Where do you stand in the Pyramid of Taste?

Where do you stand in the Pyramid of Taste?

On top of it, looking down at anyone posting the very old version instead of the glorious new one.

Type-0 cause im not a class traitor

Type VI

So basically anything with a dumb made up name gets to sit on the top?

All names and words are made up.

Not entirely mad, just what genre is indeterminancy? I couldn't decide exactly what was happening in my ears, I'm not really determined on the whole matter?

Indeterminacy is a technique for composition that aims to remove the composer from the process, pioneered by John Cage.

I'm imagining beethoven laying some sweet vocals on top of his concerto, and this cage guy painstakingly going in and removing the words. I'll Google and enjoy whatever I find, thank you for taking the time to explain

Nah, it's not like that at all. It's about letting the music compose itself, through chance. It's as much a philosophy of music as it is a composition technique, really. John Cage has a book called "Silence" which compiles many of his writings and lectures, including those on indeterminacy. Give it a read if you can.

It can also refer to indeterminacy in performance, meaning the piece will be performed differently each time, by chance elements.

Like playing a note and letting the void of silence explain what the next note should be? I'll try the book since it sounds above my level of understanding

More like deciding which notes to use by throwing a set of dice. Or playing notes by throwing rocks at the piano strings randomly.

i'm a dirty bottom shitter

So... Free Improv for pretentious people?

Nope, not free improv at all. It's still rigorously structured, it's just that the structures themselves have chance elements.

Why is American Primitivism so high?

>throwing rocks at the piano strings RANDOMLY.
>structured
No, that's like lazy free improv.

Nope, they're thrown according to a structure, not entirely randomly. If it was the only part of a piece, it probably wouldn't be held in very high regard.

I'll have to read about it, still have a hard time understanding how you'd remove the artist from the equation

The composer is removed in that the composition is based on chance, rather than the composers discrete decisions.

Most of my daily listening in is Type 0-II but I enjoy stuff in III-IV on occasion.

who wants to see a picture of my cat

yea sure

bath day

aww

>tfw too smart to listen to memerap or rawk or bleep

That pyramid has nothing to do with taste.

"good taste" is knowing and appreciating good music of many different genres.

As a classical fag, I would consider someone who purely listens to aleatoric, new complexity and spectralism to have worse taste than someone who listens to all of those plus baroque and renaissance era music. Good taste is having a balanced and widespread interested in many different genres.

Plus that pyramid is not structured logically. it combines genres, techniques (many overlapping or subsets of one another - like sonorism and spectralism) and whatever labels the retarded creator felt like using. It doesn't really mean much, and to pedal it as a "pyramid of taste" is ignorant comical.

Type III

>to pedal it

I used to listen to Martial Industrial. The online communities where a clusterfuck of people with mental health issues.

Martial Industrial is rubbish.

I looked up Onkyo-kei because of this.

Now I understand the DG inspiration a bit better but there will probably some more similar mentally ill genres that sound like DG instrumentals on speed. Thank DG for preparing this normie for the patrician vibes of Onkyo-kei.

Forgot to add, red = love, orange = like

Also, it's not a pyramid of taste, it's a pyramid ranking the most difficult genres to enjoy listening to

>no harsh noise at the top
>no lowercase at the top
>no field recordings at the top
What kind of bullshit pyramid is this

t. embryo

Those are pleb patrician genres.

not as good desu