Who is she talking about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AW9aYKzMo9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

corey feldman

What does it mean?

opn???

lol

that was my first guess t bh but i dunno laurel doesn't seem the type to broadcast stuff that personal

This is definitely, definitely, 100% about the new Nicolas Jaar album and how simple the melodic elements are.

Nah, that album came out nearly a year ago, why would she tweet about it now?

Clearly about Nico Jaar

Danny Brown

Either Nicolas Jaar or maybe Powell

21pilots

sophie

y she mad tho?? whats wrong with music sounding like that?

elvis

>your music sounds amazing
>the music itself is shit
Not even trolling, can someone ease explain to me how this makes any sense?

I honestly think this might be an email someone sent to her or something, cuz her music is also very genre bending and in its own universe.

The music is lazily written but well produced, which is why I think she's talking about the new Nicolas Jaar album (I don't agree w her but see where she's coming from).

yeah, i'm betting jaar.

he's weirdly unpopular with both the big "dj scenes" and the experimental electronic ones. i've heard that he can be pretty insufferable, which you can sorta surmise from his interviews.

even though he personally annoys the shit out of me, i don't see how it'd be about powell. laurel's really close with helm/bill kouligas/lee gamble etc. and they're all tight with powell.

i haven't rly heard anything cringey in his interviews, though he does come off as somewhat cocky in earlier interviews.

Wtf I hate Nicolas Jaar now

yeah, it's mostly the older ones. i remember reading an old guardian interview with him that rubbed me the wrong way, but he was quite young then (like 21 or 22) and still had that lofty college student attitude, y'know

never have been a giant fan of him but i do really like his label. some great stuff gets put out on it.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Haven't listened to the new Jaar or anything outside of his Darkside stuff.

Just read that interview, and yeah he comes across like he's got it all figured out. He kinda still does in that pitchfork interview but less in your face about it.

Meanwhile he did an interview earlier this year (he's clearly high as fuck here lol) where he falls just short of quoting Kylie Jenner's "2016 is the year of realizing things"

youtu.be/AW9aYKzMo9c

lmao his red as fuck glassy eyes

i can't even be too hard on him though as i've always had trouble with being articulate and eloquent - especially wrt topics i'm passionate about (and when i'm drunk af lol cus pretty sure i made a similar tirade the other night after a few too many shots of don julio). also is that paranoid london playing in the bg?

did she lurk the music mixed/mastered well thread and find that foo fighters post?

Yeah I understand his struggle to explain systems politics while high/drunk too lol.

It's funny cuz in 2011 he said he'd never smoked weed or done drugs, I believe him at that point, but I also believe taken up smoking weed and probably acid since then, considering how his music as developed.

>music that wants to live within itself

what the fuck does this mean?

I think this means music that seeks to combine multiple genres into one, but stuck with songwriting that is so referential, it can only be considered original if you forget all the similar music that's come before it.

>which you can sorta surmise from his interviews.
Most electronic artists who lean towards the leftfield sound pretty pompous and insufferable in print, unfortunately. Even Laurel - who I love - can come across as a total dick at times. I dunno why that is.

Though the producers I expect to be the most pretentious will often surprise me and end up being super down to earth.

Sirens is better than anything her or her friends have ever made

>her friends
???

I love her and her friends music but yeah this is true. I need to listen to chance of rain again though.

I guess these guys?

Eh, in that case: nah.

Besides the fact that Quarantine is better than Sirens imo, I'd also take Diversions 1994-1996 over it any day of the week. Maybe Koch too.

music that actively tries to stick its own head up its ass.

Yeah I mean we're all entitled to our opinions

I just find it funny how she says Jasr's music is shit when in reality both of their work is in the same electronic spectrum. I guess my point was nobody in that entire group is producing anything of such acclaim to be attacking one another

I mean Laurel Halo has never written something that could literally be a violent femmes song (governor) or a suicide song (three sides of Nazareth) if you strip away the atmospherics and 2016 friendly sound design.

mfw i reread this 4 fucking times

Yeah I should've separated that into a couple different sentences lol.

She is such an insufferable cunt it makes it hard to even enjoy the few good things she's made

Yeah, yeah. It's just taste innit? I suppose I lean a bit more towards Laurel cus I just prefer more, uh, techno-oriented music? Jaar has that more downtempo groove going on which is cool if you enjoy that sort of thing, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much. I did like Nymphs a lot however. The new one doesn't do much for me but I've only listened to it once all the way through.

>nobody in that entire group is producing anything of such acclaim to be attacking one another
lol You didn't lie...

I don't see how that's relevant though. Some people aren't interested in making those genres/styles of music but that doesn't make them "lesser."

Also I think it's funny that we all just went ahead and "confirmed" that the tweet was about Nico, lol.

I'll be honest I'm a little salty because I assumed it was about him, I'm having a hard time figuring out who else she could be talking about, especially since Nico's album leaked recently. Someone said OPN but that would be an even more massively retarded accusation on her part lol

Well yeah, it's prob Nico lbr. I suppose I'm used to this sort of shit because I'm pretty well into DJ twitter and they area fucking catty bunch, let me tell you lol. They all subtweet the hell out of each other. It makes it even funnier when they call each other out directly (like Skee Mask just totally shitting on The Black Madonna)

People just assume OPN cus they dated and broke up, but there is no evidence that it ended on bad terms. Plus she's never brought up Daniel before.

wtf they dated???

Top fucking kek

>Gretsch G5125
>made in Peerless factory
>basically just a G5120 but with good DeArmond pickups
>picking up tomorrow from local cl guy for $300

Did I do good, /gg/?

>filled with a desperate wanting to live within itself

what did she mean by this?

seriously, i actually don't understand

It's not that hard to get...

maybe you could explain it then

not trying to be awkward i just feel a bit dumb

No, he's just dumb.

>mfw

Is Corey posting going to become a thing now?

Grimes

that sounds a loooooot like Jamie xx