How hard would it be to kick off another wave of extreme metal in today's world...

How hard would it be to kick off another wave of extreme metal in today's world? Scenes are pretty much dead because of the internet. Will there ever be anything like the late 80's and early 90's black metal scene?
What would be the end result if we started wearing corpsepaint again, recording lo-fi metal on 8-track recorders, and only using vintage equipment? What if he started committing acts, and boycotting mainstream culture? You know, refusing to use social media, refusing to sign to major labels, self-releasing everything, refusing to play big venues, opting instead to play house shows and warehouse type settings, with fire and dead animals on stage like Mayhem did? Could we kick off another scene, or is music culture dead forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

liturgy.bandcamp.com/album/the-ark-work
glyptoglossio.bandcamp.com/releases
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=black metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=C8GLCPan7YY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Music "scenes" are dead, for the most part, but it would be fucking cool.

it would just be hipster metal

Try starting your own scene, you're just trying to revive black metal again, which won't happen.

My point is that scenes existed in the early 90's. All it took was a charismatic leader to convince seemingly ordinary people to commit violent crimes and arson, and live on a farm together away from society. Could a phenomenon like that ever happen again, or has the internet destroyed the concept of scenes?

I'm sure you could band some edgy dudes together in a basement and record shitty music and commit pranks and vandalism. It would probably be fun desu

it hasn't, it has created a new kind of scene. And international scene.You simply have to adapt and create something new with it.

I want a small, exclusive, underground scene. Is that possible in today's world?

get a bunch of friends, and do that. Then your friends friends will come, and so one until everyone gets tired and moves on.

Black Metal revival would be cool, but it's not going to take off. Sorry, OP. The only place you can be that edgy now is online.

There's definitely still local scenes and movements, none of you are aware of them because you don't go to shows locally and you aren't in bands.

Almost every local scene nowadays celebrates itself

I want to fuck with my local mosque. I do record black metal. I want to leave a quran nailed to the front door, covered in blood or shit, or something offensive. It would be hollowed out and contain a cassette with my music on it. This would surely gain the attention of local news, and perhaps inspire other black metal artists to do the same.

My only concern is that muslims are crazier than I am. I don't want them to go blow up a Wal-Mart or something the next day in retaliation.

There are plenty of bands I see locally that have minimal or zero social media presence, who are on their friends record labels or self release everything themselves. Mayhem wasn't doing the fire and dead animals thing at house shows and warehouses, they were doing it at smaller clubs and bars. I have seen various acts self harm at house shows however. I haven't encountered any tossing dead animals in the crowd stuff though.

If you use blood, even your own blood, it will start a police investigation. Don't be a fucking idiot and get arrested over a prank. Just pee on it or something.

>all these people thinking of the internet as a limiting factor
you've got it all backwards. the next extreme metal movement is being born out of the internet, and post-internet aesthetics
liturgy.bandcamp.com/album/the-ark-work
glyptoglossio.bandcamp.com/releases

To replicate the Norwegian black metal scene you'd actually need to release a bunch of incredible albums, otherwise no one will care about your antics and the scene will fail. Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone, and Immortal all managed to create incredible albums that really evolved the genre, while the events that took place just added more meaning to the music.

If you just go around wearing corpse paint and fucking with churches no one will really care.

Already happened OP

>with fire and dead animals on stage like Mayhem did
>le scawy white edgemasters
lol black metal was such a joke

I remember being an edgy freshmen in high school and picking up my first issue of Revolver at Hot Topicâ„¢, OP.

Good times, enjoy them while they last as they rarely survive the laughter/ridicule of the people you obviously desperately want to pay attention to you.

If a scene started nowadays it would just become a meme and normies would ruin it desu.

bm is very much alive
youre just not looking hard enough..
cllose your wikipedia tab about norway and go read old zines, interviews, actually learn something before you start spreading bullshit

scenes are alive and present too, most often it celebrates itself.
it just so happens that they are not everywhere..

hell satan yeah so alive

technology sure has made everyone a pussy

meant to respond to

thats cringey, cool deicide shirt tho

>black metal
>cringey
who woulda thunk it? really gets the noggin joggin'

youre stupid
just because you dont see jackasses wearing corpse paint around, doesnt mean the music isnt being made
there are several active extreme metal labels all across the us and also in europe
most of the connections were done by mail, internet is only here to help you

>there are several active extreme metal labels all across the us and also in europe
hell yeah bad ass black metal bands all over the place! hail satan!

well, whatever

>well, whatever
lol

Extreme metal is doing fine. Real life 'scenes' are practically non-existent and have largely migrated onto the Internet.

Another wave of murder and church arson? Great.

yeah this pretty much

>there are people who think extreme metal is dead
there are more extreme metal albums being made than ever before, including black metal. It's just not as public (but still visable).
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=black metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
here

we have this thread every week shut the fuck up about starting a local scene, you all have social anxiety

>tfw literally the current underground music scene right now is vaporwave
how does Cred Forums feel about this?

>underground

this is a joke right ?

There are always new bands popping up Black Metal will never die!

youtube.com/watch?v=C8GLCPan7YY

relatively speaking
it's the only modern equivalent

>there are more electronic albums being made on laptops than ever before
it's cute you don't know what dead means

you will never be edgier than these guys , get over it: beheading is the new church burning.

This. If you were actually interested in playing the edgemaster game you could schedule a public shitting on, covering in pigs blood, or burning a Koran during a concert.

...but you won't though. Because you're all a bunch of scared white suburban first world cowards who'd never taunt an actual religious adversary with a penchant for mashing westerners into hamburger meat.

And everybody knows it, hence why you're now openly mocked like the clownshit corpsepainted gutless bitches you are.