THAT FEEL WHEN YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST DROPS HER FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS AND IT'S FUCKIN ONE HUNNIT EMOJI FIRE EMOJI OK...

THAT FEEL WHEN YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST DROPS HER FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS AND IT'S FUCKIN ONE HUNNIT EMOJI FIRE EMOJI OK SIGN EMOJI

I love this woman more than my own life

Tearing up rn ngl

where can i listen to this

The track she did with God Empress Shiina Ringo is legit my favorite song of the year. Goddamn.

Honestly my aoty

What are your favorite songs on the album?

Also Exodus sounds like a grimes album

you weebs and your shit tastes lmao

Utada and weebs dont go together. Try kpop

>Utada Hikaru (宇多田 ヒカル?, born January 19, 1983), who also goes by the mononym Utada (English /ˈuː tɑː də/), is a Japanese American singer and songwriter

And? She doesnt make generic pop music at least. Have you listen to deep river or ultra blue. Shes on par with Björk and Kate Bush more than anyone now fuck off

I have no idea to this day what that Japanese lady was singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I’d like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can’t expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it.

>Utada and weebs dont go together
You ever heard of Kingdom Hearts?

You're missing out. She's a singer songwriter and her lyrics even in translation is great.
I open the window
To a person, to a place, that I’ll never see again

I remember the way the distant, distant future
Sparkled, and went on forever
Under that beautiful blue sky
We fell asleep forever

I’d always loved him
I heard he’ll have a baby this winter
Sometimes I begin to doubt things
That have been normal since the olden days
I could never forget him
Will he send a photo with his New Year card?
I feel a huge nostalgia
For the things we couldn’t do

Thank you so much, I thought I'd be making this thread.
Anyway,

>Tomodachi
>Hanataba
>Ore no Kanojyo
Really nearly every track is fucking great. The only inessential ones are tracks 8 and 10 which are in kanji I don't care to translate atm. They kinda break the slower pace things were going at.
BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT KOHH GUEST SPOT THAT ACTUALLY WORKED HOLY SHIT HE DID IT AGAIN

Where can I listen bro?

>Shes on par with Björk and Kate Bush more than anyone now fuck off
nah you like her because you fetishize her culture
back to /jp/

Yes they used her song and weebs dont care about anything other than simple and clean. Whats your fucking point

Weebs don't often look past the English versions of those two songs though

I never heard something more generic

aichun.co

She is the only japanese artist other than shiina ringo i care for. Im a fan of any pop music with great, bordering on experimental production and she has one of the most unique voice ive ever heard.

> weebs dont care about anything other than simple and clean.
weebs listen to a sub-par Japanese artist because it's "exotic" and "so much better than other J-Pop I swear" and "on par with Björk even though I don't understand what she's saying
kys

Well i even listen to swans and death grips even though their fans are edgy and autistic cunts like you.

I love Utada but I don't think she's anywhere near Bjork.

Have you heard of a little ignored album called Exodus? Im not saying she cares for Björk levels of experimentation but what she brought for pop music was only comparable to björk and kate bush.

ToBeHonest her English albums were kinda ass in terms of songwriting (Easy Breezy) but the production was pretty forward thinking for its time. Kremlin Dusk is the exception to all of that though, that song is wonderful.

link pham?

4.5/5 tbqh, amazing album

I like Utada more than both of those but she really shouldn't be compared to either (maybe Kate). She's her own artist, as are they. Utada has a unique sound.

Yeah, Kremlin Dusk is probably my favourite Utada song, I still think Bjork is leagues ahead of her. But hey, opinions and all that.

Easy Breezy was just her being ironic, i like to think. The Workout (sounds like something arca would produce) Kremlin Dusk , Hotel Lobby and Animato are amazing. It doesnt get the recognition it deserves.

There are links everywhere on google

But I love her and love kpop
In fact if I hadn't gotten into her back when I was like ten I don't think I would have gotten into kpop years later desu

Ore no kanajo

10/10

Very fiona apple

the only thing memorable about this miserable dyke is her mustache. friendly reminder AYU has had at least 9 great songs released this decade vs uganda's 2.

she's over

So it's okay to like Japanese artists as long as you know Japanese? Thank god, guess I'm in the clear

Godtada is still the queen of general public and this bitch is flopping hard

You're a loser and so is your bitch

I'm crying right now

This is too amazing

;_;

Where do I start with her?

First Love - > Deep River - > Ultra Blue -> Heart Station -> Fantome

The other 3 albums are good but probably should be listened to last

Thanks senpai

Midsummer showers is the best song I'm confirming it

Look at this mid 2000s relic

I was looking forward to tomorrow for this but I look on my music stealing site and here it is. How does Japan time even work?

a lil underwhelming, stopped listening half way and i've yet to finish desu. if she can get more people interested in j-pop i'm all for it though

Utada is doing much better than her tho lmao

whats underwhelming? its her best work since deep river