Okay Cred Forums. So today i visited my grandpa, and he is really old now...

Okay Cred Forums. So today i visited my grandpa, and he is really old now. He suddenly started talking about personal things, about having regrets in life, or things he would have loved to change, etc.

And he said "Back then, i always felt rejected for being interested in creating music. Everyone else, even my friends, they all thought i was weird, so i set myself apart. Is it like this nowadays too?"

And i said that it wasnt, that now everyone can create their own music or like whatever they want and you can always find someone that likes what you like. It was the first time i saw him excited. So he said "now you can use computers just to create music?" and i said yes, and we went up upstairs and he showed me his work.

He has tons of partitures. He has been writting them since years. I felt pretty impressed, then again, i might just have felt impressed because my grandpa never was so personal, never showed what he did to anyone. He gave me one (pic related), and asked me if i could make it play with only a computer, that even if he admits is pretty bad he always wanted to listen to one of his own creations. I know jackshit about it so i said i would try my best.

Now why am i telling you guys all of this?
Well i dont know. I felt there was "light" in that moment, and i want to make my grandpa happy. My question is:

What sort of program should i use to try to play that? Is it even possible? How should i proceed, should i just give up or find some guys who play the instruments?

Thats it, i hope is not a bother.

>fagot
you're gpa is 1 hell of a troll

muscore

i was expecting this comment
it might be the spanish name for an instrument

Sibelius or Musescore I guess

Fagot = bassoon
Pic related

Yeah just download Sibelius, it's pretty easy to understand

ask someone on /prod/ or /comp/ to make a midi or it or something

Something to consider. I notice after bar 12, your gramps is trying to put six eighth notes in each measure of 2/4. Not that this will automatically sound bad or anything, but it definitely suggests that there are other parts of this piece that may have notation errors. Basically anyone copying this will have to know enough about music to correct the transcription and write out things differently.

Honestly though, how long is it? You've touched my heart with your story and if it isn't stupid long id be happy to make a midi that your gramps can hear

Have you seriously never seen a triplet before?

this

OP here, i know nothing about music. Grandpa explained to me something about that piece having notes that (collide?) with each other, but again, since i know nothing i couldnt understand that well what did he meant by it.

9 pages like the one i posted by he says he is okay with just listening to one page or whatever

still, dont worry, also it should be with the instruments he chose (Oboe, Flute and Bassoon) so ill guess ill try with the programs anons reccomended or something. Ill do my best.

gimmie the pages I'll make you a midi and put some nice-ish orchestral synths on it. I'm pretty fast with this stuff and am bored.

For real? Are you sure?
Ill scan them all right now

yeah

I dont even know how to thank you
But, thank you.

Page 1 is This is Page 2.

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

(Also wait, my bad, i notice there are 2 pages more. Still im just posting, do whatever you feel like im thankful anyways)

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11.

And thats all. Do not worry if you dont do it cause i would had to scan them anyways.

Check out Sibelius (the software, not the composer)

Alright I made it into a midi, using phil specters wall of noise technique I added a nice symphony to add atmosphere but kept to the true instruments (fagot,flauta, oboe, para) touched it up a bit and added a few more bars using conterpoint and another round where I upped the tempo a bit to create a more allegro texture. He was quite the musician and its a nice work

Im ready to upload it onto bandcamp. what should I call the project?

La sinfonia dil nonno di user No. 1

I'm so happy that someone did it for the OP.

Whoa so fast, really?
Thanks a lot.

Im so ignorant i thought "Eneagrama" (Eneagram) was the name, but thats not the case right?

This one is good, my grandpa is italian.

Give us a link when it's uploaded mate

I'm and isn't me. That said, if that guy uploads then hey I'm off the hook. I'll keep working for the time being though because I'm a little skeptical. (this is the internet, ect)

Oh i see. Maybe both started working on it?
But yeah it could have been a lie.

Thanks for the work. I might go to sleep now but ill keep an eye on the thread.

Bump

Bumpppppp cool story

Not OP, but I'll be a little sad if doesn't deliver. Heartwarming stuff desu.

lurking to hear OP's grand pappy's music

Hoping for a delivery

OP turning a score into music takes a lot of work, even using a computer. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to do it for free, and if they do they must be fucking bored.

Some programs let you scan sheet music and then play it back, why not fucking google that shit and try to sort this out yourself?

Cred Forums is not your personal score renderer.

ah this thread is so comfy, nice one

not OP but fuck you dude, if you do not want to do it is your business, don't ruin threads for others.
Cred Forums isn't your personal opinion.

>don't ruin threads for others.
I'll do what I want m8. Ruining things for others is fun.

My point still stands, OP should do his own shit. Download a DAW, learn to read music, enter the notes. It aint hard, but it takes time. Time actual musicians shouldn't be wasting on some user's grandad.

see

People can do whatever the hell they want, so what place do you have to tell them what to do? Get down off your high horse and grow up a bit.

>People can do whatever the hell they want
like me shitting up this thread.

Hopefully no one delivers for lazy OP

who pissed in your conrnflakes

He is asking people for advice so he can do the rest by himself, just advice, nothing else. You ignorant twat.

d'aaaaww we get it you were abandoned as a child because you are an ugly and arrogant piece of shit and now you want to steal christmas.
So cool.
Now go play somewhere else, stop being a little bitch and a nuisance in general

Remember this thread isn't about the petty person trying to ruin things, nor is it about putting them in their place, best call is probably not to respond to them at all.

That's fucking heartwarming, OP.

Thanks a lot.

It was for me too.