Dark Side of the Moon of our time

Dark Side of the Moon of our time.

here you go

Thats actually Master of the Puppets of our time.

wow edgy

Colors is shit dude.

Thats objectively wrong.

Damn, that cover is even worse than the Heritage one

Last 2 albums were just really boring (although I did quite enjoy the lead single off the last one) but I might go see em again if this means they're touring. Really good set last time with hardly any new stuff polluting it, they did at least one song from every album since Morningrise. But with each new release there's more boring new material to shit it up...

>thinks Colors is bad but is posting in an Opeth thread

????

Spring mcmlxxiv is quite good.

Why are they just another generic prog band, nowadays?

that album has one of the most shit songwriting i have ever heard, this is totally dull prog
and i love prog

>he loves hurr durr muh long song-tier progressive metalcore

akerfeldt is trying to be steven wilson, but steven wilson he ain't

although he pulled it off really well on damnation so who knows. maybe he just lost it

Shittiest mix i've heard in a long time.

stop trying to defend (or even creating one) by posting this shitty image. you liike like a insecure child by doing that

You are plebbing the thread faggot.

>insecure child
No. You.

The whole band lost it.

Literally dogshit.

>not like progressive metal
>pleb
Srsly?

kys

It's an Opeth thread, it is already full plebbed

I kinda liked Heritage, despite a couple of bad songs, and Marrow of the Earth is absolutely beautiful, but I couldn't bring myself to completely sit through either PC or this thing. I guess they've really burned themselves out.

scorching hot take incoming: Will O The Wisp is a better folk song than anything from the last Sufjan album.

Do Mastodon, Opeth and Porcupine Tree even have that many odd time signatures? I mean they show up but I don't feel like the virtuoso wankery features havily in any of their music, all 3 are more focused on melody which is probably why I like them. Hell Mastodon only have like 3 long songs that I can think of. In fact it's since Opeth got more 'prog' (something Wilson's also done in his solo career) that I've started to like their output less.

Oh sorry, I mean... *tips fedora* :^)

Akerfeldt is the band m8

also, Sorceress is Blackwater Park-tier. Which means, if i were to rank their discography, it would be somewhere in the middle.

>touring with The Sword

It's over.

It's a shame, really. They used to be pretty good and unique, and nowadays they're just a shadow of their former self.

>dat lead toward the ending

The Sword is a cool band tho

Yea I actually really enjoy Heritage, and I was hoping that if they continued with this sound if would be more fully developed, instead its just feeling more and more derivative and boring with each release.

Its a real shame because some of my favorite albums are Opeth albums. Oh well, I got to see them live before their change

>mfw demon of the fall and the grand conjuration live

Yeah i watched them on Watershed tour. It was glorious.

their run from morningrise to ghost reveries is legendary (and watershed has some fantastic stuff too, i'm still eh on orchid but w/e)

but it's really time to hang it up now

Damnation > Ghost Reveries > Morningrise > Heritage > Blackwater Park > Sorceress > Still Life > Pale Communion > Deliverance > Watershed > MAYH > Orchid

fringe top 10 of the year album. anyone who says that their songwriting has gotten worse is just wrong.

but then again, i'm aware most of the people ITT are mealfags. i can't try and explain myself to you people. you just won't get it.

>Rating Still Life that low

kys

>people in an Opeth thread
>mealfags

pick one ya cretin

2/10 made me respond just for having the gall to place a greater than sign to the left of still life for any reason whatsoever, let alone this hunking great turd

oh shit negro

Still Life's highpoint is Benighted, which would be a sign of greater things to come for them. The rest of the album is basically just the slightly lesser offspring of Morningrise and Blackwater Park.

>Still Life's highpoint is Benighted

Now im triggered

AY LMAO
Morningrise > Still Life > Blackwater Park > My Arms, Your Hearse > Damnation > Deliverance > Ghost Reveries > Orchid > Heritage > Watershed > Pale Communion > Sorceress

that shit is hella fuckin striking tho

makes me feel like the world around me has come to a screetching halt

#dank

>Still Life's highpoint is Benighted
shitting monkeyniggers what is happening in here

it's a nice enough song and all but it is literally plagiarising the intro riff of a camel song, which makes it the lowpoint by default

Benighted is fucking awesome but you are still retarded. No song on their later albums is on par with Benighted, not by a fucking long shot. His lyrics have only gotten more cringe worthy and derivative

Part of what made benighted awesome was its context within the album of heavier material anyway.

ur gay m8

You are nearly there. Place Still life to the top and move ghost reveries up.

>Part of what made benighted awesome was its context within the album of heavier material anyway.

Wrong. They've always needed more Benighteds on their albums. That's part of what makes Damnation not only their best album, but one of the greatest prog albums of all time.

Don't get me wrong, they're a great metal band, but they're just that much better at atmospheric shit.

Still Life confirmed for Magnum Opus.

The Moor is ten times more atmospheric than Benighted.

Jesus fuck ... well what are the good bands? I mean you listed very successful bands and if they suck well who doesn't then?

lol you really don't know shit about atmosphere then

MAYH > Still Life > Ghost Reveries > Damnation > Blackwater Park > Morningrise > Deliverance > Watershed > Orchid

I flip flop on the top 2, I feel like Still Life is maybe better written but MAYH has that muddy sound that I just love

I couldn't give less fucks about the last 3, Cusp of Eternity was a fun song so whichever one that came from can have the coveted 'best of the worst' spot

I havent seen you make one argument aside from its just good and my opinion is fact because.

Try articulating your reasoning for the class

Cusp of Eternity is literally the worst track out of their last 3 albums.

I could say the exact same thing to you.

hey, leave Old Queensryche out of this

Heritage is underrated
debate me

overrated

What's that new Katatonia album like?

Looks like those 16 year olds have better taste than you lad :^)

I won't debate you because I agree with your statment.

Sorceress is a good album. Do I like their original work? Absolutely, but it's far from shit. I enjoy reading these posts on Cred Forums threads. It's filled with music fans who hate on any band that has more than 7 fans. Ya'll should buy property in Williamsburg.

Honestly your pic isn't even that inaccurate. Prog metal was basically all I listened to when I was 16. I still come back to bands like Leprous, Opeth and Mastodon every once in a while because my brain somehow convinced me they've made some genuinely impressive stuff back then. I can't prove it, I can't actually explain what "impressive" means from an objective point of view, but that's what it all comes down to: taste.

>muh long songs
>muh odd time sigs
>muh virtuosity
What's wrong with any of that? Let me paraphrase your argument: "You shouldn't listen these bands because, in my opinion, they just show off." No one likes posers, I give you that. And maybe DT are really just a bunch of wankers. You have to realize though, the writer's (assumed) intention is a thing between you and the artist and has nothing to do with the music.
Odd time signatures and length are musical qualities that anyone, young and old, may enjoy, especially people who play one or more instruments themselves. What do you expect "trained professionals" to do? Write the most basic type of music? Or do think they just lack emotion? Is your perception of emotion and sympathy better than ours? What are you so goddamn pissed at?

Sorry, had an autistic fit.

Serious AOTY contender. Incredible song structures, melodies, and that drumming. Never gets boring throughout.

Damn! Shots fired.

Metal music must only consist of palm muted E string gallops.

How mighty have fallen...

>some random numetal cesspool
>Dark Side of the Moon of our time.

Topkek

I think he said in an interview that he couldn't growl well anymore. Shifting to clean vocals probably pushed them towards a more prog sound.

>Sorceress
>anything remotely metal

>Opeth
>random
>numetal
>metal at all

>numetal cesspool
It's certainly a cesspool, but more of a 'yet another seventies prog rock throwback because we have no new ideas' one than a nu-metal one.

Why is all progressive music since 1990 metal or industrial or some other shit

Why don't they just do rock and roll anymore

Progressive Industrial?

How can other bands even compete?

I like Opeth but why do all of their fans speak in the most drawn-out, autistic way

Metal music only consist of idiots physically punching and kicking their instruments while the "singer" coughs loudly with his mouth completely over the microphone (and apparently that's called growling).

uwot m8?

You're a harlot.