Headphones General

What headphones/Earbuds are you using?

Sennheiser PXC 450 for bed/nomad use, and Sennheiser HD800 for home listening.

bose quietcomfort 25 for general music

logitech G930 for PC shit

I have some of those beats earbuds that I got at some company meeting, but I haven't used earbuds in months

Gross.

Tell me you've got a decent amp for those.

Do they make headphones with replacable cords? Or one's that you can unplug to make wireless or something?

Some cheap (

Should i get the jaybirds x2?

AKG K240s have a replaceable cable

More headphone gore plox

b&w

kys

Xiaomi Piston 3. They're like $17 bucks and they're fucking awesome for the money. Go check the Cred Forums headphone chart. Those nerds know what they're talking about.

Eh... Bluetooth headphones will always have shitty audio quality. Look for a pair of cans from Sennheiser, Bayerdynamic, AKG, or Audio Techinca.

Just got these Sony MDR-V6s earlier this week. You guys have any thoughts on these?
I got them for both listening and mixing, since I heard they're flat.
They were tight as fuck and hurt instantly at first, but after a few nights of stretching them over a box they seem pretty nice

autism

I've only had shitty headphones pretty much all my life. I'm currently just using apple earbuds. The best headphones I've ever used are a pair of MDR XD100s that costed like, 20 bucks before they were discontinued. Yet I thought they sounded absolutely phenomenal before they broke.
I'm thinking of saving up for a pair of ATH-M40X headphones (I would've considered a pair of open back headphones if it weren't for the fact that I don't live alone and there's usually construction work not far from my home so sound leakage would be a real problem). So with my absolute lack of experience with headphones, do you think the M40X will blow me away? And is there anything better than them for the price? I looked into the M50X, but I heard the 40s had a flatter frequency response and I'm mainly looking for accurate sound production more than anything.

Still listening on my Sennheiser HD555's that I picked up around 6-7 years ago.

I have the short one and it's really fucking nice.

1More Triple Driver.

I had those for years but I just got a pair of audio technica m40x

Whats a decent pair of headphones to plug into a Lane A class amp so I can play guitar and be quiet in my hotel room

Grado sr-225i's are amazing for any natural instruments been using them for a few months now

Samson SR950
The best quality at the best price

Also, does anyone have an in ear chart? I want some new ones.

currently using two decades old AKG-k44s, they hurt my ears at prolonged use and have probably ran their course. Waiting on shipment of AKG K872, hopefully they'll last another 20 years

Seconding this

An in-ear chart is a bit difficult. Soem people test a lot of headphones by ordering them on amazon, listening a bit and then returning them for a refund. Since in-ear headphones are classified as hygiene products in many countries it's often impossible to return them once you've opened the package and therefore you'd need to buy a lot of them in order to get a good idea of the different sounds.

ATH m40x w/ HM5 PU pleather pads and Sennheiser HD 598. This is best combination imo Great closed back and open back cans. What more could you ask for?

Interested too

Sony MDR-V6's but I'm looking to find a good, affordable ( $100-$200 range) pair with a detachable/replacable cord, since I'm more concerned about my V6's cords getting fucked up somehow and I can't just get a new one to plug in.

ATH M50x

thats what more you could ask for

felt the difference between the two when i was shopping, didn't mind dropping the extra $100.

so fuck you i guess

but M40x is better than M50x kek

Why do you think so?

This is just cringe, leave.

Xiaomi Hybrids or VE monks plus, depending on what you want. I own both and more :3
The Etymotic Research ER4P-T are also pretty good.
I got to listen to the Shure KSE1500 not too long ago, and they are easily the best I heard.
Once you see the price tag though, you'll change your mind about getting them.

Both are massively overrated. The 558's and m50x/m40x sound mediocre at best.
Looks like someone didn't do their research.

t. audiophile

they're just more accurate imo, the only thing the M50s have over the M40s is bass

598's**** not the 558's

No you shouldn't

I had the sr225e and I can concur too, however, these headphones were very uncomfortable, and the soundstage/treble was not really something they excelled at. The mids were a bit more pronounced but very detailed. .

If you're paying over $200 then you deserved to get scammed.

Kys

Love mine for mixing and listening equally.

the 40x and 598 are not considered overrated when u compare it to the m50x lad

Oppos and KXXs mostly. I'm thinking of getting rid of the 598s depending on how good the new series is.

Razer Kraken 7.1

EarPods

they last long,the quality of sound is high and the ears don't hurt if you listen to the music for a long period of time

Just ordered a lightly used pair of m50x's for 95$. Feels good

Thinking of getting these, worth a cop?

AKG K550 MkII for home, and some cheap Philips TX2 for places where I think I might get robbed if I wear proper headphones.

These just arrived

How do I decide on buying an amp? M40x here

for my desktop I have a pair of sennheiser HD650 headphones, for my guitar amp I have AKG K240 headphones, for my electronic drum kit I have sony mdr v6 headphones. For to go, I have sennheiser momentum, which I recently retired for Denon ah mm400 headphones, modified with Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 earpads.

also, for my desktop amp I have schiitz magni 2 and modi.

Sennheiser HD558 at home, a pair of Apple earbuds for my phone/laptop and a pair of Koss PortaPros for work

Koss Pro4s

New flagship from the ultimate poorfag brand. Cheaper than the M50x and sounds a lot better. The Porta Pro is also easily the best in its price range for anyone really short of money.

Also have the AKG K240 and Sennheiser Momentum but have no real use for either now

hifiman re400

I would replace M40x with an IEM. No point having two full-sized cans. Have one for home and one that's ultra-portable

They are less bass heavy, easily much better bang for buck