What is some essential Sonic Youth? All I've heard is Dirty Boots and Sugar Kane and I've liked em both

What is some essential Sonic Youth? All I've heard is Dirty Boots and Sugar Kane and I've liked em both

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvgRg_mUhtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N3gN9Up6hmc
youtube.com/watch?v=SDTSUwIZdMk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

then just start with dirty and go backwards

going forward is good but I wouldnt say essential

thanks

my pleasure hope you like it

I am so sick of her teasing me with these singles and no album
youtube.com/watch?v=NvgRg_mUhtQ
Published on Sep 12, 2016

As a big SY fan I would reccomend you to start with Goo, their most acessible album, then go to Dirty and Daydream Nation. Then you can check their earlier stuff, which leans more towards no wave. And their newest stuff, which I recc NYC Ghosts and Flowers and The Eternal

WELL EVERYBODY'S TALKING BOUT THE STORMY WEATHER

Teenage Riot is probably their most accessible song

agreed but since sugar kane was a winner I figured might as well

youtube.com/watch?v=N3gN9Up6hmc

youtube.com/watch?v=SDTSUwIZdMk

Sister > Daydream Nation > Goo > Dirty are solid choices to start with but you don't have to follow that order. Some of their later stuff like The Eternal and Rather Ripped are also worth checking out. Most of their other albums are pretty abrasive but in a good way, dunno if I would start with those unless you're already into No Wave/noise stuff.

Early SY is more atonal/noisy, later SY is a little more melodic. Anything from the '87-'92 period is in the middle

talentless hacks

but I wouldn't say daydream nation is their most accessible album

What should I check out if I really like Sister (don't know their others yet) and I mean besides the obvious classics like Daydream, Goo and Dirty

^

none of it SY write mediocre high-school band standard songs with noise elements that a retarded monkey could throw in. but it sure is cool to say you like them.

washing machine or murray street

this

Start with Daydream Nation and go backwards. You could check out some later albums if you want but that aren't very essential.

thanks

Evol.

>Goo and Dirty
>Classics

Evol and Daydream Nation

sex is confusion is their only good album so maybe that