Can we agree that he's the most technically skilled rapper?

Can we agree that he's the most technically skilled rapper?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZX6Ypr4XY
youtube.com/watch?v=xZx0nm1ghCg
youtu.be/QWveXdj6oZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that'd be DOOM

nah

awful image
please refrain from posting ever again

On Rateyourmusic, all his post-2002 albums are rated below 3.00

Will he ever get back up on his legs?

no

who cares

nope. he is kinda good but have you ever heard tyler rapping? lol

that's what i'd say too senpai

love aesop rock and some of those guys in wu blow my mind

His good flows are stolen, his bad ones are fucking cringeworthy

how is "technically skilled" even measured here?
Lil Wayne and Aesop Rock, say, are both technically gifted rappers but in two entirely different ways.

But that's not Andre 3 stacks though

tech n9ne hands down.

garbage lyrics, but when it comes to actual technical skill, he's the one

it's a term white rap fans use to refer primarily to eminem (and occasionally TechN9ne and Hopsin as well.) it means either "angry rap on sad beat", "fast rapping", or "rap completely void of colloquialisms that would make it hard for a 40 year old suburban desk worker to understand" depending on context

Technically skilled means how complex the rhyme structure is. In terms of internal Rhymes, compound rhymes , multisyllabics, etc.

Filthy dumb numale scum.

Not really. He's one of the best lyricist in the business though.

Rapping fast ≠ technically skilled.

No one's giving a flying fuck to rym. If I had developed my music taste by looking rym scores, I wouldn't be listening to Rammstein.

how you gonna call me numale when you're the one all about these white acting extra niggas and talking about poetic metrics in fucking rap on the internet, faggot

Pharaoh Monch, Andre 3000, Rakim, and the Gravekeeper come to mind thought I'm not sure what you mean by technique.

Nah. DOOM is acclaimed for his lyrics, production and ability to make concept albums. Not his flow or technique.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZX6Ypr4XY

by that metric, Gucci Mane is a better rapper than Eminem.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZx0nm1ghCg

Nas, GZA, Rakim

>if a website said something is bad it must be true
RYM is cancer.

Not at all.

He's nice, don't get me wrong. But his technical ability isn't on the level of folks like El-p, Mos Def, Jay Elec, etc. And to be clear: we're talking strictly technical ability.

The problem with discussing this subject, though, specifically with Eminem involved, is controversy. People are emotionally attached to Eminem. Truth is there is a long list of emcees technically superior to Eminem, and have been for a long time.

Eminem is fine.
The only people who think he's the best or "most technically skilled" are people who barely listen to hip-hop.

He has no wordplay, is constantly challenged by timing, no versatility (and to add: is predictable), and brings no depth to content.

Sounding angry while you're saying tough shit can only get you so far to people who study the craft.

>white ppl amirite
Back to tumblr you go numale.

>rap must be dumb and simplistic
Both a racist and a numale, utterly amazing.

Nobody can ever agree on anything, so no.

top kek

That was pretty good for gucci.

However youtu.be/QWveXdj6oZU

Renegade , lose yourself, dead wrong are good examples of his complex rhyme structure. Multiple pairings of words that rhyme vs the usual monosyllabic rhyming that people usually do.

>SAMA LAMA DUMA LAMA

Yes.

Can you give some examples of him stealing flows?

Canibus and Kool G Rap are.

Why is he regarded as good again? He's nothing impressive lyrically and his flow isn't particularly good. Would anyone give him any attention if he wasn't the token white rapper?

He's not even the most techincally skilled rapper from Detroit.

In order to talk about this at all we need to define what technically skilled means because that can vary wildly from person to person. To me, it means everything about non-lyrical excepting rhymes about the rapper, so that includes flow, rhyme scheme and structure, and to a much lesser degree, speed.

Even looking back at Eminem's glory days, I wouldn't say that he was the absolute best technician despite being a top-tier rapper. His flows and rhyme schemes were crazy– Drug Ballad, Without Me, Renegade, his verse on the Dead Wrong remix, etc., are all amazing, but they were also carried by his own intensity, and when he lost that spark he had he fell off hard. His technique wasn't enough to save him.

So, who is the best? It's nearly impossible to say because the best rappers aren't just good on a purely technical level. You have guys like Kendrick and Danny Brown who are top-tier technicians but it's the other elements that they bring to the table that make them great. If I had to nominate some, my gut says to go with GZA, Gift of Gab, Andre 3K, and Tech N9ne.

Eminem used to be good until he started yelling.

I didn't think of GZA. great picks.

I still think Eminem has a great flow timing wise.

the correct answer is Eminem is a great rapper who has been recognized by his peers, including the ones mentioned in this thread like tech 9 and andre 3k as a great rapper. He also has the advantage of being more commercial and palatable, not just to whites but to blacks as well than more obscure rappers like Doom. MF Doom is a good rapper too but he is for backpackers and contrarians like the people on this board. Eminem is often ranked the best rapper by blacks and whites because of his skill and ability.

seacrest...out!

Great isn't the same as greatest.

>813▶
> (You)

>Eminem is often ranked the best rapper by blacks and whites because of his skill and ability.

way to use those reading comprehension skills namefag

>whites and blacks

10/10 vagueness

>ctrl+f
>aesop rock
>only 2 results

i remember why i stopped coming here

I don't know why more rappers try to rap like him. His songs are fun.

*don't

actually it's Chip Fu

his verses are dense and often beautiful but other folks have him beat from a flow and rhyme perspective.

this tee bee haitch