Why do Millenials abuse the fifth to third thing in music...

Why do Millenials abuse the fifth to third thing in music? Is it because they need to have familiar things so they feel more comfortable?

youtube.com/watch?v=MN23lFKfpck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WNFVivUa1K0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_generation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking
youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=WNFVivUa1K0

This guy fucking bugs me

That time cover actually triggered me

Is it really that surprising that modern pop artists heavily draw from each other?

In some cases its groups emulating the sound of others, and in other cases its the producers behind them understanding its a tiny piece of a general formula that has proven itself successful in the current industrial popular music market.

Why did it seem like every 80s pop band used the same gated drum reverb? You can lay the blame squarely at the feet of Phil Collins and his popularity. It was a tiny piece of a formula that was successful during that particular music market.

Only tangentially related but I find the branding of the millennials as the "me me me generation" exceptionally ironic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_generation

Fucking this.

Why did everybody in the 1960s utilize Phil Spector's Wall of Sound? Because it fucking worked, tremendously, until The Beatles came to the States of course.

Millennial detected

>why is popular music popular music?

>by (((Joel Stein)))

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

When were you born?

I still don't understand the "me me me: shit when Boomers are far and away the most selfish generation.
Not saying millennials are great, but that particular criticism has no basis, to me at least.

Is this a fucking joke?

This is one of the most pleasant, common interval jumps in the history of western music. It literally takes no more than the first 20 pages of any intro to music theory book for them to talk about intervals and which among them sound pleasant.

Millennials did not come up with the concept of singing a diatonic note followed by another diatonic note 4 semitones down, for fuck's sake. It sounds good, it's always sounded good. Go away.

Outside of outright insults and generalities, whenever the characteristics of millennials are presented, they pretty much match to a tee the Baby Boomer generation. And this isn't surprising, they're pretty much in the same boat.

>Born after the end of a major political and military conflict (WWII for the Boomers, the Cold War for Millennials) and a bit after a major economic slump (the Great Depression for Boomers and the 70s/80s recession).
>Reap the benefits of post-conflict prosperity and industry boom (postwar boom for Boomers, tech/dot com boom for Millennials)
>By the time they reach adolescence and early adulthood, the generation is defined by disillusionment and related limited engagement military conflicts, with much of the youth espousing political dissent and exercising protests (the Vietnam War for the Boomers, 9/11 and the myriad of Middle Eastern conflicts for the Millennials), as well as experience a period of economic downturn (the aforementioned recessions of the 70s and 80s for the Boomer, the 2008 recession for the Millennials), both of which involve a staggering rise in the price of oil

It's a cycle. You have a decadent generation that is self-focused and eventually experiences conflict. This conflict spurs the next generation to address those problems, creating an era of prosperity and growth. The generation that is a product of this prosperity becomes complacent, decadent, and disillusioned, continuing the cycle.

The first generation digs the graves for the next, and the one after that buries both.

why is that cover edited? the original has 'why they'll save us all' as a sub-subtitle

pic related

it was gaining controversy so they added the second caption to save face

idk I guess on paper they are pretty similar, but I work with people all day and the difference in how both of these groups interact with me is pretty stark.
I know that's anecdotal and means next to nothing but I really don't think the two generations act the same at all.

Except if you live in one of the countries the USA loves to exploit (any middle eastern one for example), than basically you are always in a shitty era, while americans have their "ups and downs" on your back, these countries are suffering perpentual poverty due to America.

>newer generation grows up in society
>older generation complains about and blames new generation
>new generation gets older
>start from the top
This has always been a thing

>Stein

Attribute that to age. Wait until the twenty-somethings of today are fifty-somethings of tomorrow, and the differences may not be so clear.

Of course. That general model is based on the Anglo-American history, and only based on the past six hundred years.

I think you're painting the middle east with a large brush though. I think a country like Iran would have a roughly similar model, but then again they're one of the more developed countries in the middle east.

FUCKING MILLENNIALS FUCKING RUINING EVERYTHING. MILLENNIALS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

This. It's a trend and it happens in every medium.
The new hip thing in painting right now is sticking things to the paintings (painting's been shit for a good 100 years now, though) and glitchy stuff and mixing formats is cool in video - as is intentionally bad editing. Just what's in right now.

>Wait until the twenty-somethings of today are fifty-somethings of tomorrow, and the differences may not be so clear.
Pretty good point. I still don't think I'll be rude to servers and expect every expert to fix whatever problem I have within a week though.

Pop songs are written for the sole purpose of being catchy so their going to use 4/4, I IV vi V, and simple major scale melodies.

I dont see why everyone has to get angry about it though. Not all music is going to be wondrous pieces of art that reflect deeply on the human psyche.

There's plenty of music out there that isn't mainstream pop so why not make an effort to go listen to /watch live/ support the music you do love rather than spend time getting worked up about how most of the population actually aren't to bothered by music and are happy to listen to whatever 5 singles are on radio loop this month.

i like this answer.
you fucking old faggots on Cred Forums are literally the worst and i feel sorry for you

I feel sorry for you, you are the one who grew up sorrounded by cameras 24/7. If I were you, I would be dumb and angry too

oh look and youre paranoid too lol. anything else u wanna add, you irrelevant tosser

You find truth triggering?

>millennials are the worst amirite
youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

Why does the current generation always get so much hatred? There are articles written in the 70's about how terrible the baby boomers were, articles from the 90's about how terrible generation X were, and now this, and they're all saying relatively the same thing. I'm not even mad, I just think it's weird.

>implying more than 5% of Cred Forums isn't millenial

It's something definitely having to do with human behavior. It's much easier to blame a new generation that is vastly different than it's predecessor, but styles, societal norms, and such change. They've always changed. The older generation is going to cling to the "good ol days" when they thought they were right and that the new generation fucked everything up. Is this even true though, seeing as this is just a pattern of human behavior?

Even Time knows I should kill myself.

What if it is the sound of KEK resonating through the popular culture conciousness?

Y'know... It does sort of sound like

K-EEE K-EEE K-EEE K-EEE KEK

Y'know?

Millennials are current anymore.
They are DADS now.

it's the koreans.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

> going from one note in a triad to another note in a triad

I hate to break this to you, but the fifth and third are two very important notes in a scale. This "trend" has been going on for hundreds of years

the baby boomers were and are terrible

Would G E G fit in the millennial whoop?

K is the 11th alphabet, starting from A.
If we transfer that the semitone wheel starting from A then the 11th note is G?
And E is of course E.

G E G(KEK)

And GEG is also KEK in spurdo.

Every other generation is bad. The silent generation and generation X were relatively pretty good, the baby boomers and the millenials, not so much.

kek

>Being a Memellennial unironically