I like the cover

maybe this

The Astonishing

>>my actual AOTY
>Bottomless Pit
That's embarrassing.

Pic related

Danny got it for me.
Still waiting for RTJ3 and Bandana though i think Gibbs is stll in custody so idk about that one #freemymangibbs

Little Kid's number one for sure. Love it.

What's your opinion on Moenai Hai?

why is it cropped? this is the actual cover

Truly god tier

average kind of year

Matmos - Ultimate Care II

>posting 5x5 albums
THE THREAD IS ALBUM OF THE YEAR NOT FUCKING ALBUMS YOU AUTIST FUCKS

>being this narrow-minded and limited

I bet you only listen to one genre

garbage

being this autistic

So I was right, sad.

sorry it's a german album..

otherwise I would probably say the danny brown album

Bottomless pit is shit after 2 listens m8

Not AOTY but one of the best of 2016

lel

Great in a dark and quiet enviroment depressing as shit and great for gather up self hate.
Only problem with it is 2nd track cud of been shortened by like 5 mins but other then that it's great.

Literally a more boring version of The Healing Component.

Gotta be Atrocity Exhibition. So fresh.

Intrigued by the art on this, I'll have to check it out

Good choice

right? not a huge fan of the music though

this desu

Would I consider it my AOTY? No, but I really don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

yeah

Only good answer in this thread

I can't find it because his twitter is polluted with fucking nonsense, but the packaging for the album really is that fucked up. It looks more like a postcard than it does a digipak. The black lines above and beneath are just there for the sake of filling space on the .jpg.

Aesop's been dethroned

this

Even Oxen easily takes AOTY for me
pic related are the only worthwhile things I have heard this year
hoping to find more

(me)
Just finished listening, it's fantastic

that bones mixtape was released in 2015

cringe

fuck I meant to put paidprogramming2 I'm retarded

this or AMSP honestly

I have lost all hope on this year. Literally no records I keep coming back to or that i would rate high, personally.

Only thing is the Kim Gordon single

teen suicide was letdown of the year
those last two are sweet but I can see myself growing out of them because the soft female vocals indeh has been done so many times... it works though

these are pretty stale too

>these are pretty stale too
your jokeing

overhyped shit
nice and sweet, but at the end of the day i don't want to play those records again

tv girl may be a grower, but francis and the lights is so based on its hype. 0 value

no, Car Seat Headrest was letdown of the year, absolutely catastrophic decline to urban-outfitters garbage from a once-interesting artist. Teen Suicide's is ambitious and varied.

>Only thing is the Kim Gordon single
Opinion discarded

What? Care to explain pls
I fucking loved that single, best SY-related thing in years

Point me to your aotys then, i just want to find smething i *really* like this year, which I haven¡t yet, all i'm saying

Respectable choice. I've probably listened to X more than any other song this year. But the whole album is great, especially Ocean Drive.
Great choice. Also my favorite Hip hop album of the year.

ma nigga

really, i think it's a bit early for u hypebeasts shouting "ATROCITY EXHIBITION AOTY." it's barely been 24 hours, if that. give it some more time to simmer before you make any kind of claims.

>Blonde

nice bro

i'm halfway through my 2016 backlog, atrocity exhibition has potential to make it in a month probably

what's bottom right? love that cover

weval's s/t, really good if you like more minimal-leaning electropop like caribou or junior boys

>Lil Peep - Hellboy

or

>xiu xiu - twin peaks

what is the last album called? I love Even Oxen as well m8

yeah his whole discog is great, his two EPs from last year are gems
>what is the last album called?
it says on the right, but it's Mothers- when you walk a long distance you are tired

APE SHIT NIGGA, GODZILLA

Agreed.

2016's been a great year lads

loved these

this looks cool, gonna check it out

weval & pill don't get enough love around here

oh man, how the fuck did i not notice that there was text on more than 50% of the image, thanks though

>Blackstar
>Blonde
>Bottomless Pit
>Atrocity Exhibition
>The Life of Pablo (probably the weakest of the list but still good)
>Skeleton Tree
>A Moon Shaped Pool

It has been a great year for music so far

This has been the real standout for me this year, still playing it every week at least

it's garbage. Terrible, unlistenable production, corporate-sounding cliche edgy catchphrases for lyrics, and the worst drumming ever to grace a rock record. Will Toledo sold his soul and will never make anything good again. Can't believe his downfall was so precipitous and immediate.

Was my AOTY before Fantano [I've been a fan since 2011], and I'm so fucking happy he promoted it, because it's amazing.

lol i bet your aoty is

heh nah it's
haven't listened to any hip-hop in a year or so, never listened to that guy

Got mixed feelings about this one. It's the most cosistent Olga's electronic release so far, yet all those electronic efforts are far from the magnificiency of Krai. In my opinion of course. I don't know how to get over the fact that Krai exists in order to enjoy the rest of her work properly.

I saw this in my YouTube feed but though it looked like a generic Risecore band (I know they aren't in Rise records but you know what I mean). So I take it I was wrong?

if you've only heard 4 albums you liked this year then don't listen to him
i fucked with what i heard of wabi sabi
what's the worst thing you've heard this year

Diamonite is my Goddess. So maybe that's why, that album alone carried me through years.

But nonetheless, it's welcome to find another Olga fan.

Teens of Denial was easily the worst. My least favorite album ever, desu, even though I have heard things that are arguably worse (not from this year, though)

This. I fucking loved the change Will's music made.

They're a pretty old and consistent band. It's more like chaotic hardcore a la The Dillinger Escape Plan mixed it with southern bluesy tinges. They have an amazing singer/lyricist and some pretty straightforward but hype riff oriented songs. New album was written entirely about the singers wife who had complications during childbirth and the substance is pretty dark.

youtube.com/watch?v=4B7V7YFVrrE