This album would be banned today. It's too harsh, too cruel, too crazy

This album would be banned today. It's too harsh, too cruel, too crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mars/mars_live/
youtube.com/watch?v=8dtaBsZ3iKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if death grips and xiu xiu albums dont get banned, then it would be totally fine.

This album would be banned today. It's too harsh, too cruel, too crazy.

this is my favourite nick cave album. I only knew his more recent stuff which I find kind of boring but when this was posted in a No Wave thread I checked it out because the album title sounded interesting and I was blown away. This is the kind of stuff I can listen to when I'm really depressed and I'm depressed a lot atm so it' perfect

It's raw honesty. Brilliance, just hurt, painful stories of humanity.

So rarely seen these days. Black Paul would not be one to sing about in 2016...

I can listen to just about anything else in the genre around this time period (PiL, The Pop Group, Pere Ubu, This Heat, etc.) but I seriously cannot get into anything Nick Cave has done. I just don't like his voice nor the music he sings over.

Anything else like this? Particularily like Cabin Fever?

What about MARS?

Only heard one of their songs but from what I can remember it was pretty good

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mars/mars_live/

Find this. You'll love it.

Can't deicide which one is my favorite. Great taste OP.

Like whole work of Nick Cave, tonight I'm listening to ''Henry's Dream'' and ''Murder Ballads''

Murder Ballads is so romantic. Haven't found a single soul to agree, but I stick to this.

It is. I Agree. But man..''Song of Joy'' I don't know what to say about that one. Astonishing

>COMES TO PAY US A VISIT
>I'LL FUCK BILLY DILLY IN HIS MOTHERFUCKING ASS

Well, yeah. You forget that the prostitute in that song was willing to drop drawers regardless.

How do I sing like him?

Lack of care. That's pretty much it.

drink, and be a bad person

and smoke.
and hangout with Henry Rollins

Isn't Misery pre Rollins? That motherfucker stole Cave's act

Huh, I've been checking out older Cave and I'm not such a fan of this one. Especially Avalanche- I think Cohen gets away with the melodramatic lyrics in the original because it's all so stripped down and subtle. Nick Cave sings it like a comic book villain.

Because he WAS a villain. Birthday Party was all about ugliness. Pain, misery. The Nick Cave studio album was pure randomness, it didn't really have a cause to exist, but yet...it inspired millions.

Love this album. Pic related is the only thing I know that's somehow similar. Also Cop by Swans maybe

drink and smoke since childhood.

>but yet...it inspired millions.
Wtf is this reddit bullshit?

Are you kidding me?

If it weren't for Cave in the 80s, grunge wouldn't exist. Alienation from an idea would seem...wrong. But here he is, existing, selling records.

You are an ignorant asshole.

I like this a lot, it's the only Nick Cave album I know. Which of his albums should I check out next? What's essential?

where can i get

Murder Ballads IS Nick Cave in his entirety. If you love that, and get it, you get Cave.

>If it weren't for Cave in the 80s, grunge wouldn't exist

lol k

I am talking about your writing style. Stop with this overly emotional crap.
>would seem...wrong.
ugh

>This album would be banned today.
No, it wouldn't. I don't know why people like you insist on painting "today" this way. If that was the case people would have a vendetta against Nick Cave and mainstream outlets wouldn't be pushing his new album so hard and artists like Death Grips wouldn't be so popular

At worst it would have been subject to more dumb criticism

he probably talks that way too, with these drawn out pauses to try to be dramatic

it's the ellipses man, this ain't a soap opera.

Okay yes, banned was a little too far you're right.

I was speaking to the idea of what is acceptable today. It would be seen as offensive, and thus...problematic. Hated.

Lies! I am very frontwards. I abuse ellipses as a writing style. A fault of mine to determine pause and consequence. I am wrong in that count.

the good son, no more shall we part.

whats wrong with it?

quit being a melodramatic faggot

>Lies! I am very frontwards. I abuse ellipses as a writing style. A fault of mine to determine pause and consequence. I am wrong in that count.
You're still doing it.

I love Cave and I think Murder Ballads is one of his shittier albums.

definitely wouldnt be banned but people would be very fucking pissed, u remember all the MUH MUSOGGYKNEE surrounding the push the sky away front cover. cave was and to some extent still is a provocateur, i still dont get why people get pissed at his lyrics and themes

how's drama class going kid

Tender Prey
Let Love In
The Boatman's Call
Skeleton Tree

The Boatman's Call, Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus, and Skeleton Tree are my personal favorites.

thanks, Cave seems to be a real personal thing since noone can agree on essentials. I'll just listen to all of it

>noone

learn to spell you fucking millennial

Cannot, I'm an alcoholic. All we speak is in sentences.

Sorry, man.

If you can't post like a non-cunt your best bet is to not post

>sunday morning/skeleton tree
this honestly fucking kills me, its only the first line but it brings tears to my eyes, something about his voice is just to briliiant, its a long way from now, but i already cant wait for their next album, hoping they stay in this direction of sound

I disagree, on the basis that what one may find offenseive, one other may find beatific.

Isn't that music at its core?

Murder Ballads is cheesy, Tender Prey is Cave at his best.

From Her to Eternity is my favorite but I always thought Henry's Dream is a close second. I always considered it like the perfect combination of every one of his styles and plus the songs are amazing

nice meme

Good, he's trash.

His lyrics are pure cringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=8dtaBsZ3iKo

It is offensive. That's the point, exactly the reaction it's going for. It wasn't released in some magical time where it was considered normal and acceptable

Try his latest material. Skeleton Tree and Push the Sky Away are pretty different from the rest of his discography.
Pleb.

Do music albums actually get banned this day and age?