How much has music changed your life?

How much has music changed your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzVjLEzN36M
widespreadpanic.com/good-people/feeding-people-through-music-food-drives#!prettyPhoto
jambands.com/news/2016/09/27/members-of-the-string-cheese-incident-to-join-terrapin-all-stars-for-hawaii-benefit-show
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it made me feel like a weirdo

1000% ( I used to give a fuck)

For the worse.

But it has made that worse really good.

Not even memeing when I listened to ITAOTS something clicked in me I don't think should've clicked.

I'd say for the better.

been to a lot of interesting concerts I wouldn't have otherwise, and I'm able to apply my classical piano training and knowledge to something fun.

well uh, from inferiority complex to superiority complex

You sound like a noob

Before music
>qt gf the same as me that I met a church
>was an asshole to everyone because of my high gpa in school
>never did drugs
>never had social issues

After music
>fwb with a 30 year old woman who used to be in a noise rock band who takes xanax like its candy
>really nice to everyone but barely doing good in school and constantly questioning why did I pick computer science when i h8 it
>smoke weed weekly and snort adderall for exams
>social anxiety up the ass
>stuck in a limbo of nothingness and turning my back on post irony

youtube.com/watch?v=mzVjLEzN36M at least this album keeps me sane :)

Quite a lot. I feel like I actually have an interest in something that has some value. Also broadening my horizons for different styles and genres has drfinitely gave me a new more balanced outlook on life that I can apply as well to my other interests. Also I learned to value being for myself a lot more.
All of the above are true as well though. Especially this:

It really hasn't done a whole lot for me. It's just a fun niche hobby that I really enjoy

Listening to music is the only thing I enjoy doing nowadays. Sometimes I feel ashamed because I spend hours neglecting work stuff to listen to humans make organized noise.

I'm a creep.

I'm a teenage dirtbag.

And my name is Jonas.

1000%!!

in the summer I met somebody who changed my life. We both loved music so much, and he gave me the passion and drive to create something beautiful. I'm hard at work on it every day now. I used to want to make music and be famous and all that junk, but my experiences with him have and life in general this past year has given me something meaningful to write about. It took me a long time to get to this point. I've been a difficult person to like this year, mood swings and school stress and so many things that go on in my private life I haven't told people about. I put him through hell, I'm not surprised he isn't here with me now. I was stupid and immature and hurt him in so many ways that looking back I wish I could take back. Every day can feel like a struggle or it can feel like a new opportunity, I try to put myself into a positive mind frame and channel my energies into my music. There isn't anything I can change about the past, but I can make my future a lot better with some effort..
A concept album is what I'm working on. We had such great memories in the summer and when the season changed our relationship changed too. I want it to be as lush and beautiful as possible. The Endless Summer.
Everything that happened to me, to him, this year was always going to happen. That's the way I think of it. Every word we said and everything we did was predetermined like fate, I suppose. Almost as if everything had to happen exactly as it did to get me to the point where I am now.
It's coming together and it looks like he isn't going to be a part of my life or stick around to see the finished product, but, I don't know,
I guess I stopped hoping a long time ago
But the way that music brought us closer and the experiences I was able to share with this person shaped my life in ways I couldn't ever have imagined, and I'm grateful for it and hope life's treating him well.
I'm doing this for me, but I'm doing this for us too.
Damn, 2:30am thoughts

I stopped being a suicidal autismo because it gave me a passion I guess. I might still have crippling social anxiety and a low sense of self preservation, but at least I have interests, a healthy social life at home/outside of college, and another thing to do besides vidya.

basically this

You're basically me last year, except the 30 year old was more of a good friend that I would date and fucked up getting sexual with on multiple accounts because lolanxiety disorders, she also was a dancer instead of being in a noise rock band and smoked more weed and did MDMA more than Xanax, I did more LSD and less adderal, and I probably like CS a little bit more than you.

It's consumed my life and I love it. I've found the girl who I'm pretty sure is my soulmate at a Toro y Moi concert (not on some nu-male romcom shit, but on some she's the female version of me type shit). I enjoy band shirts. I listen to music everywhere I go and my taste is diverse so I never get bored. I might just one day listen to an album I haven't heard in over a year just because. Collecting physical copies brings me the biggest joy in the world. I'd rather sing than breathe. I'd write a song and use my blood as ink. If it weren't for music I'd be dead right now. That's just a fact.

I still don't thoroughly enjoy the music I'm listening to so as a result nothing's changed. By that I mean I can put something on but I won't be fully engaged like most of the people here. I kind of force myself to listen. Only exceptions are albums I've listened to 10+ times but up until that point I have trouble staying in tune with it.

I can't sit still without my muscles spasming now either. Because of low concentration and generalized anxiety. Wellbutrin is not helping. But either way I just want something to enjoy, thought music would do that, but of course like everything else I'm not offered an escape.

I look at life and listen to everything completely different now.
I've made many connections with people through all types of music.
I've seen strange sights, and felt strange things.
I've been learning instruments for years now, and being a part of that experience has changed my perspective, my confidence, and my interests.
Music has also given me lots of ideas and insight throughout the years, whether it's through interesting new lyrics or even just beats or melodies or modulations that push my mental boundaries of what I thought was possible for music.

Overall it's changed my life completely, and for the better.

Nice new meme but frank ocean beat you to your 10/10 brand new gay music

meme me up boys
Frank oceans new album is honestly incredible tho, huge fan of it.
not trying to create anything new or unique, just somethin beautiful

Started listening to black metal at age 10 which formed me into a misanthropic nihilist

Learnt how to play really well in all styles on guitar/bass/drums/piano/vocals which changed my life completely.
Got me an absolute shit ton of confidence, a crazy hot girl, tons of friends and contacts and gave me a really confident path to follow.
Finished college with highest honours in music and have accepted a place with one of the best performing arts schools in the world, I couldn't be happier.

The vast majority of music, especially the music posted about hete, doesnt have the ability to change your life. Its vapid entertainment, candy for your ears and nothing more. Fandom and fixation on bands and musicians is juvenile and adolescent. People who are into bands or really into musical genres are usually normie peices of shit. Not intelligent, not wise, not interesting, probably not kind. Its better then sport at least. But read a damn book for petes sake. Nobody reads. /lit/ types and humanities academics are repugnant for the mos part, but most people who read arent like that. I hope .

forgot to add, playing music is different, but yeh most musicians like guitarists and drummers are peices of shit. Dont really know what classical musicians are like but at least it doesnt come with the trashy douchey culture.

Shut the fuck up pretentious faggot

And as much as you belittle people and insult their intelligence, you don't seem too smart yourself failing to recognize that the human experience is inherently subjective and nuanced. You're saying music doesn't have the power to change people's lives because it's juvenile and stupid but you don't realize that it HAS changed many people's lives for better or worse. The world doesn't revolve around your opinions.

On a scale of 1-37 how much does playing an instrument change your perception of music?

music changes a lot of people's lives . sometimes significantly. Sometimes makes their lives better, sometimes worse. you're fucking ignorant. take a break from reading a book and go out in the real life once in a while

it really hasnt changed peoples lives. Sure I sound pretentious, but you know whats more pretentious. Saying that listening to music has changed your life. That is the way teenagers think. Most music, itself, is pretentious. The stupid names, the stupid album covers. The stupid assholes who wear band t-shirts, go to gigs and concerts and create an identity around it Its pretentious to think resources should be spent to produce your noise, that its important and worthwhile enough to be circulated among humanity. To pollute the culture, and the minds of young people.

I think there are songs that can change your life. Kind of. Sort of. Not really. But the vast, vast majority of todays music is empty, juvenile and meaningless.

Music is hedonistic. Its meaningless. Do you think when your out of your 20s you'll be collecting all these bands and songs and participating in the "sub-culture".

Listen. There are important things in life, really important issues that demand our attention. We are wasteful by producing and consuming popular culture.

Reading is literally the worst form of entertainment. Only reason it exists is because other forms didn't exist yet.

whats the real life? its certainly not at concerts, gigs, clubs or festivals full of stupid asshole kids. What a decadent, wasteful affair. Its alrighy for a bit of fun and leisure. As a pursuit or "culture"? Its gratuitous and indulgent. Go spend time with your family or help people in need. And we need that money and those resources to feed the starving and treat the sick.

>everyone should read more
>people that read suck
should've proofread your post amirite

What issues hombre?

>implying you can only indulge in one medium and one medium only
It's stupid to think most people genuinely "into" music, or any form of art fro that matter, call themselves fans of anything.
It's not ridiculous to presume most people here see music as a large part of their life and take it seriously.
I wouldn't be where I am in life now had I not began to invest myself in music, my career literally revolves around it.
You sound like a very shallow listener who doesn't connect with the art that much

You're retarded

You do know both of those are rooted in feelings of inferiority right? The difference is that the feelings of inferiority are honest and feelings of superiority are delusions.

why are you doing on this board if you can't understand music?

ding ding ding

You have a very skewed, close-minded view of what constitutes as "being into music"

Got me laid with cute white hipster/alt chicks

Also teach them to appreciate shit like Juan Gabriel

i kept thinking it had
met a girl w same niche taste it was really good
that ended horribly
ended up with qt pi into the strokes
hard to continue existence

basically same except replace fwb with music writer gf

>calling someone pretentious
>on this thread
>on Cred Forums at all
Oh my, you guys are the epitome of bullshit.

Im getting old I guess, even though I'm still young. There is music thats worth while. The vast majority isnt, the market is way over saturated.

The people I've known who for example wear band t-shirts for small/lesser known bands, or are really into vapid music like alot of electronic music, or really into music in general, have lets just say been pretty awful. So I am generalising, and I'm by no means perfect myself, partially for that reason. But I draw a connection between vapid hedonisyic brats and douchebags, and the music scene. Something about devoting that much attention to something thats just meaningless pleasure and entertainment.

It just makes me sad and angry that people and animals are suffering so much, the environment is dying, while so much is wasted on popular culture. It also contributes to the disgraceful position of elderly people in modern western society, the disabled and outcast too. Its fueled and glamorised drug culture which has destroyed many vulnerable people. Enough is enough, people need to stop producing and consuming much popular culture, its an ugly, garish monstrosity. Music videos, lots of music itself, the album art and even the band names, its all like the stuff of bizzare nightmares.

STEEZ has definitely changed the way I think

How's tenth grade?

It makes me truly realize how pathetic our world is and how art and entertainment is a joke and is only used to feed our lust for happiness and forget how minuscule we truly are.
Fuck you david you did this to me

>it just makes me sad that people and animals are suffering so much
>the environment is dying
>implying there are aren't bands that do benefit concerts for food drives, money going to different causes

widespreadpanic.com/good-people/feeding-people-through-music-food-drives#!prettyPhoto

jambands.com/news/2016/09/27/members-of-the-string-cheese-incident-to-join-terrapin-all-stars-for-hawaii-benefit-show

Im old compared to a tenth grader. Like really old. I hope there are lots of tenth graders who think that way and that its not just an edgy phase they will pass through. Then there might be hope for the world. I hope future generatipns of young people will be too mature to participate in music scene douchebaggery and it becomes a relic of the past. The bread and circus cant last forever.

All this is what I like about humanity. It's all so bizarre and that makes it interesting. Even the fact that I was lucky enough to be born in a place that gives the me the privilege of making this kind of judgement. Fucking love it. Life is so weird and humanity is so positively fucked up. Sounds like you just met really shitty people. Which sucks, but maybe you can find comfort in the grand nonsensical nature of us. I do for my part.

You sound like a limp dicked faggot who doesn't understand how music is an artform like the literature you so openly worship
Stop talking from a point of objectivity with your retarded world view

lets just contribute resources to where they are needed and do away with the silly concerts then. Away with the douchebag narccicists drawing attention to themselves with their "causes".

Lost a lot of friends because I stopped playing vidya.
But I met my current gf through it.

I have a lot less anxiety and it helps me concentrate on schoolwork. I used to not listen to much of anything, but a lot of electro just makes me feel better.

Music has been the only solid, reliable friend I've had for a decade.

So it hasn't changed my life much as it has given it meaning.

Jesus fucking Christ use apostrophes you stupid nigger

I want to be a Musician?

Why are you asking?

It's a difficult question to answer, that's why, motherfucker.