What does Cred Forums think of Styx?

What does Cred Forums think of Styx?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzzZkkiJMv8
rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/pieces-of-eight-19781228
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Second best mythological river ever

Cred Forums likes to shit on American progressive rock bands

Paradise Theatre, Grand Illusion, Pieces of Eight, and Equinox were pretty good though

yeah, it's no Iardanus but it's fine.

"How to tell American art-rockers from their British counterparts? They don't play as fast and their fatalism lacks conviction."

Lethe = ROAT

Pieces of Eight [A&M, 1978]

Wanna know why Starcastle are heavying it up? They want to go platinum just like Styx. Fortunately, they haven't yet gotten around to the cathedral organ. C-

Is this the new meme? Fuck off Cristagu fags

meh... too much cheese... seems fake.

I don't always agree with him, but he hit the nail on the head about Styx. This is pretty bottom of the barrel music.

Really now, you're gonna claim Kansas was a patch on Pink Floyd?

PINK FLOYD AREN'T EVEN PROG YOU RETARD

Every time I try and listen to one of their songs, the moment Dennis DeYoung's voice kicks in, my ears detach themselves from my head and catch a plane to another continent.

posting GOAT music video

youtube.com/watch?v=CzzZkkiJMv8

That was the end of those guys anyway. They couldn't adapt to the 80s.

The cheesiness of Rush without the talent. This is what happens when prog gets too popular.

Shit.

If you like them, kill yourself. End of.

Lester Bangs also has a great takedown of Styx
rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/pieces-of-eight-19781228

As far as I know, the only Styx fans in existence are nostalgic 50 year olds.

>AND YOU'RE FOOLING YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT

>YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT

>WHY MUST YOU BE SUCH AN ANGRY YOUNG MAN

>WHEN YOUR FUTURE LOOKS QUITE BRIGHT TO ME

they're alright

Now try and listen to You Need Love without those vocals driving you to a homicidal rage.

Painful and bad.

>"What's really interesting is not that such narcissistic slop should get recorded, but what must be going on in the minds of the people who support it in such amazing numbers. Gall, nerve and ego have never been far from great rock & roll. Yet there's a thin but crucial line between those qualities and what it takes to fill arenas today: sheer self-aggrandizement on the most puerile level. If these are the champions, gimme the cripples."

Although I still say Kiss were worse for self-aggrandizement.

They are the cheeseburger of american prog rock. Nothing amazing, but nothing bad either.

Domo arigato Mr. Roboto xD