Now that the dust has settled, what does Cred Forums think of it?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Cred Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNEP-lGFSQU
youtube.com/watch?v=RrIfaNvxhio
youtube.com/watch?v=CQvcGK0MWJM
youtube.com/watch?v=nNemF7YXBa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Surely someone has an opinion

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike Casey Crescenzo's voice

What voices do you like?

10/10. Best Act. Best album 2016.
BEST OF ALL TIME

Definitely one of my favorite records this year. They really killed it live last week too

Man me too but I don't know why

I really tried to get into dear hunter when the color spectrum came out, but I couldn't do it because of the vocals

Yeah I never liked the vocals and their albums just felt way overproduced and like they were desperately trying to be something greater.

II > I > V > III > IV

>IV last
"No."

II > IV > III > I
Haven’t decided about V yet but it's top 3

I don´t know what kind of vocalists do you like. But Casey vocals have pretty much more versatility than 80% of all vocalist in progressive rock. So if you don´t like how he sounds in a song there´s probably another one you like.

The only way I could get that you don´t like it is if you are naturally repulsed by the post-harcore in the first act, he pretty much changes in style and doesn´t have the annoyances other singers in the genre have.

But I mean the guy blows out of the water all the other singers in his genre. Just think about all those nasally whiny singers in bands like Coheed or the cringy metal high tenors that sound like a musical villians or if you get into pseudo progressive whiny Jeff Buckley ripoffs like Matt Bellamy or Thom Yorke that sound like they are crying in every song, even the "saviour of prog" Steven Wilson who couldn´t express an ounce of emotion whith his singing even if his life was on the line.

I mean I would like for you to try to articulate why do you think they´re bad. There should be a reason. It isn´t like you´re retarded and can´t form a cohesive argument. You must be able to form an individual opinion which isn´t based on general biases you read on internet. I mean you must be a genius you´re commenting on Cred Forums.

This is correct

jesus dude why do you care so much

I don't care about his range or versatility or anything, I just don't like the timbre of his voice at all, and I don't think it fits the music

"overproduced": this meme needs to die. Have you ever liked a piece of music that has more than 10 instruments or tracks playing at the same time. You´re mind can´t handle that much information. Try not to listen to any music released pre 1950´s it´ll kill you you´re brain won´t be able to handle it. Why do you even try to listen to progressive music. The whole of Rock Opera is to be ambitious and grandiloquent. That doesn´t mean to be pretensious or convoluted.

The Dear Hunter is the opposite of wankery. What Casey values the most in his music is lyricism(in the musical term of the word aka melodic) and telling a story through music giving you an experience. Not wanking 20 minute guitar solos with no expression, playing scales as fast as he can. That "overproduction" is used to convey emotion and clarity with a meaning behind each aesthetic decision.

"Trying to be something greater". Why the fuck wouldn´t you do that? It doesn´t seem like he´s despirately trying. He´s just a musician achieving his vision what makes that different than any other artist out there.

Why the fuck do you listen to music? You´re just superficially listening to it. Despising someone without even giving them a real chance. And you can´t even articulate a developed argument on why.
Just taking the easy route agreeing whith the biases of the /mu pitchfork drones. Feeding the general of mindless opinion that The Dear Hunter´s a bad band. Which in actuality is one of the most creative and profound bands of the genre today.

Based on the only point that you tried to give that for you his timbre doesn´t fit the music. I´m enormously curious to know what other contemporary singers you think would fit it or do it better in their similar counterpart bands.

>typical dear hunter fan

Progressive Fallout Boy. I don't get how you guys listen to this garbage.

I love The Dear Hunter, but honestly shut the fuck up

>tfw just wanted to talk about a band I like but some autist ruins the thread

It's a shame that people have to prove the prog-rock fan stereotype.

That sounds like an amazing thing actually - checking out the album now

The singer is garbage and the story is cheesy. Some of the instrumental parts are nice though. Start from the beginning if you want to try it.

Tell us what u think user

>Progressive Fallout Boy.

Acoustic Protest the Hero

medieval weezer

Dismises Coheed and Cambria, Steven Wilson, Muse, Radiohead Dream Theatre. #progressiverockfanstereotype.

Lol because his voices used to be similar. The guy has moments were he sings really good. It´s a shame his music ain´t as good as his singing. youtube.com/watch?v=oNEP-lGFSQU

I´m the only one trying to talk about the band really in depth but no one seems to want to have a real discussion. So I guess if you don´t give a simple yeah it´s okay or generic cynic ironic answer you´re considered an autist.

Lol

Can you guys be more predictable?

Nobody fucking wants you here, also the singer is garbage and you can't accept it because you have a raging boner for corny rock opera.

>corny rock opera
not that guy but i feel like it describes the music perfectly
im into it sometimes but god it is corny

Ohh I´m sorry. I would try to accept if someone actually tried to convince me. But since you´re all wannabe trolls. I´m just saying that saying that rock opera is pretencious is retarded, just don´t listen to it or comment on this thread if you don´t have anything original to add like nobody wants you here, die when they ask you to use your mind. And I don´t get what does rock opera has to do with a singer being bad or not. Usually most are technically (based on range, control over the voice proficiency) pretty good whether I like them or not.

Convince you of what? This started because a couple of people don't like your favourite musicians voice and you couldn't accept it for some reason

I guess opera and overall classical music(up to Schoenberg) is corny because it´s pretentious and overproduced.

>first day on Cred Forums
you're digging yourself into a hole my dude
it'll only get worse if you fight it

Good Singing
youtube.com/watch?v=RrIfaNvxhio

Notice how he doesn't use his nose.

Why is a bad singer? No one even tried to argument why. Only that his timbre doesn´t fit the music that he´s playing. And to refute that argument the guy sung in pretty much countless genres. Based on quantity songs and soundcapes and emotions his music explores there should be at least a couple of songs were he´s voice fits. It´s not like he sings out of tune or anything horrible.

He sings nasally, and also sounds like a whiny teenager. Literally the only person I can think of who pulled off nasally singing without sounding like a talentless retard is Layne Staley.

Saved friendo

thanks for making this, I was considering it

It's alright. I wouldn't call it garbage, but whatever.

You could have given much better examples of singers not using nasality. Chris Cornell is using a nasal vibrato throughout the whole rock just like he´s grunge contemporaries(Eddie Vedder, Kurt Cobain) used it´s just used with a darker and lower baritone range opposite to Casey. This sonority became a cliché through the 90´s and was later taken into and extreme with the whole buttrock movement with bands like Nickleback. Here´s an example of the dear hunter not singing nasally. He even holds a notes for like 40 seconds, it´s pretty impressive techically. youtube.com/watch?v=CQvcGK0MWJM

Well keked

So you´re admiting that everyone in Cred Forums are midless wanna be trolls who won´t. I was told that here lied the most profound and esteemed music community in the whole wide web.

He is super nasally in this video. Like through the entire thing, not Mangum tier but still pretty nasally.

Oh how could I be so honoured to be remembered forever in the most acclaimed music community with my humble opinions. People I´m so flattered. You make life worth living.

Who told you that?

You´re just confirming my hypothesis

that was the point

Literally what?

>A Dear Hunter thread with 50 posts
>It's just one guy acting autistic af

Let´s do this if you say he´s nasal in this song I´ll kill myself right now. youtube.com/watch?v=nNemF7YXBa4

Or you´re saying that he needs to be more nasal like papa Jeff Magnum to be the most aclaimed artist on the internet?

Dude are you joking, he is incredibly nasally in this song. Do you not have fucking ears?

they're fine, but it's just pop punk/scene emo shit with a story. there's nothing progressive about the music in the slightest

I guess I´ll have to do it. Turns out i was deaf this whole time. My existence has been reduced to nothing since my ears aren´t reliable. In the previous song(His Hands) doesn´t it sound a little bit like Paul McCartney. Oh wait is he nasal too? Doesn´t he like Paul neither. OH NO! OH MY GOD! I´M INSANE I NEED TO DIE.

Thank you for helping me to get to this realization. Now I guess I need to part away and stop polluting this world with my delusional perception. I wish all of you the best of luck in what remains of your lives.

I love the Dear Hunter. However, I'm still trying to get into this album. There are a few songs I like tho.

Ok, to (hopefully) get this thread back on topic:
Has anyone seen them on their current tour? I saw them last year, not sure it's worth seeing them again.

Please do, the world could use one less retard. Plus Paul McCartney hardly a nasally singer in his prime, if you wanted to make some bullshit comparison for effect you should have used Lennon. It just shows that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

but he's right tbf

It´s supposedly the final tour where they´ll be playing act songs. (that´s probably bullshit, but he´ll play a lot less)

Also you should get earlier. Because he talks with the fans and if you have any doubts he´ll be discussing the story.

>gets btfo
>y-you're autistic!

I can accept that people might not like caseys voice for its timbre, since that's subjective. But objectively speaking he's a very skilled singer; his voice is clear and projects well and he had a solid range. He's better than the average rock singer.

Before the show or before TDH plays? They have opening acts.

Before the show during Soundcheck. I think it´s paid though