What is your three album that changed your life Cred Forums?

What is your three album that changed your life Cred Forums?

>In an
>Aeroplane Over
>The Sea

Blurryface
Vessel
Regional at Best

>Eyedea & Abilities - By the Throat
>Sufjan Stevens - 7 Swans

Don't think I have a third one, but those two especially.

>not all three being blurryface.

kys pleb.

kanye - the college dropout (made me like hip hop)

weezer - pinkerton (made me like emo)

death grips - government plates (gave me appreciation for garbage ironically)

melt-banana - cell-scape
f(x) - red light
chumbawamba - pictures of starving children sell records

I guess I'll try to answer seriously and maybe give a little bit of reasoning why.

>SlipKnot - s/t
This was the first album I bought (or I guess my parents did) when I was young. All the songs were so angry and brutal, I'd never heard anything like it. I was instantly in love with the entire band and would go on to worship them for a bit.

>DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
I first listened to this album when I was 11 or maybe 12. It was the first time I'd give an album a full listen. It helped me realize that music could be beautiful, even if it's not something I was expecting to enjoy.

>Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss was my first introduction to Black Metal. But it was also the first album to take me on some sort of journey, if that makes sense. The only other time I'd get this feeling from music was with Filosofem, Mount Eerie and Depressive Silence II.

Wagner - Tristan und Isolde (Karajan)
Jam City - Classical Curves
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica

>Boston-Self Titled
>My Bloody Valentine-Loveless
>Aphex Twin-SAW II

turn on the bright lights
bless the martyr kiss the child
in ghost colors

>changed my life
when i got hybrid theory i was like holy shit
same for bangarang like man you dont believe how hype i got for the tracks it was unreal

other than that.. there´s no number 3 coz my number 3 is daily influence and its random songs the internet recommendations shit i see live and so on. and i dont wanna say demon days or korn´s issues coz it was cool but nothing special.

>David Bowie - Station to Station
made me re-examine davie bowie and realise that there was depth that i'd missed by just passively growing up alongside his music, and opened up a world of incredible artists through delving into his history of collaborators and influences and their influences

>Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
destroyed my naive preconceptions about jazz and opened up a new avenue, segueing into an appreciation for classical through peaking my interest in finding similarly ambitious and broad artworks

>Cartoons - Toonage
made me realise that even if you have funny hair you can still be great at what you do and that an outside look doesn't necessitate the inner worth of something or somebody

the suburbs

36 chambers

bitches brew

>In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
>Kate Bush - The Kick Inside
>Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss
tbqh

>Gorillaz - Demon Days
First album I got into
>Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit
My gateway into contemporary punk and emo specifically and non-mainstream music generally (incl. Pitchfork-level bands)
>Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
First hip-hop album I got into, helped me broaden my tastes outside of rock music

>destroyed my naive preconceptions about jazz and opened up a new avenue, segueing into an appreciation for classical through peaking my interest in finding similarly ambitious and broad artworks

>Madvillainy
First album that showed that mainstream and le edgy music isn't but the tip of the iceberg.

>Master of Puppets
First album I heard, though not in one sitting. Used to be my favorite album back when I was an edgy metal pre-teen.

>Faust
Only album that has been consistently my favorite over time.

>>destroyed my naive preconceptions about jazz and opened up a new avenue, segueing into an appreciation for classical through peaking my interest in finding similarly ambitious and broad artworks

Bleach
Nevermind
In Utero

this p much pham

>typing out Self Titled when it would've been quicker to just type Boston

The Allman Brothers Band - Live at the Fillmore East

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute

Usher - Confessions

It takes a nation of millions to hold us back
Attack of the killer B's
Psalm 69

>an

>typing Boston when it would've been quicker to just type s/t

Children of Bodom - Something Wild
Lazerhawk - Redline
Jeff Waynes - War of the Worlds

>not typing eponymous

>The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
didn't care about music at all until I overheard "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds" playing out of my brother's room

>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Indescribably beautiful, sublime, never fails to move me. One of the few art works in any medium that does that.

>Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
First electronic album I really loved, started to look beyond rock music

>Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology
got me into rock music and exploring different genres and sonic experiences in general

>Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
got me into rap music after listening to this and Reanimation

>Aphex Twin - SAWI
Heliosphan, Pulsewidth, and Ageisopolis good shit maang

k
y
s

Say Anything- is a real boy
>got me into music, got me playing guitar
Snowing- Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit
>got me to improve my finger speed, and also got me to start a midwest emo band
Radiohead- The Bends
>made me think about tone and effects, and to start trying to improve my voice

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Sigur Rós - Valtari
Bon iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E, Make Yourself & Morning View

I never really cared about music beyond a few vidya OSTs until I heard these, and I was already like 17 at the time. These got me actually listening to full albums, exploring different genres and eras

The saddest thing is I don't even really like them anymore. I mean they were definitely above their peers but I'd never listen to them out of choice.

That poppy-bubblebath
That poppy-bubblebath
That poppy-bubblebath

Wagner - Lohengrin
Wagner - Tannhauser
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

>Metallica - Master of Puppets
got me to start listening to music in my free time in middle school
>neautral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
got me started on the Cred Forums meme
>Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
the root that brought me to the music I like most today

>DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
"just listening to music I already knew what to do" was the biggest lesson I learned.
>Rites of Spring
still seems like magic to me.
>Keiji Haino in general
as well as Frith and other first wave free-improvisation artists, if I had to pick up albums - Solo Guitar by Frith and "Execration That Accept To Acknowledge" by Haino

many others

Vessel and regional at best are shit. Blurryface is good, Hometown is the best song

The Antlers - Hospice
Tyler the Creator - Wolf
>both helped get over ex, made me express emotions in a healthy way. Almost never cried before hearing the first, and the second helped me deal with anger. Might've killed myself if not for those
As for a third... Probably ITAOTS? It made me appreciate the weird kind of not-normal-good singing, which later helped me get into emo, had me start an emo band, which i am now making some good dosh with.

>Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
Got me depressed.
>Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
Got me depressed.
>Radiohead - Kid A
Got me depressed.

>Is This It - The Strokes
Shared interest in this album got me into a shitty rock band in high school. Still friends with those people and got more confident because of it and began obsession with writing music because of it.
>Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest
Helped me cope with coming out as gay. Felt really good to hear music that I liked from someone who shared similar experiences with me and made me feel normal.
>The Glow pt 2 - Microphones
Helped me cope after I got raped

>Helped me cope with coming out as gay
>Helped me cope after I got raped

kekking at your life famalam

Discovery by Daft Punk
Kid A by Radiohead
Faust self-titled

but now I've moved on to jazz and classical :/

Why did you type Bon Iver an extra time?

>Sigh no More - M&S
Album that got me into music. I remember it being the first time I intentionally listened to an entire album. Probably cemented my interest in folk music. I grew out of them pretty quickly,but Ill always remember it and occasionally go back for a listen.

>Bringing it all back home - Bob Dylan
Could be any early Dylan really, but I think this is near his best and keeps the best of folk style and electric. Dylan was the reason I earnestly picked up an instrument.

Those are the main ones I can truly say CHANGED my life, I have like plenty albums that helped me through parts of my life, but they dont have the same weight as these 2.

It IS funny isn't it?

No offence but your life sounds like a John Green book

John greens cheesy ass writing sickens me desu but thanks my dude

not really a compliment desu but no problem

>Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
First album that got me really obsessed with albums rather than songs. It aldo helped me get through all my angsty teenager years.

>Radiohead - The Bends
This album was truly a new horizon for me at the age of 18. i've started listening to all kinds of music after that.

>Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works pt. I
This was a breath of fresh air after all those years of rock/metal.my gateway album into electronic music.

Who WOULDNT want to entertain semi literate overly sentimental 15 y/o girls?

Weezer - Pinkerton

NMH - ITAOTS

Dangerdoom - The Mouse & the Mask

All of them opened me up to listen to other genres. Dangerdoom was the biggest since it slowly broke me out of listening to only mainstream radio music.

Honorable mention(s) to Boards of Canada and all the shit my dad listened to when I was a kid (Kinks, Ramones, Talking Heads, Devo)