/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 40
Nights since last BNM: 4

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Atrocity Exhibition is now out
-G.L.O.S.S. breaks up. Graveyard breaks up.
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Danny Brown, Bon Iver, and Steve Hauschildt.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65845495#p65847930
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66890211#p66893277
twitter.com/brandonstosuy/status/781146037067153408
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread stands by & supports Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al

This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al.

quit posting from your phone, samefagging p4k shill

daily reminder good content guy is a khv.

>You don't see me pretending to be you and saying that I'm a well-liked person with a great sex life.
-- Good Content Guy !!5UXkuc+0WE8

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65845495#p65847930

daily reminder i killed him.

>and just so everyone knows: i'm more or less done posting in these threads for now. i try and read through them some nights, but the trolls who post in these threads just make me snap and that's the last thing i need right now. (this is where you write something about how i'm easily triggered or something, you dipshit basement dwellers.)
-- Good Content Guy !!5UXkuc+0WE8

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S66890211#p66893277

Bon Iver will either be a 9+ or a heavy pan, it's bizarre and experimental but isn't kill whitey enough

Danny, Justin and Nico all looking at 9.0+ BNMs in a row.

only Danny will get the 9

pan for Bonnie
Nico get's an 8.4-8.5 BNM

What's Nico?

Danny will get panned I'm afraid. Its just not something I can march to. Thats unfortunately how P4K judges rap albums nowadays. Also there is the fact that I wouldn't say its Prog-hop. More like BLM-core/self-conscious hip hop. Not prog at all like King Krimson or Alt-J

Nicolás Jaar

>BLM-core/self-conscious hip hop
The album is good specifically because it doesn't get into this shit

They gave him 3 BNT, that's a guaranteed 8.8+

There hasn't been a strong AOTY contender yet. Blackstar would be cheap since they gave it an 8.something and AMSP, TGM are great but not AOTY material in p4k's sense. If the "indie/rap/indie/rap" pattern holds true they'll have a strong candidate for both.

sure is pleb-y in here.

Dat Neurosis review gon drop tonite lads. If it's less than 7 fuck p4k.

>2014 - RTJ2
>2015 - TPAB
indie/rap pattern is dead, Atrocity Exhibition or Coloring Book will be p4k's AOTY

danny low 9s
bonnie high 8s
jenny low 8s
nico low 8s

it's gonna go
Jaar 8.4 BNM
BI 8.7 BNM
Danny 9.3 BNM

in that order (but idk about consecutive days)

All this Nico underrating is pissing me off

8.5s for everyone, score of 2016 and the new p4k safe mode review

both of you can fuck off

See Doris

but Doris didn't live up to those tracks, AE does

dat Skeleton Tree doe

Bon Iver is gonna get a 9 or above. You can tell just from the amount of coverage, plus one of the songs already got BNT

jenny hval will prob get a safe 8.3 bnm. great album - in my top 5 of the year.

its not great tbqh

but critics will eat it up

Brandon Stosuy Bon Iver review confirmed
twitter.com/brandonstosuy/status/781146037067153408

9.4 confirmed

dude you copied this from the fucking danny brown thread last night. get out of here.

>there will never be another white indie aoty

if bon srsly gets above danny i am done with this indie trash site & their unbearable whiteness

if dubs danny gets 9+ bnm
if trips bon iver gets 9.5+ bnm
if quads, both of them get below an 8

>Thinks Blood Bitch is great
>Doesn't think Sirens is great
Top pleb

blood bitch deals with it's themes, politics, and subject matter in a far more cogent manner than sirens does. hval is also a stronger vocalist than jaar and the album as a whole is super cohesive.

When will they give a woman another score above 9.0??? Last one was HooM

Ummm...
So p4k is unbearably white site that will never give a white musician AOTY again?
Okay

>HooM
?

>doesnt know hoom

danny brown 8.4 because pitchfork will ALWAYS disappoint with experimental rap reviews

Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom

Last one was Fiona Apple in 2012, not HOOM.
Then again, you might also count Anohni for this year

Inb4 >her

I want that useless bitchfork guy and his charts to come back. I miss his bad gimmick for some reason.

Just saw you said above 9.0, whoops

Thank you.

>above 9.0

Those both got 9.0

you conditioned yourself to them, it comes with being on Cred Forums, you learn to live with the shitposting until you almost feel bad when it stops because you know nothing else

>her

Grimes will be receiving her 10 in 2018/19

kys

All this false hype. probably the least amount of bangers he's ever put on a record with the shittest lines. Cool album art though.

>the shittiest lines
>titties out like new orleans
>slurp that pussy up like lo mein

>All this false hype. probably the least amount of bangers he's ever put on a record

are you parodying witless teenagers right now or are you literally one of them

Danny Brown 8.7
Nicky Jaar 8.4
Bonny Bear TEN

screen cap me for i am the one true prophet

shitpost

oops i meant
nicky jaar 8.7
danny brown 8.9
im still 1 true prophet

Jaar BNM 8.7

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Nicolas Jaar 8.7 BNM by Jonah Bromwich
Warpaint 6.7 by Saby Reyes-Kulkarni
Moor Mother 8.2 by Kevin Lozano
Blonde Redhead 7.3 by Stuart Berman

One of three done. Was expecting at least 8.6 for Jaar but hoping for a 9+, do they give back to back 9+'s to anyone not named Kanye?

Jaar should have gotten a 9.5

jaar gets the 8.7 holly herndon "we care about this kind of music!" score

3 MORE TO GO

JENNY HVAL 8.3 BNM
22 MILLI 8.9 BNM
DANNY 9.2 BNM

this week has been nuts

I wonder if P4K actually cares about that kinda music or if p4ks audience just puts so much weight on hip-hop rankings so artists like Jaar would totally go under the radar if not for the bnm

anco had 3 in a row, and i wouldnt doubt sung tongs would have gotten it too

probably because people like jaar are more towards the "idm" side of underground dance music

I think what Jaar has been doing since his debut has been in a class of its own. A lot of people hate of him because he is a p4k and RA darling but he has taken many risks and arguably knocked all of them out of the park. I cannot name a stronger record in 2015 than Pomegranates.

RA?

yes, p4k likes boring dance music. it's why they have a hard-on 4 ppl like jaar and jon hopkins and why worthy shit barely ever gets above an 8.1.

the thing is jaar is such an incredible dj that it overshadows his actual output for me. i dont think anything will ever top his boiler room set

jon hopkins deserved it

resident advisor

Agreed

jaar is pretty nondescript as a dj...have you ever been to a club? lol

and jon hopkins is total pish

have you been to any of his actual sets? i caught him for a second at fyf a couple years ago and it was insane, shit got me way into minimal house

about as nuts as may 5th when tons of shti came out that week

yes, and i didn't think much of it. but minimal house is, imo, the dirge of dance music. and if i'm gonna listen to that then villalobos is a far more entertaining dj in that field even if he can be inconsistent (he's fucked on drugs a lot lol).

listening to Danny Brown's new album now, there better be bangers to this one

the minimal stuff is like, idk, transcendental for me. everything changed when i was at some hippy prom in LA and someone gave me a hit off a popper, i was in the bathroom next to the dancefloor and the muted beat was so.... affecting. i got into wolfgang voigt a ton after that ordeal. lowkey dance music brings me closer to god

that's fine. to me it's just so...empty i guess. i mean, it's alright for home listening but at the club? nah m8. too introspective and tends to clear the floors. transcendent for me is probably all the times i've seen omar or jeremy.

Bonnie bears gettin a 10 boys

Bloom got a 9.1