/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 40
Nights since last BNM: 3

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Atrocity Exhibition is now out
-G.L.O.S.S. breaks up. Graveyard breaks up.
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Danny Brown, Bon Iver, and Steve Hauschildt.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65845495#p65847930
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66890211#p66893277
quantcast.com/pitchfork.com#/trafficCard
quantcast.com/Cred
infiniteguest.org/secret-skin/2015/11/kitty-and-how-to-deal-with-things/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So there isn't any chance that they'll actually post Atrocity Exhibition tonight, right?

This thread stands by & supports Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al

Last digit is how much higher than 9.1 Danny Brown is getting

amen

This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al.

speak for yourself.

daily reminder good content guy is a khv.

>You don't see me pretending to be you and saying that I'm a well-liked person with a great sex life.
-- Good Content Guy !!5UXkuc+0WE8

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65845495#p65847930

daily reminder i killed him.

>and just so everyone knows: i'm more or less done posting in these threads for now. i try and read through them some nights, but the trolls who post in these threads just make me snap and that's the last thing i need right now. (this is where you write something about how i'm easily triggered or something, you dipshit basement dwellers.)
-- Good Content Guy !!5UXkuc+0WE8

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66890211#p66893277

100% this

This album is fucking insane and better beat 9.1. I'm expecting it to get a 9.3-9.5 and Bon Iver to tie it, because that's so p4k.

Wait gloss broke up? Why?

if this was pre conde p4k, 9.4 probably, now that its conde, MAYBE, MAYBE a chance this gets 9.2. more than likely its a 9.1 though

literally because p4k kept promoting them, and they felt the project lost its purpose getting to be too famous

Trips tell truth thank you.

Does any music matter after AE?

music has never mattered, user

it's always been one big Jewish scheme to keep you sedated and controlled, steadily giving your money to Mr. Shekelstein

Will they review Atrocity Exhibition tonight?

Doubt it
They probably had reviews picked out and it's unlikely that they'll change them now.

lol

So what's everyone listening to?

pic related, it's diet walkmen

also the new Nicolas Jaar, and Danny Brown are pretty pretty pretty good

I held hands with a girl in a park once out past curfew, and the sprinklers started and we ran back home laughing and screaming. Would definetly recommend to anyone who is currently a KHV

been blasting this almost every day before work, just finished atrocity exhibition though, god damn what a record

Isn't that a fantano-core power electronics, noisecore album? How dizzy will that make me if I listen to it?

its only fantano-core if you want it to be

fantano doesnt own any hold on the record he just likes it, and so do i, and did before he even reviewed it

its an industrial album mostly, and i dont know how you feel about shit, but if you like the idea of industrial that has some hardcore punk and noisecore elements, then youll like the record

Lemme tell you what the fuck I'm listening to pham...This and Atrocity Exhibition dropping the same day nearly gave me a heart attack.

I want fantano in my core

I was just memeing buddy, is cool

And yah that sounds like itll make me dizzy, after a certain level of cacophony my eyes start to glaze over

are you the guy who said you had a folder filled with fantano dick/bulge caps? i've been searching the archive looking for it but can't find it.

I stand 100% with Michael Gira

is that all Im remembered for?

this probably describes my folder better though

you dummy. that's why i couldn't find it. it's spelled b-u-l-g-e.

you guys do realize that pitchfork is complete and utter shit right? and several of the staff members have admitted to posting on mu. these threads are almost certainly made by p4k shills

prove it

You guys are missing the real AOTY

this will get a 8.7-8.9

THiS album is a solid ~lite-rock~ album.

Great production, gives me the same feels as foxygen or Grizzly Bear

reminder

>1337

holy shit guys, hes leet, that means hes probably right

>these threads are almost certainly made by p4k shills
it's shill. singular.

p4k cares about Cred Forums

I think Cred Forums is one of the areas where vertical influence isn't prominent

ALSO Really Doe for SOTY

>p4k cares about Cred Forums
i wonder why?

[spoiler]$$$[spoiler]

Pitchfork receives 4.1 M unique visitors in the US every month, Cred Forums as a whole gets 477K a month in the US, and only like 4% of that probably uses Cred Forums (at most). If you think Pitchfork gives a fuck about Cred Forums you are crazy

quantcast.com/pitchfork.com#/trafficCard

quantcast.com/Cred Forums.org

they are going to give him their 9 just like he gave KP' his

I would guess that these threads don't help them much. It's mostly the same handful of people so it's not like they're getting new readers. If anything, stuff like the nightly rundown allow people to get the scores without giving p4k page views.
What probably benefits them more is when people post threads with a screenshot of a score. It reaches more people, probably gets some people to go read the review, and starts a discussion about p4k's opinion.

You ever listen to Open Mike Eagle's interview with Kitty Pryde, actually really good, made me like KP, even if her music is awful.

infiniteguest.org/secret-skin/2015/11/kitty-and-how-to-deal-with-things/

My favorite /p4k/ memory was last year when for a couple of months they would post the reviews about 4 minutes before 1AM CST. It was like a beautiful gift.

wow its nothing

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Mick Jenkins 7.6 by Dean Van Nguyen
Ty Dolla $ign 6.9 by Winston Cook-Wilson
Flock of Dimes 7.0 by Evan Rytlewski
LVL UP 7.3 by Colin Joyce

this

Mick Jenkins scores:

Has anyone else ever been as consistently scored?

user, don't you know? This thread is why they time their reviews to drop the same time every night. It helps people keep up and engage

Meek Mill has gotten 4 straight 7.4s

Holy shit is it really that good? I'm a huge danny fan and haven't given it a listen yet. When it rain was good not great for me
Meek mill, he's received a 7.4 three times

i dont see how you couldnt get into when it rain, the subtle synth behind the track changing in key and tempo to add to the tension of the song is perfect

TMT not having a consistent schedule definitely contributed in those threads dying

Exactly

NEW NEUROSIS REVIEW FUCKING WHEN

Their score will be my last two digits

No way p4k will give Neurosis less then a 6.0

Here have a reroll

6.6>6.0 so I guess the score stands

Not to say i didn't enjoy it. I didn't strike a chord like the singles from old did for me

I have a feeling it's getting a 9.6-9.8. It's incredible sonically, has meaningful lyrics for the most part, and "Hell for it" is such a dope way to bring an already dope album to an end.