Entry level audiophile here. Looking for kick ass headphones in the <$200 range

Entry level audiophile here. Looking for kick ass headphones in the

I have those theyre ok

audiotechnica ath meme50x. i love mine

This. I loved it, the sound was so bloody good.
I've moved on to the MSR7's, which are more neutral and have higher clarity, but you can't go wrong with the M50s. Ignore the memers.

>This. I loved it, the sound was so bloody good.
once i get some more $$$ i might take a look at those. worth the upgrade?

don't listen to any of these people.

The M50x you mean? Definitely worth it if you are an entry-level audiophile. There's a reason they're so popular.

fantano headphones

yas

>That scoop and spike
No thanks.

Currently I have a set of SHP9500. Great headphones, check them out OP. Some of the best open backs that don't cost more than $300.

AKG KXXs

Thinking about buying the meme50x's. Do I need an amp or anything to listen to these? Very entry level audiophile here. Am I good with just the headphones?

They have very low impedance. You don't need an amp for it, no matter the source.

Literally do not fall for the M50 meme they have NO soundstage whatsoever, it's like listening with a pair of earbuds, if you're going for a pair of closed back headphones get these

AKG K553 Pro. Got mine from Massdrop for $145 including shipping to my 3rd world country. They're pretty fucking good, but they're not as good as the DT880 I had but being an retard broke.

get the m40x instead

Music listening.

Surround soundstage>Stereo soundstage>headphones>earbuds.

Are Sennheisers any good? I heard Maddox plug them a year ago.

I'm getting this on monday once they arrive, do you think I'll need an amp? I got the A1 just in case since it wasnt that expensive but if I can just leave that at home it would be great

What, the DT770s or the M50s?

dt770 but the 80 ohm version

Definitely not, 80ohms is fine without one

I don't think you'll NEED an amp, but it would probably help the sound quality a bit, running from a higher quality source and all that. Are you planning on using them outside? They're really not portable headphones.

I'd take them in my backpack to uni, it is quite spacious so I think they'd fit fine, I also got the case.

Amps don't increase sound quality. They only increase loudness. Don't confuse them with DACS.

boards.Cred Forums.org/g/hpg for better advice
Cred Forums isn't really the place other than some people who /prod/

M50x are awful. Blown out, sloppy bass, and highs are somehow really sibilant. DT 770's are a better alternative if you don't need portability, but still want a heavy V-shaped sound signature.
M40x are far better anyway. Both have terrible pads too. Good aftermarket pads are ~$15-$20

770's are fine. They're a great V-shaped closed back. Some find them sibilant, I don't personally. You can fix it with some fuckin felt if you do.

Senny 558's outdo the 9500's for only around 25 USD more. Much more comfortable, and are a warmer and more pleasant sound. Tiny bit more clarity too.
The only issue with the 558's are the impedance curve if you have a shithouse source.

Some. Newer gen Senny's are good atm
the last gen [and probably upcoming ones too] 5XX line is great entry level open back.
HD 600's are highly regarded as being some of the most versatile headphones you can get.

Sennheiser's portable line is pretty retarded though to be honest.

You won't need an amp for 80 ohm 770's. You probably wouldn't for 250 ohm either.

amps don't inherrently improve sound quality. only makes them louder.
DACs on the other hand can improve sound.

Ive had these since june. A few complaints.
The metal has scratched up on the sides where they expand and collapse with very light use.
One side broke and the ear piece now comes out really easily when adjusting
Theyre pretty quiet but for most people it should be fine,
The audio cable can't be taken out but thats not a huge deal

There are some upsides though:
Comfortable as fuck
User serviceable without voiding the warranty (you can replace things including the cable, top band, ear pads)

>You probably wouldn't for 250 ohm either.
You're joking right? ohms this high require a amp no matter the headphone.

I'm not. Most modern mobos and phones can push 250 ohm headphones. My olx xperia can run my 250 ohm 770's at insane levels.
Ohms aren't really that much of a proper measurement. More of a vague guide.
The wattage to get to a reasonable gain is much more important.

T50's are much harder to drive than other identical impedance headphones for example.

Fuck, a PS4 controller can power HD 800's without issue.

>Theyre pretty quiet but for most people it should be fine,

>I don't know anything about headphones the post

JBL Synchros

Grabbed some Synchros Slates from ebay for the cheap. Decent sound, mids are muddy at times due to them being bass cannons. Cool soundstage feature. Get them unless you have even slightly large ear as the cans are shallow.

>JBL Synchros
awful fucking headphones

if you want open headphones grado sr60e are pretty cheap and are comparable to their >200$ sr225e

I have the M40x and I like them more than my friend's pair of M50x that I tried. Spent the savings on a USB interface that I use as a DAC/Amp and they sound even better. Mad comfy too, and the stock coil cable is perfect for desktop use. Recommend.

Best I've ever had. Good price-quality level

I have those. There alright for 50. If you have 100 I would get the grado sr80's.

I've been using the Edifier H850 for a while now. For $50 they're pretty solid and have a super clean, almost flat sound. They're also lightweight and bretty comfy. Read up on reviews, they're all positive.

what kind of sound are you looking for my nig

altså, portable or not?

also*****

I like:
Sony MDR-V6
Takstar Pro80/Gemini HSR-1000 (same headphones, different branding, pick whichever is cheaper)
K240 for maximum comfort but kind of bad sound

yep ignore the hate the m50s are good for starting out