Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

spinditty.com/instruments-gear/Tube-Amp-vs-Solid-State-Which-Best-Guitar-Amp-You
youtube.com/watch?v=NBvjFhwCZAE
vocaroo.com/i/s1Dsc3b2fz7W
clyp.it/jdqcntm1
i.imgur.com/IqdyuWt.png
vocaroo.com/i/s0TvqDtsBo2e
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvQOPUHGH8
youtube.com/watch?v=1PjFKrX_55Q
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj6_-_AxbHPAhUB4WMKHeHVB_cQtwIIKDAC&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77YwTG21L4&usg=AFQjCNGdc30ta3XplmND62lQFQzabrDQFw&sig2=Gio-4d9va2s6c5LneyNPhg&bvm=bv.134052249,d.cGc
youtube.com/watch?v=fmWQXknDE88
youtube.com/watch?v=cdQh26ovW0Y
play.riffstation.com/?v=cdQh26ovW0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hzjDrdtP0-s
stepanrak.cz/technique-stepan-rak.html
youtu.be/dtLUtcmJk0Q
reverb.com/item/3133631-line-6-dl4-delay-modeler
discord.gg/nsksj
ebay.com/itm/like/401173176900?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
discord.gg/M2CKZ
youtube.com/watch?v=GL1MtiZQ9ns
youtu.be/D1hYbd3ebPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WfHkvUolcBA
discord.gg/9MKcGT8
discordapp.com/channels/230688437374681088/230688437374681088
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool pedal art?

It's pretty neat.

>being a pedalfag

that's really cool

is it nice, /gg/?

Double cutaway Les Paul's are douchebag-tier.

Anyone have one of these? They have Vox branding and a tube in the preamp but they're digital modeling.

okay can someone give me a good video/article that explains tube and solid state amps like im a kid? I want to get a new amp and don't know anything about them (I currently own a fender frontman 15G).

Thanks

no. only good vox amps are a615/ac30

This. Just get an ES-335 if you like the body shape.

>He doesn't have an AC4C1

Shit I meant

Tube amps have a maintenance cost associated with them, because tubes are wear parts. A lot of people like they way they sound, though, especially when they start to saturate and break up when driven hard. Solid state amps will usually have enough headroom on the power section that you don't get outright transistor clipping, because transistor clipping sounds harsh and terrible.

Tube amps are heavier, in terms of how many pounds they weigh. There are solid-state amps which do digital modeling to approximate the "warmth" (presence of lower frequencies) that tubes have, as well as the compression that tubes naturally impart at higher volumes (which is to say that there's less difference between a loud note and a quieter note when you crank the knob). Tube amps are typically more expensive. Tubes are a much older technology. There are solid-state amps which have tube preamplifiers, so they've got a degree of that compression and warmth and nice "creamy" or "smooth" distortion when you drive the preamplifier a little harder.

There are a lot of very, very good solid-state amplifiers. There are even more bad ones. There are a lot of good tube amplifiers, and a lot of bad ones. The most important differences come down to comparing two specific amplifiers.

spinditty.com/instruments-gear/Tube-Amp-vs-Solid-State-Which-Best-Guitar-Amp-You

Are there any guitarists who put vibrato on every note similar to how a violinist would? for example something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBvjFhwCZAE

Whenever I try to do that it just doesn't sound right, and In not sure I've heard anyone else do it either. Not sure if its just because guitar vibrato isn't suited to it, or it's just not tradition or what.

Does anyone else here not learn theory because it stifles creativity and streamlines everyone into unoriginality?

>the new bigsby jazzmasters

whoa

Any places to torrent Ampltiube 4? KAT is dead, and piratebay has nothing.

>piratebay has nothing.

oh really

I'm already too deep in theory to unlearn everything, unfortunately

I only started playing to emulate my idols tbqf so that's ok

Amplitube 3, windows btw, I did see 4 for OSX

I can't even read notation.
I barely even know what 3rds and 5ths are. (I think...)

I have a vt40+ which I got from a buddy on the way cheap. The cleans (clean, cali, blues) sound freaking great, but the distortion and high gain effects are junk. You can definitely tell that part is digital. I would spend my money on a mono price tub amp (laney cub clone) and get some pedals.

If you just play in your house/record, do yourself a favor and buy bias fx instead.

I really don't know why people think this. Theory is just like using a cookbook. If a recipe calls for cilantro and you hate that shit, then you use some other ingredient that you do like instead. That's just obvious, no one makes food they don't like because a cookbook forced them to.

Cookbooks are fundamentally creative guides. Having foundational knowledge that allows you to substitute, modify, and experiment to achieve results that are pleasing to your taste IS creativity.

Theory is no different, it can't force you to make music you don't like or make you do shit the same way anyone else does. It's up to you how creative you are and whether you box yourself in or not.

post your glorious american guitars

Theory doesn't do that.

Got none.

>Actually framing that

fucking lmao you blooze lawyers sure are something

is ok mate, post american guitars you want to get some day

dang right i framed it. it means a lot to me.

i really don't know why anyone wouldn't want to understand the basic fundamentals of theory

you don't need to go full jazz fusion holdsworth autistic level of theory, but understanding the fundamentals is not going to stifle anything. you want to know what it's most likely going to do? it's going to make you realize you don't know a fucking thing about guitar or music.

>Gretsch Double
More like doublemint gum

I love it

Yeah, that's my favorite.

Ayo boyos. Been trying to make my own muting system for my J and P Basses from a household but I can't seem to find that sweet spot, anyone got any tips for how to get there? Some dude told me to cut horisontal lines in to the sponge where the strings can rest, would this be legit?

household sponge*

>tfw only payed 600 for the whole rig

You didn't win the lottery. You didn't get ripped off either. Nobody wants 2015 Gibsons. LPM is step down from Studio.

once i replaced the nut and had the robot shit taken off im actually really enjoying this guitar.

I didnt even have to pay for a new nut, gibson sent me one after i called and asked.

Never said it was a bad guitar, people just didn't want the robotuner and retardo nuts.

It's a heavy axe with that maple neck though.

>people just didn't want the robotuner

I've never understood this, are people that proud of the fact that they can tune their own guitar? Unless it doesn't work well just seems convenient.

this is actually really accurate, good job user

anyway i hope this is bait. ALL good artists understand theory, i guarantee you. there's a story about hendrix where he was talking to somebody who understood theory (forget who, some jazz guy i think), and the other guy was explaining some concepts to him, and it turned out he already knew what the guy was talking about, he just hadn't learned it in formal terms

i guarantee you any musician you love knows theory, whether on a conscious or unconscious level. it's absolutely retarded to actually think that musicians are randomly picking notes and chords without any reference

Added weight. Also this ugly lump.

when i had them on that lpm they often had real stability issues and were just intuitive. Once someone comes out with a GOOD robotuner that doesnt tack on $300 that is actually more convenient than tuning then i would be down to use them.

they weigh like a couple ounces, weight was never a real issue when i had my robotuners.

A couple of ounces added weight to the headstock is why an Epiphone SG will neck dive like a motherfucker compared to the relatively stable Gibson SG.

>are people that proud of the fact that they can tune their own guitar?

holy shit 10/10 sides are in orbit

>being such a shit guitarist you literally need the guitar to tune itself

Post your glorious chinese guitars.

What's in that frame

>Painting the bottom
Why even bother? Who's gonna see it besides you and the guy who buys it?

I picked up some cheap knobs on Amazon to see if a little bit of color looks good on this guitar. What do you guys think?

Indonesian, but whatever.

Darker translucent blue would've looked better

That was my thought too, but I couldn't find any dark blue speed knobs. I paid $4 for these, I figured it would be a good test. If I look them awesome; if I like color but not these specifically then I'll go get some custom JAT knobs or something dumb.

Forgot to add, I may try to rit dye these darker and see how the come out

>been playing guitar for 17 years
>don't like guitar music anymore
JUST

Yeah they still look good. $4 is a great deal.

That's too bad. Can I have your stuff?

Get into shoegaze and play pedals instead

>be in band practice
>in between songs, always throwing random licks around while people are talking
>don't realize i'm doing this all the time
>band leader messages me and tells me to stop doing that
>tfw realize i'm becoming 'that' guy
>tfw realize how fucking unaware of my surroundings i am.

>tfw I get bored of playing regular guitar stuff and just turn all my reverbs and fuzzes on at max and cum all over Kevin Shields' face

no
no

I do have a question tho:

I'm at the point where if i'm going to continue with guitar I want to get serious with classical/spanish music. I've been playing on a nylon finger picking for 5+ years, learning mozart, chopin making my own stuff etc. Is it too late for me to start taking up classical lessons? I'm 22

I lol'd pretty damn hard at this. Thanks user

when I ask this, obviously I mean the biggest hurdle being, learning to read sheet music efficiently, I have almost no experience aside from snare throughout middle/high school

>mfw the pedal I ordered comes in the mail while I was away at work.

There have been people using FretWraps©
Those are crazy expensive for what amounts to only a velcro wrap with a plastic piece holding it together. I've been meaning to test out muting by using plain wire velcro wraps. Not cheap, albeit you pay for higher quanity.

What'd you get user?

vocaroo.com/i/s1Dsc3b2fz7W

gonna dump a project i'm working on for the hell of it. its melodeath, my first take at mixing and recording.

>pic related
I had it on my list of effects to pick up. After I had picked up a wah pedal, an user had suggested to me about a whammy pedal.
Rage Against the Machine type of music try playing.
I've been studying and practicing to put together solo playing in the future on bass guitar. This pedal will help add a layer of sound I wouldn't be able to achieve on my own.
Starting to form a band with bass + drums + keyboard, so it's about to get funky.

quick user, you must post your guitar straps or your waifu will never be real

I've been thinking about getting one, the 2nd mode is god fucking like on both guitar and bass.

But I already had a WH-4 and I fucking hated it

What did you turn your head to?
I'll admit, I picked this one out because of a band mate owning the original one. He only used the octave raiser, but it seemed like something interesting to have.
Funny thing is, that was his second one, first came in the mail and had a bad power adapter. Now our drummer had possession of the first one, tried pawning it.
>store had too many pedals, declined it.
And gave it to me. Adapter was fine, only had to jiggle around to turn on.
Couldn't get it working with my bass unfortunately, frequencies I think. So now I have a $200 paper weight sitting on my shelf waiting.
>blog

Shell pink bass- post it, duderino

The bassist for chuck-e-cheese's, everyone

Ayy, another melodeath user. That's pretty damn good for your first time mixing, and the riff is pretty dope. You should upload to clyp.it for higher quality

clyp.it/jdqcntm1
Here's a melodeath thing I did a while ago

having to press the on button and then work the treadle was too much of a hassle, I hear these are much better though in that regard

and quite honestly I'm not the kind to give a shit about "m-muh tone bypass" but the buffer on it sucked ass and it really shat all over my tone when not engaged.

Made in Mexico '06 Fender Jazz, refinished.

I must admit your reference went over my head user.

I like the black birds one, user.

p legit

>tfw strap is just a plain black polypro

Hey /gg/.

I have been playing for about 2 months now and Im curious on where to go next.
Atm I am just playing songs, and on occasion trying out new techniques I see in video lessons.
I am not the greatest,but I im making progress,however I feel there is so much im missing out on.

What is my next step? ( I want to be able to compose my own songs one day)

Thanks, just picked it up over the weekend.
Both are LEVYS, I prefer the bird strap over the other. It's made of cotton and rests more comfortably on my shoulder while the other cuts into me and leaves marks after I'm done playing

I think you should just feel the patterns in the music you listen to and try some simple progressions. Write down your ideas on paper so you find something meaningful to sing about, too.

2 months is new as hell m8. Just keep learning songs you like, try to gradually increase the difficulty. Work on improving technique. Don't forget to practice with a metronome.

>using a strap

Howdy, Cred Forums. Been playing guitar (acoustic and electric) for about 7 years now, and recently decided to pick up the mandolin.

Anybody have any experience switching from guitar to mandolin? So far it's been pretty disorienting and confusing, and I've noticed that my fingers are actually sore for the first time in years since mandolin strings are such higher tension than guitar strings.

After almost a week of playing, this is the best I can do. I'm still really clumsy on it, the fret size is tough to get used to, but I feel like I'm coming along fairly quickly: i.imgur.com/IqdyuWt.png

pictured: the mandolin i impulsively bought after becoming inexplicably obsessed with Punch Brothers and Chris Thile in general

>sitting down on stage

oh wow wtf, that was the wrong link. shit.

vocaroo.com/i/s0TvqDtsBo2e

>not shitting during your show while sitting on the stage

also didn't upload a picture

holy shit, i'm drunk

russian bombs want to date me?

what about russian bombs? and i mean sure, let's go out. drinks thursday?

oh god fucking dammit, russian bombs were in the picture i posted by accident

i can't fucking do anything right, can i

i mean do u still wanna date me though? cause i don't descriminate

I'm a spoken word poet who fucks around with looper pedals on my guitar. if you're interested in kinda ambient stuff, feel free to check my stuff out.

speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases

are you ok user?

also
L O N D O N ?

I'm getting by. I could probably do with drinking less and smoking fewer cigarettes, but I mean who couldn't

T E N N E S S E E

i guess that explains the mandolin

learn to play "cold beer" m80 youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvQOPUHGH8

Decent cheap recording setup for acoustic guitar? looking for around $60 total.

This is the most Nu-Male thing I've ever heard in my life.

It's never too late to start learning.

I'm 20, I've been into guitar for years, and only now found a good teacher. Just do what you like with your life. Don't use stupid excuses like too late. Find a good teacher and practice your ass off.

it does indeed explain the mandolin

also that song hits extremely close to home, i'm borderline alcoholic. i will learn it and play it until my liver explodes

ill take it thats bad?

hey i'm friends with alot of his friends, he's not bad

maybe don't try to copy mewithoutyou vocals so much?

too little for an audio interface and an XLR mic, you're gonna be stuck with a USB mic
for 60$ you can get a good one and a stand if it needs it

oh dude that hurts. I'm not even a fan of them. idk, that's just my "emotional" speaking voice.

I'm guessing that's what you're going for so maybe it's not bad. You just sound like a huge pussy, no offense.

Kind of reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=1PjFKrX_55Q

cringing hard. but thank you for the honest input. i just try to be emotional with my delivery but my higher pitched voice dosint help. I'm a young fag but hopefully as I get older my voice will drop. what do you think of the instrumentals?

mewithoutyou sort of pioneered that "emotional speaking voice" so if you speak-sing with emotion, you're gonna sound like aaron weiss

also why don't you like them? i feel like almost any modern emo would take heavy influence from them

and whether or not you like them, similar sounding vocals or not, you shouldn't be offended by a comparison to one of the greatest and most influential bands of the genre. that's just arrogant, honestly

you can quit if you want to, you know.

i was in the same place a few years ago

my bad. i wasn't trying to inflict disrespect onto the band, its just not my personal taste. i understand what they did for emo and i appreciate it greatly, just not my thing.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj6_-_AxbHPAhUB4WMKHeHVB_cQtwIIKDAC&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77YwTG21L4&usg=AFQjCNGdc30ta3XplmND62lQFQzabrDQFw&sig2=Gio-4d9va2s6c5LneyNPhg&bvm=bv.134052249,d.cGc

my kind of emo

youtube.com/watch?v=fmWQXknDE88

What do I need to practice in order to play like this? I've already got his accent so i just need the guitaring part

Holy fucking SHIT this guy needs voice lessons BADLY

On the other hand, if he doesnt get lessons hopefully his voice will get fucked up by the time hes 35 and he'll never make these shitty emo two chord 4/4 songs again.

Finger strength, hammer-ons and using your acoustic as a faux drum. Some minor tapping in there, but we're not talking EVH style.

shitty emo band pioneered speech-singing?

have you fucking heard of broadway? Theyve been doing it for a hundred years.

Have you heard of recitative? Theyve been doing it since god damn medieval times.

Have you heard of gregorian chant? Fucking monks on a hill talking in pitch to God.

Kill yourself if you think your shitty emo band has any innovative skills whatsoever, let alone talent. Theres a reason they are looked down upon.

these faggots make me cringe, hard

It just had to be some weird ass shitty offset guitar.

>speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases

you write well
you dont speak well

how do improve annon? advice would be greatly loved

Not him, but your voice buried so deep in the mix you could make fart noises much to the same effect.

How do I begin to create my own music on guitar?

I don't want to just copy other people's shit, I want to make my own. I know what a scale is and how to make it, but I don't know how that actually translates onto guitar.

>2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom

I kinda wanted that to happen near the end, but if that's a problem in the beginning its due to poor recording equipment along with inexperience

>Gretsch G5125
>basically a G5120 but with good USA DeArmond pickups
>made in Peerless factory
>picking up from local cl guy for $300 today

Did I do good, /gg/? I could save up for something nicer but I find Gretsches super comfy and this seems like by far the cheapest way I can get this sorta sound.

whoop wrong picrel

Gretsch makes top tier.

How the fuck do you get tabs for this if it doesnt exist on google?

I really need this

youtube.com/watch?v=cdQh26ovW0Y

Are sites like these accurate? That just seem to show the notes from listening

play.riffstation.com/?v=cdQh26ovW0Y

Someone pls help me

some specific nit picks
you sometimes drift into nigger speech saying "mah" instead of my. but you have no problem pronouncing "i" (ee) in other words. be consistent with your inflections.
you also drift in and out of rhythms. sometimes you force the rhymes like a white boi attempting to rap, and other times you rush through some of the best-written text.
Study not only means observe, it means attempt to replicate. Practice these things with your vocal instrument.
Study what user posted above, broadway, classical recitative, and gregorian chant.

In addition, I recommend studying impressions, and mimic stereotypical accents. Ebonics, Spanish, Arab. What makes British sound different than Australian? Learn the speech patterns to better understand your American accent.

Also recommend studying Rap music. Any big names are fine, 50 cent, eminem, jay Z, especially Mos Def. but pay attention to how they emphasize vowels and words. Ludacris is notorious for his emphasis on words. Listen to his song Saturday. Watch Def Jam Poetry to see how rap is applied to spoken word.

If you aren't familiar with the International Phonetic Alphabet, then study the absolute FUCK out of that. It basically an index of every sound you can possibly use in speech.

All these things are meant to show you how to use vowels, which is the main weakness you have. An excercise you can do right now is go through them (ee eh ah oh oo) forewards and backwards, try not to move your jaw or change lip position. On top of all this, if you can, get some vocal lessons. Your voice is an instrument and it helps to get professional training. Ask about developing your vocal timbre.

lastly, copy paste this and review it every once and awhile.

Again, you are attempting to be a writer AND a performer. As a writer, you obviously know what you're doing, but as a vocalist, you need to develop more skills.

Learn to speak into the mic, too. And spell check your work.

>How the fuck do you get tabs for this if it doesnt exist on google?
You learn it by ear

Make /gg/ Cred Forums again.

>tfw this model doesn't come in orange

*cringes

I burst out laughing as soon as you opened your mouth.
was right, you're nu-male as fuck

Anyone have any tips on finger picking with all five fingers? I'm trying to learn Alesund by Sun Kil Moon and realizing how little coordination my ring and pinky fingers have.

>spending this much on guitars
>still doesnt know hand anatomy
>literally says the problem is coordination
>still doesnt know how to work his own problems
kys before its too late

>2 strats

For what purpose?

>spending this much on guitar
It's pretty much my only hobby
>still doesn't know hand anatomy
>literally says the problem is coordination
Yes I know that I just need to slow it down and practice a shit ton, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on technique or anything with this stuff.
The black one was my first guitar. It's a really lousy affinity Squier so I got the MIM Fender.

this

>Gee Billy, TWO swollen pickels?

That site shows you the basic chords so you can strum along a simplified version while you sing if that's all you want to do. And yeah, the chords are accurate. I doubt there's a site that automatically translates songs into tablature though

I'll give you a bit of the intro since I have nothing else to do right now. Sounds like he's tuned half a semitone below standard

|-----------0-----------0---------------3-----3p1p0--------
|------------------1-----------1-------------------------------
|--------2-----------2-----------2--0--0-----0--------------
|----------------------------------------------------------------
|-0-------------------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------------------------------------

Repeat that a bunch. And the one time it changes to an F chord:

|-----------1-----------1---------------3-----3p1p0--------
|------------------1-----------1-------------------------------
|--------2-----------2-----------2--0--0-----0--------------
|-3------------------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------------------------------------

thank you.

you should make the whole song and put it on tabs.ultimate-guitar. I think lot of people will appreciate it

Kek I get this everytime I post my board.

Bro you realize you only need one guitar in order to make music right

so why?

Can you make this one too?

youtube.com/watch?v=hzjDrdtP0-s

Who told you this?

Gibsons are mostly shit, save for some acoustics

I think you should blow that kind user, to be honest.

Aside from what everyone else has said... depending on where you live and where you gig, tube amps are possibly a waste of money. They don't give off 'the sound' that people associate with tubes until cranked to a level that is too much for an average house or smallish gig venue. If you have a tube amp and can only set it to 3-4, its not worth it in the slightest. Also with gigging, you're meant to leave a tube amp alone for a few minutes after turning it off, as moving it whilst the tubes are still warm can damage shit. Most gigs make you take your equipment offstage immediately which isn't good for a tube amp. If you have the ability to crank them, they're great though. Not necessarily better than solid state, depending on the brand/price/personal preference.

There's only a few guys that really excel at picking with the pinky and even then the result are patchy

Getting a decent tone is really difficult due to the weird angle to the string the pinky ends at due to its shorter length.

The big name was Stepan Rak who's a Czech classical guitarist - I had lessons with him when he did a residency at my uni, but I could never get it to work.

Check it out for yourself:
stepanrak.cz/technique-stepan-rak.html

Make an account at rutracker.org, its the best for VST's. I'd recommend BIAS over Amplitube, but Amplitube is there if you want it

A friend traded me his swollen pickle for a big muff. I have the internal pots completely clockwise on one and counterclockwise on the other, so they sound very different.
Yeah but I like to use a bunch of different tunings so it's easier having a bunch of different guitars.
I don't use scales to come up with music. I just start playing notes with a general feeling in mind and try and translate what I want in my head on to the guitar, but when you have a melody you like, knowing the key it's in and the corresponding scale gives you all the notes that will sound good with that melody.
Thanks man, checking it out.

Wait so I guess pinky isn't normally used, so I guess stuff like:
youtu.be/dtLUtcmJk0Q
Doesn't require pinky then? I just figured he was using it because of the verse part where he plays a bass note followed by a quick four note run.

reverb.com/item/3133631-line-6-dl4-delay-modeler

is this Line 6 Delay for $50 worth it if i get it repaired?

Nothing on that sounds like it needs any extended techniques.

Thumb and 3 fingers are fine

There is a ton of really cool stuff you can do with this pedal, and a lot of people use it, but it does slightly change your sound when its on because the adc/dac isn't amazing. It's so cheap it hardly matters though. You should probably try and find one that's working though because that sounds like it could be an unfixable issue.

So yesterday I asked if there was a Discord chat for /gg/ and I got womped, so I made one for us. Tell us your gear, need help with shit, got some hot shit to show us?

discord.gg/nsksj

I dig it, will join when I get home.

thanks man ive been wanting a Delay uprade from my Behringer and i was looking at this and a used boss DD-7

I've never used the platform but what does it offer that /gg/ does not?

As a general rule of thumb, Boss pedals will last longer than any other type of pedal. The DL4 is notorious for having switches that will fail, which isn't a problem if you have some basic electronics/soldering skills.
Have you ever used TeamSpeak? It's basically that. If not it's basically a server that you can go on and talk (over voice or text).

basically live and on the spot chat, plus offers voice chat. desu I don't even usually go in /prod/ threads anymore because the/prod/ discord answers me on the spot for the little things

Would it be a good idea to assemble my own dream Ric 4003? I've always wanted a Montezuma Brown 4003 but they're rare and are usually sold for over $2,000. If I buy this shell for $800 how much more would it be to fully assemble?
ebay.com/itm/like/401173176900?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

getting aftermarket Rickenbacker parts is a pain in the dick, especially the wiring

won't be cheap user, but it shouldn't be more than a new Rick would cost you

So, does anyone else see the demon face behind Bob? Right above the headstock

>Around 6 years, I guess. Not really sure.
>Good guitars.
>all depression era blues
>Solo album, playing all instruments. Blues.
>I don't understand

If you are still around can you post a new invite code?

It's the original hang tag. It's an important document, sort of like a guitar birth certificate. I framed it because I think it looks cool and keeps it safe. I'd never sell the guitar, but if I did I would need that tag if I wanted a good price on it.

I'm thinking of getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded 2016 T. Anyone got any experience with these? Nobody sells les pauls for an okayish price in my area, so used is pretty much out of the question.

Just this one. Pretty happy with my mexican, korean and jap gits.

Gibson Studio Ts are like MiM Fenders. They're ok but you'll always have the feeling of "missing something" when you play it and you'll want to upgrade the pickups at least. I owned a SG studio, LP Goldtop studio and a SG Studio T with minihumbuckers and Ive wanted to upgrade the pickups on all

>red string on natural finish
MY EYES
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE THE OTHER WAY

Are there any guitar lesson series i can watch for free?
I am a beginner by the way, thanks for your attention.

Yeah, it's called Youtube, faggot.

Natural wood colored strings on a red finish?

Excellent meme

I used to alternate red and blue. Next time I restring it I'll have to do so again for maximum triggerability.

pic kinda sorta related

My bad, forgot to set will not expire

discord.gg/M2CKZ

that was posted on r/DIYPedals and the guy said his GF painted it for him

>tfw my
>gf
>will never paint one of my pedals

fug

like our drummer...
god fuck people like you

i really do hope you apologize to them all properly.

CAN ANYONE FUCKING ANSWER ME
AM I INSANE OR WHAT

Take your pills.

Looks more like an Ayyyy LMAO

Yeah, that shit sucks. My bassist does it all the time and has the gall to get annoyed when we tell him to shut the fuck up so we can talk. He thinks that since his frequencies are so low it shouldn't interrupt conversation. Typical bassist dumbassery

As some others have said(and also provided excellent examples), the pinky isn't generally used.
It's speculated that some composers like Heitor Villa Lobos may have used their pinkys on occasion, but none his music requires it.
The pinky is a weaker finger, the nail often has a strong curve to it, which makes it sound small, bright, and unpleasent even when shaped.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do was get fingers to move (anatomically completely as possible) independently of each other.

>musicians playing licks which you could use to write a song around it
>SHUT UP WE'RE TALKING HERE! WE CAME HERE TO TALK NOT TO PLAY MUSIC WHAT THE FUCK

I'm guilty of playing riffs on my bass when we're not doing anything, but I reserve the right to be annoyed when our guitarist does the same with his loud-ass amp that almost sounds worse than he does. Not like he really needed to practice those bar chords between songs anyway.

I'm just thankful there's only one guitarist

Should I save up for an AVRI or just get this?

Is this satire?

Obnoxious practice wanker detected

Just turn your volume down to match conversation or better yet wank without any volume. Everyone will hate you a little bit less and your ideas might be taken more seriously

Wow your guitar player is lucky to have you as a friend!

Yeah, he is. He's a helpless nu-male who can't even change a string without asking for help.

sounds like half of the posters here

I wish, user, I wish, I'm retarded when it comes to buying guitars desu. I just know I like the way Jazzmasters sound and I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money

These are fine for the price, honestly.

Main difference is the fretboard radius and trem position but I don't think you'll care about either if you're new on Jazzmasters.

Get the Xavier one

the Xaviere sounds nothing like a Jazzmaster

JM pickups aren't P90s.

Okay so I know that as time passes the Quality Control of guitars gets better, but in this case I am looking at acquiring a 1994 MIM Fender Strat for USD 300. Do yall think it's worth it? For reference everything plays well, feels good, no problems with it (aside from a string change and professional setup).

>aside from a string change and professional setup

oh boy here we go again.

>>all depression era blues

Mah nigga.

Anyone have experience with these? I have an option to buy this for $500 and I know Brad Shultz of Cage The Elephant uses one and that's similar to the sound I'm going for

Try to get it for $250-275 and buy new pickups

user please tell me what model that is. I need it in my life.

How do I get the Scotty Moore sound?

The only man to make playing a Tele look cool.

Mr. Roy Buchanan

I am interested if anyone here has an feedback. I am working on a new technique of manipulating harmonics, and since this guitar general I figured it'd be the best place to post. Let me know your thoughts. youtube.com/watch?v=GL1MtiZQ9ns

You've clearly never seen someone try to tune their guitar on stage then have it decide to break.

I have an Epiphone LP Special II, any recommendations for upgrades? I was thinking of getting better pickups, but I figured I'd see if anyone had other suggestions. I'm not really sure what tone I'm after, but I like a sort of heavy-but-bright sound. I'm thinking I'll probably get some thicker gauge strings too.

Delay and tremolo pedal, that's it

Buy one of these and get an AVRI bridge for it. (or a Staytrem if you want an even better bridge)

Nope.

Are there some bridges that just can't be worked with to fix the intonation on an instrument? I spent about 15 minutes trying to get my bass tuned and it didn't seem like the tuning went anywhere.

BC Rich Mockingbird and Peavy 15w battery amp

youtu.be/D1hYbd3ebPQ

What's that even ? The shape seems neat, I know it's a fender but which model ?

>I am working on a new technique of manipulating harmonics
sounds like you need to work harder because that's god awful and just sounds like shit

>heavy but bright
24.75" scale and electronics may make it harder, but simply tweaking around with the electronics and changing the pots is a cheap mod that can change your sound. You could also do a Bass contour mod to your tone knobs, which will make them take away the low end instead of the high end.

Usually it's not supposed to happen, but on a poorly made instrument that's entirely possible if you reach the maximum adjustment possible on your bridge, I know it happens on some gauges on my pos guitar

>invalid or expired

>What's that even ? The shape seems neat, I know it's a fender but which model ?

Not him but it looks like a jaguar or mustang.

it's a pawn shop Mustang with wide range humbuckers. not known to be a particularly good guitar. imo not worth 500.

It's not too much of a problem, just a couple hz off of standard tuning. It would just be convenient if it would work properly. It is a rather cheap instrument
>Yamaha TRBX174
the frets also buzz on the A, D, G between 4-8 even after having it properly set up. I still enjoy playing it very much.
I tried joining it too. About to head to work, if user fixes it, I'll hop in after I get back.

I think they look great

can you really not tell the difference between a jaguar and a mustang?

you make it sound like people here know what theyre about

>Mustang
Eh, can't deal with the short scale, I'll pass regardless of whether its a good guitar or not, but at least the shape on this one seems a bit wider, which I like.

have you played their tele or strat? was gonna get one cause im poor and i like the color options

wut i literally downloaded 4 yesterday from there use the oddsox one

Which Tremolo pedal do you reccomend?

how do I into singing? I can sing whilst playing the guitar at least (I've only been playing for around a year but I feel I'v'e made good progress) but how do I become able to like sing in a way that sounds decent.

I wasn't sure where else on Cred Forums guys

learn how to match a pitch, record yourself, make sure you aren't talking like a retard (especially if you're not english and have lyrics in english)

what does /gg/ think of the godin custom session '59?

It's a single cutaway solid body guitar with a seymour duncan '59 humbucker and a single coil pickup called the "godin custom cajun"

sounds pretty versatile desu, would it make a good first electric? price ~$1000 CAD

>Buy one of these and get an AVRI bridge for it.
Both have the same american bridge, which is a piece of shit. Staytrem is the way to go.

I had to change a lot of things, but I would've done that with an AVRI as well because of its POS bridge, no shielding. They play kinda same-ish, sound exactly the same. AVRI looks more slick overall, has the neck binding, but I prefer the caramel lacquer look of the MIM's neck. Totally not worth additional $1300 for the AVRI.

my bad, and back from class, this should workdiscord.gg/9MKcGT8

What kind of bridge are we talking about here?

It's a J-45. This particular one is from 1967

How much did you pay for it?
where did you get it?

This is great. Add this to the next OP so more people will join

>Harez

R8

It's the same style but made from different metals which makes a huge difference in buzzing/post slipping. The American bridge is decent if you take some time to set it up.

SupaTrem or SupaTrem 2

>so the pinky isnt normally used?

Holy shit you are retarded. Study classical guitar more, faggot. You spend so much on your hobby and you don't know a fucking thing. KYS TODAY.

What's your opinion on this pedal?

This. Why do people bother getting into bands with people they're going to passive aggressively bitch on the internet about. If you have a problem with someone, talk to them in person about it. If you can't communicate up front with your band mates, find new band mates. Or better yet, stop being such a passive aggressive tit everytime someone inconvieneces you.

Cool as shit riffing user. Actually reminds me of opeth a little

Kalinka Metalinka

the skull is kind of weird, but I can't argue with an electric balalaika in principle. I don't like the heavily lacquered fretboard. 6/10.

Finishing my next project m8s

Nigger you what

Neat, but the checkerboard pattern reminds me of ska, which reminds me of every landfill I've ever seen.

are the checkers different species of wood, like if you made a cutting board and then carved a les paul out of it?

>has charvel
holy fucking shit you don't deserve that at all
at least you can finish a "song" no matter how bad it is but nigger you need ear training and you need theory training and you need to never use that shit hype drum rhythm ever again and you need to learn phrasing and you need to study the harmonic series and ratios and you need to kill yourself fucking awful

i have that

i love it

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

What activities I can do to develop myself as a musician while not having access to guitar like for 2 weeks?

If you could have a completely custom guitar machined out for you, what would you do?

that poor guitar

read up on theory

a non edgy HSS fanned 8 string, with a piezo and an active preamp. In terms of shape I don't give a shit as long as it's comfortable, light and thin.

A full-sized scythe.

Normally I'd go for something like a Zon Hyperbass, but now I really just want a Capt Crunch git.

So if the guitar is playing a minor chord or some kind of weird chord, can I just play that root note on the bass?

8 string telecaster with evertune bridge and deathbars. Silverburst finish, with matching headstock. Carbon fingerboard, no inlays, stainless steel frets. Auto-trim locking tuners.

I just realized we both have Jazzmasters and the same strap, haha.

>read up on theory
I am too stupid for it. Maybe just to play with some eartrainers?

Thanks dude

>I am too stupid for it.
or in other words, you just think Theory encompasses only high level orchestra stuff.
Learning how to read/write a sheet, building chords out of scales will already take you further than half of every self-called guitarist on earth, and it's not hard by any mean

Well, I remember was trying to read a book on theory written specially for guitarists and droped at the introduction part.
Is it really needed however? My favorite musucians never knew theory and it did not prevent them to make the best music in the world.

>My favorite musucians never knew theory and it did not prevent them to make the best music in the world.

Who

and honest if you'd know if you had someone tell you "uhmm... the 2nd string lmao" instead of "A" or "B" or "uuh power chord 5th fret 6th string lmao xd"

>written specially for guitarists
My opinion's that everything written "for guitarist" sucks, except for pure mechanical exercices. Learning how to read sheet and knowing where the notes are on your fretboard opens up the possibility to play anything that's in your register.
Maybe your favourite musicians didnt know theory, but you're not them, and even if you'll put in an extensive effort to get the same gear. Luck and band management are the biggest skills needed to make it big as a band, there's plenty of good and absolutely unknown music.

>Who
Glenn Tipton
>and honest if you'd know if you had someone tell you "uhmm... the 2nd string lmao" instead of "A" or "B" or "uuh power chord 5th fret 6th string lmao xd"
wat
>knowing where the notes are on your fretboard opens up the possibility to play anything that's in your register.
Well, I already know that without theory though.
>Maybe your favourite musicians didnt know theory, but you're not them, and even if you'll put in an extensive effort to get the same gear. Luck and band management are the biggest skills needed to make it big as a band, there's plenty of good and absolutely unknown music.
I'm not trying to be like them and honestly I do not care about how succesful they are. They just serve for me as some musical orientier and that's all.

Is this right?

Also what are these 12 notes called again?

I made this so I can make making scales + stuff easier

>Glenn Tipton
Nigga what the fuck how can you actually believe the guitarist from Judas Priest wouldn't know any theory?

Of course he knows it, just listen to his solos, most early Priest stuff was based on simple scales too.

You have to learn every bit of theory you can, I don't mean you have to be an expert on it but if you don't know your notes, triads, minors and majors how do you expect to be able to play like that?

>You have to learn every bit of theory you can, I don't mean you have to be an expert on it but if you don't know your notes, triads, minors and majors how do you expect to be able to play like that?

don't waste your time with these types of people. they'll eventually realize they aren't as good as they think they are and end up learning theory anyway. or they don't learn it and just play the same shit they've been playing since they were 15.

people who think like this are 90% of the time teenage jackasses

>Q: Although you never took any formal guitar lessons, have you ever studied from books or magazines?
A: No, not at all. I'm not a scale man.
>I'm very often asked the question, "Hey, man, what scale are you using in the middle of that solo and my answer is always (laughs) - "there is no scale!"
>ve always worked on my own style. I don’t sit down and practice scales. Maybe that’s lazy, stupid—I don’t know. I think guitar playing comes from the heart, and, if you’ve got a style, it’s very important to work on that style and identity.
From hs interviews.
And someone who was learning his solos well enough you can also notice that quite often he has like G-G#-A notes coming in row and dtuff like that. I think that's pretty well shows that he never learnt music theory

>quite often he has like G-G#-A notes coming in row and dtuff like that. I think that's pretty well shows that he never learnt music theory

lol what the fuck

is this a troll or do you seriously think theory is strict set of rules that you can never break?

thanks guys, I was about to get memed into spending way more money than I needed to

get in here

discordapp.com/channels/230688437374681088/230688437374681088

Ok, maybe this was stupid from me. But as you can see from his interviews he doesn't know music theory. I also highly doubt that figures like Jimi Hendrix knew it either.

You can hear him play sweep picks and shit on their later records, he can't just pull that kind of stuff out of his ass. He might not know the note or the scale he's playing but he definitely knows the shape.

Honestly a lot of professional musicians like Matt Bellamy do this, they go like "oh I don't know music at all lmao xd" cause they're comparing themselves to jazzers or classical niggas but they know their shit, don't let them fool you.

>G-G#-A

those are called accidentals, and I bet he knows that too

You can't just "not know scales," what do you practice your picking patterns on? chromatic runs? even if he didn't bother to learn the notes, again, he knows the chords, apreggios and scale shapes.

>jimi hendrix

every fucking time

i'm done, don't learn theory, go ahead and become the next hendrix bro

>I also highly doubt that figures like Jimi Hendrix knew it either.

nigga Hendrix literally tuned half a step down because his voice didn't match the standard tuning pitch

Of course Hendrix didn't know every exomykolidian subversion dick sucking mode of every scale, but he knew enough theory to play good shit and be an actual musician

>or they don't learn it and just play the same shit they've been playing since they were 15.
Do you know Chuck Schuldiner? It's a well known fact he did not know music theory. Did he play the same shit since 15 in your opinion?
Well, ok, but my point is there are plenty of good musicians who did not learn it. I've just provided the interview above and you still seem to be in some kind of denial.

this, a thousand times this.
You don't need to learn a ton of theory, or really any, to play, but it helps a lot to at least know the basics.

I play bass and I want to put together a pedalboard but I don't know where to start. I was looking at a boss ch-1 for chorus but I'm not too sure about it and there are so many options for distortion and overdrive and fuzz I just don't know. Any advice?

If I can transcribe sax or orgal solos with my guitar it doesn't mean that I ever was learing music theory

>I play drums
>there is no theory except you hit it and it goes bang

>having to learn the phyrgian minor dominant sus7 blues octotonic scale mode to play your instrument

Not wrong but incomplete, depending on your key, you're either working with sharps or flat, which you are missing.

yeah it's always Hendrix, same reason that you see so many people doing thumb barres or playing reverse lefty.

Chuck's solos are ultra messy and he repeats the same 1-5-9 chord everywhere, he's far from diverse.

if you've got disposable income and don't care too much about sounding like shit, buy a multi-fx, it'll get you familiar with different pedals and what they do. Or buy an interface and pirate guitar rig, the amp sims are meh, but the pedals are fun.

>Do you know Chuck Schuldiner? It's a well known fact he did not know music theory. Did he play the same shit since 15 in your opinion?

don't care, the question you should be asking yourself is are you as talented as people who don't know theory and were still successful musicians. because you're probably not, sorry

get over it and learn the basics, they teach this bullshit to 4th graders.

>>there is no theory except you hit it and it goes bang
>what are odd meters

Chuck didn't know it at first, but he "invented" his own scales which in the end were actual modes and scales that he could've just learned in any book, it's a different approach, he didn't just go "hurrr well i no music lmao" How do you think he thought to downtune his guitar for the first Death record if he didn't even know the difference between a D and an E?

>Well, ok, but my point is there are plenty of good musicians who did not learn it.

And my point is this is complete bullshit. If you want to know what people didn't learn music sound like listen to Pete Wentz or Mikey Way, that's what's gonna happen to you if you don't learn music and the theory behind your instrument.

>no theory

not a drummer, but drumming has it's own huge set of shit you need to learn to be half decent at it. most decent drummers can read drumming sheet music and play in all types of batshit crazy time signatures.

guitarists learn scales and chords and all that shit, and drummers learn crazy rhythmic shit

>odd meters

Thats not really theory, you just make the bang bang go in time with the music. At worst you are dealing with the concepts of triplets and shuffle/swing but you dont need to actually understand it to play it.

>How do you think he thought to downtune his guitar for the first Death record if he didn't even know the difference between a D and an E?
Well, this shit I know almost since I picked up guitar first and I know the notes on my fretboard and I also play "my own scales" (at least I can compose solos). Does it mean I know some theory now?

>Chuck Schuldiner
It means you're developing parts of your ear.

Theory is essential and there are literally thousands of resources on the internet, Musictheory.net as mentioned in every /gg/ op ever. Fucking learn it, you retards! There's no fucking excuse.

For bass the most common effects are OD/fuzz (depending on how aggressive/saturated you want to sound), compressor, chorus, delay, and reverb. In most cases, just listen to a bunch of demos on youtube and figure out what you like and how many features/knobs you want.

Can't you just understand that D sharp is the same as E flat? or does that not work?

It means you can start a barebones metal band, sure. Good luck on becoming the next Chuck.

>ITT: drum people getting BTFO

drums is not a complicated instrument. Don't get me wrong, it can be if you want to get into complex theory and shit, but so can any instrument. But on the grander scale at the end of the day it's just keeping rhythm and adding emphasis to certain parts of the song (or "hitting hard")

case in point: it took me months of learning theory before i could write a decent lead/rhythm guitar. For the same song, it took me like a day to write the drum track knowing nothing about drums.

Are you fucking retarded? Drums have pitch you dipshit, and rhythm is part of music theory. Maybe you don't have to worry about TONAL HARMONY but there's still fucking theory and fucking sus7 holy fucking jumping lizards gizzards b8man.

What's a good mic for recording vocals and acoustic guitar?

Unless you want to play wank-core meshuggah style stuff you just have straight time and then blues time which covers 90% of popular and world music rhythms. Unlike string instruments you can hear exactly what is happening and when and pick it all up by ear, except complicated jazz which is just pure autism.

here's what is going to happen to you

you are going to realize at some point that you are way behind in knowing what you're doing on the guitar, and everything you have "discovered" by yourself is just a bunch of the basics that everyone read about, learned, memorized, and moved on to more complicated things.

there's nothing special about discovering things by yourself when they've already been discovered 300 fucking years ago. it's like figuring out by yourself how to bake bread. ok. cool? why didn't just read a recipe on how to bake bread?

Shure SM57

Give me your email and I will inform you once I'll become big. But you should promise me you will write "no music theory" on your forehead and post it in one of these threads once it will happen

What interface should I get with it?

I'm on a college student budget. I was just planning on getting 1 pedal at a time from ebay.

That's what I've been doing but there are just so many options I feel like I'm overlooking a lot of options.

>why didn't just read a recipe on how to bake bread?
I already wrote it in the very beginning. I am just too dumb for it and that's all.

they
teach
it
to
children

there are millions of basic theory articles and courses all over the internet.

FUCKING LEARN IT

Its takes a while to be able to coordinate your limbs to be consistant around the kit but this is pretty much the essence of drumming.

>tuning your drums to pitch

Exteme autism overload

You should ask Cred Forums on that honestly, I just use a shitty no-name chink one I got from a friend some time ago.

Take bands that you like for example. If you want a tone similar to theirs or only certain aspects, look at the gear they use and go from there. That's how I found my stuff.

nigger are you a fucking retard?

drums have a pitch regardless if you tune them to desired frequency. everything has pitch you absolute fucking retard.

keep banging away at your shitty Eb kick while the rest of the band plays in E you fucking pleb.

They're the same notes, but they imply different keys.
For the keys of G;D;A;E;B;F#;C#, you should use sharps.
For the keys of F;Bb;Eb;Ab;Db;Gb;Cb, you should use flats.
There's a whole explaination behind that but it's almost midnight and I'm too lazy to write it down.
Nothing's preventing you from writing a Gb in the key of G, but it's just going to be unpractical and make people look at you weird.

>I'm on a college student budget.
ayy you're pretty fucked then, there's no workaround being a poor student I know it.
look at a store's pedal catalog and google what you don't know, enjoy your infinite still-produced pedal knowledge

YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE DONT SPAM Cred Forums WITH YOUR CONSUMER BULLSHIT, FUCKING KILL YOURSELF M8

>Finishing my next project m8s
Yeah, you wish.

It's funny, out of all of those, the guitar I'd most want by far is the Chinese Fender.

you can keep da chink I want me dat american burgundy mist metallic jaguar ssslurp

>keep banging away at your shitty Eb kick while the rest of the band plays in E you fucking pleb

You tune the drums to what sounds good, you are not messing around with an oscilloscope in a white lab coat looking like a fuckwit. Who gives a LITERAL FUCK?

they are enharmonically the same exact note

there's a whole bunch of history on why you should use one over the other, but 99.99999% of the time you're most likely going to be using Eb major instead of D# major. Eb is a popular key with saxophone and horn players because of all the transposition nonsense that i don't feel like explaining. same thing with Bb major too. Bb maj is like a trumpet players home key, kind of similar to how a piano player views C major as a home key.

Is $20 for a CAD U37 USB mic with stand a good deal?

understand literally neither of these

USB mics are trash
Save up those dollarydoos and get a proper mic and interface

How much does a decent mic and interface cost?

just forget about D# as a key, it basically doesn't exist. you are never going to run into a piece written in D#, and if you do, rip it up and throw it in the garbage because the person who wrote it is just trolling you.

It's really only important if you're playing along with and writing for instruments that don't tune to a natural note.

thousands

you can get a cheap barebones set-up, it won't be studio quality but it's good for demos, youtube and vocaroo stuff.

Is an MXL 990 for $70 with shock mount a good deal?

I'd put it around $200 for a one or two channel interface, and about $100 for a quality mic. What're you recording?

it's pretty ok, yea

Acoustic and electric guitar and vocals.

Dont cheap interfaces have shitty lag?

For that you could probably pick up an SM57 and do both. Still need an interface though.

Depends on who made it. Focusrite and PreSonus usually have good one or two channel interfaces with little latency, and are around the $200 range

I just got a rocksmith cable for 10$ and it works fine with the right settings and drivers

adding to this user, if you go for a Scarlett solo/2i2, look for lightly used ones on ebay. I got my 2i2 $50 cheaper and it looks like it was a floor model or something.

I'll wager the actual audio quality isn't good, though. Latency comes from the time it takes to process the data coming in, and is more efficient the better designed the interface is.

Kek
Just buy a Boss Tremolo the dark green one, a lot of modern 50s style guitarists use that I'm planning to get one soon. Also the EHX Stereo Pulsar or Joyo Tremolo

I'd go for an Earthquaker Hummingbird