clyp.it/xwtvodap
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases
vocaroo.com/i/s1W2j6NBV9Gu
youtube.com/watch?v=tzj6YHxr2xg
clyp.it/0fto0e5o
clyp.it/pofib3an
vocaroo.com/i/s11kfKCAVugY
vocaroo.com/i/s1yiIbpz8vdd
reverb.com/item/640757-canadian-cedar-deluxe-8-course-lute-w-gig-bag?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CPWv1cXOs88CFViTfgodtuEA6g
reverb.com/item/1958028-deluxe-8-course-lute-sheesham-canadian-cedar-w-bag?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CLfc7MPOs88CFQ9EfgodCNIGSg
youtube.com/watch?v=4LYzo7laax4
en.folkfriends.com/Renaissance Lute 15 strings - Mulberry body with case,i9.htm
en.folkfriends.com/Cobza-romanian-lute,i2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=fk_q2-xFy2Y
vocaroo.com/i/s14hmzIuKeCu
discord.gg/8djZj
youtube.com/watch?v=CyDg0k8VxQQ
soundcloud.com/vhsvibes/demo12
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/image/S8Bac_HGrkha2hTVBsCpLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bbCoMh5yhGY
youtube.com/watch?v=7cer5dnZ3kk
amazon.com/Yamaha-Pacifica-PAC012DLX-Electric-Sunburst/dp/B003NZ06W6
vocaroo.com/i/s0DpZc3imqvd
youtube.com/watch?v=hzjDrdtP0-s
stashstainlessbass.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fAVxqwiyoQo
youtube.com/watch?v=p2JMEoK_o0A
clyp.it/1ik3i1d2
strat-talk.com/threads/american-standard-truth-with-psa.411539/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck Paul McCartney

McCartney was a better guitarist than harrison.

>Maple or rosewood fretboards on J / P Basses?

Difference in tone is a meme, I'm talking in terms of aesthetics.

McCartney is better than Harrison in every facet except being an Indian weeb.

Aesthetics is pretty meme-y too, you retard.

The real difference is usually maple has a finish on it, where darker woods are usually bare (except for dye to make them darker than they are). A finished fretboard will make it easy to wipe away finger-gunk that accumulates over the years where a bare peice of wood will absorb it inside the little natural grooves...gross!

Nah, Harrison was a better singer.

Are tonewoods a meme?

TONEWOODS

damnit I want a Rickenbacker

Is the bass big muff pi good for a shoegazey tone? That's not all I plan to use it for but I'm just wondering if it would work better than something like a boss overdrive.

Are you playing a bass? If not, you might not like the way it saturates the low end on a guitar.

If we're strictly talking aesthetics, it really depends on the body finish/color and the pickguard. I like rosewood on sunburst and maple on black a lot, but other than that it's pretty interchangeable.

Are you too lazy to clean your damn instrument and take care of the wood or something? Literally 5 extra minutes with a rag and some linseed oil every time you change the strings.

I am playing a bass.

Are they a meme?

memest of memes

>I am playing a bass.
READ THE OP
NO BASS PLAYERS ALLOWED
just wait until the next thread

Anyone every played one of these old silvertone amp in case guitars? they sound pretty thin but i played one today and man does it feel good, more of the funnest guitars i've played.

Then go for what sounds good, my friend. If you like it and want to shoegaze with it, then go for it.

BASSFAGS GO

>memest of memes

RONDO
O
N
D
O

Anyone here play classical guitar? I need new strings and someone told me about hard tension strings I think. What about extra hard tension? Which tension is best for me? Daddrio also sells a "flamenco set" that have a custom tension, not sure what that means. Can I just put them on like normal or?

You need to watch the top for rippling when using high tension strings, not all classicals have the bracing required, especially cheaper ones. Unless you need it I'd stick with some Savarez red card mediums.

Let's all submit our guitar skills and get roasted on

vocaroo.com/i/s0rznnwGuvqr

OK I think my guitar is on the cheaper end, nothing fancy but it is still pretty nice. Can I tell if it has the proper bracing? And what about those custom tension strings?

>How long have you been playing?
Coming up on 2 years
>Fav guitars?
hipster offsets, and the ORM-1 (no bully)
>Fav guitarists?
J Mascis, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, D Boon, John Fahey
>Projects?
I guess now I'm going to start honing my fingerpicking, playing Fahey pieces and writing my own Primitive Guitar stuff.

>2 years playing, hipster offsets, J Mascis, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Oh no another one of these

here's something I put on clyp clyp.it/0cylxuns

I swear I can redeem myself :(

>I swear I can redeem myself
>posts that clyp

please stop.

You should learn how to play Dear Prudence by the beatles, that really help me with finger picking

The only way to tell is if the top gets a wave or a ripple just above the bridge under the strings, or the neck gets out of wack. I can't say for the D'addarios as I've only used Savarez, they make a better string.

no it's good you stop

I'm learning Nick Drake stuff right now, which I think is pretty good practice

about 2 years, just starting to get decent though
>Fav guitars?
Jazzmasters, Telecasters, Jaguars, some cheap frankenstein I got from a shop
>Fav guitarists?
J Mascis, Thurston Moore, Tony Iommi, Tom Verlaine, Elliott Smith, Isaac Brock, Doug Martsch, and Peter Buck

there are more of these?

>Nick Drake
not bad dude, which song?

you haven't even submitted anything

Really, anything in Open C, so Pink Moon, Place to Be, and Parasite right now

Embarrassing, kill yourself

what the fuck how are y'all the same boring-ass person

p-pls no bully
I was just being honest ;-;

no it's all good i'm just being an ass desu if i answered those questions I would probably have very similar answers bcs i'm also a boring-ass person

me too user samesies

>being a McCartneyfag

Ahh ok. I looked at some savarez, they cost a few dollars more but they probably are a better string. I'll probably just go with a daddario set, it's cheaper and in the end I don't need much right now anyway. D string started not tuning so I guess this set is starting to wear out. I might try some ernie ball again, they make a ball end nylon string that sounds pretty good. At least it did when I played them years ago. I also would like to put some way to have a strap for my guitar. I tried to do it already but took the screw out, I was told it was not the right kind for the job. Did I fuck up my guitar? And where can I put screws to put a strap?

clyp.it/xwtvodap

Massive meme on electric
Still a meme on acoustic just not as much

>clyp.it/xwtvodap
name of song?

this is really nice i love it

Bruce Cockburn - Foxglove

hey guys im thinking of buying a lute, but which one and where can i get the best? How much cash to I need to fork so i dont end up with a piece of broken shit? pic related

>not playing theorbo instead

posted this in the previous and everybody bashed on my voice, so please don't throw hate on that. do please however, offer me some criticism on the instrumentals.
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases

how does that change to sound

my names blurry face and i care what you think

cry, if you're gonna hate the voice that's fine, just please offer criticism on the instrumentals.

>which one

that depends on you. you can get something average, something crazy like an archlute or a theorbo, etc. Good instruments are expensive, at least several hundred dollars. I was looking at some cheap lutes that were in the range of 400-600$ US, maybe you can find a deal. You can also rent one from the Lute Society and probably other places as well. I'm poor so I thought about getting a guitar lute even though it's basically just a guitar I guess. I saw one guy making guitars styled as lutes as well, they look pretty great.

that seems like it would be heavy

>Playing something with only 12 frets and bass strings that can't be fretted.

whats the difference between regular lutes and crazy ones like archlute n theorbo?

Wish I could find/afford one.

this guy gets it

pretty good dude 1997 core is what we need

Nothing really I guess, they are bigger instruments with a bigger range and more strings is all.

we don't need frets where we're goin bro.

>only 12 frets
>only

You can do more with those 12 frets than you think. It looks like it has 9-10 strings running across the fretboard, not counting the 3-4 open ones on top

please elaborate? whats 1997 core?

i suck at gypsy jazz but trying2learn

vocaroo.com/i/s1W2j6NBV9Gu

>vocaroo.com/i/s1W2j6NBV9Gu
not bad at all, sounds like early acustic surf rock

some of your chord progression is like foo fighters or blink 182

reminds me a lot of listener but like not quite as good. youtube.com/watch?v=tzj6YHxr2xg
you've got some some solid potential tho i definitely like the production and the guitar work is p cool, just keep on workin at what you're doing!!

>being anything other than a McCartneyfag

Same to be honest
clyp.it/0fto0e5o

My classical 'shred' comes out more as a slurry of notes rather than precise movements, but it's still fun

george is the only good beatle, and fake paul sucks compared to real paul

please get out of this thread ty

nice dubs, and thank you so much. I love listener, def a big inspiration.

>Beatles
>good

Pick one, plebs.

>implying George wasn't the best Beatle in every way

Someone's selling this for $75 on CL, good buy for my partscaster?

thats way better than my shitty fake gypsy jazz

im still getting used to stringing together lines over those progressions, i haven't really attempted those crazy django techniques yet

idk how that mother fucker plays so fast with just two fingers

sounds pretty good to my pleb ears my friend, you're being too hard on yourself

>implying ringo wasn't the best beatle in every way

>implying the other beatles werent holding Paul back

>unironically liking Ringo

Even John was superior to Ringo.

>unironically liking john

he had no real talent

Well his solo career was shit too so obviously they weren't holding him back.

>implying paul had a solo career

that isn't real paul

John at least had more talent than Ringo.

shut the fuck up.
objective power ranking
>John
>George/Paul they're equal
>Ringo

nice meme

>he fell for the faul meme

>george/paul they're equal

holy shit what kind of super autism is this? LOL

Sure..
clyp.it/pofib3an

>objective
>is wrong

wew lad

Okay I need share my interaction with a CL seller

>Be me
>Ad posted 2 weeks ago for a 2014 MIM Fender Strat for USD 300 (Bone stock guitar, no upgrades)
>Only contact info is the CL email that forwards to the seller's personal email
>AlrightLetsDoThis.jpg
>Email the seller asking for serial #, plus detailed questions regarding the condition, maintenance, and reasons for selling
>Get short, non-descriptive, almost "cold shoulder" like answers from the seller
>Has one of those auto signatures that say "Sent from my Iphone"
>OhBoyHereWeGo.jpg
>I email back saying "it looks good, I'd like to try it out and if feels good we can discuss pricing"
>Seller says "300 is a firm price, it's half new"
>Think to myself "well that sucks you paid markup on it, most likely at a GC, but I'm not paying you to recuperate your loss"
>I email him with a 50 dollar cheaper price as I did some quick searching and found the exact same guitar (same condition too) for 50 dollars cheaper in my area
>Seller says he has other offers
>AwSchucksThatSucksForMeOhWell.jpg
>Mind you that was 10 days ago he said he had other offers
>Check today and see the ad still up, so I message the seller again and see if it is still available
>Seller says it is
>My sides go into orbit as the seller tried bluffing me with his "other offers" which obviously were fake or fell through
>Seller also says that he will keep it unless he gets his asking price
>UhhYeahNawBuddyGoodLuckWithThat.jpg
>I remember I did some searching on local shops sites and the GC site for the exact same used guitar
>I sent the seller several links to similar guitars for prices between 250-300, which ALL of them have a 45 day return guarantee for your money back if you don't like it (which I made clear in the message to the seller)
>The seller messages me saying at this point he doesn't care what I show him, and that I do not contact him anymore, and that he is not selling it for any price
>Don't forget the finishing "Sent from my iPhone"

i mean in the beatles, paul much higher than george in his solo work.

wew

best beatles:
1. george
2. everyone else

John was a shitty guitarist, subpar lyricist, and decent at best vocalist.
George was the best guitarist, best vocalist, and had the best solo career.

This is true
This is not

>faul
>meme

lel lad

>baroq-ulele
>MultiOud
>Lute Kulele
>Travel Lute

We need a Beatles general.

john had a good voice for screaming

that's....pretty much it. shitty guitarist and shitty songwriter once he stopped working with paul. his solo stuff is so awful.

Nah, here is the power ranking

Solo McCartney > Beatles McCartney > Beatles John > Beatles Harrison > Solo John > Solo Harrison >>> Beatles Ringo = Solo Ringo

OP of that post here, I just wanted to finish saying that I'm not even mad I couldn't get the guitar, as it's a generic MIM strat that they make hundreds of that I can get at another time.

But like, you're trying to sell on CL and you have to compete with the local shops, GC, and other CL sellers, you'd have to budge a little. Also, the seller didn't even seem "social" about the guitar, like really? I've sold and bought on CL many of times and all the successful transactions occurred because the other party and I had an in-depth dialogue about the item.

Oh and also "Sent from my iPhone" - that makes me irrationally angry.

Beatles autists please go. Make a containment thread for your overrated band and let the rest of us talk about actual musicians

You sound like dick here. If you can buy it cheaper elsewhere why don't you?

Muscle relaxants make it difficult to concentrate.

>clyp.it/pofib3an
amazin

you have something against lutes?

thank you my brother

thanks, do you have anything to listen?

>john had a good voice for screaming
This.
>his solo stuff is so awful.
So much this.

Like I said, vocaroo.com/i/s11kfKCAVugY

Muscle relaxants make it difficult to concentrate.

r8 h8 eviscer8

vocaroo.com/i/s1yiIbpz8vdd

classical is cheating stop making everyone look bad

Honestly, aesthetics. But that criteria is so low on my list that I don't mind waiting for another to pop up

that's pretty much my experience with reverb when i was looking for pedals

>find a pedal
>send offer close to what the price guide says
>offer declined
>"I'm not selling x for anything lower than 95% of what I originally paid for it"

god damnit

Well at least I finally completed my board, I haven't bought anything since

lol what are you talking about??

tfw don't need any more pedals and am perfectly happy with my setup

Alright i think i found some good lutes
reverb.com/item/640757-canadian-cedar-deluxe-8-course-lute-w-gig-bag?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CPWv1cXOs88CFViTfgodtuEA6g
reverb.com/item/1958028-deluxe-8-course-lute-sheesham-canadian-cedar-w-bag?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CLfc7MPOs88CFQ9EfgodCNIGSg
which one should i get? or should i go cheaper?

Do it pussy

>tfw happy with my guitar, amp and pedal chain
>no plans on buying anything new or "upgrading"
>recently sold off a guitar I don't use anymore

what a great feel

>tfw recently upgraded from piece-of-shit to actually decent bass
>just picked up a new pedal
>can't sell my old shitties because lol who wants shitties
>still not sure if the content-with-my-current-gear feeling will last
>tfw buying gear might not fill the void in my soul

So I'm thinking of picking up a reverb for my bass, what are some good ones that don't strangle my low end?

Yeah , if it was me I might try to go cheaper and even try to play one before you buy one. I don't know how serious you are but this is 800 dollars. I mean yeah it would be pretty great to get something like you posted.

Some colors are worth more than others so it's not unreasonable for him to be firm on the price. When people say their price is firm they usually do it because they don't want to deal with hagglers, at all. Not even worth arguing with them.

No

kind of sounds like shit. Maybe the cedar version is a bit warmer.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LYzo7laax4

>started writing poetry to write lyrics eventually
>tried writing sarcastically to make it easy
>forgot I had it out and dad saw it
It was first person point of view from someone I wanted to make fun of. The guy I was making fun of is homicidal. There is no indicator I was being sarcastic and I can't explain it away. My dad thinks I'm school shooter tier now. How do I recover from this?

You don't man, dive off into the deep end.

Glad to hear you at least finished your board. As for me there will be plenty others to pick up later on

post the lyrics

Why does every instrument I want to learn have to be expensive to get started on?

tell him it was just a prank

If you buy a pedal case it'll limit how many pedals you can have. That way you're forcing yourself to get the pedals you really need, prevents you from GAS'ing, and most importantly you're not distracted by a bunch of stompboxes when you're playing. You should focus on your hands, not feet.

Also I play guitar but I use a reverb/delay combo (Dispatch Master), I'm not sure how it sounds with a bass but I love it.

whats that first song? ive heard it only during christmas

5 years I think
>Fav guitars?
Jackson has cool stuff, Gibson sgs are neat. 70s Japanese stuff is cool too.
Own two Jacksons, would like to buy a nice gib sg.
>Fav guitarists?
Eh
>Projects?
Recording stuff for stoner metal/ heavy phyc band. Looking for other bands. Repairing guitars and tube amps. Buying and fliping stuff to buy dream Amp I found in middleofnowhere pawnshop.
Also r8 my pedals.

I know man it sucks. I was looking at bass viols that were thousands of dollars. But now some guy makes a guitarviol, looks pretty cool. And then there's the keyboard instruments, a good one of them will set you back.

Oh I know certain colors command more money, like the sparkly blue and red ones. But this guitar had a black basic paint with a white pick guard.

dude thats greensleeves

ah, english folk. i like that. this gives me nostalgia, is there other english folk that i should hear? I probably have heard alot more

ALSO found a much cheaper lute!
en.folkfriends.com/Renaissance Lute 15 strings - Mulberry body with case,i9.htm

and theres this romanian lute, looks like an oud without holes
en.folkfriends.com/Cobza-romanian-lute,i2.htm
Does the lute look good though?

Sounds like greensleeves

It's not folk music but John Dowland IS the lute, you should check him out.

>inb4 some faggot calls Dowland emo

Listen to his Galliards, his Fantasias, etc. Playing the lute is what made him famous and successful all throughout Europe in his time.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1yiIbpz8vdd
beautiful, bring me back to times of happiness, flamenco is the best

whats the best source for some simple backing tracks to practice soloing over?

good show lead guitar material, especially the spanish scales

I wrote them on paper. It'd seriously be beyond painful to type them out. And trust me, it was super specific and if this became an ebin meme the guy would fucking see it and know. Sorry but I can't.

Give us a little sample at least.

Thank you. I am always deleting my recordings never happy with them. Messed up the Dmajor chord at the end of the first section there.

alright, this should be a nice little slice of cringe

I wrote them over a whiny message the guy sent me saying he was sick of me and how he wanted me to fuck off. He wrote fuck off multiple times throughout, which I thought was hilarious. Every other line said fuck off in different ways to rhyme with the previous sentence. It was some psss nothing personelle kid type shit, but that was the point, it was ironic. But now my dad thinks I wrote that shit 100% serious.

This guy also told me he wanted to fuck the rabbit from zootopia so I included a bit about lusting over rabbits. Kill me.

Hey, guys. My name is Lucas and I was wandering if you cold be possibly kind enough to watch my first video and give an opinion about it. Thank you very much. youtube.com/watch?v=fk_q2-xFy2Y

what's up with you newfags not linking to the old thread?

when I turn my fuzz box and distortion on together in a chain the line static is super loud. very noticeable in a recording, what do I do about this?

Maple necks with rosewood fretboards are junk. Why would someone want their guitar looking as a frankenstein's monster? Rosewood fretboard can look nice on a two-color sunburst, cause they are of similar palatte, but with any other finish it just makes your guitar looks like a piece of shit.

i watched it

what's the advantage of linking to a dead thread?

Are you sure this is a 2001? How'd it get the chainsaw case?
Not him but I'll answer your stupid ass newfriend question: like many other people here I usually only come to Cred Forums for /gg/ threads every few days or so and if you haven't linked to the old threads I have to then dig through the archive to find them which is an inconvenience.

If you're so fucking stupid/lazy you can't link the old thread in the OP then don't bother starting a new thread.

It's kind of funny that you berate people like OP for being stupid/lazy, and simultaneously complain about the trivial exercise of searching the archive.

Learning to play bass, moving over from twenty years of guitar, and determined to learn fingerstyle to play bass correctly instead of being a lazy guitar player using pick as a crutch. I started earlier this week and it has been really weird feel to have my fret hand know what it's doing but plucking hand completely lost.

The main thing is that my pinky kept getting in the way of my ring finger (I am learning to use three fingers straight away). My solution has been to loosely tape my pinky to my ring finger so they always move in tandem and pinky stays out of the way. The tape goes around second joint of ring finger lining up around first joint of pinky. It felt way better immediately.

>the trivial exercise of searching the archive
Which I wouldn't have to do at all if you weren't obviously a brand newfriend of a distinctly homosexual/reddit persuasion who doesn't know how to properly set up a /gg/ thread ;^)

FYI

Is $65 for a Celestion Vintage 30 a good price?

unsubscribe

How come basses often don't have pickup selector switches? Seems like most of them just have volume knobs to activate one or the other or both.

I have a 60s classic stratocaster with a 7.25 radius neck which I hate but love the look and pickups. could I just slap on a 9.5 radius neck without anything bad happening?

If you play with your fingers aka traditionally, they could get in the way and mess up both the pickup selection and picking

this. just put in in the op next time you fuckin retard. it's not that hard

a noise suppressor pedal could probably help you (iSP Decimator II is pretty widely regarded as the best on the market), but why would you want to get rid of all that sweet sweet noise??

LEWD.

Post more.

that's all I have

because it sounds like shit on the track when the guitar isnt playing

>can't take 10 seconds to look through the archive for the old thread

Figures you're a filthy weeaboo degenerate.

>60s classic stratocaster
>hardtail
I don't know what that is but it ain't no MIM 60s classic player

>desperately trying to find the downvote button
lurk moar reddit newfag

no go fuck yourself im top memer on /r/mu/sic/ and i will not stand for this slander im not a newfag im an oldfag u need to show me respect or i iwll report u to moot im friends wirth moot and hell ban u :) enjoy ur ban f*ggot

>Neo-Cred Forums users don't know what b8 looks like, no matter how obvious.
lol, I was actually looking for you. Pic related.

I'm just gonna take a little victory lap here, you were so assobliterated about my PRS troll on Friday () that you HAD to make a thread about it on Monday ().

You spent the whole weekend raw assed and steaming, lmao.

You should seriously consider going back to wherever the fuck you came from, faggot. This shit's just sad.

ehx cathedral

this seagull acoustic guitar i just bought doesnt have a pickguard, so i guess im learning to play fingerstyle

are you supposed to walk your fingers like when you play bass, or is there a certain finger designated for each string?

Does anyone have the invite link to the Discord from the last thread or did it already turn to shit?

vocaroo.com/i/s14hmzIuKeCu

looking for a tonebender mk2 pedal,any rec?

the faggot who set it up made way too many channels on the server, so even when there are like 12 people online they're all spread out and there are so many communication barriers with having to jump between channels to talk to people

it should have been
Server: /gg/
Channel: /gg/

but this idiot decided on
Server:/gg/
Channels: /intro/, /general/, /guitar/, /recording/, /writing/, /offtopic/, /band-meetup/, etc. there used to be even more but he took a few off.

anyway discord.gg/8djZj

>idiot
>guitarist
what a shocker

not really a shocker, because plenty of people play guitar

but there are some guitarists who are to guitar what 420blazeit fags are to smoking weed, and i think thats the type of person to whom youre referring with your greentext

as a general rule, thumb plays bottom three strings, finger each for the top three

>speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/releases
Hey it's NuBrah again

>plenty of idiots play guitar
ftfy

Anyone else at the Megadeth show in Seattle yesterday? Crowd energy was awful, lot of assholes too. They play well live though.

Also, anyone know how Jeff plays Arms So Real? Guess the chords are Eb and Ab but which form is he using

your edginess is becoming obnoxious.

though the guitar definitely attracts a lot of nonserious musicians. but they usually give up after a little while.

>but they usually give up after a little while
yeah then and all that's left are idiots. what a weird way to reinforce my original point

why do you think guitar players are idiots?

are you a guitar player?

>Seattle
Low energy, Sad.

>Dowland IS the Lute
Weiss was way better and is the lute.
Dowland sang simple(pretty) songs to get pussy.
Fight me fgt.

for you

Your flowing tears needs some work.
Practice using less energy when you pluck. Many of those strokes sound forced.
Try cross string trilling on some of the ornamentation too, though not accurate(for lute), it makes some lute and (especially)harpsichord pieces sound better.

>weiss was way better

*yawn*

prove it, rec me some weiss and lets see how it compares to songs like forlorn hope fancy, Mr. knights galliard, giles hobies galliard

pro tip you cannot

I want to start playing, but im 22. Should I even bother?

the song is called Fortune my foe, but thanks anyway

>especially cheaper ones
I wouldn't recommend putting high tension strings on luthier guitars either.
Luthier guitars are built much lighter, a nail could put a hole straight through the top.
If the top wasn't your first concern then the neck should be, wood likes to move and there are still a fair amount of classical guitars without truss rods because they weren't "traditional."

I want to start playing, but I'm 22. Should I even bother?

Yes, you can get to a decent level it just takes time and practice

Should I just get a cheap acoustic and practice beginner shit?

Some cheap acoustics can be pretty uncomfortable to play but if you're hesitant it's probably the best route

yes
yes
yes. if you have no formal instruction then definitely learn to read music from the get-go. all the guitar plebs that you hear about that just learn GNR songs from tabs and dont even know what a dotted quarter note is are completely hopeless

you can get like a $400 acoustic used for $250 and then take it to a shop to get the action and intonation set up, put some decent strings on it and it will sound like butter

>yes
there you go then

It's 2am and I'm in bed for the night.
youtube.com/watch?v=CyDg0k8VxQQ

I don't keep and Weiss in my repertoire, mostly because renaissance music's lack of conventional harmonies is off-putting. (I do have a book of the earliest punlished guitar music from the early 16th century that I sight read sporadically, but that's it)
If I play anything tomorrow I'll play some Bach, Torroba, Barrios, or something and I'll post it here.

>there you go then
so no evidence, analysis, or even a sloppy Cred Forums rhetoric to support your proposition. and, somehow you think i'm the idiot.

2/10 because i actually thought you might say something interesting

are you the guy that plays the cello prelude la campanella? I want to hear that

There's no way to set the intonation on an acoustic unless you want to have them make a compensated saddle and nut.
They come out of the factory the way they are and the intonation will be (mostly) correct or someone fucked up in the building process.

>i actually thought
lol that's highly doubtful but thanks for reinforcing my point for me once again

Actually yeah, I'll post a bit of it tomorrow.
It's a neat sound, but certainly not traditional, it's based on the many arrangements in D Major.
I also considered tuning my four low strings to C-G-D-A and just playing the cello suite exactly how it was written. Didn't sound too bad, but lacked excitement.

Wrong.
Solo McCartney > Beatles McCartney > Beatles John > Beatles Harrison > Solo Harrison >Solo John >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beatles Ringo > Solo Ringo

>user points out lack of rhetorical support
>'lol thanks for reinforcing my point'
>thinks that by saying that user reinforced his point the audience will automatically believe user actually did reinforce his point

trump? is that you?

user, I...

was for

>literal idiot replying to the wrong person
lol, poetry

not a part of this but you are making yourself look like a massive dumbass right now lmao

Love when people talk about politics like they are informed

soundcloud.com/vhsvibes/demo12

testing out on how to record better. sorry to shill the soundcloud hah

How should I approach atonal playing while retaining some sort of melody ?

turn the pedals off when ur not playing??

yea i suppose that was somewhat fortuitous for you, but it's teetering on the thinnest definition of circumstantial and you have yet to build a bonafide case against my intelligence, or that of any other guitar player, so the 'happy accident' as it were proves nothing other than the fact that you are too stupid to actually support your claims.

anyway; whatever. if this is how you entertain yourself, through propagating some delusion that youre superior to people youve never met, then youre probably a piece of shit irl and 90% of the people who know you regret ever spending time with you.

as for you, how about spending some time listening to the way your candidate speaks. if you have any sense you'll appreciate the accuracy of that greentext.

kek why does my childhood ibenhad still get posted here

>my intelligence
lol

lmao, I really hope you're being serious.

shitty "trolls" and posting other people's gear, as well as the "filthy dumb newfag scum" image (), it's just roman again, see the archive.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/image/S8Bac_HGrkha2hTVBsCpLA

I sold my Squier CV Tele recently on reverb and got pic related from craigslist this afternoon for $300. For a MIK Gretsch it's fantastic (sturdy electronics, Bigsby aligned right, etc.). Took the pickguard off because fingerpicking/muh eff holes. Overall I'm glad I ditched the Tele meme and can't wait to get a Princeton/something similar to play this through.

lol

Will they ever learn, family?

*pic related

what a hobby. i'm considering putting a PAF in the bridge/rewiring everything so it's actually useful for something.

Aesthetic d e s u

Thank you, she's a beaut, I have a tele too ill post after I take this shit.

How many times are you gonna post this boring asian shitplank, retard? No one cares. You'd think you would've figured this out the first ten times you posted it.

Wouldn't you need to re-route a bit ?

>No one cares.
well obviously you care enough to complain about it

here she is

Your switch is naked, lewd

Why are you guys proud of those shitsticks?

I am proud of my guitars because i worked my fucking jobs to get them.

and yes the switch is naked, it adds character imo desu.

I am drunk, but give me a year ya'll will be shitposting about me.

What are some fun old school death metal songs to learn? Crystal mountain is a lot of fun to play

You could have bought a proper fucking guitar and not that.

Nice Tele, user. I, too, have a MIM Tele with no switch (or knobs).

Thinking of painting one white and one black with matching head stocks.

at least I have a decent guitar for playing gigs other than some squire piece of trash

let's makes music together bud

Death after Spiritual Healing isn't exactly OSDM but rather just old death metal.
Morgoth is fun to play.
youtube.com/watch?v=bbCoMh5yhGY

how much money do i have to spend to earn your Not-A-Shitstick Seal of Approval?

Anything but a Fender slab, matey.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cer5dnZ3kk

Old Morbid Angel is fun.

Blue or blue burst + maple is fucking awesome.

>I am drunk, but give me a year ya'll will be shitposting about me.
lol

Guess I'm done

Are there any guitars that closely approximate an ideal blackbody?

>blackbody
Your wife's gettin' that itch again, huh?

how much time does it take to get googd at the guitar?

not shreddin' good, just playing weezer songs good

bout tree fiddy

the only correct answer

thinking of buying a guitar for my gf as a gift, she likes stuff like Cap'n Jazz, Big Black, R.E.M,, Jawbreaker, and Sonic Youth
I'm not exactly well-versed in guitars, so I thought I'd ask you guys what would be a good guitar to buy

>weezer songs good

They all play different brands, R.E.M.'s Peter Buck plays Rickenbacker's, S. Y. play Fender offsets, Jawbreaker, plays Gibson LP's.
HSS Yamaha are good beginners.
amazon.com/Yamaha-Pacifica-PAC012DLX-Electric-Sunburst/dp/B003NZ06W6

>weezer songs good

Yeah I realized they used different brands, just looking for an all rounder since her birthday is coming up
I'll check it out

Post your guitar.

fuck op this is a bass thread now

SPAYC BAYS

Oh nevermind, that's the crappy commercial version. The actual thing is so much cooler.

yea i know but i grabbed an image off google real quick like

Dude fuck yeah! I love the space bass! I wish I could afford it though dammit. Also, it looks like a bitch to play (standing and sitting) plus I bet it's heavy as hell too.

>Pic Related, the uhh REAL space bass boppaaa

Don't disrespect the spayc bays man!
That's the old one, pic related is the current one from Warwick.

its not experimental just bc its long and boring famalam. Your voice reminds me of jeffrey lewis which i actually like, but you could do a lot better with the overall arrangement. And it'd be better if the vocals were more dynamic. Just my onion.

Bass meme machines? Bass meme machines.

I got a used TS9 last night for $50. It's dirty (physically) but works wonderfully.

Just wanted you all to know.

Here's a quick loop thing that I cooked up. Ignore some of the effects, I'm still trying to flesh it out.

vocaroo.com/i/s0DpZc3imqvd

I've only ever played my Orange RV50 thought celestion g12H's but recently i've been listening to a lot of garage rock and im finding most of these guys use fender amps. I'm thinking of trying to switch up my speakers for something USA voiced, anyone have experience with this sort of thing/have any speaker recommendations for a good USA garage rock speaker?

They played a show here in Tijuana, MX the other day, literally just a few blocks from my house.

I'm not a Megadeth fan at all (fuck em Daves), but they seemed to be pretty happy cause it sold out and people were mad excited.

Now KISS is coming too.

I hate this city.

Do I own a meme machine or is it too tame?

on mememachines the line between bass and guitar is often blurred beyond recognition

>5 strings
>no overly extended fretboard
>only two colours
>no weird stuff like fret fanning or tremolo
way too tame to be a mememachine bro

I wonder where they got that "brooklyn bridge" gauge string

Kallium strings do some .266 I think
I don't know why you would use it, I'm pretty sure even a low F# doesn't need that thick.

what's the lowest string? F#?

If anyone could make a tab out of this I bet eternal greatful

youtube.com/watch?v=hzjDrdtP0-s

>string wrapped around another string
the deepest memes never end

I want to see this thing being played

jesus christ what a fucking pussy

Came across this for 460 dollars.
Is this a good deal? The guitar itself is a Tokai MAT MIJ from 1987.

what the fuck is this

Me? the song? what has being a coward have to to with anything?

Is there a viable bridge cover for the Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster?

stashstainlessbass.com/
A stainless steel bass

No, you need a regular Jazzmaster bridge for that.

what "fingerboard" radius is that? jesus

>what "fingerboard" radius is that?
too small

Is it possible to just drop one in? I recall the tunomatics being smaller than the normal bridge

Is my bass a meme machine? Only true meme connoisseurs need apply

the JM bridge cover clamps down on the original bridges, it cant clamp down on a tune-o-matic

look for one that fits a tune-o-matic

youtube.com/watch?v=fAVxqwiyoQo
sounds like shit too

But is it possible to just replace the tune o matic? Or would I have to widen the posts

>NO BASS PLAYERS ALLOWED
do you think that words can stop me?

>5 strings
>wood

Yup

So apparently Fender is dropping the American Standard and stores are dropping prices trying to get rid of their inventory. Some places have been as low as $949 shipped so far online.

Man I wish I had $1000 right now.

>apparently Fender is dropping the American Standard

why on Earth are they doing that?

American Standard in general or just the American Standard Strat?

Where you getting this info from?

NS Radius bass?

weird. you'd think that's one of their best selling models

Looks like even MIA Jazz basses are discounted at the moment.

Must be a big sale to move older product.

Not sure if I'm relieved or sad.

I ain't finding none cheaper at MF, GC or Reverb.

bump

The Dimension basses had something similar happen to them a few months ago. Are they still available/being made?

>NS Radius bass?
It's an Ibenhad SRT 905DX

>wood
Not all natural basses are memes. My bass got some pretty memey woods tho

holy crap seriously?!!

>Must be a big sale to move older product.
This, they did it in 2010 too. New body color/pup combos probably coming.

I don't remember SRs having this kind of contours
also we need a new thread

>Not all natural basses are memes. My bass got some pretty memey woods tho
Jokes aside, it looks great. Diggin those barts as well. I like batolinis and swamp ash myself.

Hopefully.

I'm tired of Fender's obesssion with white, black and sunburst.

I don't care if they sell the most, they're boring as fuckin' shit.

Gotta get those special runs with natural finishes and ash bodies.

My special run MIM jazz was actually cheaper than standard and looks way better IMO.

Gotta get dat Shell Pink and Sherwood Green Jazz Basses that don't got the names "Flea" or "that cockhead from U2 no one cares about" on 'em.

are you george bush?

youtube.com/watch?v=p2JMEoK_o0A

Hi anons, im a beginner can anyone link me some good teacher on youtube?

Ok mutants pieces of shit you finally did it.
>bully on jaguar fags because meme guitar
>Get one squire vm for the keks (and because it was dirty cheap).
>Play with it, feels great even being a squier, great action, no intonation problems, no string getting out the saddle problem (using 11s).
>Discover rolling the volume pot a bit makes it sound actually good (no stupid 1MeOhms harsh shit)
>mfw i actually like the jaguar
Should i ironically now get a hipster haircut, buy shitloads of pedals and start a shoegaze band???

bump

Or some playlist with guitar lessons? Would aprreciate it

clyp.it/1ik3i1d2

I don't know, apparently they've done it before for a few years so that they can bring it back eventually and market it as a classic thing. Strat fan forums are posting these deals all over the place with rumors being confirmed by dealers. Can't get any links right now but just visit a strat forum.

Actually here's one: strat-talk.com/threads/american-standard-truth-with-psa.411539/

Found this Washburn G-5V from the 80's for a VERY cheap price.
Are they any good?

washburn makes some of the worst guitars i've ever touched in my life. daisy rock level quality.

Daaaaaayum