ITT: underrated albums by overrated artists

ITT: underrated albums by overrated artists

desu

literally the opposite

In what areas/ways do you see The Who as being bad and/or overrated? Not contesting them being overrated, just curious.

>le contrarian

This or Sheer Heart Attack. Or honestly anything Jazz and prior. Rest is shit

The Who are extremely underrated by the majority of the population, which includes Cred Forums.

I feel Queen is paradoxically bother extremely overrated yet they have a lot of good gems.
I only got into Innuendo in the past week and don't get how I never listened to it before.

>Obscured by Clouds
>underrated
no, it deserves its reputation
"More" is the much better answer

Also fits in the "perfect debut albums" thread.

they're average buttrock, stop coming on Cred Forums dad.

Self-titled is well rated in my opinion

Nobody gives a shit about yellow submarine except for side A.

I personally think let it be is underrated

Yes, absolutely

>forefathers of both progressive and punk
>revolutionary early use of synths
>were THE band to bridge classical and pop
>made a better psych album than the beatles in 67
>made a better hard rock album than led zep in 71
>made a better prog album than pink floyd in 73
>buttrock
k

These are great
Just overshadowed by Bowie's more "original" albums

Queen isn't remotely overrated, they're underrated. Most people only know a few of their singles and completely bypass their albums.

Because their albums are only worth the singles

One of there worst albums

Best B-sides of B-sides

Wouldn't even call Bowie overrated, he's just a magnet for normies and old timers who don't actually listen to his music outside his iconic albums

Queen is overrated for their singles. Underrated for their albums.

Seriously, their first 6 albums are great and people only know them as a "greatest hits band"

"In my original review, I gave Who's Next an A-, but years later, in my 'Consumer Guide to Albums of the '70s', I downgraded it slightly. This was after seeing how the band's later career unfolded and for a while, I almost came to despise The Who. It wasn't so obvious in 1971, but all the signs were there on that album such as the synthesizer noodling, long-winded song structures, and Roger Daltrey's histrionic vocals. I still maintain that The Who Sell Out was their one truly great album."

Bowie is legitimately the most overrated artist of all time

Especially Queen II, prog masterpiece

All Styx albums belong in the trash.

>Americans in charge of prog

What?

Pieces of Eight [A&M, 1978]

Wanna know why Starcastle is heavying it up? 'Cause they wanna go platinum, like Styx. Fortunately, Starcastle hasn't gotten to the cathedral organ yet. C-

lol

Shit opinion.

Mick Jagger said these albums had "no focus, no producer, and too many drugs involved" and "Any band in that kind of situation will produce material like this".

Well Mick Jagger is a fucking idiot

Overrated album by a properly rated artist.

Satanic Majesties is a solid album though

Brian Wilson is not overrated you turd

>Double album

Yeah no thanks

Bowie is not overrated also this is the wrong album

ALSO the wrong album

Coldplay is underrated. Also wrong album, I think you meant A Rush Of Blood To The Head

doolittle is better

Now thats what I call contrarian

I actually agree

>it's not celebrated daily so it's underrated

and their best

Fuck off Montie

What is buttrock about The Who?

OP here, I fucking love The Who and have since I was in middle school, but I think that their three most acclaimed albums (Tommy, Who's Next, Quadrophenia) are overindulgent and dull. Their early singles are incredible, but I think Sell Out is their only truly great album. Maybe they're underrated on Cred Forums but I think they're pretty overrated by classic rock listeners in general, and for the wrong reasons.

Their singles and Freddie Mercury's voice & showmanship are completely overrated.

Their albums, Freddie Mercury's piano playing and songwriting skills, as well as all the other member's instrument-playing, songwriting and (minus Deacon) singing is WAY underrated.

I seriously can't think of any other band than Queen where every single member was so talented as a songwriter and multi-instrumentist, seriously. Every band always seems to have a guy you could easily replace, but not Queen.

thank you