Board hates on EDM

>board hates on EDM
>pretends hip hop is good

Is this the pinnacle of Cred Forums irony?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=optsxcK-44s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOuL9_lZ_E
youtube.com/watch?v=ajk0kEi41Vc&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think the board hates all electronic music in general. I think they just hate the generic cookiecutter EDM that you only sounds good when you're rolling on molly at a music festival.

White guilt.

It's big in America.

>implying all EDM isn't generic and cookiecutter

same as all memerap then

>implying you're not a 14 year old rockist

EDM is the worst subgenre of electronic music.

No, that's memerap. Well it's a tie to be fair.

That's what I meant...

Dance music = hip hop
EDM = memerap

You're misusing Irony you cunt

How?

but bleep exists

That's probably because hip hopis a massive genre with varying styles and sounds, while EDM is the complete opposite of that.

EDM, at least in modern-day America, refers almost exclusively to the run-of-the-mill garbage you hear at every rave. It's barely even a umbrella term for specific genres like techno, DnB, dubstep, etc., anymore.

As much as some idiots here would actively hate to believe, hip hop isn't as generic or regurgitating they would like to believe. Anyone who actually listens to hip hop would understand this.

/bleep/ don't talk about EDM

Dance music is for dancing
Ambient/noise/drone is boring
IDM is pretentious wanky garbage

If you listen to bleeps at home you need to off yourself

>inb4 hurr leave u fuggin rockist repetative instrumental dance music is the FUTURE

the fuck is bleep?

Hip hop is just EDM with more vocals.

troll detected

IDM

Yeah, I dance my ass off everytime Runaway comes on.

Is a meaningless term used by Americans and dumb Cred Forumstants used to feel falsely superior.

I love this meme.

The majority of hip hop is electronically produced music for dancing too.

>people listening to shit electronic music hating on another group of people for listening to shit electronic music

Nope

No, it's an umbrella term to describe electronic music that isn't edm.

It was never that.

>Tycho, Chvrches and Stockhausen are now IDM

Find a genre to describe autechre that's not IDM.

I never liked either desu

That doesn't make everything electronic not EDM somehow IDM

He's not arguing that Autechre isn't IDM, you retard.

Shit tier argument. You can dance to any music.

It defo bothers me that Random Album Title is hovering at like a 3.0 on RYM. I don't really know anything about deadmau5 outside of that besides the stupid hat and dumb album names, and from what little I have heard I'm gonna keep it that way. But that album is clearly a genre classic.

>"edm"
>posts fucking deadmau5
quality thread you've started here friend

>You can dance to any music.
lmao, either you think all music has post-African repetitions or you're making some autistic tautology about how you can technically "dance" to anything

Either way, off yourself

>But that album is clearly a genre classic.
In what garbage fucking genre would that tedious snoozefest be considered a classic?

He is quintessential EDM tho

literally everything discussed in /bleep/ is EDM

If you mean prog-house, that goes to Leftfield - Leftism. But they aren't EDM.

We've always loved Kanye, we always will. Why? Because we know him for his music.

None of it is

EDM, at least in modern-day America, refers almost exclusively to the run-of-the-mill garbage you hear at every rave, sponsored by Monster Energy Drinks.

Which is on par with EDM, like all memerap.

your gay and so is you're mum

Heh, funnily enough I've been listening to that and dubnobasswithmyheadman al week. And yeah of course it's THE classic. But I still think RAT is fucking good, kinda sad that it doesn't get its due

>EDM, a literal acronym for electronic dance music, is something different because muh elitism
Keep trying to distance yourselves from those evil normies :^)

any electronic music that is intended for drinking/doing drugs/dancing/partying etc. is EDM.

/bleep/ talks about clubbing all the time. they don't sit and listen to their music intently with headphones, they just DANCE to it. electronic DANCE music.

>your gay and so is you're mum
What kind of retarded genre is that?

>buaaa people like hip hop buaaaa, mommy tell them to stop liking things I don't like MEME! MEME!

>frogposters

See

>bleep

m.youtube.com/watch?v=optsxcK-44s

It really is.

you have nothing to say, kiddo. Fuck off

See
And
Irony.

>Those tattoos
>That shit fashion

jesus i mean i guess deadmau5 is richer than me but damn that look is so autistic

At least Kanye kept it minimal

The edm scene today is pretty much just using edm as background music to pop molly and have sex

FUCK BLEEP

replace "edm" with "trap"

trap is EDM

is trap /bleep/?

if you removed the rapping they would probably love it

Are you seriously pulling the 'kids these days' card? It was exactly the same in the 90s you fucking spanner. Don't try and pretend rave culture was somehow purer or about enlightenment or any other such bollocks, you'll make me vomit. Use the valid criticism that the actual music back then was better, don't cheapen it with your faux-spiritual nonsense you utter wasteman

I agree with you on that, trap is really uncreative nowadays and has overstayed its welcome. But there is hiphop that is musically interesting, just as there is edm that is interesting. EDM gets a bad rap here because it's earned a reputation for being cookiecutter festival music. I've been listening to electronic music recently and I think that Jon Hopkins, Pantha du Prince, and Kiasmos are all really good acts (although I'm not sure if most people here would call them edm as opposed to techno.)

they already love rap though, they just call it "grime" and "footwork"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOuL9_lZ_E

Techno or glitch

fuck off you ignorant cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=ajk0kEi41Vc&app=desktop

Seriously though, I've been browsing this board now for about 5 months and I still don't know what the fuck /bleep/ is. Can somebody actually explain it?

it's the edm + british people + /r9k/ refugee + electronic music meme containment thread

Its for European club music discussion.

Go look at Resident Advisor website, its basically an extension of that.

EDM > hip hop

>I think they just hate the generic cookiecutter EDM that you only sounds good when you're rolling on molly at a music festival.
Such a waste of MDMA though. Nothing is better than dancing to actually good electronic music/IDM/whatever on pure MDMA. Honestly, even when I'm on hard stimulants I can barely tolerate that Martin Garrix kind of shit.

Martin Garrix new shit is very good tbqh.

>5 months
N E W
E
W E W