because it's subjective :)

Then lighten up

I've been meaning to get into Cocteau Twins.
I'm guessing this is the best time more than any.
My dad really enjoys them too actually, that's kind of endearing makes me smile

You are a conspiracy theorist if you think sexual dimorphism is so extreme that the male and female experiences of breaking up are such polar opposites. Everybody gets hurt in life, men and women, but becoming bitter is not a healthy way to mourn your loss. The picture the OP posted is not helpful.

>inb4 evolutionary psychology
>inb4 'beta male'
>inb4 reddit.com/r/theredpill

Or maybe, as a normal functioning human sees it, is a humorous picture that
that allows you to laugh at your own situation and make the break-up a bit more bearable.

Honestly, this has to be bait but replied anyway because it's helping me keep this shit off my mind

that's not what a conspiracy theory is you beta male.
take your sorry ass over to /r/theredpill and get educated on evolutionary psychology

It is sexist and reinforces negative ideas about women that one is already exposed to enough. Many people on this website would apparently agree with the picture.

>sexist
Don't be a puss.
But the original picture is bullshit, and if anything the opposite from the truth. People who unironically post it should die.

>if anything the opposite from the truth

this fuckn nigga, at least you're numbing the pain

Glad we found something we can agree on.

In what way does the image reinforce negative ideas about women?

not the opposite from the truth, if a woman breaks up she can just hit up tinder and have an army of chads waiting

The idea a lot of dudes on this site seem to have that women are given a free pass in life, where suffering is only fleeting, and men are doomed to total helplessness and despair in a world that doesn't care about em.

Seriously, that line is so bad. I get that he was trying to be blunt, but it just comes off as equal parts lazy and contrived.
not to mention
>ONE TWO FUCK YOU

The album isn't that bad though. But it just gets wrapped up in the subject matter that the music suffers at points, just for the sake of getting his point across. Like the end of The Haunting Presence, when he's just screaming and pounding on the keys. I get it, he was trying to make an impression or he had a breakdown or whatever, but it's just too self indulgent, and I rarely use that criticism

I don't get that impression from the image at all. Try and see it from a male perspective: men tend to work through emotions independently while women tend to work through them socially. So, even if a woman isn't "happy", to a man, seeing a woman out with her friends after a break up might make it seem like their ex is happy or that they're over them. Men on the other hand tend to isolate, focus on hobbies and push away social contact. That's just a general trend but it holds true *most* of the time.

Regardless of whether that holds true, the picture isn't of a girl socially distracted but trying to get through the pain, its of her happy as could possibly be next to a bunch of sad as shit albums.

Essential break up albums:

Suicidally depressing:

Giles Corey-Giles Corey
Joy Division-Closer
Red House Painters-Down Colorful Hill
Xiu Xiu-A Promise

Sad and Melancholic:
American Football-American Football
Angels of Light-Evangeline
Björk-Vespertine
My Bloody Valentine-Loveless
Nick Drake-Pink Moon
Radiohead-A Moon Shaped Pool
Slowdive-Soulvaki
The Cure-Disintegration
Tom Waits-Closing Times

Happy:
Scott Walker-Scott 3
The Avalanches-Since I Left You

I'm in the same situation, OP. I know your pain.

I presume you guys finished angry at each other, which isn't entirely similar to my situation, but I'm going through it listening to Dillinger Escape Plan. Maybe it works for you.

Stay strong, OP.

there's a picture of a girl crying, then eating (presumably to distract herself) and then happy.
you're either dumb or baiting

thats how I react to break ups, It's not a bad thing and just a joke. Stop getting offended on behalf of other people.

Actually, it was on really good terms. It was both a team effort that we broke up, it just wasn't working for us anymore.

I'm actually feeling somewhat kinda happy, looking forward to the future and that's the best I could ask for honestly.

I hope you're going alright too senpai, stay strong as well

Manny?

You're either dumb or baiting if you think the motivation behind the OP pic is 'men and women have different ways of working through their grief :)'

no

Nope. It's funny to think though, that there are probably quite a lot of other people in my position
All apart of the human experience I guess, we're all in this together

It's a pretty beautiful thing dude. I only just got over my relationship of 2 years. Took me about a year to fully work through it. No shame in taking time

I feel you. I think I'll be okay, probably a few months but it will get better.
Also realising you're not really alone helps a lot

pretty much

*Angels of Light-How I Loved You

Evangeline is a song of the album.

The music is extremely strengthened if you read the book that comes with the box set imo. You can find a PDF online easily

GOAT breakup jams:

Peripheral Vision - Turnover
For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Sunbather - Deafheaven
Jane Doe - Converge
Dark Bird Is Home - Tallest Man on Earth

Because they seek whatever they want by whatever means they can without intentionally deluding themselves as men do?

It reminds me of Not The Sun from TDAGARIM. It may be him at his most emotional/blunt/desperate/whatever but it's still a shitty line

ONE TWO FUCK YOU doesn't bother me as much bc you can only really make out the first two words

Honestly I love Deathcon to bits and I really like Giles but it doesn't stand up. I think Giles is unbelievable in its own right but I definitely don't get as much out of it (either enjoyment-wise or emotion-wise) as Deathcon somehow

I dunno. I'll give it another go. I fucking love everything Dan's done and I even listen to the Hinterkaifeck EP all the time but somehow that's one of my lesser favorite releases by him. I've probably even played Black Wing more than that shit

Whats wrong with Not the Sun? Fucking amazing track right there.

The chorus of
>BE MY BABE

I love the rest of the song but that line makes me cringe

wtf

thats been one of my favorite albums of all time for the last 7 years

and i always thought it was
'be my bane'

oh no :\

Yeah that's why I compared it to that line from GC lmao

I brought it up in a BN thread once and someone else said it's supposed to represent him begging/at his most desperate, similar to the "I'm going to kill myself" line. I just think that that doesn't make me enjoy either line any more desu

I was in a situation where the end was kinda vague and there was some hope. She never told me she still loved me after, but in retrospect just hanging there not sure if you can or want to move on is worse than just cutting yourself loose once and for all.

You gotta do what you think is best and trust yourself. Making the right decision is hard and it's never clear what's right until long after.

How do I ask a girl I sorta know out on a date lads?

To keep it Cred Forums listen to Queen Misery

we're gonna need more details than that. no need to be shy

1. how you sorta know her
2. what is she like, from what you know
3. how expereinced are you with this kinda shit
4. what kind of date you have in mind
5. do you know if she's single
6. how much do you like her

Ensue in a conversation for a bit, make her laugh and if she's replying back quite often then ask
"wanna grab a coffee sometime?"

It really is that simple, good luck brutha

youtube.com/watch?v=EzoazPPC7b8

1. Sat by her in statistics last semester. Don't know her name
2. She made 100s on all her tests, didn't say much
3. I've had two gfs and I just turned 20 (happy birthday to me today actually)
4. Fun dinner or a walk around the campus quad in the evening. I'm poor idk
5. No but she seems shy so probably
6. A solid level of primary attraction

Happy birthday dude. If you have any way of coincidentally seeing her a bit more to test the waters that would probably be awesome (ie if you guys had any friends in common, or any more classes together). Otherwise, you're just going to have to go for it and risk rejection. The advantage of getting to know her a bit more first is you get to have a bit more of a soft landing, haha.

Listen to Autechre. Also Moustache half a scissor by mr oizo

They're instrumental, but strangely enough Moustache half a scissor emotionally moves me more than any other album. It's chaotic and I feel it. The frisson I experience during it is intense

Well I only see her twice a week on the way to class. She sits and does work on her laptop outside a coffee place I walk by. Is it rude to approach?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6PIW9iRw4

I don't necessarily think it's rude. If she's got headphones in and is clearly signalling she isnt interested in interacting with anyone, then go for it, just be wary of signals she isn't reciprocating the interest so you can leave her be and not be that creepy dude that didnt know when to let go.

Approaching her outside the coffee place probably has the biggest risk/reward ratio - its a bit of a gamble, but if shes mutually interested then you have the advantage of having shown her you're a super confident dude.

Striking up a few conversations on the way to class to test the waters and see if there's any actual chemistry could be another, albeit less exciting option. Firstly its a lot easier to go up if you see her on the way and say hey youre in stats right, how are you finding xyz etc and then you're in. Secondly you may find she is very cold, and in that case you havent embarassed yourself with a bold move or taken somebody out you're never going to have a relationship with.
If that initial interaction goes well and you see her regularly enough, it'll be very smooth to transition to, 'we should do something outside of class', right? Basically every girl I've met/dated from college has been in that kind of scenario, you end up becoming good enough friends that the 5-10 mins you might get to talk in and around class just doesn't cover it.

I'm no expert, currently dealing with my own girl problems at the moment, haha, but good luck my dude.

blood on the tracks

F#A#oo is a pretty miserable motehrfucker of an album